Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / who all is going to g-fest III?
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 11:29 pm

theres a few of us here in Utah toying with the idea
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 11:31 pm

you know you want to!
come on down!

i'm gonna be there (like that's an inducement)
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 11:33 pm | Edited by: deadcityrebel

you know you want to!

we po.

its mainly my bandmates and angus scrimm
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 11:46 pm

If me and Lin Skinner keep up our street corner performances, I might be able to buy some lunches for us all.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 12:23 am

You won't regret it. Come on down!
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 12:30 am

Maybe.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 12:39 am

I'm going. My parents recently moved to eastern TN, so I'm going to visit them, and then going for a road trip to Memphis.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 12:43 am

I'm goin
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 12:49 am | Edited by: Womb Raider

I hope it's like Gutfest '89.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 12:56 am

Looks like, but it's not on a lake.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 4:15 am

me no go
it gettin' too trendy
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 4:21 am

I'm there! I'm trendy! I do what the crowd tells me to do! I love it!

And this year,(to be extra gay), name tags hafta be required. Last time, I was the only one dumb enough to wear one. No one else did. So I started passing out 'hello my name is dtrain' to everybody and then everybody was wearin em! Don't make me do it again! Name tags people! Rules! Regement!

HEE=HAWW!
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 4:32 am

me no go
it gettin' too trendy

So, the bums of the NW are talking about it?
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 4:36 am

i am going to wear a name tag that says "hello my name is dtrain"
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 5:01 am

i'm in! of course, i live a few blocks from the hi tone and the bucc, so it's easy for me to get there.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 5:03 am

everyone will be doin' it! MY NAME IS DTRAIN is the passport to gonerfest fun!

we're beyond last year's pace on 3-day tickets sold, it's gonna be ROCKIN!
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 5:49 am

I'm hoping to be able to go. It all depends on $$... I'm working on it!
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 6:07 am

Eric O,

There will, of course, be a media tent with high-speed internet, seafood buffet and complimentary swedish massage, right?
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 6:07 am

Angus Srimm! for those playing along at home, at a little over six feet tall i was a fair bit taller than the "Tall Man" when i met him - kind of a let down.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 6:29 am

I got your massage buddy...
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 8:02 am

So, the bums of the NW are talking about it?
some of the slack & mooch crowd wanna go to Vegas for the Easter Rockabilly Rumble, so they is saving up cause the Gold Coast is already booked and the Rio wants $130 - $140 per night, the Orleans isn't too far behind.

I was hopin some vegas musical action was the haps before the nfl season ends..
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 8:14 am

havent even been able to afford trash pickup for 2 months

huh? do you guys have to pay for trash pickup???
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 8:57 am

Like to, even just to see The Final Solutions, but Black Lips and Nomeansno here and that's two parts of my body I like satisfy and the wallet ain't one of 'em. One o' these years.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:02 am

do you guys have to pay for trash pickup???

i thought everyone did.... if you live in an apt. building, your landlord pays it
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:29 am

wait, in fact we have to buy the rubbish bags which means we pay for our garbage too - oh well...

Garbage Rock - HALO OF FLIES
Garbage Man - THE CRAMPS
Garbage Man Blues - MILTON BROWN
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 3:30 pm

Angus Srimm! for those playing along at home, at a little over six feet tall i was a fair bit taller than the "Tall Man" when i met him - kind of a let down.

don't mean to disappoint you BOYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 7:26 pm

DCR, you must go if only so i can give you your blackout poster and dutchess t-shirt.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 7:29 pm

Woah... Dutchess t-shirt? Do you have a list of shirts and prices?
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 7:34 pm

There will, of course, be a media tent with high-speed internet, seafood buffet and complimentary swedish massage, right?

But of course!
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 7:37 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

Its between the New Age Jazz and Gospel Tents
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 7:46 pm

Woah... Dutchess t-shirt? Do you have a list of shirts and prices?

I think you've got one coming your way too.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 7:51 pm

The wife and I will be attending and performing. There's a whole gaggle of SF/Oakland people going. I plan on eating my weight in pork that weekend.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 7:56 pm

Hey Hugh Jass...you been to Target lately and seen the Wacky Packages boxer shorts???? I got Dr. Pooper.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 8:44 pm

Hey Hugh Jass...you been to Target lately and seen the Wacky Packages boxer shorts???? I got Dr. Pooper.
Whaaa?! I'm going to check those out this weekend for sure. If they have have Blisterine, I'm getting 12 pair.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 8:48 pm

the rest of them kinda sucked...at least that they had at the store...

http://www.wackypackages2005.com/wacky-packs/merchandise/boxers/DrPoop er-boxers.htm
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:01 pm

lots of awesome ladies from sf are going to goner fest this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eating thrifting dancing probably boozing maybe flirting
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:20 pm

