Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Name your nursing home/retirement center.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:55 pm

Alzheimers Alley
next?
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 10:03 pm

I'm going to retire in a four-star nursing home. The Incontinence Continental...
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 10:04 pm

The Stoma Station
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 10:06 pm

Lord Fletcher's Flatliners...
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 12:27 am

The Cotton-top Co-op
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 12:41 am

The Bedpan and Breakfast.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 2:33 am

Ha Ha ,real funny. That shit eating grin will get wiped off your face really quick when you actually have to deal with putting your parents in one of these damn places .
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 2:36 am

lord altons palace of respite

or

skinny joes discount retirement center

depends on my retirement benefits.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 2:39 am

Old Cat Lady Trailer Park
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 4:14 am

under the bridge
with the rest of the trolls
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 4:26 am

Franklin County Landfill
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 7:55 am

My family had been trying to get my grandfather into one these places for a couple of years. Everyone got pissed when I told them that they should grow some nuts and kill him if that's how they felt. I knew my grandfather, and I knew that he was the type that would want to be put out of his misery if the time came. Finally my father admitted that he had promised him that he'd take him out he ever got to the point that he was in. I knew it without his admission, because my father had made me promise the same thing. I was very seriously consindering taking the matters into my own hands and taking the man out myself so he could have some dignity. Then they finally got him into a home. The next morning he was in the hospital, I visited him and it was probably the single most disturbing thing I'd ever seen in my life. The man couldn't breathe, they were doing it for him. That went completely against his wishes. I wanted to yank the plugs out of the wall, but there were nurses coming in and out. He looked desperate and empty. He couldn't talk but his eyes pleaded with me, while the rest of his face only expressed confusion and pain. I walked out and I cried. Everyone talked about how they thought he'd pull through. I thought "for what?" and I told them as much and I got more dirty looks. Finally he won out and was able to shut his body down despite the machines that pumped him full of the vacant, dead life that left him choking and drowning.

It was all very sick. Completely selfish. The man gave his children life and they couldn't even show him respect by easing him out of life with their love and help.

Convalescent homes are a lazy out for those who don't find it convenient to love and respect their parents anymore. Unfortunately, they're a reality of life, and chances are, by the time my father reaches the point my grandfather was in then, I'll too have lost the nerve to do what's right, what I've promised, only, I doubt that either me or my father will have the finances to pawn him off on someone else to die, so I'll likely have to watch the shit happen right before my eyes in my own home.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 8:59 am

Colostemy Heights
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 3:04 pm

Nicely put, Mr. Banned. I hope I have the faculties left to rid myself when the time comes, rather than suffer the indignity and pain of a medically sustained existence. Ain't life grand.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 7:17 pm

the leasure/seizure center
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 7:20 pm

the Denture Inn/Out

the Puree Cafe
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 10:23 pm

The Over the Hill Gang Assisted Living Center

The Over the Hill Gang Assisted Living Centre (Canadian Branch)
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 10:39 pm

banned - think you might appreciate this particular piece of non fiction filmwork

http://www.pbs.org/pov/pov2005/theselfmademan/index.html
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 11:03 pm

Park And Sons
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 11:15 pm

Goner Retirement Home?
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 11:33 pm

Thanks for the link Theresa. Everytime I think of that look on my grandfather's face, like he was drowning in air it unleashes all sorts of ugly shit in my head. It makes me hate the people I love for doing that to him. I can't put into the words the look in his eyes, it was so desperate, like they were looking deep inside me and screaming "kill me, please, if you love me, just kill me now" but his face just looked so confused, like "why is this happening, what did I do to deserve this" mixed with a complete lack of understanding of what was happening to him. He was gone completely, all that was left was suffering. That my family let him go through that, well, it's hard for me to forgive. Everytime I think of that, it makes me want to hold them underwater and look them in the eyes until I see them make that same face... and I love my family.

The fact that I could have been put in prison for killing my grandfather is one thing. That's evil on a level that is beyond my comprehension, and I've explored some very dark corners of life. What's worse however is the social framework that could suggest that someone who loves and cares about another person does not have the responsibility to take them from life with love and dignity.

I've always thought it was disgusting when people take animals to shelters. I think people should always be responsible for euthanizing their pets themselves. Anyone that doesn't is worse than lazy, they have no right to have that kind of power over another life to begin with. It's all so far beyond cruelty, it's sadistic.

If you love a person, you have a moral obligation to them to do the right thing no matter how painful it may be for you. Better that it does hurt, that's the safety mechanism. It shouldn't be fun to kill something you love, it should be a psychologically heavy experience, but that doesn't mean that it has to debilitate you. People who can't deal with that kind of trauma should probably never have been allowed to live in the first place, they're too weak for life.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 1:50 am

wheelchair full of old men rec centre
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 4:01 am

Titanium Hip Action Club

But I prefer being pushed out to sea on a Hawaiian Punch Raft
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 10:13 pm

Huv-r-round Heights.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 10:32 pm

^^winner^^^
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 10:44 pm

The Farm.
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 7:25 pm

The Bathroom Of The Old Country Buffet
Cracker Barrell Manor
Hip Set
24/7 Grey Panther Party

And playing one night only, Jayce And The Wheeled Warriors!
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 7:28 pm

Th One Foot Inn
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 1:29 am

Depends!
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 6:41 pm

Crocodile Cave for the Elderly and Aboriginee.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®