Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / BEAT BEAT BEAT are gonna be HUGE!
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:07 am

i've listened to their myspace songs about 50 times tonight. go dirtnap and alien snatch! awesome!

i'm gonna go listen again before i head to daddy's.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:31 am

when is the lp coming out..
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:40 am

alien "daniel" snatch is a kraut faggot
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:59 am

they look cute.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:02 am

There are many deserving bands that don't get their due & plenty of shitty bands that sleep on a bed of money.

Best to them.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:17 am

being huge aint so great

Is that what she tells you?
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:18 am

being huge aint so great

They're talking in a popularity sense, not physically.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:30 am

Frantic!
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:13 am

the Carbonas were better live than Beat Beat Beat (and Shark Pants blew em both away)
those songs are pretty fun to listen to though
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:19 am

Beat Beat Beat dress cool. That's why I added em on myspace. I can't hear them... I got a slow connection. Who cares? Give em' five million buxx.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:59 am

no shit dick tracy

Well what experience do you have being huge in popularity?
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 7:01 am

Jeena yous outta your mind...
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 7:02 am

Fuck Alien Snatch .. I asked for 10-15 free copies of the Baseball Furries 7" that he put out that had a Reatards cover on it and he told me "you are lucky someome coverd your song and lucky I did the press work to out out a record that has a cover of yours on it "

Fuck that dick head
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 2:42 pm

Fuck Alien Snatch .. I asked for 10-15 free copies of the Baseball Furries 7" that he put out that had a Reatards cover on it and he told me "you are lucky someome coverd your song and lucky I did the press work to out out a record that has a cover of yours on it " Fuck that dick head

hmmm, well what can i say? people run their businesses the way they do. we love him. every time harry and I broke up on tour--and even shane couldn't make us work it out-- daniel would settle it all. and for that we owe him for a really, really good time--twice. this time he's not riding shotgun and i'm actually quite terrified. but so it is.

as for beat beat beat, they're not good live? well, they got pick it up! do more drugs! whatever it takes, because those songs are great.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 3:27 pm | Edited by: alix

MORE drugs for BBB... hmmm, that doesn't sound like a good idea
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 3:27 pm

Beat Beat Beat = gonna be huge? You are out of your fucking mind. They a no frills, no originality crusty punk band. I'm pretty sure there's a million just like 'em, so why do these dudes stand out? Cuz they have a catchy song? I'm pretty fucking disturbed right now.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 3:31 pm

They look pretty good in kiddy pools though.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 3:49 pm

hmmm, well what can i say? people run their businesses the way they do

I guess some run it LIKE FUCKING ASSHOLES, I don't think it's business as usual to BANK SOME CASH off other people's music...
DID you give persmission to let them use the cover on the single?

BEat Beat Beat are smelly druggy lookin guys, ya hoo for them.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:05 pm

i cant wait to go back to germany so i can destroy that alien to snatch motherfucker
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:09 pm

Is there anything good on that label?
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:13 pm

Beat Beat Beat = gonna be huge? You are out of your fucking mind.

I agree... granted I saw them about a year and a half ago, but they were totally underwhelming.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:14 pm

They have no point! What do they do? I have no idea.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:14 pm

that Turpentine Brothers 7" is good...but, they're my homies, so I'm a little biased.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:15 pm

s there anything good on that label?

MGGP, Ghetto Ways, Mojomatics, Baseball Furies, Real Losers etc. etc.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:20 pm

i cant wait to go back to germany so i can destroy that alien to snatch motherfucker

jesus christ. the animosity is palpable. i'm out of this.

as for beat beat beat: as usual, i'm late to the party, and you all say the party is a drag. i'll check them out when they come 'round here and see for myself.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:21 pm

crazy jenna is such a musical loser. she never knows what is cool. or good. just listen to her shitty band. on second thought don't bother. go away crazy jenna. this is our community!!! an we're united by hatin you!!!
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:23 pm

I don't hate Jenna.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:25 pm

Jenna = Jesus!
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:27 pm

s there anything good on that label?

