Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Norm Macdonald has a fucking comedy album out.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 8:44 am

COMEDY CENTRAL RECORDSŪ TO RELEASE"NORM MACDONALD: RIDICULOUS" SKETCH COMEDY CD ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12

Will Ferrell, Artie Lange, Tim Meadows And Molly Shannon Among Others Add To The Insanity Of Macdonald's Long Awaited Sketch Comedy CD

NEW YORK, August 23, 2006-Comedian Norm Macdonald gets ridiculous with a little help from his friends. After nine years in production, the most rumored and speculated-about comedy album has finally been unleashed. The jam-packed CD contains 12 sketches and a bonus track of classic Macdonald standup material. "Norm Macdonald: Ridiculous" sketch comedy CD will be available in stores nationwide and on shop.comedycentral.com on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 from COMEDY CENTRAL Records and Broadway Video Entertainment.

Macdonald rounds up his posse of comedian friends to produce hilarious and offbeat sketches on topics ranging from Superheroes to sports betting gone wrong. Standout tracks include Macdonald and Will Ferrell playing the world's first two gay men and Molly Shannon as a woman dealing with her multiple personality disorder. Other special guests include Artie Lange, Tim Meadows, and Jon Lovitz, and the album was produced by the legendary Brooks Arthur of Adam Sandler fame.

An award-winning standup comic for two decades, Macdonald appeared on the legendary show "Saturday Night Live" for a memorable five years. In addition to starring in two sitcoms, "The Norm Show" and "A Minute with Stan Hooper," he has starred in hit movies including "Billy Madison," "Dirty Work," "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo" and was the voice of Lucky in all three "Dr. Doolittle" movies. "Ridiculous" is Macdonald's comedy album debut.

Some places like Amazon and SmartPunk have it on pre-order, or simply buy it September 12 on Comedy Central.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 9:33 am

listen to them once and chuckle
listen to them twice and yawn
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 1:47 pm

7 years in the making.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 3:25 pm | Edited by: ottawarockerdude

the album was produced by the legendary Brooks Arthur of Adam Sandler fame.

what the fuck does that mean?

i never got how norm macdonald is funny. then again, i fucking hate about 99% of all "comedians". i wish i could make a living being a smarmy prick.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 3:58 pm

Norm's one of the few comedians that consistently cracks me up.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 4:27 pm

I love Norm MacDonald! He was great as the anchor of SNL's Weekend Update...much better than the painfully unfunny Tina Fey for sure. I think the whole "smarmy prick" works for Norm because he truly is a "smarmy prick" instead of some college douche bag who thinks he's funny. And "Dirty Work" was a great film.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 4:31 pm

ya maybe. i just don't "get" most comedians i guess. i find norm macdonald funny, but for about 5 mins
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 4:35 pm

i think gilbert godfrey is funny, so i'm pretty fucked up
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 4:51 pm

norm macdonald's larry king impersonation is one of the funniest things i've ever seen.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 4:53 pm

"Dirty Work" was a great film.

"hey! sarah!"
"sarah isn't my name"
"yeah i know, you didnt tell me what it was so i just guessed"
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 4:55 pm

He does a really great Burt Reynolds, too. Anyone remember the Norm Show where he played a hockey player banned from pro hockey and forced to become a social worker? One of the most ridiculous premises for a show I can remember. Not surprisingly, it lasted all of 1 season.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 5:30 pm

I thought "The World's First Gay Guys" was really funny...
http://www.dead-frog.com/archives/2006/08/norm_macdonald_ridiculous_cd _will_ferrell.php
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 5:33 pm

i think gilbert godfrey is funny, so i'm pretty fucked up

gilbert godfrey is a genius! have you ever heard his impression of groucho marx...priceless.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 5:49 pm

"my anus has been turned into a fountain of blood"
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 5:50 pm

The Norm Show was on for two seasons, or there were two distinct phases of the show, all (or most) of which I have on tape but I think I loaned the tapes out...dunno where they are.

Gilbert Gottfreid absoluetly rules -- I have a coupla interviews from "The Comedy Hour" radio show about ten years ago that are hilarious. He's got a DVD of stand-up out now which I'm told id unbelievable (haven't picked it up yet)
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 6:07 pm

What's next, an A. Whitney Brown album?
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 6:11 pm

Now, that I would run, not walk to buy...

