Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / putting together a norton records order
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 10:08 pm

any suggestions?
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 10:10 pm

Not a Norton rklease, but get the Stud Cole LP from them. Get the U-turns single and Big Itch volumes 1-8. Total crucial party dude.
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 10:12 pm

Get Hasil Adkinds "Peanut Butter Rock'n'Roll."

Get the Willie Egans repro 45's "Wear Your Black Dress" and Come On."

Get the Mad Daddy CD.
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Mad Daddy seconded.
Also:

Nervous Norvus
Hannibal
Flamin Groovies/Slow Death
Gino Washington
and the early Bobby Fuller stuff is great too.
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 10:23 pm

Gino Washington

Seconded. Both volumes absolutley rooool.
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 10:29 pm

Gino Washington

Seconded. Both volumes absolutley rooool.

thirded(?)

actually i've only heard the first one, but it does rule indeed.

any other suggestions would be great as well, i'm gonna try and do a bunch of norton orders over the next few months. .
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 10:39 pm

Figures of Light single. Best "punk" record ever.

"Rampage!" comp.

"I was A Teenage Mummy" DVD. See Billy Miller writhing on th floor like a total freak during an A Bones performance!
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 10:41 pm

Arch Hall Jr. "Wild Guitar" (I don't have it but it loks killer)
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 10:43 pm

CHIMNEY SWEEPS!!!
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 10:09 pm

There's tons o Norton swag on the Goner mailorder page right now. Just scored the new Sonics "live in '64" single myself. Plus, some Gino on recommendation.
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 10:13 pm

dude, hold off for a week til you can get the new alarm clocks album. it's gonna be a killer. then you need the figures of light an the u turns. the chimney sweeps not so much.

i wonder if eric an zac will sell me the hipshakes an cockhomos singles to review for my new zine???
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 10:22 pm

cockhomos singles to review for my new zine???

come to our show and i'll give you one free!
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 10:25 pm

one what???
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 10:26 pm

HA!
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 10:28 pm

Arch Hall Jr. "Wild Guitar" (I don't have it but it loks killer)

i saw him in egah. he looks like a cyst with teeth and hair.

my friend chubby thunders has the film called wild guitar...is what you're talking about? or just the soundtrack?
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 10:42 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

It's a comp of his stuff called Wild Guitar. The movie is great too.

Haven't you seen "The Sadist?" That's Arch doing some real acting!
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm

wasn't he nominated for an academy award for that???
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 10:50 pm

can't find any info about that. imdb's blank on this movie for some gay reason.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 3:00 am

i still need to check out that creations single. they also got repros of the primitives do the ostrich an the gonn singles. an contrary to what my esteemed colleague bazooka joe stated previously if yer lookin for hasil adkins recs nothin beats out to hunch. norton number one i believe. also check out the jack starr rec. that absolutely kills. an stop by the norton northwest counter. lotsa killers there too. i still need to pick up the a-bones double lp thing if only for their vers of daddy wants a cold beer. miriam rules!! (billy too.) (so does el bruce an lars an marcus the carcass. great band.) norton rules!!!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 3:03 am

Pick up a copy of Mckinley Mitchell's "everybody rock" on BOXER. Repro 45. God damn it is mighty!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 3:25 am

stomp, from the series stomp

man that werewolf tune is crazy, i love that record. i don't have the other two - not good?
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 3:27 am

Pick up a copy of Mckinley Mitchell's "everybody rock" on BOXER. Repro 45. God damn it is mighty!

Oh hell yeah, the orig is "impossiby rare" and apparently the sound on the repro is even better than said orig. I spin it at almost every party when the time is just right and it fucking slays every time.