MGGP, Ghetto Ways, Mojomatics, Baseball Furies, Real Losers etc. etc.

okay, I like two of those bands.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:28 pm

That's more than most labels
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:28 pm

as for beat beat beat: as usual, i'm late to the party, and you all say the party is a drag.

Don't worry, most of the Goner board residents think they're the best thing ever too. That's why I never leave my apartment.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:30 pm

nothing new here...

sound like cuts/time flys/humpers/stitches all rolled into one
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:33 pm

That's why I never leave my apartment.

I thought it was because of the tether.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:34 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

nothing new here...

sound like cuts

Huh? The Cuts I heard sounded like quality 70's songwriter rock. Comlpicated but very easy to listen to. Not an ounce of punk in 'em.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:35 pm

tether.

what the fuck is that?
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:44 pm

I'm pretty sure they put out a BBQ album too.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:52 pm

nastylisa is not a part of our community. go away!!!
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:55 pm

Humpers/Stitches sure, but nothing like Cuts or Time Flys.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:55 pm

Yeah, Daniel put out the first BBQ LP. And a Teenage Rejects 45.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:59 pm

You gotta know the right peeps to be popular in DA SCEEENE.

I don't care, I gotta fucking huge gyro to eat at work today.

Food>Scene Points.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:01 pm

todd trickknee is not part of our community. he's terminally gay. go away!!!
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:02 pm

You gotta know the right peeps to be popular in DA SCEEENE.

what's that got to do with anything? I thought we were talking about Beat 3 becoming huge?
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:16 pm

Humpers/Stitches sure, but nothing like Cuts or Time Flys

'm not sayin' they sound exactly like them, just the 'feel' of it.

B3 will be huge in their little neck of the woods, not in the wide sense
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:22 pm

Beat Beat Beat = gonna be huge? You are out of your fucking mind.

I agree. Carbonas are better, other bands are better. But BBB aren't shitty, they just ain't got the same potential as other bands with similar sounds.

B3 will be huge in their little neck of the woods, not in the wide sense

and i don't know about that either, ATL's punk scene is a small insectuous thing. it's a fuckin rad time, but not big enough to make any band huge just here.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:27 pm

But BBB aren't shitty, they just ain't got the same potential as other bands with similar sounds.

They're just a punk band. Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:28 pm

I hate "communities." Every time I see "how many of you Goners blah blah blah" in a subject line I want to firebomb the world.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:29 pm

Punk rules!
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:32 pm

That Hot Pockets lp on Alien Snatch is a damn good record too.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:33 pm

Punk rules!

I disagree.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:42 pm

i guess its settled then.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:57 pm

Alien Snatch doesn't even send the bands copies of the dam records, and that logo looks worse that my asshole after some hot wangs.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:00 pm

Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:00 pm

dam records

Fort Ann, NY does that too:

http://www.sunshineweek.org/index.cfm?ID=6064
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:15 pm

Jenna Diablo???

I disagree.

You're wrong.

I win!!!
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:33 pm

I like Frantic the most out of those bands. Beat... is boring, Carbonas are "merely" good.

Have you guys ever heard of The Black Lips? I hear that they rock.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:34 pm

Alien Snatch doesn't even send the bands copies of the dam records

this isn't true. we got 10% vinyl and 15% CD of each pressing. in the end, that's over 400 records. i know some bands didn't get this, but every band has it's own relationship with a label, and, frankly, we had a contract. we decided to make it legit since none of us had ever had a record out and didn't know what the hell was going on.

as for Jackie Vinyl being my screenname, what's the dif? you all know it's me. if I help someone out with publicity, it's not on this board. it's in the real world.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:36 pm

DEEEE ahhhhhh BLOOOOOW!!!!
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:38 pm

trickknee, you're a cutie. stop riding my back.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:45 pm

That gyro was good.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 7:06 pm | Edited by: Rich Balls

as for Jackie Vinyl being my screenname, what's the dif? you all know it's me. if I help someone out with publicity, it's not on this board. it's in the real world.

