Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / my mother CANNOT throw anything away
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 1:57 am

she is physically having a tug of war with my sister over a heart shaped wood wall hanging wiht lace around the edges that says "bath $.05" and it used to have a tiny ceramic bathtub on it but ITS BROKEN AND SHE TOOK IT BACK OUT OF THE GARBAGE
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 1:58 am

and my sister, who is super conservative stay at home mom is about to use CURSE WORDS
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 2:02 am

My mother has been dropping shit at my house for YEARS. Most of it ends up in a garage sale.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 2:03 am

like somethin on flavor of love?
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 3:36 am

I'm the same way. I've been saving my nails ever since I was 12. I keep them in matchstick boxes. Lately I've been saving my hair. I plan on spreading it around my apt. ceremonisly every month to become one with the animals. I bet I have 40 pair of jeans. 135 t-shirts. 300 pairs of socks. 150 pair of shoes, boots, and sandles. Lately I've noticed that I have quite the collection of backbacks. I'll be at a garage sale and see a used backback or a pair a shoes. Try it out, it fits, looks good. Bam!! I'll buy it. Yeah, man, I got it bad.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 3:42 am

My family just moved outta state, so my mom was digging through her oldest of old packrat stuff. Last weekend, she showed me a class journal of mine from kindergarten in which I proclaimed my goal of being Captain America when I grew up. I thought it was pretty cool, but kinda unrealistic, 'cause Super-Serum or no, I'm totally fucking afraid of needles.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 4:52 pm | Edited by: Windy

that's nothing - my mom saved some shit wiped on toilet paper once. she put it in a baggie to take to the doctor, brought it home and forgot about it.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 5:04 pm

thanks for the info!
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 5:13 pm

i'm scared i'm going to be like that when i'm old. i have shit from high school too that i just need to get rid of, but i don't know what to do with all of it. i don't really need to keep my old track and cross country plaques and trophies. but i don't really want to just throw them away either. maybe i should just go ahead and part with them.

that and i have entirely too many clothes. i keep thinking about giving some of them away, but i never do anymore because i'm afraid that i'll have a use for them later on, like all my business clothes i only wear for interviews now. i have at least 2 weeks worth of business suits in my closet. i just never ever wear any of them anymore (for the past 4 years at least) since i don't have an office job that requires me to. i also have a serious problem with buying dresses and purses and scarves.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 5:31 pm

I cleaned out my garage last weekend.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 5:43 pm

my dad has a pretty ridiculous junk collection. I will say that it's all functional junk, but still, who needs 50 micrometers? 5 anvils? a large assortment of metal desk fans? the list goes on.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 5:49 pm

My friend's dad has a mountain of screws, nuts, and bolts on the kitchen counter. It's been there since the late 90's.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 5:52 pm

5 anvils?

I did'nt even know poeple needed one anvil! In fact, I thought Wiley Cayote was the only person that ever needed an anvil.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 5:55 pm

you should call "Clean House"
Niecy Nash will tak care of yo mommas azz!
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 6:04 pm

you should call "Clean House"
Niecy Nash will tak care of yo mommas azz!

if she wasn't moving in lass than a month i would. i don't really want to make my mom cry on nat'l tv though. she totally would - it upsets her to throw stuff out
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 6:18 pm

womb raider, if you're dad wants to get rid of any anvils, i would totally take them
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 7:09 pm

if she wasn't moving in lass than a month i would.
what? who is moving?
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 7:11 pm

y'all should count yourselves lucky cuz if your mommas could throw things away y'all would've been tossed in the trash
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 7:45 pm

womb raider, if you're dad wants to get rid of any anvils, i would totally take them You said it. I've been looking for one these since high school. This would be the perfect thing to use to straighten out all those used nails I've been saving over the years. I never see these things at the many garage/estate sales I go to. Mailing one would be out of the question, huh? Probably 60 pounds of solid steel. Is he going to have a sale anytime soon?
My friend's dad has a mountain of screws, nuts, and bolts on the kitchen counter. Guess what? I do to. Yep, that's the single life for 'ya. "Bachelor Living" they call it.
y'all should count yourselves lucky cuz if your mommas could throw things away y'all would've been tossed in the trash This "packrat" disease I have is my mother's fault. My mother is a War baby. A WWII War baby. Back when ALL Americans had to sacrifice for their country. She has 100 bars of soap in the bathroom, 75 toothbrushes, 50 rolls of toilet paper. Her sewing closet has become a sewing room. How many spools of yarn and thread does it take? Never enough. I've never attempted to save my poop, but I guess there's still time.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 8:03 pm

what? who is moving?

