Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I have a good excuse for missing the Black Lips on Friday...
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 5:13 pm

I got two free tix to go to see Jerry Lee Lewis aka THE KILLER taping for a PBS special! They still don't know if they're gonna do it in the afternoon or in the evening. If it's in the noon me and sixteene both got bosses permission to leave for the show and then we'll go catch the B'lips. If it's taping at night we'll miss the B'lips. Either way, Friday is gonna be incredible.

JERRY LEE FUCKING LEWIS!
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 5:19 pm

I might!
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 6:08 pm

Saw him two years ago in Paradiso, Amsterdam. Tickets were 35 euros, but me and my brother got in as "crew" for Mr Airplane Man, who played later that night in the small hall. Jerry put on a brilliant show, when in the middle of his solo of Great Balls of Fire, he stood up and walked away. He played for about 20 minutes. A good 20 minutes I must say, but definitely not worth 35 euros.
Mr Airplane Man played the best gig of their Dutch tour that night, probably inspired by the "incredibly sexy man" as they referred to him.
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 6:17 pm

and then we'll go catch the B'lips

I'm sure Jerry Lee is asleep in bed around 7pm these days.
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 6:18 pm

Yeah, hopefully then it will be a day show. Free day off? Incredible!
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 6:34 pm

hey joe! ill see you tomorrow?
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 6:36 pm

Hey Ysael, we won't be making the show. Two nights is just way too much. Our love to Pierro!
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 6:37 pm

Oh yeah, can you please come get your dirty undies offa my floor? They're still there.
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 6:38 pm

He played a long-ish (for him lately) rock-based set in GB - it was pretty awesome. There was a certain amount of electricity in the room that made up for his mistakes - he's still very charismatic, even as a fragile oldster.
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 6:40 pm

This thing on friday is gonna be a three hour session since it's gonna be on tv. I hope I see lots of mistakes and bitching and cursing and stuff.
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 6:59 pm

Two nights is just way too much.

You barely can stand one night, huh?
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 6:59 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

When I party, I party haaaaard...

Oh yeah... too expensive too!
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 7:00 pm

hard, but shooooort
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 7:01 pm

that's a reason I can understand
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 10:40 pm

It's a day show! Jerry Lee and the Black Lips in one day!

FUCK YOU GONERFEST!!!
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 10:41 pm

FUCK YOU IN 3-DEEEE!!!
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 11:16 pm

bazooka joe is the cheapest motherfucker i ever met. hopefully jerry lee will kick him in the nuts an do us all a favor.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 12:31 am

Shut your dentures and go buy me some drum sticks, and I don't mean the delicious ice cream cones. Ok, get me those too.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:57 am

jerry lee for a half hour... black lips for an hour.

and you can't go see the demon's claws the next day?

really?

you couldn't handle gonerfest.

fuck you in one-dee for your one night of "partying."
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:12 am

yeah you big PUSSY
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 3:16 pm

yea!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 3:39 pm

jerry lee for a half hour... black lips for an hour.

and you can't go see the demon's claws the next day?

you couldn't handle gonerfest.

Demon's Claws is tonight. Have to go to work tomorrow. And yeah Eric, going out at night really lasts only an hour. Maybe when you can actually say no to drinks and drugs, don't have to take a fucking hour long plus subway ride to get home or blow $25 on a cab to make it go quicker. Plus, I've seen the Demon's Claws. Once was enough.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 3:42 pm

fuck you in one-dee for your one night of "partying."

And it's gonna cost me a hundred fucking dollars to go to the Black Lips show tomorrow night after all my expenses. Lesseee... $30 for the 2 fucking tix and $25 for the cab cuz coming home to Queens from Brooklyn on a Friday night will probably take an hour and me and Christine planned on havcing some drinks and whatever else. Yeah, cheap fucking punk rock.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 3:46 pm

You guys have some nice options.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 3:55 pm

Fuck all y'all! I'm going to Oktoberfest! If you get to see one acordian all weekend, you'll be lucky...
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 3:55 pm

$30 for two Black Lips tickets?? Glad to be a Eurofag (I paid $7 to see the Black Lips).
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 3:59 pm

$30 for two Black Lips tickets??

i get to see them for free all the time. although i usually throw them a few bucks and a few beers.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 4:03 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

$30 for two Black Lips tickets??

