Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Six Feet Under
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:39 pm

Am I the only person just now seeing this show? They've started showing it on Bravo on Monday nights. I love it! I'm going to NetFlix it because I can't wait until every Monday to see it again.
I did IMDB it, and found that Lily Taylor joins the cast. She's one of my favorites...what's her character when she joins?

Please guys, no huge spoilers, please!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:48 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

HA!

I can't believe last night was the first time for you--you are gonna be HOOKED!!!

(Lili Taylor is a HUGE character and I am not spoiling it for you)
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:25 pm

Awesome, awesome show. Seasons 3 & 4 kind of suck, but it's worth it.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:25 pm

Worth watching I mean
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:27 pm

Yeah, things get a little crappy, but seasons 1 & 2 are nearly perfect.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:29 pm

Great show.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:33 pm

a great show until the one episode when the gay brother has the, um, traumatic incident (trying not to spoil here). i think that's 3rd season. i stoped watching soon after as it didn't look like it would recover. but heard it did get better again, up 'til the series finale.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:36 pm

Yeah, that was it for me too, Pistol. I tried but I have not even watched Season 4 yet. I have too much other TV and movie stuff goin on!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:43 pm

We took a break after that--it was a small blip on an otherwise great show. Seriously, Season 5 is awesome.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:48 pm

Wait, OK, I saw Season 4, not 5.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:06 pm

i watched the whole series in about a month. my friends new when i was watching b/c i wouldn't even pause it to answer their calls. it's crack.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:08 pm

Best show ever. I actually "dated" a guy in order to watch the show on a regular basis. And, unfortunately, I identify a little too closely with Brenda. Ruth was my favorite for the first 3 seasons and then I fell deeply in love with David.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:09 pm

Oh, yeah, season finale is super-lame
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:10 pm

They might edit some of the juicier bits on Bravo.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:15 pm

I think many women who post here might identify a little too much with Brenda.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:19 pm

BRENDA IS A STACK OF SELF-OBSESSED SHIT IN A HUMAN SUIT. HER AND HER MOM OUGHT TO BE STRIPPED, LASHED TOGETHER WITH BARBED WIRE AND THROWN INTO A NEST OF ARMY ANTS.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:20 pm

Did Brenda not sleep with you or something?
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:34 pm

WATCHED THE ENTIRE RUN, AND DESPISED HER MORE THE MORE I GOT TO KNOW HER. MET WAY TOO MANY "JUST LIKE BRENDA" PEOPLE-GRINDERS IN MY LIFE. NO PITY FOR SOMEONE WHOSE PERSPECTIVE SEEMS TO DIMINISH WITH LIFE EXPERIENCE. SHE'S GOT HER HEAD UP HER ASS FURTHER THAN NED HAYDEN. POOR MAYA. POOR RUTH. POOR NATE.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:51 pm

Okay, I'm definitely moving all of it to the top of my queue now. I can't wait for Bravo (oddly, they don't seem to show it ad infinitum in the daytime like they do the rest of their shows) and I want the unedited versions anyway.
Funny, from what little I've seen I don't like Brenda either.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:56 pm

Oh, yeah, season finale is super-lame

Not true. Best finale ever? Except for Arrested Development.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 9:00 pm

Funny, from what little I've seen I don't like Brenda either.

YOU ARE A GOOD JUDGE OF "CHARACTER."
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 9:00 pm

Personally, Brenda got much easier to take as time went on.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 9:03 pm

i liked the season finale a lot, too (except that i wanted to punch claire a lot)....and i still want to get the second soundtrack for the ending song. i really do like that song a lot. it's probably a lot different when not set against the scenes, but still.....
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 9:49 pm

a great show until the one episode when the gay brother has the, um, traumatic incident (trying not to spoil here).

This episode totally fucked me up, but I love it just because it was so outta nowhere.

I wish I was a Claire, but I am so definitely a Ruth.

