Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Toto's guitarist doesn't give a fuck about u
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 10:26 pm

... guitarist Steve Lukather, who has sessioned for everyone from Herb Alpert to Joni Mitchell to Warren Zevon.

"People still come out and see us," the singer and guitarist said. "It may not be the hip place to be seen, but I love that fact. People either like us or they don't. At this point, I don't really care. They pay me to play the guitar. I have a couple of kids and a hot wife and I make a bunch of money."
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 10:27 pm

success!!!
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 10:29 pm

is he the real dirk diggler?
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 10:56 pm

He sounds more like Chest Rockwell: "I'll fuck on my own time."
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 2:29 pm

That makes us even....I don't give a fuck about him either.....
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 2:51 pm

hey that guy seems pretty cool!!!
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 3:37 pm

Is that the Asian kid or the old Mexican dude? I always get MOTO and TOTO mixed up.
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 3:42 pm

isn't Toto one of the bands that, like Spinal Tap, had a member die in a bizzarre gardening accident? guy was spraying weeds and gassed himself. or am i thinking of some other band?
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 3:43 pm

Send him back to Africa!!! Ha, ha!

Whatta (fret)wanker, Toto have gotta be one of THE lamest bands ever ...
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 8:35 pm

The Asian kid with the dorko 80's glasses played bongos. Here they are, in all their soft rock glory for all their fans with a 70's mellow hangover. One of these guys nailed Rosanna Arquette and wrote a song about it.

Posted: Sep 7, 2006 8:42 pm

isn't Toto one of the bands that, like Spinal Tap, had a member die in a bizzarre gardening accident? guy was spraying weeds and gassed himself. or am i thinking of some other band?

actually it was cocaine. but yeah.
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 8:54 pm

He was spraying his weeds with cocaine?!?
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 9:06 pm

what does cocaine do to weeds?
does it have herbacidal tendencies?
would it be an endemic or a systemic hebacide?
this is gonna keep me thinking for a few days...
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 9:11 pm

does it have herbacidal tendencies?

That'd almost make a great name for a Suicidal Tendencies cover band, Herbacidal Tendancies.
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 9:16 pm

He was spraying his weeds with cocaine?!?

That's when you know you're rich...
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 9:17 pm

he was really high/buzzed on coke when he croaked... that's all i know - it was the big scuttle-butt amongst people who booked studio players in LA at the time
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 9:29 pm

talking about Jeff Pocaro?
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 12:38 am

Posted: Sep 8, 2006 4:29 am

Look! You message board geeks have no right to judge me, I have paid my dues to ROCK AND ROLL!
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 5:49 am

Herbacidal Tendancies.

Heeee Haawwww!
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 5:53 am

what does cocaine do to weeds?

If you sprinkle a little cocanie on your weed it...Oh, that's not what you meant. Nevermind.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 4:27 pm

A memorial concert took place at the Universal Amphitheater in Los Angeles on December 14th, with an all-star line up that included Boz Scaggs
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 9:42 pm

A re-creation via Yacht Rock will help refresh the Toto days of yore:
http://www.channel101.com/shows/view.php?media_id=1412
Posted: Sep 11, 2006 7:16 am

And Jeff was the one that died. The music business is so unfair.
Lesson learned. Don't ever go gardening jacked up Coke."People still come out and see us," the singer and guitarist said. "It may not be the hip place to be seen, but I love that fact. People either like us or they don't. At this point, I don't really care. They pay me to play the guitar. I have a couple of kids and a hot wife and I make a bunch of money."
This should be the only reason to start up a band.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®