Gilbert trying to make Beetlejuice laugh...oh baby.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 10:04 pm

Fuck, this rules. Lately Norm has been selling his ass to Bell Canada (our nation's largest phone company) doing TV commercials for them as a talking animated Beaver. It was kind of sad. Made me wonder what the hell he'd been upto all these years since his sitcom got cancelled. Norm's skit on Weekend Update with Will Ferrell about Ellen "coming out" on her TV show still ranks as one of the single funniest things I've ever seen.... "Normally I don't like Will Ferrell vomit, but this is quite good"
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 12:12 am

McNorm McDonald!
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 12:21 am

i love norm mcdonald.
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 1:16 am

Norm McDonald was on "The Daily Show" last week. He did a bit about The Crocodile Hunter meeting his maker. Jon Stewart was trying hard not to completely crack up since Norm's bit was so totally tasteless. It was absolutely hilarious.
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 1:22 am

Every time I've seen him on Letterman he makes me laugh, and I'm not a big fan of comedians either. Guess I should check him out when he comes to the Improv. The last guy I saw was Lewis Black a few years ago.
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 1:49 am

Norm McDonald was on "The Daily Show" last week. He did a bit about The Crocodile Hunter meeting his maker. Jon Stewart was trying hard not to completely crack up since Norm's bit was so totally tasteless. It was absolutely hilarious.

i did see that. it was pretty good, i must say
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 2:39 pm

I saw was Lewis Black a few years ago, and he was horrible! Total stock crowd stroking (it was at a college, so every other segment had something about...."you guys like....beer?"), not funny at all. I've liked some of his short segments on the Daily Show, but I was blown away by how bad it was. I tend not to like stand up. Norm's pretty funny at times, though.
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 4:34 pm

Right here!
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 5:39 pm

Norm's talk show appearances rule. You can find them on fileshare sites.
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 5:52 pm

I've seen him do a show in AZ a few years back and it was awesome.

At one point he said "this stopped being a comedy show about 15 minutes ago..."

Lot's of funny stuff about how great it would be if you could find a Female "ass doctor" since he didn't want some dude poking around down there.

My favorite skit on SNL was Norm with sylvester stallone involving some car crash he was in, though I don't completely recall the gist of it. There really ought to be a Norm SNL "Best of" DVD but it will never happen. There should also be a Phil Hartman "Best of" also but of course there ain't been one yet, least that I'm aware of.
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 6:00 pm

Lewis Black can't seem to get it together unless he can work blue.
When I produced Suzy Essman's nightly show on Metro channel in NY (this is before she got the Larry David gig...years before), basically all her stand-up comedy friends were back up guests in case we couldn't book someone or the guest we did book didn't show up....

we ALWAYS had to warn Lewis "you can come on this show as long as you don't work blue" honestly - I think unless he can swear and tell bad taste sex jokes, he's not funny. I don't know if anyone has ever seen Suzy Essman outside her actor roles (on various tv shows now besides Curb Your Enthusiasm), but she's pretty sex n swearing oriented as well
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 6:16 pm

Well, he swore a lot but seemed to think that just that would be enough, and sadly many of the students filling up the room seemed to agree. It was actually really depressing. I guess pathos & comedy are irrevocably intertwined. We need another Bill Hicks, especially now that Chapelle's in hiding.
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 7:17 pm

I remember Norm was on THe Tonight Show with the actress from Melrose Place who was there to plug her new movie she co-starred in with Carrot Top. Jay Leno asked her what it was called and Norm interrupted her before she could answer with "Box Office Poison". She replied that it was called "Chairman of the Board" and Norm goes "Let me guess 'board' is spelled B-O-R-E-D" and it was! Ha! Ha!
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 7:30 pm

Lewis Black had a stand-up special on HBO a few months ago. It was very political and had a lot of swearing. And not too funny.

What about George Carlin? When I was a kid, he absolutely killed me. I saw him live 3 times and every show was great. His last 2 HBO specials have been painful, though. Post-911, he's not even really doing comedy anymore. He basically just stands on stage for 90 minutes and rants about the evils of the society and seems to hate everything and everyone-and not in a funny way. If a non-famous person did Carlin's act in public he'd probably be institutionalized or sent to Guantanamo. It was all very UniBomber-esque.
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 8:04 pm

What about George Carlin?
I heard his wife died recently
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 8:32 pm

Lewis Black's stand-up albums (especially the "Luther Performing Arts" or whatever that one's called) are a riot.

I saw George Carlin a year ago and his act was all about death -- I thought it was hilarious, whereas I would say his last couple of specials were funny, but not as fulfilling on repeated listenings like his greatest stuff. His last special before 9/11 is hilarious to listen to post-9/11.

David Cross needs to do another stand-up album. "Shut Up You Fucking Baby" was CLASSIC -- "It's Not Funny" was good, but not the instant classic "SUYFB" was.

The Bill Hicks Estate started a series of complete live performances, putting out Volume 1 about three years ago, but haven't done anymore since. What the fuck?

Richard Belzer's comedy album is about 60% as funny as he really is...I was stoked when i heard he finally put one out, but it's nothing like his act used to be and he was as funny as the best of them at one point. Well, *he's* still funny...
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 9:48 pm

I've seen Lewis twice now and he was definitely not as funny the second time. I still like him and think he's worth watching, though. The title track to the End of the Universe is one of my favorites, where he talks about the Starbucks across the street from the Starbucks.
Posted: Sep 21, 2006 5:16 pm

Dana said the other day "The only thing wrong with Norm MacDonald is, he isn't funny." I always liked him, but I think he's cute more than funny. I did like the social worker show, but obviously not a lot of folks did...