Great, great show.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 9:51 pm

"AND FUCK MY LEGLESS GRANDMOTHER!"
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:13 pm

I am so definitely a Ruth.

i have this sweater that when i wear it, Andy always says "Hey Ruthie" like Nikolai.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:23 pm

one of the best tv shows i have ever seen! i just finally watched it this year and saw the whole show over a few months with on demand and later renting them. the season finale....actually the last few made me cry....i always suggest this show to everyone. i love being able to see the reruns on bravo now!! they had a marathon the other night.....i loved it when ruth walks in on nate eating out brenda in the living room....fucking classic!!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 11:54 pm

Loved the whole series, including the finale. Kathy Bates was great on that series.

I think "Big Love" seemed kind of like HBO's heir to "Six Feet Under." I really liked the first season of that, too. Anyone know if that series is coming back?
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 11:56 pm

HOPE SO... "BIG LOVE"= BIG FUN
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 12:15 am

I need to see that, but as stated, I need to watch the last season of this and the last TWO SEASONS of The Sopranos (yup).
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 12:39 am

Kathy Bates was great on that series.

She's a Memphian!
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 1:02 am

most amaznig show ever. the finale was dissapointing it but still that show was crazy addictive and good.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 1:02 am

oh! yeah, big love is totally coming back. i like it too.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 4:05 am

Now that SFU is over, anybody watching Dexter with Michael C. Hall? It is a nice complement to SFU.
I watched the free Showtime this week. Now, I'll have to pay for the damn thing just to watch Dexter.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 3:39 pm

I avoided Dexter during the free weekend because I don't want to HAVE to get Showtime. I already want to get it when the new season of L Word starts. I watched an episode of Weeds though. Seems like a cool show that I will have to watch at some point. I already watch too much tv though.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 3:41 pm

i have this sweater that when i wear it, Andy always says "Hey Ruthie" like Nikolai.

This almost made me spit out my tea.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 3:54 pm

Now that SFU is over, anybody watching Dexter with Michael C. Hall?

Ahhh... very entertaining show. He doesn't convince me he's actually straight though.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 3:54 pm

Obviously I watch waaaay too much TV. Cable is a curse. Cable with a DVR is worse. We have so much crap on there, esp. BBC America stuff. Anyone been watching the Friday night (I think) documentaries? Last week was "Coked Up Britain"!!!!!
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 7:11 pm

the subject of the show being my chosen field and all but i never saw more than 3 epispdes. so theres a homo, a sulky high school pot head, a chirppy widow that dates ed bagley jr, and a dude with a crazy girlfriend he fucked in the airport broom closet the day he met her. i make up my own story lines just from that.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 7:13 pm

"Coked Up Britain"!!!!!

Holy shit that was amazing. That one guy that sold suits... holy shit. That blonde chic telling her mom "I hate you" totally deadpan was awesome.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 7:27 pm

Ahhh... very entertaining show. He doesn't convince me he's actually straight though.

yeah.....his wife was in one of the very last episodes of SFU, too and I can't picture him being straight either.....I'd like to see that show you guys are talking about.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 7:42 pm

Wait, wife? He really is straight? Damn, he plays a good fag!
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 7:50 pm

yeah, she played in the episode where the sister helps her brother commit suicide...he was a war vet that had his legs blown off, if i remember correctly. She's the sister.

Here's the happy couple.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 7:51 pm

Oh come on... they're both gay!
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:10 pm

JUST LIKE YOU AND NED, BJ.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:12 pm

I'm the top!

You're stupid.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:20 pm

You're stupid.
AND YOU'RE A SMART BUTT-BOY FOR A TWO-FACED, NO-TALENT TWERP WHO WILL STAB YOU IN THE BACK THE SECOND IT SUITS HIM.

HAVE A NICE GAY.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:20 pm

Thanks!
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 12:22 am

What, no mention of James Cromwell and his lunatic bomb shelter?? He's the best. Brenda's a douche.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 8:18 pm

James Cromwell and his lunatic bomb shelter??

I was just thinking the same thing!
Posted: Oct 15, 2006 7:47 am

Love love love this show. I like Justin Theroux's cameos, too.
Posted: Oct 15, 2006 4:51 pm

the subject of the show being my chosen field and all

you work in a funeral home?
Posted: Oct 15, 2006 10:44 pm

What, no mention of James Cromwell and his lunatic bomb shelter?? He's the best.

I used to work with his daughter. She has his nose. The Cromwell's have a lengthy history in the Hollywood busine$$.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®