Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / other things in chicago that suck:
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 8:54 pm

traffic! My bro, sis and I were caught on 294 for THREE hours on friday afternoon. By far the worst chicago traffic jam i have ever been in....

I don't know how you guys do it.
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 8:58 pm

Chicago sucks, period. Minus a few really awesome people there. The city itself fuckin' blows though, as do most of the people I've seen at shows. Either stuck up fuckin' pretentious garage rock douchebags, or violent, pea-brained PC-fascist hardcore kids.
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 9:02 pm

whoa, whoa...hold the phone....I love Chicago! I could never live there though!

(I was just playing off lisa's couch pisser thread)
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 9:04 pm

If it wasn't for people like Daris, Lastname and Coppens I would never even visit the shithole.
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 9:05 pm

Where/how is Lastname anyways?
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 9:08 pm

(I was just playing off lisa's couch pisser thread)

well, i'm a bitch and chicago sucks so there you go...
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 9:13 pm

man....i was trying to be funny.....didn't mean for anyone to get called a douchebag......
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 9:15 pm

or pea-brained...
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 9:21 pm

I think you mean "pee-brained."
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 9:25 pm

traffic! My bro, sis and I were caught on 294 for THREE hours on friday afternoon. By far the worst chicago traffic jam i have ever been in...

yeah - i've been stuck on 294 for forever many times
chicago is brilliant but the traffic is awful
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 9:34 pm

I haven't been here very long, but so far Chicago traffic is both my favorite and least favorite part of the city.
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 10:23 pm

fuck that lame traffic, it's the pea-brained PC-fascist hardcore kids ----- my coach told me that's the worst part about Chicago! except for that whining coppens jock-dork who's always crying about the dumbest why i'm so punk bullshit. biggest attention whore i've ever heard. talk about pretentious, you just need to re-arrange that sentence after you know those people a little better
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 10:26 pm

I don't think so. I was in Chicago less than a week ago and almost got jumped a huge gang of latino punks because some fuckin' dyke thought I called her a "faggot." I never even talked to the cunt. Never even saw her before she started pushing me around and asking people "do WE know this guy?"

Fuck that city.
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 11:43 pm

stuck up fuckin' pretentious garage rock douchebags

You mean like all of us?
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 12:10 am

Minus a few really awesome people there.

thank you, thank you.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 12:11 am

chicago kevin, you are one of the cool things about chicago, yes indeed.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 12:12 am

Duh Bears
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 12:13 am

* except for the 85 Bears and their crucial hit single the Superbowl Shuffle
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 12:31 am

* if you like football
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 12:43 am

if you like music, you love the superbowl shuffle.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 1:11 am

No one's mentioned the pizza?
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 1:54 am

that's retarded. Just cause you got beat-up by a girl the entire city sucks? that's racist, you racist!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 1:55 am | Edited by: saint sarah

I was in Chicago less than a week ago and almost got jumped a huge gang of latino punks
That would have been funny and a plus for the city as far as I can tell
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 1:56 am

and if Matt Coppens is the saving grace of the entire city you need to get out and meet some more people, racist.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 2:12 am

if you like pizza, you'll love the Superbowl Shuffle.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 2:34 am

I like Chicago. I blend in really good there...
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 7:04 am

traffic! My bro, sis and I were caught on 294 for THREE hours on friday afternoon. By far the worst chicago traffic jam i have ever been in....

Ahem, you're part of the problem.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 7:11 am

Ahem, we were carpooling! We're the solution, pal!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 4:19 pm

we were also doing our part by leaving early enough to not hit rush hour...

another thing in Chicago that sucks: Touhy Avenue! heading East from Eden's Expressway.....there are so many pot holes on that damn road (Happy Birthday, Devin!)!!!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 4:24 pm

"Chicago must be destroyed" - Nightstalkers
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 4:42 pm

...there are so many pot holes on that damn road

Roads suck pretty much everywhere in Chicago. Lake Shore Drive north of Irving Park is like going off-roading.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 5:10 pm

I don't think so. I was in Chicago less than a week ago and almost got jumped a huge gang of latino punks because some fuckin' dyke thought I called her a "faggot." I never even talked to the cunt. Never even saw her before she started pushing me around and asking people "do WE know this guy?"

