Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Bush on The Couch
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 6:08 am

What a great name for a book!
But, it's not about getting laid on your sofa.
It's a psychological profile of W. Anyone else read this?
It goes into great detail about Bush's baby sister dying when she was 3 and they had no funeral and were playing golf the next day. And, no one was allowed to talk about it. And Barbara Bush's hair turned grey in a matter of months when she was still in her early thirties!
Little George proceeded to react by sticking firecrackers in frogs mouths and blowing them up. It's really sad, and scary and fascinating all at the same time.
I recommend this book to anyone that likes reading psych oriented stuff.
It explains a lot.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 6:15 am

Randy Rhodes was talking about this on her show one day. That's a fucked-up way to deal with a death in the family. Wasps are scarey. No funeral and playing golf the next day?
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 6:19 am

Yeah, I think she died in New England with her parents.
George Sr. and Barbara had a small memorial with a minister the next day then hit the links.
Then they flew home and told George about it. George was 8 or 9. He had no idea why his parents had left and didn't even know that his sister dying was an option. They had no funeral. It was over. No one talked about it.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 12:46 pm

I'd like to know what event preceded the shocking Barbara's hair...or are you saying it was after this death?
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 8:09 pm

Yeah, according to the book, she repressed all thought and talk of the deceased daughter, and went grey pretty darn quick.
W literally watched his mother's hair turn grey over a matter of months.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 8:22 pm

Little George proceeded to react by sticking firecrackers in frogs mouths and blowing them up.

uh, isn't this a classic serial killer sympton?
somebody back me up here.....
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 8:35 pm

scariest: Randy Rhodes!
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 8:47 pm

I'm surprised they even told him he had a sister. No one in that family seems connected to each other.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 9:06 pm

they didn't tell him b/c he's a corpse fucker, silly!
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 9:14 pm

uh, isn't this a classic serial killer sympton?

I've heard cruelty to animals is a common sign of potential serial killers also...
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 9:21 pm

I wonder if he pissed his pants past age 4.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 9:25 pm

No one in that family seems connected to each other.

except for King George and the brothers, W and Jeb.... Jeb fixing FLA for Jr.
Is Jeb next in line for the throne?

Can someone stick firecrackers in W's mouth? Please?
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 10:04 pm

I've heard cruelty to animals is a common sign of potential serial killers also...

It is, but that's taking the idea pretty far out. The vast majority of kids who kill small animals don't become killers, just fucked up wifebeaters and generally abusive people.
You know a serial killer when you see a progression from small animals to larger ones combined with an increasing interest in more elaborate methods. Arsonist tendencies, fear of women and (not kidding) a lisp are also usually in evidence.
Dudn't anyone here have the "Encyclopedia of Serial Killers"?
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 10:09 pm

I'd love to read that book. If for no other reason than to figure out how Babs Bush justifies in her own mind saying something like "The refugees from New Orleans should be happy in the Astrodome. These are better accomodations than most of them had at home." ...or whatever the fuck that insensitive cunt had to say. Pardon the use of the "c" word y'all.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 10:48 pm

Anyone ever see that picture of George HW Bush on the couch with Noriega and their shoes are off and they look high as fuck?

Here's a shot from the same sequence but you can't see it real well (scroll down)...

http://www.treasoninc.com/WarCrimes.html
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 10:53 pm

No one in that family seems connected to each other.

I meant that more in the psychological, deeper familial sense--sure, they all seem to connect politically, but otherwise there is big distance. Apparently W and his pops barely talk and Clinton has been invited to hang out up in Maine more than W.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 11:08 pm

Red Eyed Willie,
Barbara Bush's quotes get worse.
She told Diane Sawyer:

"I don't watch the news coverage of the war. Why should I trouble my beautiful mind with images of bodybags."
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 11:15 pm

I forgot to say, that it's understandable to avoid those images, that is

UNLESS YOUR SON STARTED THE WAR!
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 11:27 pm

If it were one of her worthless fucking sons in the bodybag maybe she'd start to get it. Then again, maybe not.
These are just the most detestable assholes. I'm ashamed of the stupidity of all Americans who would let these people call the shots. It's unbelievable sometimes.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 11:28 pm

Hey. At least they're keeping the gays from getting married. That was the big issue, right?
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 11:31 pm

Oh, and they kept that veteran from being commander-in-chief. That would have been stupid to have someone who actually served and fought to be in charge of the military. Regardless of his combat experience or medals...
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 11:38 pm

It is, but that's taking the idea pretty far out. The vast majority of kids who kill small animals don't become killers,

This thread is so weird to me...Bush loather extraordaire.
My grandma went grey in much the same way. In her thirties...whole head silver in about six months. Well, she did have to raise my mother, and her 20 something boychild was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and her husband was close to dying.
My brother and stepbrothers used to do the fire cracker in frogs mouths things. Also, they'd beat them with bullwhips. This was out in the country, and in the poor inner city.

Shit, I'll stop now as I'm becoming Flannery O'Conner. Only thing I'm saying is...I guess he's more Southern fucked up than even I thought. Woe is us that someone like my brother is leading the country.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 11:42 pm

And another thing. Stop blaming the family. When Grandpa Bush was funding the Nazis, he was just looking out for the best intrests of our country. I mean, the Americans that really matter, right?
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 12:20 am

Yale must be fucked up.
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 12:25 am

Yale is probably as easy as any bottom-rung state college if you have the bread to pay the nerds to do your homework so you have time to coke it up and party waiting to be knighted president one day.
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 12:26 am

skull and crossbones/yale/good ole boy network/CIA/nazis....
only thing missing from the bush family legacy is the Mafia...
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 12:33 am

Don't be so sure. I'm sure ol' Prescott Bush had some similar investments to those of Joseph Kennedy; liquor smuggling, narcotics, etc.
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 12:33 am

...indirectly at least.
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 12:46 am

http://myspace.com/toddsnider

You Got Away With It is a pretty cool song.
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 12:58 am

Have you seen the documentary "Born Rich"? It has interviews with various heirs and heiresses (young and current) and this one jackass laughingly and somewhat embarrassingly explains how he "couldn't even get kicked out" (it was Yale or Princeton or Brown...can't recall) even when he was failing and not going to class because of his families' huge endowment and history at the school.
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 1:39 am

Hahahah! Todd Snider, the former Memphian!
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 1:46 am

water dweller huh...
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 1:51 am

I had never heard of him until I heard that song about two weeks ago. He seems alright from his myspace, but that song is great. Is he worth investigating?
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 2:07 am

Yeah, he was a local staple for a while. Didn't know he moved off to Nashville. Typically of the singer/songwriter/acoustic genre, but good. He opened for Willie Nelson when he played for free at U of Mem. Good guy, makes funny songs about frat dudes. I got an old CD somewhere...
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 2:12 am

Minor hit...Beer Run.
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 2:32 am

Beer Run=Hillarious.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®