Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Ahhhhhh...."Holy" Matrimony.......and DJ's and bands
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 7:45 pm

Does anyone on the board know of a good DJ or wedding band in the Chicago land area? When we mean dj, that includes someone who will do announcements and shit like that, and who ideally has his own equipment, soundsystem, etc. We are looking for someone who will play stuff we love, but also stuff that the parents, older folks would be into...you know, not cheesy bullshit, but good rock n roll, soul, r& B.

ALSO, we would even be interested possibly in (*gasp!*) a wedding band....we just attended a wedding this weekend and they had a band that was really great---all old stuff, great rock n roll, soul, r&B and really got everyone dancing. We pretty much were very anti this idea, but at this other wedding, it really was fun. Again, there is some concern for the older folks.....

Overall, We are trying to avoid ipoding the wedding and working off of cds. So, if anyone has any ideas, please do let us know!

Thanks!
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 7:54 pm

congrats! is your fiance done kissing guys yet?
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 8:26 pm

Hey! I'm pretty sure these guys are based out of Houston, but maybe worth sending 'em an email for a price check anyway. They always get rave reviews when play Maxwell's.

http://www.allenoldiesband.com/
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 8:45 pm

Last summer Reigning Sound played Ted from Hue Blanc's Joyless Ones wedding, and Richard Adventure's wedding featured A-Frames, Mystery Girls and the Catholic Boys. Lucky for me, I took acid at both of them. I'm best man in a wedding on Saturday, Holy Shit! was originally slated to play, but I don't think that's happening anymore. Hopefully their will be lots of goth and synthpop to dance too.
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 10:22 pm

And Brad's wedding sounded like one of his podcasts. Last summer really was Rock Weddings 2005.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®