By reading this post I am convinced you could have NEVER called someone a 'faggot'. I DO DECLARE!! BANNED IS INNOCENT!

And chicago is awesome. Green Bay sucks, except for its thrift stores.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 5:21 pm

When I moved here for the fluid easy-going traffic years ago, I was disappointed to find that, in a city of millions, the traffic was horrible!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 5:30 pm

Many moons ago, it only took me about 45 minutes to get to Fireside from Waukegan. Those were the days.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 5:32 pm

i know! you'd think with all those people, the traffic wouldn't be so bad! but yeah, it's just the oppostite!

(seriously though, of course i expect traffic when going anywhere near Chicago, but it has never been so bad as it was on Friday.....especially being 2:30 in the afternnon)
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 5:43 pm

you can pretty much assume that driving on the expressway on a friday is going to take you double the time.

and you gotta love a city the has rush-hour on the weekends too.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 6:27 pm

you can pretty much assume that driving on the expressway on a friday is going to take you double the time.

That's true any time of day on Fridays.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 6:53 pm

Chicago is great--just not to live in. Well, I couldn't take the weather and the crime in the neighborhood I was living at the time (though I understand my old block is younghausfrau and stroller-central these days). But I loved it overall. Great people!!!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 6:54 pm

Is Trader Vics still there?
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 6:55 pm

i love chicago!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 6:59 pm

there are lots of things that 'suck' but there are so many things that outweigh the bad with the good. traffic: that's life in the big city, ride a bike. crime: that's life in the big city, get a gun. getting beat up by girls: that's life in the big city, start hanging out in boys town. lastname: that's life in the big city, start hanging out in boys town.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 7:18 pm

By reading this post I am convinced you could have NEVER called someone a 'faggot'.

It's not that I've never called anyone "faggot" before, it's that I didn't call this chick a "faggot." I have never called a girl a "faggot" that's for damn sure. Anyway, I can use the word "faggot" if I want to because I've sucked cock plenty of times before. I've actually pretty much had boyfriends. It's like black guys using the word "nigga," ya know? Like I said, I didn't call this cunt a fuckin' "faggot" though.

Green Bay sucks, sure. Duh. Chicago does though too.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 7:18 pm

The two instances of crime that occured to me in CHI seriously changed me; I have not been as carefree since. I guess I could go to years of therapy, take Jujitsu and/or pack heat and maybe I'd not have panic attacks here and there, but yeah. It sucked cos I really liked a lot of things about living there. But the weather was worse than the crime, really. I am a total wuss about that kind of winter.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 8:51 pm

Isn't Dennis Hastert (Speaker of the House) from Chicago? He's even more creepy than Newt. Newt's "Contract with America" became "Contact with America". Thank you for fucking young boys. Dennis, you're doin' a heck of job.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 9:03 pm

I lived in Chicago 2 years & could never adjust to the horrible weather. It's just not reasonable to expect a human to live in conditions like that. And it's also the only city I've ever been to on this planet where I was victim of crime. Multiple times.
Actually- it's my belief that the whole state of IL is fucked. More nuclear power plants in IL than there are in the entire country west of IL. When I left that state I hated it so much I swore I'd never go back for the rest of my life. 13 years and I still haven't.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 9:06 pm

Yes,Dennis Hastert. But a better pol originally from there would be Seattle's very own "Bagdad Jim" McDermott! And don't forget yo mama Obama.

Portland's home,but Chicago's my favorite of the Big Three City States. My utmost favorite city is still NOLA,so it's still the Second City to me.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 9:07 pm

I can call people cunts because I have fondled and been nice to cunts before

also one time my mom took my temperature rectally so I'm pretty sure I can call people AIDS RIDDEN JIZZ MOPS
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 9:20 pm

Is Trader Vics still there?

