Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / King Khan BBQ new LP...
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 6:14 pm

Bow bow bow..Ooooh Oooooh..!!! thats what i think of it..!! both sides are real good..but my favorite is side A..or 1 ya know..!
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 6:30 pm

I think it's a great listen, love the punk tracks, but I just think it's kind of a shame it won't have the same impact as the first alb. Who really could have pulled that off though?

I only heard it once on CD but as soon as I get then Lp I know it will grow on me.
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 7:21 pm

I'll probably wait 'till it's up at Goner, but it's available through mail-order now? What about Jay's solo record?
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 7:28 pm

What about Jay's solo record?

I bought it from Jay at the Hi Tone. I like it a lot - very catchy.
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 7:30 pm

Thanks, man. I didn't even see it. I'll check with him.
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 7:32 pm

That first track is FUN to howl along to! BaRK!
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 7:35 pm

I didn't even see it. I'll check with him.

Goner had some.
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 10:31 pm

It would be great to start off the shitty work weed with the KKBBQQ in the mailbox tonight

i think today's some post-office-closing holiday. columbus day?
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 10:56 pm

I likes it alot - they wrote a really solid, really catchy second album....it measures up, no sophmore slump! - & the slower songs are really doing it for me....
BAAAAAYYYYYAY-BEEEEEEE WHY DON'T YOU LIE!?!?!

fuckin great.
and they were really good the other nite - don't miss this show - even if it's a bit pricey....I danced my ass off!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 2:36 pm

they closed today. What a bunch of shit ass fuckers.

i was in the same boat yesterday. i must have checked the mail box 4 times before i went down to the post office to try to mail something only to find all the doors locked up. ...maybe tonight!

sucks cuz they'll got the record at the local music store already and a couple of my friends already got it.
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 9:21 pm

Now available at Pass Out NYC!
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 9:32 pm

I like the 60 second hardcore song on this record. Thats right....HARDCORE!
Posted: Oct 11, 2006 7:37 pm

I danced my ass off!
as did the folks here who seen dat stuff..!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:52 pm

Saw it in the recordsstore today during lunchbreak & was so pleasantly surprised I bought it immediately (and payed the much too high recordstore price of course). Spent the whole day behind my desk, longing to go home and play the new rekkid. Then finally coming home only to find out they put a fucking KING KHAN AND THE SHRINES album inside ("mr natural" if ya wondering).
What's that with recordshops & nitwit fuckos?? (in bloody belgium at least) (oh yeah the sleeve is the only thing I have and it's great because in said shop they prefer to store the sleeves without the records - why?? nobody still steals records today). FUCKFUCKFICK!!!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:30 pm | Edited by: space junk

It's not as good as the goner album. It has it's moments, but I prefer the mix on the first album, or lack thereof.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:35 pm

I liked it. What I am going to do read soon is play this one and the first one back to back and see which is better
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:40 pm

I liked it. What I am going to do read soon is play this one and the first one back to back and see which is better

to be fair you'll have to do it twice, one time each with one or the other as the first album to spin. or you could just decide now which you like better if you really are concerned or you could just not give a fuck at all. I'm gonna say right now that I like the first better cuz I have little patience and don't give a shit when something has to grow on me.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:42 pm

the shows in western canada have apparently been cancelled...detroit cobras couldn't get across there border or something
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:50 pm

KING KHAN AND THE SHRINES album

...and it sounds like Defunkt.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:13 pm

Well alright. I just purchased the new album. I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm sure it lems ass-gravy. It pisses me off to vertually no end that I didn't go and see them last Sunday @ the Triple Rock Country Club. I was both simultaneously out of time and $$$ otherwise, I would have been there...
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:21 pm

both simultaneously

I meant SIMULTANEOUSLY. Sorry for the inconvienience...
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:27 pm

If you're not expecting them to top the first record (I mean, come on!), you should be pleased w/ the new one. I'm loving it.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:29 pm

I scored mine from Treehouse Records. "A clip-joint ran by the biggest loser in Mpls."...
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:32 pm

both simultaneously

tut tut tut...
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:17 pm

i love the confusion that it isn't the same record as the first. that's why it's another record. if we would have done the same record, there would still be complaints. i am shocked to hear how many folks on here hate rnb-ish ballads, though. and also shocked to hear how some folks don't think it's very 'punk', considering some of the songs on there. oh well. ultimately, the first was two years in the making and the second was 2 months.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:24 pm

i love the confusion that it isn't the same record as the first.

