Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 1:01 am

If you were toying with the idea of starting a hot dog stand, what would you call it?
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 1:37 am

watch me eat a hot dog

I would not actually sell hot dogs. people would just pay to see me eat them.
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 1:40 am

that sounds very gay.
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 4:44 am

Red Hots and Juice
or look up some vinbtage baseballa facts they must a had some good names, now forgotten for num nums they sell at the ball park.
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 5:41 am

dick kastobs sausage stand
you want the best
you got the best
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 5:51 am

there is actually someone who opened a hot dog restaurant here in memphis and called it doggie style. heheh. i don't know if it's any good or not. someone more adventurous than i should go and report their findings.

i think "the wiener wagon" would be hilarious.
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 6:59 am

Wiener Wonderland
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 9:31 am

dog cabin.
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 11:50 am

Chubby's Tub of Tube Steaks
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 5:03 pm

Theres been a spell of hot dog eateries popping up in the last few years here. The Dogg Haus with multiple, tasty locations, and Frank-N-Steins, a hot dog serving bar with about 100 different bottles of beer built in an old funeral home. An amazing name and idea, but unfortunately a horrible tasting product. You can get a Blatz and a dog for $3 during happy hour though.

My name? The Muswell Hillbilly's Makeshift Hotdoggery and Money Hole.
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 6:11 pm

call it BITE THE WEENIE
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 6:13 pm

go with that "less is more" theme:

Hot Dog Stand

or.... Thee Hot Dog Stand, if you wanna show your colors
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 8:37 pm

don't listen to theresa. she doesn't know anything about "hot dogs".
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 9:51 pm

dirk, of course, knows EVERYTHING about hot dogs.
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 12:35 am

Me and my ex girlfriend jaimee actually had this idea for a hot dog stand that offers gourmet hot dogs, cheap-o late night deep fried food and so on...we priced carts, got the totals on everything we needed including permit wise, had her parents ready to loan us the money for the first cart but got completely shafted by city officials when looking for a permit.
Turns out pittsburgh has totally retarded laws against street vendors.
They have pre determined spots where you can set up and you can only put a bid in on a spot once every 2 years, and all the good spots were taken for the next 5 years.
The only ones left were like basically highway on-ramps and the desolate ghetto.

THEY DON'T APPRECIATE 'EM.

So we gave up.
BOOOOO.
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 2:12 am

Michael Bites!!!
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 5:27 am

Turns out pittsburgh has totally retarded laws against street vendors.
They have pre determined spots where you can set up and you can only put a bid in on a spot once every 2 years, and all the good spots were taken for the next 5 years.

if it makes you feel any better - most big cities have the exact same laws.
my brooklyn roommates did the street vendor thing w/ their BBQ for a year before opening their restaurant. the street vendor laws were so byzantine that they ended up just doing the street fairs - which in nyc, happen just about every weekend somewhere. they too are a scam, run by mafia types and 1 or 2 companies.

if you are still into the idea... it might be the way to go.
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 12:00 pm

There is a food trailer/lunch wagon/roach coach in gentilly(flooded N.O. neighborhood) that I drove by that's called "Heavens Gate Cafe". the name is airbrushed on the side.

I thought that was funny.

street vendor oppurtunities are quite ripe here...permit or not it must be easy al long as you are not in the quarter...luck dog has a life contract with the city for down there. just fire up a grill in a levelled area and feed the fuck out of the laborers.
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 1:49 pm

Hot Beef Injection

The chef where I work just started a "gourmet" hot dog stand in the West Village with Berkshire pork and all sorts of sauces and shit. It's called Dogmatic.
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 8:23 pm

NYers -- on the other side of town from Heir ick's co-worker, there's a guy who operates a hot dog stand Thurs-Sat nites only -- right around Stanton/Orchard just right in the middle of all the clubs (Pianos, Arlenea Grocery, Living Room, etc) --- he's the one who does kim chee dogs n burgers.

check him
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 8:48 pm

yeah brad had to give the guy's hot dog a good workin over to get the recs since he doesn't have any money cause he's too lazy to work. blowin guys fer recs. a new brad x all time low.
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 10:25 pm

DOGGY STYLE
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 10:45 pm

Here in Las Vegas there is already a hot dog place called "Doggy Style".
I'd call my stand "Lips and Assholes".
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 12:40 am

stones pic sleeve 7"s of jumpin jack flash

is this one where they have their faces painted like in the "music video" for that same song?
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 1:48 am

that stones jumpin jack flash cover is cool. its not what i thought it might be, but cool just the same
you can totally see where clash mick jones got his early look - directly from keith!

and brad... you and i have ONE identical record in our collections! i have that beatles rain/paperback writer record too. when i bought it - when it came out, it cost 65 cents! still has the price sticker on the sleeve. so... you got a good deal on that disc, fer sure!

vendor hot dogs should only cost $1
no matter where they are.
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 2:29 am

PHONEY FRANCO FRANKS...
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 11:11 pm

walk the dog
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 11:15 pm

HORN DOG!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®