Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Black Lips question
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 5:19 am

Saw the Black Lips tonight in DC and they were excellent. really stupid question, though. They did a song I didn't recognize. Second to last song. The bass player in the chorus sang a lot of oooooooo's and the drummer hit the floor tom the whole time with a tambourine and hit his snare with his left hand like usual. The song was awesome. Anyone know what it was? I don't have the second LP so maybe it's on that.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 7:04 am

my guesses would be "time of the scab" "stranger" or the song off the live at rob's single "oh katrina" hard to say though
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 7:40 am

Think it's a new one.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 9:18 am

it's this one right here
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 10:33 am

Gentle violence?
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 2:18 pm

its either a new one, or its probably the 'too much in love'. that's got some ooooooooo's
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 2:39 pm

what time did they actually go on? 9:45 or something like that? I got there at 1030 and they had just finished. FUCKING RETARDED.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 3:17 pm

Did you notice that middle eastern sounding song? They played it here recently and I was flooooored. Joe (the drummer) had some amazing harmonies on it.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 3:17 pm

And you don't have the second album? That's just wrong.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 3:29 pm | Edited by: jonwayne

what time did they actually go on? 9:45 or something like that? I got there at 1030 and they had just finished. FUCKING RETARDED.

They went on at 10, right as I got there. WTF? Seriously??? That sucks you missed it, dude. I missed the first song but I walked in while they were playing Boomerang. ohhhhhhhhhh shit. Should I get the second record? Stupid question right? They also had the sunglasses seven inch didn't get it because some dickhead at the Black Cat distracted me b/c he wanted to check my ID. He said my stamp wasn't good enough/bright enough so I had to go back downstairs after the show. I'm fucking 34 years old and married, and the dude thinks I look under 21! Douchebag!
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 3:32 pm

Second LP is my favorite!
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 3:34 pm

It could have been Too Much In Love, yeah.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 3:51 pm

jesus christ, so they played for 1/2 hour?

king khan & bbq take note, no one wants to see the fucking detroit cobras again, play for at least an hour.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 4:00 pm

It could have been Too Much In Love, yeah.

winner!!! maybe.

don't have the second album
yea you should get it. i got a tattoo of the flowers on the cover. that's how good it is.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 4:07 pm

king khan & bbq take note, no one wants to see the fucking detroit cobras again, play for at least an hour.

No shit. I'll actually be missing both their shows here. Another $15 cover and motherfuck if I'm gonna pay that to see them for a half hour on a weeknight and then have to leave when they're done. I aint watchin' no fucking Detriot Cobras. Seen 'em and I don't care.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 4:14 pm | Edited by: jonwayne

Yeah it was 12 bucks last night. It was worth it . . .but Be Your Own Pet were sooooooooooo bad. There was a free credit on the World Poker Pinball so I played that instead of watching the shitty band. Manzoni, I thought they played longer than a half an hour, but I could be wrong. The bass player and Joe were having words towards the end of the set, during/after Hippie Hippie Hoorah. Like Joe didn't want to play much longer or something. And the bass player negotiated three more songs out of him. Hope the guy wasn't sick or anything. so maybe the set was cut short. . . .?
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 4:16 pm

I paid fucking 12 dollars and only caught half of kk&bbq's last song last night. God I'm still fucking pissed. Show started at 10 (which of course means 11 99% of the time around here) and kk&bbq were the second band. I showed up at like 11:15 and they were just finishing. God damnit!!! Oh well, at least I got the new LP, which I haven't listened to yet. I stayed for about half of the cobra's set....fucking snoozefest as usual.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 4:28 pm

Joe (the drummer) had some amazing harmonies on it.

wait until joe's rap album drops...he played me some demos and i had that shit stuck in my head for weeks. its probably gonna be stuck in there all day just from mentioning this...
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 4:28 pm

I did get to see a little bug-eyed dog in full pirate regalia at a little corner bar after we left the venue though. He was just sitting on the bar, full costume with a belt and a sword, he even had an actual bad eye and an eye patch! That cheered me up a bit.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 6:49 pm

Detroit isn't even gonna get BBQ & Khan on this tour...Too much crossing back and forth between borders is the reason. So the crowd at the Magic Stick get's my band in their place for the show (and that Taylor Hollingsworth dude-whoever the hell he is).
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 7:01 pm

KK & BBQ should do some sorta seperate set at Passout here in the NYC.

Make it so.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 7:04 pm

The KK & BBQ/Cobras show in Vancouver is $24. The club it's at is almost always pricey - they were charging $22 or $26 or something for the Black Lips/Dirtbombs earlier this year.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 7:16 pm

WOW!
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 10:06 pm

Anybooty catch the POINTS at the dc negro labia show lastnight? pret ty pret ty pret ty good.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 10:29 pm

WOW!

That's Canadian dollars. It converts to roughly 6 nickels and a pair of plastic fangs over here.
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 4:53 pm

The KK & BBQ/Cobras show in Vancouver is $24.

jeez, talk about uncool ticket prices for a KK/BBQ show. damn, those two bands drive a hard bargain.

maybe Garage rock is in it's last throes and all these bands wanna bleed their fans dry
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 5:13 pm

Actually, the Canuck buck is worth about 90 cents to these days. The best condition it's been in in years-proving again the the US is going down the tubes. $24 is 21.60 US.
Posted: Oct 8, 2006 5:47 pm

6 nickels and a pair of plastic fangs.
Posted: Oct 8, 2006 6:38 pm

maybe Garage rock is in it's last throes and all these bands wanna bleed their fans dry

it isn't what you think at all. our own personal decision to do this tour was moreso based on legalities and shit. i can guarantee you money doesn't factor in.
write me: marksultan@yahoo.com if we are rolling thru your town and you wanna see us. we do have a guestlist available.
Posted: Oct 8, 2006 6:43 pm

Looking forward to seeing the "big guys" (KKBBQ/ B'kips) on headlining tours always.
Posted: Oct 8, 2006 7:30 pm

i can guarantee you money

sweet, i'm in!
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 9:09 am

jeez, talk about uncool ticket prices for a KK/BBQ show. damn, those two bands drive a hard bargain.

dude your lame
Posted: Oct 10, 2006 8:45 am

write me
hey Mark, why not dub up some cd-rs of the new lp and sell those for $5 US, if you ain't got the lp for sale at the shows. we'll still buy the lp on wax latro.

also why not put some advert emphasis on the gay elements of the stage show. Last time in Van BC I saw half dozen queers just giggling and waiting for the cock a doodle piss section of the set.

Hey Brian, put some posters up on cap hill along the bus routes, outside bimbos and all those gay clubs whose names I don't remember. Once again, stress the gay aspect. And if Boom Boom would try harder he might bring some of the bears up from Renton. Those big hairy gay dudes used to be Murder City Devil fans and like to boom shacka boom with the best of us.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®