| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / good Killing Joke
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 2:28 am

Any recommendations?
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 3:56 am

How do you kill a blue elephant?
Shoot it with a blue elephant gun.

How do you kill a red elephant?
Strangle it till it turns blue, then shoot it with a blue elephant gun.

How do you kill a green elephant?
Tell it a dirty joke until it blushes and turns red, then strangle it until it turns blue, then shoot it with a blue elephant gun.

How do you kill a yellow elephant?
What are you talking about? There are no yellow elephants!
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 5:31 am

The first Ep w/ "Turn to Red" rules. Can't remember what it's called, it's really hard to find (oh yeah, fuckin Soulseek...).

'what's THIS for...!?' LP is pretty great. Apocalyptic disco metal, yo.
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 7:12 am

The first Ep w/ "Turn to Red" rules. Can't remember what it's called, it's really hard to find (oh yeah, fuckin Soulseek...).

"Turn to Red/Nervous Systems"
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 10:21 am

what's this for? and self titled

supposedly some recent album was good too but I never heard it so I'm not suggesting it
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 10:48 am

Pandamonium has a good title track and not much else... except maybe good cover art.

Willful Days is a singles collection. It has the absurdly long dance mix of Living in the 80s. I think that counts as their "big hit". A New Day is a good song.

Thanks for posting. I'm long overdue to learn more about them myself.

Doesn't Sean O'Daniels peruse this board from time to time. I suspect he'd be the source to ask.

Look Here:
http://www.killingjoke.com/catalogue.php

And Here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_Joke
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 4:38 pm

I heard a couple songs on the 80s music thing on my cable (off the s/t) and I thought they would sound better coming out of my stereo than out of the tv. I couldn't tell though. I've been listening to a lot of Erasure and black metal lately and thought they would be a good middle ground. I always thought they would be really bad because I didn't like Pigface...
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 5:04 pm

how do you kill a black guy
hide his food stamps under his work boots...

(kinda harsh but the only one I know)
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 5:09 pm

What should you do if you are eaten by an elephant?

Run around 'til you get pooped-out.

Why does an elephant have four feet?

Because 8" aren't enough...
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 7:32 pm

yeah, pigface not good. first K.J. album great, second pretty good. also now eighties will be in my head all day.
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 9:11 pm

First Killing Joke LP is great. Thank you Joe Danger for purging your record collection that time.
Posted: Oct 3, 2006 8:51 pm

Personal favorites:
1. Killing Joke (first LP)
2. Night Time - their commercial peak
3. What's This For..??

I could never play them too much on air...
Posted: Oct 4, 2006 3:55 am

dtradio

Hey, where did you go? Nobody has been quite able to fill your shoes since you left your show (the guy named Tino or Tito or something had the best one so far). Yours was my favorite show on WEVL.
Posted: Oct 4, 2006 6:31 am

There's a kinda Pringles that have a joke on each chip!!! The can I just ate was very "bee"-centric, strangely enough.
Posted: Oct 4, 2006 9:33 am | Edited by: dale

Turn To Red was my first experience with a lock-groove. More records need lock grooves.
Posted: Oct 4, 2006 7:40 pm

Hey, where did you go? Nobody has been quite able to fill your shoes since you left your show (the guy named Tino or Tito or something had the best one so far). Yours was my favorite show on WEVL.

Thanks. Never knew how many listeners there were.
Still in Memphis but busy. It's funny to hear the other DJ's mention that I'm still doing Tuesday mornings there. Apparently, there's an all-call for a permanent host for Friday mornings.

Goner might be getting another few boxes of show-related vinyl from me soon...
Posted: Oct 4, 2006 8:01 pm

Why weren't there any black people on the flinstones?

Because they were still monkeys!

..... Try that one Sam, it kills every time!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®