Do they have Wack Package t-shirts at Target? Man, I hope so.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 1:57 am | Edited by: Petey

I was hoping to go, but dammit - flights to memphis cost too much for me right now and some good friends are getting married that weekend. next year I guess.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 3:32 am

Too bad, Petey... But me an' leftpeg'll be there- Portland represent!
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 3:34 am

Shit, Petey.

leftpeg's comin' too?
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 6:20 am

Don't it say so up there?
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 6:25 am

How many you got, Joe, I may have room after all if'n you don't mind childrens.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 5:22 pm

lots of awesome ladies from sf are going to goner fest this year!

Count me in (not that I'm "aweseome", just that I'm going this year)! Got my 3-day pass and tix for the 1 PM Sun tour. It's on, mother effers. Me = eating (BBQ, fried chicken, tang pie, etc.), dancing (with wild abandon) and boozing (like it's an Olympic event).

If we were drivin' from SF, we'd gladly make it a wagon train and pick up everybody who needs a ride along the way. Sadly, we don't have enough days off work to drive the 2,100 miles and back!!
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 5:40 pm

tang pie
Gina, what's tang pie- or is it something not discussed in mixed company?
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 5:53 pm

Tang pie is the best thing ever!!! (Thank you, Scott Rogers for your kind introduction to this king of pies.) It's like a lemon icebox pie (not baked), but it's orange flavored. It tastes like TANG, the orange-flavored astronaut drink. The nice lady at Big John's Shake Shack in Marion, AK makes it. She also makes a mean hot fudge pie. I have pictures.

Wait a minute... ALL of this sounds like it's not for discussion in mixed company, doesn't it?
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 6:42 pm

Big John's Shake Shack in Marion, AK

Oops. Typo. The Shake Shack's in Arkansas (near West Memphis), not Alaska. Forgive me, I have a Radio Birdman hangover this morning.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 10:15 pm

Can't wait...can't freakin wait to get to the big M!
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 10:17 pm

if i can talk g'ma into it i may have an avail bedroom.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 10:33 pm

Avail is playin in your bedroom? wtf?
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 12:03 am

I was hoping to go, but dammit - flights to memphis cost too much for me right now

Yeah, I think there are others in Portland who couldn't go for the same reason. Such a pain in the ass to get most places by plane from here. Sorry you won't be there.

Joe, where are you going to be coming from on your road trip just before you get to Memphis?
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 12:18 am

Check out flights to Little Rock and Nashville. Both places are usually a bit cheaper than Memphis. Of course then you'll need to rent a car.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 12:30 am

Too true, Scott. The price jump is incredible. Flights to Nashville are about half what it costs to go to Memphis.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 6:59 am

I'm gonna be coming from, uh... Savannah? I think. Savannah, across northern Alabama, to Memphis.

Jack- It's just me- I'm a lone wolf, motherfuckers!

(I do have room for one {maybe two- it'd be tight, though} if anyone needs a ride from the eastern seaboard, and is willing to kind of take their time on the drive.)
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 7:26 am

i can't believe that scott actually believes me on that nashville flight thing. thank you scott.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 9:25 am

can't believe that scott actually believes me on that nashville flight thing.
Dude, in Memphis, that's a well known fact. It's cheaper fromalmost any other terminal than Memphis. Hooray. We're a NW hub. Expensive.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 9:32 am

Joe, I got room for you and leftpeg.

There's gonna be kids, though.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 9:48 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

However, if Bazooka Joe and Xteene are coming down, your asses are getting kicked back to a tent in my backyard.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 12:21 pm

It tastes like TANG,

Tang is gooooooooodddd
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 4:18 pm

I don't mind kids, man.

Elle said she might be able to hook it up, too. I don't wanna put anyone out more'n I have to.

And a tent's cool with me.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 6:43 pm

I'm gonna be there! I'm gonna be freakin!!!!
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 6:48 pm

I'm gonna be there!
woohoo!!
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 1:03 am

Tang is gooooooooodddd

I think I can chalk up about 4 of my cavities to Tang...
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 1:16 am

tang in itself is a cavity
Posted: Sep 5, 2006 6:28 pm

DCR, you must go if only so i can give you your blackout poster and dutchess t-shirt.
ah yes, the deal is sealed.
now i just need to buy tix.
any 3-day passes left?
Posted: Sep 5, 2006 7:17 pm

I nearly bought a VOX Jaguar on ebay last night that was mere miles from you... and I should have too...the fucking thing sold for 250.00
Posted: Sep 5, 2006 7:46 pm

shoulda.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®