Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / MONKIN" IN MINNESOTA!
Posted: Oct 18, 2006 5:00 pm

Hey! check out my Monk pix!

Yup, sure did get me a wild hair up my ass! Last weekend I ventured deep into northern Minnesota last weekend to see the MONKS in Bemidji. To most folks, Bemidji is the first city that the Mississippi River wraps itself around as well as home of the very first giant fiberglass Paul Bunyun and Babe the Blue Ox... but it's also home to front Monk Gary Burger as well the locale of drummer Roger Johnston's resting place. After four days rehearsal for this weekend's European dates, the Monks put on a show for the locals.

and it was mind blowing! small bar, sold out at about 250, a very earthy crowd as well as curious locals wanting to check out how their neighbor and mayor Gary Burger. This was a huge contrast to when I saw them at Cavestomp surrounded by New York hipsters. Snarly as ever, anyone near London, Zurich, or Berlin with a hankering to see them really does owe it to themselves to grab a ticket!
Posted: Oct 18, 2006 5:08 pm

WOW. Looks like fun, alright! Thanks for the pics.
Posted: Oct 18, 2006 5:10 pm

You're a Monk!
Posted: Oct 18, 2006 5:13 pm

I'm a MONK!
Posted: Oct 18, 2006 5:16 pm

We're ALL MONKS!
Posted: Oct 18, 2006 5:20 pm

IT"S MONK TIME!!!
Posted: Oct 18, 2006 9:45 pm

YEAH!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 12:19 am

My good friend used to always race his crotch rocket up at Brainerd Intl. Speedway (fuckin' moneyed honkey). He would wipe out alot and usually ended up in the hospital...
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 8:43 pm

I found video clips of last weekend's show....
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpPCr1toE0c&mode=related&search= ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpPCr1toE0c&mode=related&search= [/url]

Monks arrive at Dirty Water in 15 minutes...... let us make a MONKERY of the rest of the afternoon!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 9:04 pm

why thank you!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®