Yeah, whoever uses the internet for publicity with their band? That would be stupid....
-Johnnie Recordplayer
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 7:21 pm

Have you guys ever heard of The Black Lips? I hear that they rock.

i've heard that too.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 7:52 pm

i got "the black lips" from a pay toilet in des moines in the late 70's...
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 8:30 pm

i don't think black lips is an std. i think its from getting fucked so hard the lips bruise. someone told me that at some point, but i guess it could be both.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 9:49 pm

Yeaj B cubed are ok, but never really stood out to me. They seem to be riding the coatails of Black Lips and the whole ATL scene as the next hip band.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 11:15 pm

the locomtions lp on alien snatch was also good. i also think both fevers lps are good.

the upcoming beatx3 lp sounds really good. it's a bit more slick and big sounding than the 7". frankly i think it's alot more catchy. don't know if they'll be huge but i certainly wouldn't be surprised if they sell a ton of records.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 11:44 pm

10% vinyl and 15% CD

Just so you know that a shitty cut .. Almost all labels do 15% across the board these days.. And most I work with now will give you 20% of represses.

And I gave no one permission to use that Reatards song on a record..Even If I told the band "yeah dudes it cool" when I was loaded that is not an agreement with the label that he can go to press with out asking me..

Beat Beat Beat are good .. But all good bands never get "huge"..
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 12:45 am

10% vinyl and 15% CD

Just so you know that a shitty cut .. Almost all labels do 15% across the board these days.. And most I work with now will give you 20% of represses.

who cares about number crunching....just play rock 'n roll
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 12:46 am

we made up the contract, so the numbers we asked for were our numbers. or actually sommerstein's. that was plenty. plus, daniel tour managed us for free for 2 years and his best friend michael drove us for free for 2 years. and there won't be any repressing, so the other percentage doesn't matter.

and i just want to say this about Jackie Vinyl: trying to get publicity for bands or labels on the underground level is a real challenge. my attempts often get cold shouldered because most magazines and stuff deal with indie rock bands or bands on labels with money to advertise or established publicity companies. or a million other factors. i'm only just trying with these efforts. but trying feels good and so that's what i'm doing. i might get sick of it really soon. or i might make some headway. either way, it's been free, so there's no harm.

if you go to this link-- www.freewillastrology.com --you'll see what i'm talking about. it's about helping people--and feeling good for doing something good. or at least trying. or whatever.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 1:19 am

who cares about number crunching....just play rock 'n roll

Yeah you're right.. Who cares if someone is fucking you out of money or records. Cause guitars and amps grow on tress and gas for the tour van flows like water from a fall..

What are you some kinda fucking hippy?

ASS GRASS OR CASH NO ONE RIDES FOR FREE...
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 1:27 am

What are you some kinda fucking hippy?

yeah man, im a choice bud smokin' jam band hippy

<///////////////////////>

gotta light
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 1:32 am

that 7" was hot a year ago
aren't you kids a little late on this one
fuck huge, good is where its at!
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 2:03 am | Edited by: dirk diggler

hey, yo la tengo even paid me a nice royalty check this year for coverin my song baseball altamont on their new cd murderin the classics. they only sent me one copy though. jay, sue.

an crazy jenna's gettin her life coachin outta the village voice now??? hilarious!!!
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 7:17 am

I don't hate Jenna.

I'll do you one better. I like Jenna.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 8:42 am

Well, 24 hours and over 1000 views.

Maybe they do got somethin there.

As your Aunt Pinchie used to say, "I wish them luck. Really, I do. I do. Really!"
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 1:53 pm

if you go to this link-- www.freewillastrology.com --

Didja read The Televisionary Oracle? Good stuff. Check out Antero Alli also.. I'll even give Brezny a pass for writing for BAM
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:54 pm

Even If I told the band "yeah dudes it cool" when I was loaded that is not an agreement with the label that he can go to press with out asking me..

i just paid $55 dollars to get a license to press a cover of The Undertones' Teenage Kicks...you should call up that dude and tell him he owes 9 cents for every record he pressed and a 10 dollar service fee.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 10:32 pm | Edited by: enough already

i just paid $55 dollars to get a license to press a cover of The Undertones' Teenage Kicks...

money well spent. the world eagerly awaits another cover of "teenage kicks!"
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 10:51 pm

I\'ll do you one better.

