Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / PINBALL in NYC?
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:14 pm

any new york goners know where there are some good pinball machines in the city? i've recently fallen into a pinball relapse and am looking for a good, out of the way, CHEAP machine to fuck around on. any good tips?

i can't believe some of these places want $1.00 a play...

bonus finders fee if you can lead me to an addams family machine!
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:26 pm

DR. WHO
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:29 pm

7 B (on 7th and Avenue B of course) has some good pinball but they change their machines every few months so I don't know what they have there now. It's $1.00 but you get 5 balls per game so you can play for a good while iffin' you're on a roll. D Train is the resident NY pinball expert so he probably has some suggestions!

Good luck finding an Addams Family machine & if you do post it! That's my favorite apart from Twilight Zone.
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:31 pm

If you're ever in Mpls. (for whatever reason) this place will make your head spin. The first time I walked into this place it took me 15 minutes to shake off the vertigo...

http://www.ssbilliards.com/pinball.html
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:42 pm

DC has a pinball finder, believe it or not. I haven't found one for NYC yet.

maybe check here

http://www.vpforums.com/modules.php?s=4cde661070ba03b8ff711337fdba2474 &name=Locator
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:43 pm

Yep here you go

Type: Bar/Pub
2 x 4 (2 by four)
2nd ave south east corner
below 4th street
New York, NY
United States

Map It! with
Tables at this location (1):
Addams F
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:44 pm

There's a machine at the Motorcity bar. Come to me and sixteene and Matt Pendelton's party there tomorrow night. and hear crazy records while you tilt.
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:46 pm

I hate Addams Family, but only because it was next to a Cyclone that I played a lot and the sound was really loud.
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:48 pm

I'll take my finders fee in quarters please.
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:51 pm

Thanks 16! I have to 2nd the 7B suggestions. Quality stuff. Also pop around the corner to ACE Bar. They are on 5th between A & B. Great stuff. The one at Motor City is not reliable and most times expensive...I can't remember if they have any at Barcade or not. It's been a while. But that place is fun too. Huge bar wih about 50 old scool video games all for $25 cents. On Union and Grand in williamsburg...
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:52 pm

2x4 is a gay bar yo....
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:52 pm

I should have just let you figure that out on yer own ha-ha....damm!
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:56 pm

Is'nt that where you met "Harry?"
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:57 pm

I don't live in NYC and I hate Addams Family so no biggie.
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:57 pm

Bazzookkka, please call me...
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 9:58 pm

That place is too xpensive for Harry.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:39 am

thanks! i'm gonna try out 7B really soon. i have a ping pong club (GEEK) tommorrow night, but maybe i can get over to motorcity afterward!

i played the "pirates of the caribbean" pinball last week at max fish. it was the first time i ever went in any of those bars on ludlow. its a really great machine, but a buck a play.... and max fish is a bit much for me. still, i'll probably go back.

addams family is my favorite because it was the machine i had in my highschool student union. played that fucking thing every studyhall. the sound can be kind of annoying, i guess. GAY BAR MAMUSHKA!?!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:50 am

Weird timing. I was just flipping through this week's Time Out magazine and somebody wrote in asking for suggestions on pinball machines. They recommend Ace Bar (Sopranos and World Poker Tour, $1 a game) and The Levee in Williamsburg. I haven't been in the Levee but walked by it a few times recently. It's a couple blocks from Passout on Berry and N. 3rd. The article says they have a Harley-Davidson machine at 50 cents per game or three games for $1. Also says they have a "Sportsman Special" there - can of Black Label and a shot Evan Williams whiskey for $4.

Dtrain, you ever check this place out?

The one other place they suggest is Daddy's out on Graham Ave. They got an Elvis machine and Lord of the Rings.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 5:58 am

they got a shooting range in any of the bouroughs?

I need to sharpen my skills for an upcomming marksman
competition
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 6:44 am

My girlfriend's rich brother has about 10 pinball machines at his fucking HOUSE, and owns 10 more that he hasn't yet moved there. He even has my all-time fave, Attack From Mars...needless to say, I go whenever the opportunity comes!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 7:41 am

they got a shooting range in any of the bouroughs?

there's a shooting range in the basement of some building in chelsea, but it's expensive and you have to hang out with cops.
Posted: May 15, 2007 3:31 pm

Yo jblundell --- you ever settle on a good place in town for pinball?
Posted: May 15, 2007 6:02 pm

not a regular spot, but some games here and there. still haven't been to that 7-B place yet! i totally forgot about it.

the simpsons pinball machine is pretty good. they have one at "lost and found" bar in greenpoint, but its way out of level....

harley davidson at the levee is alright too.

elvis pinball at magnetic field.

no addams family in sight. i found one in a pizza parlor in santa barbara, but doesn't do me much good here.

if i can find a pinball machine at one of those "free pizza" bars i'd have a reason to go out sometimes.
Posted: May 15, 2007 6:54 pm

I used to be peripherally associated with these guys -- click on Metro Report for a listing of NYC pins:

http://nycpinball.org/

It used to get very outdated, but looks like people are working on it again.

If you're looking to buy or repair a pin in NYC, click on the link there for Crazy Levi. He's a friend of a friend and I can vouch for him.

I'm pretty sure I played pinball at a previous incarnation of that 2X4 bar. Once or twice a year I used to do a pinball crawl with a bunch of friends, spending a whole Saturday drinking and playing pinball in 5-10 venues. There'd usually be a gay bar on the initerary, as the gay dives always have good machines. Go during the day with some friends and no one will give you any trouble.
Posted: May 15, 2007 6:59 pm | Edited by: Adam

Thanks, jblundell. I've been off the pinball track for several years now, and I imagine I'll go through a lot of cash real fast at a dollar a game, but what the hey.

Back in the salad days, I whiled away many a pinball and whiskey filled afternoon at 7B. Holler at me if you ever want to head over there.

My kingdom for an Attack from Mars.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®