Gilbert Godfried, and George Carlin are both hilarious. I'm glad to hear Lewis Black wasn't as good in person, he came to OSU a few years ago and I was pissed that I missed it. Jon Stewart is my favorite of all time. I used to watch his late night show back in the early 90's every night after working 2nd shift. I always thought they should somehow work "Talk Show Jon" (his "Action Figure" self-Ken doll w/ paper mache Jon Stewart head on it) into the Daily Show...
Posted: Sep 21, 2006 5:19 pm

I saw Lewis Black at the Funny Bone a few years ago and it was HILARIOUS! Now he plays the Palace Theater when he comes here, so I'm glad I caught him when I did.
Posted: Sep 21, 2006 7:30 pm

Dirty Work is my favorite movie ever. Norm is a genius.

<i>"Dirty Work" was a great film.

"hey! sarah!"
"sarah isn't my name"
"yeah i know, you didnt tell me what it was so i just guessed"
</i>

sorry mate, the line is

"Mildred....Mildred...
Oh, hi Mitch, I guess you forgot my name, its Cathy not Mildred.
Actually you never told me so i just guessed."
Posted: Sep 21, 2006 7:33 pm | Edited by: Adam K

The comedy albums is pretty funny! There's a couple of "Dirty Work" references sprinkled in there, and his best stuff (SHOCK) is about homosexuality and whores. The "Man-Hole" song bit is my favorite. Oh yeah, the Superman thing is good too.
Posted: Sep 21, 2006 7:53 pm

I really enjoyed the Norm Show, theres a few clips of it on YouTube.
Posted: Sep 21, 2006 8:11 pm

I remember Norm was on THe Tonight Show with the actress from Melrose Place who was there to plug her new movie she co-starred in with Carrot Top. Jay Leno asked her what it was called and Norm interrupted her before she could answer with "Box Office Poison". She replied that it was called "Chairman of the Board" and Norm goes "Let me guess 'board' is spelled B-O-R-E-D" and it was! Ha! Ha!

Oh man, I remember that. So funny.

I don't know why, but I'm really proud of the fact that Norm was born in Quebec City.
Posted: Sep 21, 2006 8:13 pm | Edited by: razor shines

I remember he kicked everyone's ass on the celeb version of "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire" a few years back, too. He was one question away from a million, but didn't want to answer it because he didn't want to risk losing the $500,000 that was going to charity. They asked him right after what his guess was, and he was right and would have won the million.
Posted: Sep 21, 2006 8:18 pm

I'm proud that my girlfriend's last name is MacDonald. I think that he was the funniest anchorman ever on Weekend Update. That Bert Reynolds on Jeopardy skit was really funny too...
Posted: Sep 21, 2006 8:20 pm

Oh yeah, was he the one that did the voice-over for those Hardee's commercials a few years back?
Posted: Sep 21, 2006 9:37 pm

I think that he was the funniest anchorman ever on Weekend Update.
I'll nominate Tina Fey & Jimmy Fallon as the worst Weekend Update anchors.

Jimmy Fallon just brought a frat boys smarminess to the whole thing. It's occassionally funny when the actors in a skit can't keep a straight face but Jimmy Fallon lost it in every single scene he was in. A total douche bag who had to be the center of attention of every single skit. He's a guy I wouldn't mind pistol whipping.

Tina Fey is just flat out not funny at all. Good riddance to her.

A Norm MacDonald / Collin Quinn team for Weekend Update would make me give a shit about SNL again.
Posted: Sep 21, 2006 11:38 pm

This guy HATES Norm Macdonald...

Posted: Sep 22, 2006 12:02 am | Edited by: Adam K

Saget & Norm on Good Morning America promoting "Dirty Work" (and maybe early-morning substance abuse...):

Posted: Sep 22, 2006 1:11 am

Posted: Sep 22, 2006 8:17 am

Norm get's as funny as Sandler, if you're hi on pot
Posted: Sep 22, 2006 8:23 am

That Bert Reynolds on Jeopardy skit was really funny too...

fuck yeah - one of my favorite Norm MacDonald SNL things
Posted: Sep 22, 2006 3:55 pm

Saget & Norm on Good Morning America promoting "Dirty Work" (and maybe early-morning substance abuse...):

This is great! I like when Norm mentions that Bob made a drama "about his sister who died of a bad disease" and immediately cracks up laughing! Ha! Ha!
Posted: Sep 22, 2006 9:32 pm

as funny as Sandler

I don't find Adam Sandler funny at all... in fact, I pretty much can't stand him.
Posted: Sep 22, 2006 9:41 pm

At least I didn't get half my nose bitten off by a Saigon whore!!
Posted: Sep 22, 2006 10:19 pm

"Hello, real cops?"

ct
Posted: Sep 23, 2006 3:48 am

"..with his new caddie.."
Posted: Sep 23, 2006 5:04 am

the better Chairman of the Bored quote from that interview is "Oh yeah, Carrot Top, or as I like to call him, BOX OFFICE POISON"
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®