Peanut Butter R'n'R is better, chump.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 3:29 am

mogen david and the grapes of wrath single

fuck yeah, I wonder if d diggler has this. i do'nt even have it, sixteen does. Truly unique and demented garage. Bril total.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 3:39 am

no i don't have it, homo. i am intriqued. i'll put it on my list. i bet you never even heard out to hunch. that's like when you said the cheater slicks were better than the action swingers. don't make me laugh...
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 3:56 am

i bet you never even heard out to hunch.

you think you're so fuckn' smart.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:25 am

lps on that lable tend to be warped, cheep wax I guess, singles play fine though
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:27 am

not like crypt. my copy of bftg vol. 6 could double as a potato chip bowl.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 5:10 am

out to hunch, andre w "monkey speaks his mind," nat mayer "ain't gonna let no bald headed woman..." all jerry mccain 7"s, carl perkins "her love rubbed off," jack starr, blowing through yokohama, figures of light & alarm clocks (who can wait a week? marie rules!) and first alarm clocks 7", sonics & wailers lps, real kids lps, creations, mad daddy, hannibal, keggs 7", link wray 45s, screaming jay hawkins lp, phantom love me 45, and u-turns. all killer.

i'm forgetting something.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 6:47 am

i like the long john hunter album very much
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 7:58 am

Ditto all above. I listened to the Alarm Clocks album while I was working with Billy last week. We must have played it at least ten times. It's amazing. It's truly great rock and roll, the kind that is all too rare. I can't wait to get my own copy. You should buy a bunch and give 'm out as xmas gifts. I won't get into how great it is, it'll be clear once you hear it. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR GODAMMNED HEAD EXAMINED!!!!!!

Aside from what's been said b4: Raging teen series rules! King U! Link Wray! New York Dolls! Real Kids! Charlie Feathers!

so much more...

Norton RULES!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 2:58 pm

yes marie does rule mr. o. an yes i'm gettin the single too but i didn't wanna bother the nortons w/ a $4 order. been listenin to the fmu show constantly at max volume to prepare for the album. as mike pierce said to me yesterday i know you're gonna love the album!!! does he rule or what??? an bill schwark has gotta be the greatest drummer that ever lived along w/. miriam of course (an paul murphy from th lyres/dmz an that kid in the u turns). simply put the alarm clocks are the greatetst rock an roll band on the planet. my house has basically become a shrine to the clocks. autographed beachland ballroom show poster on the wall, signed yeah/no reason single, set list mike gave me from southpaw...the alarm clocks rule!!!

oh an as far as other stuff from norton goes i know this is overstatin the obvious but the sonics boom is one of the greatest albums of all times that i play at least once a day every day. an can't wait fore the dictators rarities thing w/ fireman's friend (finally!!!) an sixteene forever. the dics rule. norton rules!!!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 3:33 pm

oh yeah, artesians 'trick bag' and the mad mike & the maniacs 45...
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 3:41 pm

Ahhhh... Jimmy Wages "Take From From This Garden of Evil" single. Not obviously fucked on first listen, but truly mental twisted rockabilly. Plus Herbie Duncan's ace drunkard 7" is a scream! Sounds like if you were to flip on the Flinstones and they were at a gig. Ya know, goofy like the Bedrock Twitch.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 3:46 pm

"Take From From This Garden of Evil"

Take ME From..."
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:03 pm

norton needs to get the lp rights to the lyres an dmz stuff. it's monoman's spiritual home. monoman rules!!!

(by the way billy told me last night that there's a clear pic of the all star jam from union pool w/ me an monoman an rick coracio (i don't think i've ever spelled his last name right) an the a-bones jammin on no reason to complain by the alarm clocks on the a-bones myspace photos page now as first seen on the goner board. monoman rules!!! the alarm clocks rule!!! norton rules!!! woohoo!!!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:04 pm

it ain't there.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:05 pm

a
s
s
f
u
c
k
b
i
l
l
y
m
i
l
l
e
r
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:08 pm

hey that ain't cool. billy fuckin rules. there ain't anybody in the modern era that's done more for great rock an roll. the dude put his money where his mouth is an works 24/7 to bring the good stuff to your turntable. you know me, if there was somethin bad to say about him i would but i seriously love the guy an stand in awe of his commitment to real rock an roll. even if he doesn't like my stuff. who could blame him???
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:20 pm

Why do you say that Jay? Can't wait to hear this.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:35 pm

Gibson brothers said it not me I dont know the guy... But on one of the Bros records it says that long wise down the side of the record......
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:37 pm

Yeah, I got it. Just wondering if you shared the opinion.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:38 pm

listen iwas around for that fued. in fact i rmember jon spencer tryin to marshall members of the unsane an surgery to go an kick billy's ass outside of cbgb's one night. what a laugh. billy an bruce an lars woulda put those fags in the hospital.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:40 pm

Retirement home brawl !!!! I think the guy has a cool label with good tatse...