$30 + $25 (cab) + AT LEAST $40 for drinks for me and my girlfriend (that's only four drinks a piece- LOVE NYC!) + $50 (cuz I'll probably wanna have something to do besides drink, and I always, every single time give some away, ask anybody in New York that goes to shows- I never ask anybody for anything) = $145.

Hey eric o, fuck you for only being cool to me when you're ordering CD's.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 4:15 pm

No, you gots to be kiddin' : you pay 40 bucks for eight fucking drinks?? I can buy a drink for 25 Eurofags for that amount!! Time to move, man.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 4:19 pm

you pay 40 bucks for eight fucking drinks??

Not including the tips, and I always tip. I really don't know how everybody else goes out so often. I guess they don't ever put a dime into the bank. Plus most everybody I know lives in Brooklyn, which makes it way easier to get anywhere fun than trying to do it from Queens.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 4:32 pm

and yes, New York really is that expensive (to drink & to live!). It wouldn't normally cost $30 to see the Black Lips & we don't usually pay that much for shows but we love the Black Lips so we're going & payin' the piper. Joe is being sweet enough to buy my ticket because I'm so broke & still waiting for a raise to come through at work. Thanks BJ!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 4:33 pm

We have to drive 40 miles to the club (with gas prices going nuts), pay 6-7 bucks entrance, buy pals and bandmembers a beer, buy a 7" or an lp and most of the time we spend well under 100 bucks. NY=crazy.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 4:34 pm

I don't know how you've lived in the big city so long...country boy...
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 4:36 pm

I don't know how you've lived in the big city so long...country boy...

By barely going out! And don't act like you haven't asked me for a line or two.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 4:52 pm

Move to Mississippi
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 4:55 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Since I got my last raise I'm actually putting $200 a month into savings so we can move to Harrisburg next year.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:05 pm

Harrisburg

Where is that?
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:07 pm

It's the capitol of BUZZ OFF.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:17 pm

Y'all should have come down to Memphis. I'd have bought your and 16's tickets, you'd have a place to stay...
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:21 pm

think youre poor? try this http://globalrichlist.com/ i bet most of the people here are in the top 15% wealthiest people in the world.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:21 pm

Thanks JS! I'm not really worried about missing it though. Plane tix are way too much for only a few bands that are must see's. Plus I already took a week vacation this year, and then anotyher four days from grandma's funeral... no time either! Plus I don't wanna travel all the way to Memphis just to have eric o be a dick to me. I guess the Hipshakes would make up for that though. Hipshakes rule!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:23 pm

think youre poor?

You talkin' to me? I'm not poor at all. I live quite comfortably. I just can't afford to go out TWO NIGHT IN A ROW IN NYC AND HAV ONE OF THEM BE TO GO SEE A MEDIOCRE BAND. Fucking sue me.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:27 pm

I was hoping to come up to NY this year, but my vaction days are cut down to almost nil. Probably next year when it starts all over. Talked to dtrain about it last night. I've got to come see you guys. And Wisconsin.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:28 pm

relax...i just threw out a link cuz it's fun. its was not directed at anyone in particular.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:31 pm

Sorry bro, eric o's ignorant comments up there pissed me off pretty good. COuldn't handle gonerfest... as if! more like couldn't handle everybody going ga ga for the fucking RCT, Angry Angles and Leather Uppers. How fucking depressing.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:32 pm

I'm actually putting $200 a month into savings so we can move to Harrisburg next year.

WHOO-HOO!!!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:33 pm

DAS RIGHT BABY!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:39 pm

Well, can't speak for him, but I don't think he was dissin' you on the reals.

I'll make it up there, y'all will make it down here, it's like some lazy stand-off.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:39 pm

BJ, here's how the poor folks afford to go out night after night in New York - the more you're out, the more folks you meet who bartend and play in bands or work at clubs. Doesn't happen every night but lots of the time you could be drinking and seeing shows on the cheap. The drugs'll always fuck up your pocket though.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:42 pm

YEah, but still... drinks always get me to say," I can't get on the subway, I'll cab it!" Fuck that shit! I can't drink and then hold my piss for an hour and a half! Last time I pissed offa the subway platform a big ass rat ran through my piss stream! HAHAHA!!!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:47 pm

Move to Brooklyn then! C'mon, what're you gonna do for fun in Harrisburg? You're a couple, you could get a good cheap one bedroom in Bed-Stuy and be 20 minutes from practically anywhere.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:53 pm

