Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / red kross
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 8:30 pm | Edited by: grosso

any recommendations? i really like the song "bubblegum factory"
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 8:56 pm

Neurotica, Third Eye. Phaseshifter is one of the best rock records of the 90's.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 9:00 pm | Edited by: red eyed willie

"I wanna see where love is made"

Don't forget the EP "2500 Redd Kross Fans Can't be Wrong".
Very Phaseshifteresque.

I just saw 'em at the Sunset Junction thing in L.A. last weekend.
They were completely kick ass but only allowed to play a short set.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 9:01 pm

I like "Born Innocent" the best.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 9:08 pm

First 45 w/ "Annette's Got the Hits," the all-covers "Teen Babes from Monsanto" and "Born Innocent." They lose the snarl, gain some gloss and become progressively more saccharine after that. I was never a fan of "Neurotica," and I have tried over and over again to like that LP. The re-recorded version of "Tatum O'Tot" sucks fucking dick.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 9:09 pm | Edited by: cthort

Got 'em all, love 'em all.

Figured Grosso would like the later stuff if he/she liked the ultra-produced "Factory."
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 9:21 pm

There's good stuff on each of their records.
In fact, I think the "last" one (Show World) is kinda underrated. Like it better than Third Eye, anyway.
Aren't they working on another record?
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 9:26 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Ditto on Born Innocent.

And, ooh yeah, Teen Babes has some good ones too!!!!
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 10:22 pm

First three albums are all great, and I didn't like Neurotica for a long time but then it finally made sense. "Peach Kelli Pop" and "Frosted Flake" are two of the best RK songs for sure. It doesn't hurt to watch Desperate Teenage Lovedolls a bunch of times, too. One of the best films ever!
Didn't the re-take of Tatum O'Tot come out on that bootleg 7" with Rich Brat, etc? It's not on Neurotica, but the re-recorded version of Linda Blair on Teen Babes is pretty deplorable. Actually, I didn't like Born Innocent for a few years after I got it either. It all just makes more sense the more you listen to it. Then it's hard to believe how you lived without it. VoT article with videos here: http://www.victimoftime.com/articles/redd-kross-ready-get-neurotic/
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 11:27 pm

I got Neurotica, and I'd prolly really like it if the production/mixing sounded different. Maybe I should try some of the other stuff mentioned above
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 12:54 am

Neurotica

Produced by Tommy Ramone

I really can't say enough nice things about Phaseshifter.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 1:04 am

Produced by Tommy Ramone

That's hilarious cause it's the drum sound in particular that annoys me
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 7:08 am

I could be totally offbase, but didn't one of the Redd Ckross bruders re-reocord (or claim they were going to re-record) an entire White Stripes LP? Somebody sent me a link to this once, I swear....

Born Innocent
Annette's Got The Hitz
all good.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 7:15 am

I could be totally offbase, but didn't one of the Redd Ckross bruders re-reocord (or claim they were going to re-record) an entire White Stripes LP?

i remember hearing the same thing.... and they added bass, right?
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 7:17 am

http://www.reddkross.com/

It's not your imagination...
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 1:06 pm

The best album is "Born Innocent" for sure, but their stuff on the "Desperate Teenage Lovedolls" soundtrack is fucking AMAZING. Mostly covers, but "Ballad of a Lovedoll" and "Legend (Come On Up To Me)" and "Out of Focus" fucking rock. I was hoping the "Teen Babes..." stuff I downloaded would be more like the DTL soundtrack stuff, but its not quite the same. Same Power Pop meets Punk kind of sound, but the Lovedolls soundtrack stuff is SLIGHTLY better. If "Teen Babes..." had "Ballad of a Lovedoll" (the original version) and "Legend" on it, it would be their best album. I've got to get Sympathy's re-issue of the Lovedolls soundtrack ASAP.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 9:18 pm | Edited by: red eyed willie

"Born Innocent" is great, but I don't think of that record as being the same band, really. At first they were like Adolescents II, then later they became the best power pop band still playing. That's my take anyway.
Viva "Neurotica"!
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 9:20 pm

"Tater Comes Alive"?
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 9:29 pm

http://www.reddkross.com/

wow, Roy looks like the dance of the living dead
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 3:17 pm

Born Innocent, Annette's got the hits and the bootleg 45 with Rich Brat are all awesome.

Kill someone you hate!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®