But I dont butt fuck peopel thast are over 50
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 5:13 pm

Live at the Hideout!!!

Green fuz!

FIGURES OF LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 5:19 pm

that's like when you said the cheater slicks were better than the action swingers. don't make me laugh...

Them's would be fighting words if we didn't know you were just kidding.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 5:21 pm

He's not. He's lost his mind for good this time.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 5:57 pm

okay take the swingers outta the equation. i still didn't like the cheater slicks shit i heard. sounded weak an distant. but i realise comin on here an comparin the swingers to the slicks is like a mets fan goin to yankee stadium an expectin them to love the mets. whatever. i'm sure leftnut's music is real great...
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 6:00 pm

The only music I make is the sweet music of love. And yeah. It's great.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 7:20 pm

From the backside of 'Punk Rock Truck Drivin' Song Of A Gun' (Homestead LP 1990)

A TRUCKER'S ODE

As the gears whine..
Shifting into the blinding
Sunset, the crimson blur of taillights,
Freeways link our cities and towns,
Under God's majestic skies...
Climbing up Mount Rushmore, past
Kansas City, Graceland, the Council Bluffs,
Blare the fury of a hundred Big Muffs!
I am the American trucker.
Like a nomad, I must roam...
Lubrication eases the Peterbilt's woe,
Yonder lies the truck stop, let's go!
Mercy sakes there's a bear in the air,
I am the American trucker.
Log book violation cost me some time;
Looking for a cutie down the line.
Eighteen wheels know no bounds...
Running my rig to another town.

I always wondered why just like on the Bassholes' "Haunted Hill!" album that says in the liner notes "A grandiose Fuck You to anyone who's ever eaten duck at a non-Chinese restaurant"

huh????
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 7:22 pm

Maybe the Chinese assfuck the ducks too? Clue?
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 7:25 pm

Damn, I knew I shoulda had duck for lunch. Hmmm... it's not too late!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 7:33 pm

Someone stole my GB "Truck Drivin'" album years ago. That was good shit. That Artesians record is great! Just did a Norton order to pick up Figures of Light & U-Turns and some other stuff that better be fuggin' good. The endless documentation of 50s/60s makes me numb, so I don't need everything Norton puts out & I can't ever finish an issue of Ugly Things. But Norton's put out a ridiculous amount of quality shit for many years without burning out (Crypt) or becoming one-dimensional or turning into dogshit.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 7:39 pm

Todd, I have a prettty good feeling you won't like the U-turns. We'll see.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 7:55 pm

Really? I dunno. People like you & Dirk who hate most stuff are usually right when you rave (Hipshakes, Grabbies, etc.).
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 7:58 pm

As long as you remember I said it was the most inept record ever and you enjoy listening to the unlistenable. Billy sez it makes green fuzz sound like Green Day but it's more like, makes sthe Keggs sound like the Bee Gees.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 8:26 pm

the u turns rule!!! (figures of light too.) would me an bazooka joe ever steer you wrong??? (looks like todd's on board for the zine too. yay!!!)
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 8:53 pm

I was blasting Green Fuzz between bowl hits for some folks last night! I love the Keggs. I'm OK with the Shaggs. We'll see. Figures of Light seems like a can't miss. I'm gonna interview Chris Burke for yer rag!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 8:58 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

you rave (Hipshakes,

it was your rave that got me to buy that Hipshakes 7", todd. and yeah, it totally fucking rules. played side A like 500 times already....those guys are only like 19? that right?

(just wanted to say so)
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:00 pm

....those guys are only like 19? that right?

They look younger than that. (no offense, brit fellas).
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:00 pm

Figures of Light seems like a can't miss.

Dude, for reals. I don't even have it yet, cuz I'm a square and a fag.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:02 pm

Something like that. I know they recorded a lot of that stuff before they were "of age." I don't even own any of their records beyond the first one (though another's on its way from Goner). Heard the others at banned's house yesterday, and it's the same shit from the CDR I have, I'm pretty sure. All of it rules! Is yer T-Rex thing tonight or tomorrow? I might not be able to make tomorrow's show.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:06 pm

todd (and ronnie & spark), you might be interested in this.....went into ExCo the other day and asked if they got that Arthur Lee demos 7" and he said that ExCo hasn't paid Revolver in quite some time and can't order through them until they do. i think that means i'll have to get that JackO album elsewhere, as well.

the clock is ticking on that place.....
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:06 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

it's tomorrow night! you gotta go!