I'd much rather have a house, a car, room for a giant lamb puppy, fresh air, people who aren't complete assholes everywhere, and money to open my own reocrd store. Im really sick of having a boss, and ther'es no way to get ahead here.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:01 pm

I hear ya .. you've got some good points. But don't forget that people are complete assholes everywhere, and in the burbs they could be even worse. Where I grew up in Jersey they're assholes, ignorant, and pompous. For me, New York is fresh air.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:21 pm

Are you kidding me? Land of Beer, Cheese, Sausage, and ladies in Leiderhosen? I'm sorry, but Wisconsin sounds like Vallhala.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:28 pm

WHy move to Harrisburg, that place sucks. Move 3 hours west and consider yerself a PITTSBURGHER
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:36 pm

I love the country.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:46 pm

t's the capitol of BUZZ OFF.

WTF!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:47 pm | Edited by: Mr E Action

Was only there for a short bit, but Harrisburg seemed pretty damn boring and dull as is most of eastern Pennsylvania(York, Lancaster,etc)

Snoozeville.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:49 pm

I'm not looking to go to any parties, but I wouldn't mind trying to create some action in such a beautiful area.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:49 pm

you should move to ATL.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:55 pm

Nobody here listens to a goddamn thing.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:55 pm | Edited by: dirk diggler

i love the country

an radiation apparantly. move to brooklyn. yeah, right an be as misearble as the rest of you losers??? no thanks. i dig suburbia. (esp after 20 years livin in the city.). that bein said i agree w/ eric that bj is a no partyin fag an i agree w/ bj that eric's lame-o fest blows (except the hipshakes who are really stupid to spend two grand playin for a bunch of gays like robin an fat scott.). i'm goin out. have a nice afternoon.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:57 pm

we have family in PA which is one of the reasons we chose Harrisburg. so no more location suggestions needed but thanks!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:57 pm

huh?
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:09 pm

we have family in PA which is one of the reasons we chose Harrisburg.

And it's close enough to go to NYC to go once in a while to do shit, plus Matt Pendelton is in Philly and we can car pool up to the city to make a party. WOOHOO!!!

Goddamn, all this bullshit cuz we can't/ DO NOT WANT TO go see the Demon's Claws.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:15 pm

I don't see why you two don't just move to another big city?

I only pay $380 a month.

Holy crap, is there anything at all near where you live???
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:16 pm

i love the country
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:18 pm

fuck pittsburgh! that place is aweful! crazy fuckers putting french fries AND coleslaw on yer sanwiches - buncha sick fucks.

harrisburg does suck, (small city with about 160,000 people in the area) but it's CHEAP and it's 2 1/2 hrs from nyc, 1 1/2 from philly, and 1 1/2 from baltimore. 99% of the people here are douchebags but you'll find that everywhere.

radiation rules!!!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:23 pm

i love the country

What does your love of Waylon Jennings have to do with anything? Just move to Chicago already...

Holy crap, is there anything at all near where you live???

fuck yeah bitch!

Man, if I lived there, my record collection would be HUGE!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:24 pm

harrisburg does suck

You gotta admit though, it's really pretty and clean and spacious.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:25 pm

What do you pay?

About 3 X that.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:32 pm

The first three are AWESOME!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:35 pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/sarahtonin1/SA500379.jpg

our mayors is a fag

lots of fags in harrisburg

fags always have good coke
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:39 pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/sarahtonin1/SA500379.jpg

I remember how comfortable I felt that night. And drunk! Ahhh...
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:57 pm

sorry joe. i was a little tired, and FUCK YOU GONERFEST kinda wasn't what i wanted to hear.

stay in your one dimension.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 8:02 pm

FUCK YOU GONERFEST

Like I meant that. You really think I don't wanna be there hanging with alla my never-get-to-see friends? And losing my mind to the Hipshakes? AS IF! I thought it was pretty obvious that it came across as a way of talking myself into not being depressed about not being there.

I love you man!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 8:18 pm

it's on their website, not their myspace
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 8:50 pm

you pay 40 bucks for eight fucking drinks??

i JUST PAID $70 FOR 6 DRINKS
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 8:50 pm

But those were liters of beer
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 8:55 pm

I'm sure Jerry Lee is asleep in bed around 7pm these days.

