Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The Dicks
Posted: Oct 23, 2006 8:31 pm

I'm addicted to listening to them...does that make me gay?
Posted: Oct 23, 2006 8:33 pm

spend saturday night at the bookstore and get back to us.
Posted: Oct 23, 2006 9:04 pm

Huh? The Dicks are awesome!
"Race and Nation"
"Hail the New Dawn"
...oh ...wait ...different band.
Posted: Oct 23, 2006 9:52 pm

I heard Mark Foley likes little boy's feet...
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 2:34 am

ONE OF THE ELITE BANDS OF ALL TIME!
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 2:42 am

aw dont say that, they're new wave
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 3:06 am

I shit on this band! And they can shit on me, yeah...shit on me.

Classic punk.
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 3:14 am

new 10" and 7"s are GREAT!
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 4:46 am

What kind of noise do they make?
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 4:52 am | Edited by: Mullett

I love The Dicks! Fuck no, listening to them doesn't make you gay! Hell, if it weren't for homosexuals, I wouldn't own 1/2 of the records I have!

Dicks, Wipers, Chrome, Crime, Husker Du, Buzzcocks, Germs,... The list goes on & on! When I was a kid... Judas Priest & Kiss

Besides just listen to what you like. Who gives a crap who's gay or not. If it rocks and/or delivers the goods, shouldn't it just be great without caveats?

If you are male & eager to blow a room full of guys.... Now THAT makes you gay.
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 7:40 am

Glen Taylor RIP

"...you can kill us and we'll be back in a couple of days."

Night Fever Night Fever
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 8:02 am

Dicks "hate the police" used ta get played on my stereo about 66 times a day when I was 15. Dad loved that.
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 2:31 pm | Edited by: grosso

struttin- just being yourself makes you gay. by the way, where have you been, you going to the tan lines show on weds.
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 3:26 pm

The current version of the band kicks ass. Glenn is irreplacable, but Mark and or Mcgoo do him justice. Gary Floyd can still fucking sing that shit.
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 4:09 pm

Gotta chime on props for Glen Taylor- brilliant guitarist and a great guy.
Mark and Davy Jones are doing a great job covering Glen\'s parts (so to speak on the guitar). Last tour was just Davy Jones.
Davy told me that the Diamond Smugglers will be on an episode of Veronica Mars! Brother Neil- twisted!!
Some of the best punk rock-ever!
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 4:20 pm

Oops forgot Davy's been playing too. Mcgoo was playing but he has tendonitis real bad.
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 7:21 pm

The Dicks fucking rule, even though they were kinda dull when they played LA last year...
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 11:44 pm

touche Grosso....I don't remember posting that at all. Drinking and computering it up. I'll see ya tomorrow at the show.
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 11:49 pm

davy jones? HICKOIDS?

holy cow.
Posted: Oct 25, 2006 1:11 am

Goner has a 10 inch Dicks!!!! It's live !!!!! Little boy's FEET, It's from the heart........ OH yeah!!!!
Posted: Oct 25, 2006 3:05 am | Edited by: red eyed willie

Dicks "hate the police" used ta get played on my stereo about 66 times a day

One time when I was in High School a friend of mine bought a Volkswagon van one day. The first thing we did was put a few stickers on it then take it for a spin. The last sticker applied was a "Hate the Police" sticker in the back window. We left his apartment.
Not one mile down the road, a highway patrolman pulled us over 'cause a turn signal didn't work. I'll never forget this.
He's walkin' up; stops when he notices the "Hate the Police" sticker; looks at it curiously for a moment, then deliberately shakes his head as we collectively hold our breath and know we're about to get the most he can dish out in punishment.
Posted: Oct 25, 2006 6:28 pm

The Dick's 10 songs from the split with the Big Boys Live at Raul's LP can be found here. About as might as you can get.

http://somethingilearned.com/Dicks_live_at_rauls/
Posted: Oct 25, 2006 7:25 pm

"Shootin' Pains, the Dicks minus Gary Floyd"
(so says the Chronicle -- just in case anyone wants to know what they're up to these days)

www.myspace.com/shootinpainsaustin
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®