It was last I knew. Great place!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 9:20 pm

I actually find that the weather is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. the nice days are fucking PERFECT and there are actually many of them. Maybe it's because I'm from Ohio...the winters are pretty much the same as far as I'm concerded... spring and fall just don't last as long.

I've lived in Chicago 5 years and still can't imagine living anywhere else.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 9:21 pm

the horrible weather. It's just not reasonable to expect a human to live in conditions like that. And it's also the only city I've ever been to on this planet where I was victim of crime. Multiple times.

sorry you were a victim of crime multiple times. something like that can really color your view of a city.

as for the horrible weather... i LOVE the severity of chicago's weather.... but that's me.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 9:36 pm

I lived in Chicago for a few months but the winter hit and it drove me out. It was also at the height of the Drag City/Thrill Jockey indie-rock thing and it seemed to me that the city was over-run with douchebags. I probably didn't stick it out long enough to find the right people.

I did get dragged into a crackhouse up the street from where I lived in Logan Square, forced to strip and robbed. But me and my buddy had a good laugh about it once we were home safe and back to our Wild Irish Rose. Why would they think we were carrying our money up our butts anyway? Hehe.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 9:37 pm

Hastert isn't from the city. His son Josh was a tattooed punk rocker who owned a record store in DeKalb (Seven Dead Arson); now he's a lobbyist.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 9:56 pm

Maybe it's because I'm from Ohio

Yes, yes it is.

I found that Chicago was like the Mecca for all Midwesterners. And if you are truly Midwestern, you are already used to that biting ass cold, massive amounts of snow, spring that may be spring one day but a blizzard the next, etc etc etc weather. I loved the summer though and there are days in the middle of the worst of winter that are gorgeous. But sheeeeit. COLD!!!!!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 10:16 pm

The worst thing about Chicago are the people in their young-mid twenties that all look EXACTLY the same, like they read Vice and took fashion tips. For some reason it just pisses me off.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 10:50 pm

It's like black guys using the word "nigga," ya know?

That's racist!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 10:58 pm

I hate how everyone from Omaha, Nebraska smells like popcorn and has red hair!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 11:01 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

bandit, let's not get off topic here.....

and what's up with the Sears Tower anyway?

i'm gonna delete what i just posted.....never know in this crazy of ours today...
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 11:08 pm

That big dumb thing isn't even owned by Sears anyway!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 11:09 pm

yeah, i know! pfft!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 11:11 pm

I saw it, and so did Daley. His face is purple with anger.––It's anger, not booze blush and broken blood vessels.
Posted: Oct 11, 2006 8:45 pm

Hastert isn't from the city. His son Josh was a tattooed punk rocker who owned a record store in DeKalb (Seven Dead Arson);
Good, Chi-Town is too good for him. I wonder how many times Dennis wrastled with his tattooed son when he was younger. Fuckin' creep.And if you are truly Midwestern, you are already used to that biting ass cold I always loved showing up for school with frozen snot on my upper lip and hands so cold I couldn't write for the 1st 10 minutes of class.
If you can't stand the heat, get out the kitchen.
Posted: Oct 11, 2006 8:51 pm

I always loved showing up for school with frozen snot on my upper lip and hands so cold I couldn't write for the 1st 10 minutes of class.

"Loving" and "being used to" are two very different things. I am "used to" stifling humidity where I drip sweat 3.5 seconds after exiting the house in the summers and can't get a good lungfull of air until I get back inside, but "love it"? Nah.
Posted: Oct 11, 2006 8:59 pm

You know what really sucks in Chicago? Getting a viral version of strep throat, won't respond to antibiotics, having a fever just shy of 104 for 3 days (those fever driven nightmares were more intense than most of my trips), feeling like every swallow you took was scraping the skin off a nodule the size of a grape that was growing on your tonsil and looked like cauliflour from all the puss sacks(disgusting imagery, but accurate), and having to drive all the way to fucking naperville on a Saturday cause that's the only place you could find an appointment with a doctor cause of the crappy insurance coverage your company has; for you non chicagoans, that's a 2 hour drive with Sat traffic each way, all while I was peaking with my fever, and every time I passed under shade in the car I went into violent chill convulsions, and every time the car pulled into the sun, I sweated like I was sitting on the sun (and no, I wasn't driving, I couldn't). That's what fucking sucks in Chicago. Shit, I hadn't been that sick in years!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 1:39 am