Let\'s see them cans.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 1:06 pm

Hey, Mr. Reatard,

Thanks for the street creds! Good to talk about it on boards. I got nothing to hide and always followed the rule not to TALK about other people in public. I know your a board maniac so here we go.

If you give the band the ok it shouldnīt be a big deal. I offered you copies if we can trade a bunch more so itīs worth the postage and I could give you copies on top. That hardcover sleeve was expensive. You didnīt replied. From the start, you werenīt even interested to distribute the 45 with your song on . Come on! The offer is still on, business is business and itīs your song, thatīs totally right. I just asked for a deal in trading some more and you take care about some distribution of the Baseball Furies 7" over there. Is that too much -a reason to call me names?

By the way Iīll be charged for licensing fee by GEMA. You should recieve few dollars out of it if they reckoned it right. If not yet, E-Mail me your real name and infos and Iīll take care about that, my friend.

I kind of donīt understand cause labels like mine are supporting your bands and music since years. I spent a lot of hard earned money in buying, promoting and selling your musical output in term of records over the years

All my bands get their copies. Iīll do heavy vinyl, high quality and and I care about the artwork, the bands and releases and actually sending promos (VINYL also!) out. Iīm giving between 10% and 20% of the copies and I have budgets for recordings, if there is a CD release with a certain demand. I pay taxes and applicable fees and donīt do lame pre-sales. In addition, I have a real life!

Actually the whole band copies (including colored vinyl) of the Baseball Furies are still here. I emailed all member various times before and after the release about a shipping adress with no reply. I even talked on Jimmies answering machine. In the meantime, NO one emailed me in the time asking for copies. Weird but true. I will send the copies now to Criminal IQ who will hand them out. I excited for their third record and hope theyīll come for another European Tour. Loveīem.

BEAT BEAT BEAT!
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 3:44 pm

Mr. Reatard's just a dick, Beat Beat Beat suck dog nuts and you need to learn to speak English you Nazi Kraut! MONO MAN RULES!
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 6:52 pm

Here's where someone needs to post a link to the MP3 of Live Fast Die's "Webshits and Blablablas"
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 7:02 pm

Posted: Sep 1, 2006 7:05 pm

Thanks Jack!

BTW, did you get my email with my address, for to get a CD of the MOTO set in Memphis last month?
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 7:06 pm

I think so. Send it again, just in case. I'll get it out this weekend.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 7:13 pm

wow what a extremely boring band...what a stupid band name. Punk folks like this stuff? If this is the "good stuff" then playing punk rock nowadays is like doing magic for retards.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 7:14 pm

That's what I'm saying.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 8:44 pm

JJ, post that gif of you giving the thumbs up. I need to see that again!
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 10:44 pm

Posted: Sep 2, 2006 12:07 am

why don't you go "gangbang" daniel.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 1:20 am

Hey, Mr. Reatard,

Thanks for the street creds! Good to talk about it on boards. I got nothing to hide and always followed the rule not to TALK about other people in public. I know your a board maniac so here we go.

If you give the band the ok it shouldnīt be a big deal. I offered you copies if we can trade a bunch more so itīs worth the postage and I could give you copies on top. That hardcover sleeve was expensive. You didnīt replied. From the start, you werenīt even interested to distribute the 45 with your song on . Come on! The offer is still on, business is business and itīs your song, thatīs totally right. I just asked for a deal in trading some more and you take care about some distribution of the Baseball Furies 7" over there. Is that too much -a reason to call me names?

By the way Iīll be charged for licensing fee by GEMA. You should recieve few dollars out of it if they reckoned it right. If not yet, E-Mail me your real name and infos and Iīll take care about that, my friend.

I kind of donīt understand cause labels like mine are supporting your bands and music since years. I spent a lot of hard earned money in buying, promoting and selling your musical output in term of records over the years

All my bands get their copies. Iīll do heavy vinyl, high quality and and I care about the artwork, the bands and releases and actually sending promos (VINYL also!) out. Iīm giving between 10% and 20% of the copies and I have budgets for recordings, if there is a CD release with a certain demand. I pay taxes and applicable fees and donīt do lame pre-sales. In addition, I have a real life!