mom and dad are buying a house in fartlett
they ordered a POD to store all the shit they are keeping so they can empty the house and try to sell it
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 8:05 pm

I've never attempted to save my poop, but I guess there's still time.

her original intention was fine - show the docotr - one of us, dad, maybe, had blood in his stool, but it was the not eventually throwing it away that killed me
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 8:36 pm | Edited by: Womb Raider

womb raider, if you're dad wants to get rid of any anvils, i would totally take them

see, that's the problem right there! I wouldn't mind having one either but that motherfucker won't part with anything! he's got 5 antique motorcycles in varying states of disrepair that he hasn't worked on in, oh, TWENTY YEARS, but he won't let me have any of them. Had a '64 rambler convertible and was letting it rot & rust for two decades before my mother finally forced him to sell it last year. all of the shit he hoards is awesome, which makes it so much more frustrating than someone who hoards shit like golf clubs and magazines and other junk.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 8:41 pm

I bet the motherfucker's going to be buried with all of it too. I'll fuckin dig it up.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 9:05 pm

Probably 60 pounds of solid steel

How much does an anvil actually weigh?
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 9:10 pm

Posted: Sep 14, 2006 9:14 pm

Despite seeing hours of coyote/roadrunner hijinks I've evidently dramatically underestimated the anvil's practicality as a weapon.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 9:15 pm | Edited by: No Big Thing

Beware inferior Chinese-made anvil shaped objects!
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 9:15 pm

POD

prison of destruction?

and how come no one tells me this shit?
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 9:30 pm

I think it's PODS

Portable On Demand Storage. It's a big ass box to put your shit in.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 9:32 pm

oh.
i would set the house on fire and buy a new one with the money...but wait...dad doesn't believe in insurance except for his motorhome
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 9:08 pm

they got the PODS but haven't gotten much farther. so far the whole house is tore up and the only thing in the pods is a mattress and box spring and a dresser w/ no drawers. also, the didn't bother closing the door to it.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 9:41 pm

My mom was the opposite of packrat. I used to get pissed cause she would occasionally throw away my clothes. Not because they had something offensive on them or anything, but because they they'd be old and worn out, like that meant they were broken and unusable or something.

I'm worse though, I compulsively lose everything I own. My clothes disappear constantly. Always have. Now that I don't live with my parents though, I have no idea where it is they disappear too. It's the worst when it's new clothes. I've also on several occasions literally lost virtually everything I owned starting when I was thirteen and moved back to the states from Russia. All I had with me was my electric guitar and a couple pair of clothes. The last three times I've lived out of a vehicle I've gotten the vehicles towed away with everything I've owned in them and the vehicles have been destroyed, presumably with everything still in them (guitars, amps, drumsets, clothes, televisions, stereos, record collections etc...). I've learned to not become too attached to anything, which is probably why it's been a couple of years now since I've had a relationship that lasted more than an evening or two.

I don't even know how to get back to stability, or if that's even something I'm interested in. There was a time though when I lived in nice places and had lots of nice things that I payed for with jobs that I kept for extended periods of time. Seems like a lifetime ago now.
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 5:23 am

50 micrometers? 5 anvils? a large assortment of metal desk fans? the list goes on.

At that point, they call it a "collection" and its no longer junk....
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 6:27 am

My moms threw out some crap I had; 78's by some guy named Robert Johnson and some dumb punk records by a band called The Eat. Who cares though? I wanna get one of them Ipods.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®