Yeah, there is confusion. I think everybody really did expect a devastating opening track followed by a bunch of party anthems. It's all good. You can't really blame poeple for scratching their heads after you both made them feel so fuckin' good the first time around.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:24 pm

i want one, but i don't wanna have to order any more stuff and have it shipped to my house because i'm moving once again. i guess i'll wait til they come through here or when goner gets it. i like the songs i have heard off of it. pretty good stuff. i just haven't heard the entire album yet.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:30 pm

I'm in Josh's boat- still waiting...
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:43 pm

i am shocked to hear how many folks on here hate rnb-ish ballads, though.

R&B-oriented ballads make the world go round.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:48 pm

I don't know what the hell everyone's talking about. New LP's great -- especially the ballads. Been listening to it constantly.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 8:49 pm

I don't think anybody's complained.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 9:07 pm

do'nt worry, it's not any good.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:09 pm

I'm completely confused how anyone can say the first one was really great but this one isn't. They're not that fucking different, folks. If you thought the first one was great you should like this one too. They're both incredible. The new one has a few more ballads, but those are fantastic.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:13 pm

for fuck's sake who is doing all this complaining? I ain't seen none at all.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:20 pm

It's on constant rotation here at the shop. Awesome record!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:25 pm

for fuck's sake who is doing all this complaining? I ain't seen none at all.
Didn't you post that it's not any good?
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:26 pm

you believed that?
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:38 pm

Yeah, I guess I didn't read the sarcasm in it, Joe. I thought you were serious and it Tor me down.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:40 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

still you're the second person to attck things that nobody has said. I don't get it. The KKBBQ show suffers from the same hasty criticisms of criticisms that the Black Lips do. It must be a death cult trait.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:54 pm

The LP is fucking GREAT!!! I like it more with each listen just like the first LP. I couldn't wait to hear a good recording of Too Much In Love.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:55 pm

I wouldn't kick this record outta the sack...
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 1:28 am

When I was in Chicago for the Blackout, Arish left a copy of the new album in my friends car. We spent the whole weekend driving around Chicago listening to it. It doesn't have any perfect songs like the first one but its still amazing.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 1:37 am

Payday tomorrow...
Money for records and sausages.
And a hot date with the lady on Saturday...
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 1:48 am

BBQ is good sausage rock
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 1:58 am

I'll Never Belong IS a perfect song.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 2:15 am

I'm grooving on "The Ballad Of..." right now....
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 2:48 am

I'll Never Belong IS a perfect song.

I love that song, too, but I've only heard it from the Blackout.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 2:44 pm

i still haven't got mine....todays's gotta be the day. i hope.
if i knew it was gonna take this long i woulda picked up the cd at the local record store, wore it out all week, then sold it back for a few bucks when i got the LP....oh well.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 3:14 pm

I love the new album.
The tinny 50's doo wop production on the ballads is nice.
Just in time for a long, harsh Michigan winter.
Now all I need is a bottle of whiskey and some Taco Bell.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 3:16 pm

oh yeah, "Blow My Top" is THEE party jam!
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 7:35 pm

...i went home for lunch and guess what i had waiting for me? i listened to the first side of KKBBQ while i at my microwave burrito. doesn't get much better than that.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 7:36 pm

Jesus fucking christ trey, now I'm officially the only one still waiting on it...
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 8:30 pm

Its Good!
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 9:51 pm

It's great. I don't care for perfect songs but "zombies" and "dock it #8" are funtastic songs (already knew this last song from the gigs).