$18.00 for a pack of cigarettes...
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:10 am | Edited by: Ronnie Farnsworth

I love when people not from Green Bay and maybe only having visited a few times (if that many) try to tell people from Green Bay that "Green Bay sucks." Is that supposed to be an insult or something? "Green Bay sucks." "No shit" doesn't even come close. There is no response to someone who thinks they really know how much it sucks. Did you read our newspaper or something? Watch our local news, maybe visit the 9/11 Memorial (the FIRST of its kind in the whole U.S. of A.)? Should I even mention the Packers? I mean, really, what was it that tipped you off? Try living here for about 28 years and then explain to me how much this place sucks, if I haven't jumped off the fucking Leo Frigo Memorial Bridge yet.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:36 am

I think it's that whole "the grass is greener on the other side" effect, ya know? I really don't give a fuck if somebody bashes my municipality because it does have its drawbacks. I happen to be getting laid on a steady basis,(my girlfriend is from Philly) but if I weren't, I would be telling every man, woman and child in the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area to kiss my fucking ass...

However, if I lived in Chi-Town I feel that I would be more successful because I resemble my Slavonic Ma more than I look like my Franco Dad. Goddammit! I wish I lived in Chicago!!!!!!!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:08 am | Edited by: Ronnie Farnsworth

Heh heh, I just re-read my post...a bit venomous perhaps, but whatever. I don't care, really, it just seems to happen a lot (people from out of town trying to tell me it sucks here, I mean -- Argh, whoever you are, it wasn't a personal attack honestly). It sucks pretty much everywhere except Algoma, I think. And parts of Canada.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 3:14 pm

It sucks that it's snowing right now.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:17 pm

I don't know JJ, I always think the first snowfall of the winter is charming. But yeah, it's all down hill from here.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:23 pm | Edited by: JJ Champion

I'd be more charmed if it wasn't 2½ weeks before Halloween.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:26 pm

I'd be more charmed if it wasn't 2½ weeks before Halloween.

yeah....November 12th would be a whole lot better. It hasn't started to snow here, but it's supposed to soon.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:30 pm

??????
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:58 pm | Edited by: Jay

the snow will pass. it's just like rain, only slower. it's going to be in the upper 50's the rest of the week.

but Chicago does rule. i love buying cigarettes for $8.00, getting shot at by paintball guns (or even a real gun now and then), having my bike stolen 10 times, and watching arman ride arond town in his biker shorts and little faggy bike cap.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:01 pm | Edited by: canderson

having my bike stolen 10 times

get a lock dummy

watching arman ride arond town in his biker shorts and little faggy bike cap
ha ha ha ha

my bottom's wet
i should have worn biker shorts
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:09 pm

Local Text Forecast for
New Orleans, LA (70119)

Oct 12 Today
A mix of clouds and sun. Warm. High 87F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
Oct 12 Tonight
Partly cloudy this evening. Showers and a possible thunderstorm developing after midnight. Low 64F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Oct 13 Tomorrow
Showers during the morning, followed by partly cloudy skies in the afternoon. High 73F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Oct 13 Tomorrow night
Partly cloudy skies. Low around 60F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Oct 14 Saturday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 70s.
Oct 15 Sunday
Isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 70s.
Oct 16 Monday
Scattered thunderstorms possible. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 70s.
Oct 17 Tuesday
Cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the low 70s.
Oct 18 Wednesday
Isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 60s.
Oct 19 Thursday
Isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s.
Oct 20 Friday
A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.
Oct 21 Saturday
A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s.

suckers.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:46 pm

Chris, you aren't honestly going to try to brag about the weather there after Katrina, are you?