From what I hear he still parties. Someone a while back played me a bootleg CD of Jerry Lee backstage after a show in like '98 on which he's caught, wasted drunk, asking someone if they can get him some more of "those good pills you got."
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 8:55 pm

ahh... JOE! awesome! yeah, you should be here running around with these indiana idiots... and the MANS aren't even here yet!

fuck!

back to work gettin' ready for all this... lowebow made louie a flying v cigar box guitar!

i can't believe the lineup tonight.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 9:08 pm

Harrisburg

Sounds like an awesome idea... you'll still be driving distance to plenty-o-action.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 9:45 pm

Harrisburg

Sounds like an awesome idea... you'll still be driving distance to plenty-o-action.

and have $$$ for plenty-o-record/drugs!

i wanna be in memphis =(
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 9:54 pm

Joe, hopefully I'll bump into you at the Black Lips.

Ran into Jared yesterday and we had some lunch. He's dorming it right now, which is hilarious. Not so hilarious that they didn't let him into Canada, but still funny somehow.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 9:55 pm

See you there, gay lick!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 11:01 pm

B.J.
seriously.
consider utah.
lots of mountains and no one here believes in drug problems, you can do all the coke you want. housing is cheep and me and angus scrimm need somebody to hang out with. you'll be close to everywhere but nowhere at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 11:16 pm

1. fuck gay gonerfest. (bj was right. what a lame line-up. i bet everybody goin hasn't seen all those bands a hundred times already...) eric o is a hole.

an 2. bazooka fag an gaylick: kick each other in the balls for me. (mutual annihilation).

dirk diggler
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 11:41 pm

Dirk, you need some new material you piece of shit. You are pathetic and you fucking suck.
Posted: Sep 29, 2006 1:51 am

2. bazooka fag an gaylick: kick each other in the balls for me. (mutual annihilation).

You'd be so bummed if I wasn't around anymore. No one believes for a second that you arne't my best friend. I love you man!

B.J.
seriously.
consider utah.

We're going to be close to some family already. SHEESH! I haven't seen my folks in over two years. It sucks. At least we'll be close to sixteene's mom and her world class fried chicken!
Posted: Sep 29, 2006 7:11 pm

Later dudes... I'm off to have the best day ever! Keep on fuckin' yourselves!
Posted: Sep 29, 2006 7:39 pm

fuck pittsburgh! that place is aweful! crazy fuckers putting french fries AND coleslaw on yer sanwiches - buncha sick fucks.

SHIT IS CRAZZZZY

Pittsburgh - Home of silly food and IRON CITY BEER
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 12:04 am

SO?

How was the Killer? I'm dying to know!
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 12:33 am | Edited by: bazooka joe

Hey Grrrtch, I kicked it with Alabama last night, he said Kurt might have spares on The Shag "Stop and Listen" and The Squires "Going All The Way." can you find out? Thanks!

Posted: Sep 30, 2006, 1:35 pm

Quote I believe Joe is at the Jerry Lee Lewis thing. Excused Goner absents.

That was the greatest excuse ever! Me and sixteene got to see Jerry Lee AND Williw Nelson! He came out and the first thing that happened wasWilliw led us in singing happy birthday to the Killer! He turned 71 yesterday! CONGRATULATIONS JERRY LEE! The Willie did two sad song duets with him and it was really pretty. The Jerry Lee did some slow stuff and some spirituals and closed with some real good rockin'! He did Roll Over Beethoven, Great Balls Of Fire, plenty of others and closed with Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On and it KILLED! we were sittin' with Miriam Linna, Dave the Spazz, his chick, Andy Little Killer, Eric Davidson and his friend Paul... all the retards! it was a PARTY! Oh yeah, they had free chips and soda too! We're gonna be on TV!!! Some asshole was even clapping along on the wrong beat! Musta been cuz he had a eyebrow piercing.
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 1:24 am

Willie, too! Sounds tres cool! Wish I was there. Know when it's gonna broadcast?

Sorry, no Squires extra, but Kurt tells me that he picked up a "Stop and Listen" last week. hasta see how it stacks up aainst the one he already has, tho.

Aw, boy do I love that Bama boy! I bet he can tell you about the "pipeline" that all of my man's dupes gotta trickle thru...
Posted: Oct 1, 2006 1:26 am

...always wondered how exactly an eyebrow ring distorts one's sense of rhythm. Puleeeeze can anyone explain me that? ;)
Posted: Oct 3, 2006 8:26 pm

exactly

thats where the smart nerve is.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®