(you have a CD-R of an upcoming album of theirs?)
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:18 pm

FIGURES OF LIGHT record is the best thing you'll hear all year.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:25 pm

JERRY McCain!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:34 pm

fuck the drama, Billy saved rock-n-roll!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:43 pm

Jack Starr "Chicken" b/w "UFO" 45.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:46 pm

FIGURES OF LIGHT record is the best thing you'll hear all year.

Just saw that one down at the record shop at lunchtime. I'll have to pick it up.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:51 pm

whats that rockin' song that goes something like: "i'm her paw, you ain't nothin but a son-in-law" - i think its a bazooka joe dj staple
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:56 pm

that's "Trick Bag." THE BEST!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:58 pm

Trick Bag? I play the version by Leroy and the Gallahads from Panorama Records (northwest label owned by Jerden). Xtine plays the Artesians version from the Norton reish. Both rule. I haven't played it in a long time.

"Trick Bag."

Royal Pendletons did a great version of that.

There you go.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 10:09 pm

crucial dudes!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 10:22 pm

the jack starr BORN PETRIFIED LP is fuckin great.

BUNKER HILL hide and go seek 1+2 is out on norton too, or will be very soon.

most of those reissue sixties 45s are worth grabbing. its cool to have the aztex, keggs, cobras, beachnuts, primitives, etc... on a 45 for cheap
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 10:25 pm

most of those reissue sixties 45s are worth grabbing. its cool to have the aztex, keggs, cobras, beachnuts, primitives, etc...

MURPHY AND THE MOB!!!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 10:34 pm

Friday at the Hideout is a solid release. The Pleasure Seekers RULE!!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 10:38 pm

I played the Pleasure Seekers 45 right after Green Fuzz yesterday! Pot rules! Probably gonna miss your T-Rex set tomorrow, Steph, but I'll see all y'all tonight.
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 10:38 pm

UNDERDOGS!

SEEGER GOES APESHIT WITH MASOCHISM!!!
Posted: Oct 27, 2006 10:55 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

didn't mean to put the pressure on, todd! see you tonight!

that pleasure seekers 45 does f'n rule....i always thought The Tears should have covered that song.....what a way to die, i mean.
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 12:15 am

Anyone mention the Church Keys album? That's an instant party!
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 2:10 am

this is the greatest thread ever. what could be better than puttin together a norton order??? knowin that yer gettin yer recs conceived an hand picked by billy an miriam. it just makes ya feel good. rock an roll rules!!! hey new yorkers, go out tonight an see the underthings. i bet it's gonna rule. an then go over to my favorite bar, motor city an listen to bazooka joe an xteene an dj matt pemdelton spin some crucial rock an roll platters. i know it's gonna rule. an get some drinks from jodi the bartender an make sure to give her a good tip an have a good time. woohoo!!! party!!!
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 2:27 pm

Trickknee, you are correct in your assumption that the records out at the moment are already in your possesion in the form of said cdr.

Album out soon, all recorded this year: some of the same songs, some different, some covers!

I'll send you an ep on Fistful of Records when I get some more if ya like.
Are you releasing the next Pink Reason stuff? that rules
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 4:58 pm

the hipshakes friggen rule!!! best new band in the world. easily. they should put their next album out on norton. party w/ the hipshakes!!! woohoo!!!
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 5:16 pm

the hipshakes friggen rule!!! best new band in the world. easily. they should put their next album out on norton. party w/ the hipshakes!!! woohoo!!!