Actually the whole band copies (including colored vinyl) of the Baseball Furies are still here. I emailed all member various times before and after the release about a shipping adress with no reply. I even talked on Jimmies answering machine. In the meantime, NO one emailed me in the time asking for copies. Weird but true. I will send the copies now to Criminal IQ who will hand them out. I excited for their third record and hope theyīll come for another European Tour. Loveīem.

BEAT BEAT BEAT!

Yawn ZZZZZZZZZ......
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 3:39 am

yeah that's what people do after they hear yor retread records.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 10:52 am

Posted: Aug 30, 2006, 10:05 am Quote i cant wait to go back to germany so i can destroy that alien to snatch motherfucker

Sexy....!!!! I wanna see this fight!

Actually when you have to ship vinyl across seas I think it's fair that the percentage is a little less, shipping is very expensive....what do ya'l think? I usually give bands 20 percent of the vinyl but I've just done the creteens record and shipping over there costs lots so I was thinking about 15 percent, then again I'm a horrible bookeeper and I'd rather just send a giant pile over and not think about it.

my cat has black specks on her lips.

I really like B X 3, good songs, good guitar play from both Josh an Warren...I like the guys in the band a lot, they are really fun!they look cute.
I like the Frantic lots too, I love Cinderella too and Tom Keifer an Axl Rose and Prince...<3 <3 <3 My taste=not very good, but hell.

chinatown dan is a lottle limp wristed ya know?
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 3:31 pm

sending promos (VINYL also!)
then why the fuck couldn't he send a few to Jay? he wrote the fucking song! tool.
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 1:59 pm

Did Jay send Lee Ving or Cheetah Chrome copies of Teenage Hate

Very fuckin doubtful.

Whiny bitch.
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 6:05 pm

while i'm sure we all agree that jaybone is indeed a whiney little bitch an a poseur to boot the kraut is tryin to extort him into doin him a favor for the copies he really owes jaytard out of principle. fuck you to all extortionists!!!
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 6:15 pm

Did Jay send Lee Ving or Cheetah Chrome copies of Teenage Hate

Very fuckin doubtful.

Whiny bitch.

List Of bands I covered that I hand delivered records to in person...Or through friends..

Dead Boys /Down In flames/ Gave Teenage Hate to Cheetah Chrome a few weeks back..
Gave a copy to Jimmy Zero 4-5 years ago..

Fear /I love Living In the City/ Gave Lee Ving 2 copies about 3-4 years
back. He thought it was really cool that I had the balls to give him a record..

Lollipop Pop Shoppe / You must be a witch/ Gave Fred Cole A copy about 6 years back.

Hologram/Urinals/ Had friend give a copy to the singer, Who loved it !!!

Warm Leatherette / The Normal / Got Larry Hardy to give it to Daniel Miller.. Who said "man I never thought someone could make this into a punk song"

Pooh Sticks/Sex Head /Steve Gregory emailed me and asked for some copies so I mailed him a box to the Netherlands ..Yes it was expensive and no I didn't try to force him into trading 40 records from my labels catalog before I would give him 10 for free..

Two Tub Man you can remove your foot from your mouth now ..
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 6:33 pm

What band and what record is the Normal cover on?
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 6:39 pm

Up coming Destruction Unit lp...
Posted: Apr 2, 2007 5:18 pm

when i predicted BBB were gonna be huge, it was based on the music. but godDAMN if there shouldn't be some sort of Sassy "cute band" alert for the bass player who doubles as frontman for Frantic!

whoah.
Posted: Apr 2, 2007 6:33 pm

when i predicted BBB were gonna be huge, it was based on the music. but godDAMN if there shouldn't be some sort of Sassy "cute band" alert for the bass player who doubles as frontman for Frantic!

whoah.

Did somebody "do the nsaty" with a bass player????
Posted: Apr 2, 2007 6:46 pm

uh, not me. but if someone did...score!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®