I was wondering who originally wrote the kbd like "operation" as it sounds familiar, anyone ?
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 9:54 pm

Circle Jerks yo...
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:16 pm

"kbd like", ouch, ok everyone skip my previous post please.
(thanks dtrain : time to give "group sex" a spin... glad this is the goner board not garagepunk)
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:30 pm

HEE=HAWW!
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 11:19 pm

Jesus fucking christ trey, now I'm officially the only one still waiting on it...

i'm waiting only a few minutes longer myself. i gotta go to goner anyway to pick up another record so i am going to go get this one too! hahah.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 12:37 am

I'm three songs into it. I am dying to go ahead and flip it and go directly to "Operation", but that would be cheating, wouldn't it?
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 12:47 am

I like the way the snare sounds. Nice and punchy. "What's For Dinner?"...
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 12:48 am

Finally flipping...

elle, I would have left some coffe up there, had I known you were headed up...
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 12:49 am

Keep yer pants on Robin! It's a comin up! HAWW!
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 1:06 am

Neat-o! They at least took it and made it their own. Gonna put the real one on after this, though. Really liking "Zombies" and "The Ballad of...", by the way. I think I spoiled myself on the live version of "I'll Never Belong", though.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 1:06 am

By the way, I picked up these at Goner today:
Got two news and four olds...
KK& BBQ new one
Jay Reatard new one
Circle Jerks Group Sex (color vinyl? neat! pink!)
BBQ Tie Your Noose
Dead Kennedys Mutiny on the Bay (impulse buy)
Magnitude 3 7" ($2.99, what a baahhgain)
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 7:42 pm

I say "Into The Snow" is the best track on the record
Posted: Oct 16, 2006 4:43 pm

I was at Sound on Sound yesterday and commented to Jug [the owner] that I didn't see the WFD LP on the new release wall no mo.

He said he has sold out of both CD & LP twice!
Before he said how many I assumed it was 10 or so.
He said 30! And that made my day.
Posted: Oct 16, 2006 10:55 pm

I'll Never Belong and What's For Dinner? are both perfect songs.. I've been playing the album at the video store that I work at instead of watching movies.
Posted: Oct 17, 2006 12:35 am

I havent heard the whole thing yet but Im really enjoying what I'm listening to. You can still hear the squeaky bass pedal throughout and "Why dont you lie" gets my nomination for best ballad of 2006.
Posted: Oct 17, 2006 1:06 am

i love the record. in fact, i am going to go home here in a second and put it on the player and listen again.

i love "why don't you lie", "zombies", and "i'll never belong". i think i like it almost as much as the first album, which is a LOT. :)
Posted: Oct 17, 2006 4:39 am

here hate rnb-ish ballads
I'm offering comps on the ballads, I've heard plenty of ladies pass comps on your vocals.

+ that's the Canadian influence, prince + joni mitchell + neil young
Posted: Oct 17, 2006 5:13 am

I was at Sound on Sound yesterday

Oh geez...I am finally-finally-finally blocked from MySpace at work....not even clicking on any link will work....sorry...

This is the link I was trying to provide

http://www.myspace.com/sound_on_sound or http://www.soundonsoundrecords.com
Posted: Oct 17, 2006 5:39 am

is the FISH FIGHT video on youtube anywhere??? can't find it.
Posted: Oct 17, 2006 5:41 am

I think it's archived on the main site somewhere. Hang on...
Posted: Oct 17, 2006 5:44 am

Well, maybe not...
Posted: Oct 17, 2006 9:30 am

AAAAAAH! Inter-net...fa-iling!!!!!! wha-t??? thanks for looking!
Posted: Oct 17, 2006 1:50 pm

ultimately, the first was two years in the making and the second was 2 months.

The album is fucking fantastic, both albums are great by their own rights, forget comparisons and fucking FREAKOUT!!!

I'll be having "Dinner" all day, thank you!
Posted: Oct 17, 2006 1:59 pm

Fuck all y'all. I'm still waiting...
Posted: Oct 17, 2006 6:55 pm

and a side of beanssssssssssssss
Posted: Oct 17, 2006 11:50 pm

My favourite is "Blow My Top"...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®