IT"S TRUE! can't wait for the full length.
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 9:50 pm

just listened to the figures of light again on dave the spazz's show. killer. if you ever wanna hear the new norton stuff before it comes out just tune in to or download his show. he's got the alarm clocks live in the studio too. woohoo!!!

ps what a great year for recs!!! live sonics on the way too. party!!!
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 10:12 pm

Yeah and Cheater Slicks "Walk Into the Sea" on Morbid Web records! I know you don't dig us Dirk, but it's recorded and has to come out somehow I guess. Vinyl only. There will be no CD. Sorry for the shameless self promotion but I'm trying hard to feel good about something today.
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 10:17 pm

that's cool. nobody likes my musuck either. it doesn't have wendy c. on it does it???
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 10:28 pm

In spirit only...
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 10:35 pm

Dirk hasn't heard "Don't Like You" yet. He's afraid you might have out-Ned-ed him on "Destroy You."
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 10:38 pm

when i'm feelin down i get stoned, drink some beers an throw on some mono man or the sonics boom or bftg vol. 6 or the alarm clocks or dictators or somethin an all of a sudden i forget about what was botherin me. until i wake up the next day an some other bullshit comes along to bring me down an then i start the process all over again. rock an roll rules!!!
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 10:48 pm

My remedy lately is Vodka and tonics... and weed... and rock n roll..seems to work OK for the time being.
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 10:52 pm

what else is there??? an ya can't out-ned me, bj. i'm ned.if all bands sounded the same it would be lame. like brad x. it might not excatly be my thing but i respect that th slicks been doin it a long time. they should just lose wendy c.
Posted: Oct 28, 2006 10:58 pm

Hey Ned there was supposed to be a CS -Action Swingers show at the middle east downstairs in Cambridge back in the early 90's. You guys never showed up. I think it was cancelled. I can't remember playing. Just FYI.
Posted: Oct 29, 2006 12:08 am

it might not excatly be my thing

but it is. you just don't know yet. Shenanigan, what do I have to do to convince this dude? Oh wait, Cheater Slicks and The Real Rong Numbers! When's the gig and where?
Posted: Oct 29, 2006 12:16 am

We gotta heal David's shoulder first. He should be ready to go pretty soon. We haven't played in months, even practiced. It's our 20th anniversary in Feb. 07.
Posted: Oct 29, 2006 12:21 am

Damn, what happened to him? Did Wendy deliver yet?
Posted: Oct 29, 2006 12:25 am

Wendy is due in mid November I think. David had rotator cuff surgery from an injury at his job. It takes a long time to heal.
Posted: Oct 29, 2006 12:36 am

We gotta heal David's shoulder first. He should be ready to go pretty soon. We haven't played in months, even practiced. It's our 20th anniversary in Feb. 07

since black out?
Posted: Oct 29, 2006 12:36 am

damn!

chop chop!
Posted: Oct 29, 2006 12:40 am

We played once since Black Out.
Posted: Oct 29, 2006 1:27 pm

Hey Daniel - I got the Goner rec coming, and that's it. I'm doing a Pink Reason ep w/ Kevin pretty soon, w/ "Devil Always Wins," "Down on Me" & "By a Thread." Dirk will hate it!

that pleasure seekers 45 does f'n rule....i always thought The Tears should have covered that song.....what a way to die, i mean.

When that reissue came out, Courtney was workin' at the ExCo. She told me I "had to" buy that record. I'd heard the Mummies cover, but didn't really know much about it. I brought it home and was blown away, and later realized where she'd copped her vocal style. She was a "Teen Spirit" cheerleader last night, I think. I was fucking beat last night & took off after the basement show (Dead Hookers ruled!). Hope the Rex set went well! Kinda pissed I missed Pastlame's deal, too, but I was dead on my feet.

The Norton package must be en route. I still can't wait to hear the FOL shit!
Posted: Oct 29, 2006 3:00 pm

the figs of light won't disappoint. it's gold. this is probably the best period for me in rock an roll since the old lyres/bftg/cavestopm days. i mean this is the kinda stuff i wanna hear. the figs, the alarm clocks, the hipshakes, the dictators, the sonics, the u-turns. keep it comin!!! (i could also use a great new mono man rec if anybody's listenin. an how's about a new bftg or somethin from crypt???) woohoo!!! party!!!
Posted: Oct 29, 2006 4:00 pm

Ned Hayden, did I tell you that I got the 1st press of BFTG 1 with the glow in the dark cover and there's a hidden/ unlisted Lyres doin' The Witch on it? Nice.
Posted: Oct 29, 2006 6:04 pm

yeah, about ten times. crypt an monoman rule!!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®