Ronnie, I've been all over wisconsin, even lived there for like a week once, hell, I've even been to Algoma a time or two, I was just responding to someone from Green Bay accusing Chicago of sucking.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:58 pm

This just in: EVERYWHERE SUCKS.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:00 pm

I love the shitty weather. It's not really that bad now that we're not living in grass huts, wearing lion clothes, and have coats, thermostats and the free will to go inside. When the weather is good, it's great! We got the lake, tons of parks, the river ain't that bad on the north end, and fishing is as good as anywhere. I think snaggin' season just started. Who wants some old stanky salmon to smoke? Me!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:04 pm

Chris, you aren't honestly going to try to brag about the weather there after Katrina, are you?

uh, yes. what else can I brag about? there isn't much.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:48 pm

Move to Floridar then...
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:53 pm

This just in: the snow has melted and it's gonna get up to the 60s by the weekend. EXTREME!!!!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:13 pm

HEY! - here's something that doesn't suck in Chicago-

CoCoComa
The Yolks

THIS Saturday Oct 14th - 10PM
@ Ronny's
2101 N California
(2 blks south of the California Blue line stop - at California/Point,
I think(?))
it'll be cheap...($5??) plus cheap beers
Just 2 bands, with DJs spinning in between the live action...
we'll have our new 7" on GONER Records for sale as well as the usual wares....
good times!
great oldies!
kapow!!!!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:25 pm

oh brother.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:25 pm

HA!!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:29 pm

well, one thing in Chicago that does truly suck is that turd Daley.

He's now saying that he plans to have police camera on every block by 2016.

Daley needs to be drawn and quatered, maybe even tarred and feathered. That turd is ruining Chicago.

What Chicago really needs is police cameras in every politicians office. That would fix Chicago better.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:42 pm

have police camera on every block by 2016.

What Chicago really needs is police cameras in every politicians office.

Pshaw. Move your illegal activities where there are no cameras. Problem solved...
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:07 pm

That's a great post, Mike. You know that one of Brad and Amber's friends jumped off the Tower Drive bridge? He was talking to his mom while he did it. That's pretty intense.

Anyway, yeah, duh, like I said, I know Green Bay sucks. But just because x = suck doesn't mean that z does not = suck. Chicago fuckin' sucks!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:14 pm

you should try chicago again. let us know when you're coming, and we'll lock up all the girls so they don't beat you up!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:17 pm

It wasn't the dyke I was worried about, it was the large group of latino punks that were backing her up that bothered me. I ain't afraid to beat a bitch.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:45 pm

that's nice, banned.

speaking of dykes. i saw a betty show at the house of blues. and while i had a great time, both betty and the house of blues sucked. but! Miss Pam Grier was there and that didn't suck.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm

I ain't afraid to beat a bitch.

WOWZA.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 9:21 pm

Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:12 pm

that's crazy Ronnie
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:15 pm

Who you callin' bith, honey?
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:16 pm

That's gay!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:17 pm

You're in the closet blackie
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:18 pm

That's racist!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:22 pm

Fuck you,nigger lover!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:24 pm

In your sweet nigger loving asshole!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:24 pm

That's GAY!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 11:02 pm

Two things about Green Bay that don't suck(and for the record i've never been there):

1. The Packers are the only fan-owned team in the NFL,and they have the good taste to have:

2. Brett Favre of Kiln,MS.,a gent whom has been sold w*** to by some of my Coast friends when he's back in town(no names),as one of their top players.

Cameras on every block would definitely make Chicago less ruling,but have you been to Portland lately? Big Brother Is Watching Who? It's just there for our safety,because we can't trust ourselves - - NOT! (now that's retro!)
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 11:28 pm

The Packers are the only fan-owned team

I had a friend up visiting from Texas back in early September. Great guy, but doesn't follow sports AT ALL. Well, that weekend the Bears were playing the Packers. We drove by a bar advertising with the a banner you could watch The Bears and the Packers there. My friend asked all of us in the car, dead serious, if that was a gay bar we just passed.

I can never think of The Bears playing the Packers the same again.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 12:04 am

HA! - the ironic thing is, it probably was a gay bar.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 8:39 pm

"I'm a Packer! I'm a Ram! I'm a Cowboy- - GODDAMN!"

"Tight End Wide Reciever" by The Punk Group
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®