Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson barely escapes murder at Mittendorf's catfish cookery
Posted: Aug 27, 2006 11:22 pm

By me.

And superfan.

Superfan had on a Drew Brees Jersey, had a Fleur De Lis tattoo on his forearm and had, I shit you not, "Who Dat" shaved into his beard.

Pictures coming soon.

Me and superfan could of butterknifed him to bits.

They would have given me my own wing at Angola.
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 12:29 am

The next time that motherfucker does "the Benson Boogie" somebody ought to cut him.
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 12:32 am

T-bot you may have saved Tom's life. An image of you popped into my head and said "don't do it man".

I coulda been a contender!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 12:40 am

I used to like hime in the 80's...now as far as I am concerned...he can boogie his way to L.A. or San Antonio w/o the fucking saints...
I think Paul Mcllhenny (aka Tabasco) should buy the Saints...
Better Yet, the Saints should be owned by the city like the Packers...but that would be a nightmare...

Jason, why are you more mad at Benson than usual...did he say this was the last NOLA year or some shit...or are you still pissed about Haslett...
is there something I don't know?
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 1:03 am

I was just sayin' almost the same thing today. Hostile takeover of the Saints by the city of NO. Nagin would would be a better owner than Benson. He would never sell the team to anyplace in texas. Uganda maybe, but not texas.
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 3:22 am

Uganda Saints!!!
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 3:23 am

Just for the record, Jason, I thought you were telling me who that was thinking I would be awestruck or some shit. I didn't realize there was hostility involved.
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 4:27 am

Scott, hostility is always involved. you know me.

and T-bot, no I'm not any more pissed at benson but being within stabbing range really gets the murderizing juices flowing.

his bodyguard looked like a poosaye!!!

South of lake maurepas.... his ass is grass.
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 4:42 am

i got the flounder two weekends ago at middendorfs and the bbq oysters

mmmmm mmmm
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 5:29 am

mmmmm. flounder...two eyes. one face.
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 2:39 pm

The only thing that would have been cooler is if Al Copeland had been there.
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 3:38 pm

NOLA DONKS:

Just read this weird rumor:

Dunbar's re-opening, new location
I'm a first year at Loyola Law School and we got an email on Thursday informing us that Dunbar's would be re-opening this Monday August 28th in the Broadway Activities Center on the Loyola Broadway campus...corner of Pine and Dominican (a block off St. Charles, a block off Broadway).

kind of a weird place for Dunbar's, but if it's true I ain't complaining.

also:

Anita's Grill on Tulane is open!!!
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 1:15 am

two eyes. one face.

Ain't that how it usually works?
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 2:48 am

I just watched the super-weird Brian Williams special on NBC -- it was actually pretty ballsy, he basically indicted the president onscreen. I couldn't help crying when I watched a lot of it, although the Michael Stipe's tribute to the Gulf Coast commercial cheered me up immensely. the weirdest thing was the only positive thing they could think to end on was the fact that the Saints are gonna play their 1st seasonal home game in the dome in a week or two... that's desperation, bc the Saints are gonna be a disappointment. Blythe, Jason, Chris, Bateman, I miss you guys...
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 2:57 am

amen to that.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 2:58 am

if one more tv reporter uses the phrase "hell or high water" I'm going to hunt them down like a dog and scalp them.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 3:39 am | Edited by: Mark Rochambeaux

Funny story the other day about Nagin's "Come Home" speech in either Houston or Atlanta. He's all telling people to come home and eat file gumbo, but the old fart they interviewed afterwards was like, "I ain't go no house, I ain't got shit, but he all talkin' bout red beans and rice."

yatta-yatta, anyway, did you know Mike Brown is now a disaster consultant? I kid you not. He's like reveling in his own disgrace and not taking people's shit. ... "Fuck those fuckers in the White House for sellingme out!"
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 4:10 pm

yatta-yatta, anyway, did you know Mike Brown is now a disaster consultant?

Does he tell people what color ties to wear to disaster-related press conferences?
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 4:22 pm

Does he tell people what color ties to wear to disaster-related press conferences?

Actually, I don't think he even figured that out on his own at the time. Didn't his secretary tell him he needed to roll up his shirt sleeves for the camera?
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 4:28 pm

I think you're right, JS. Just wondered if the guy learned anything from the experience.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 4:32 pm

Well, I have seen him a lot more on TV lately. He's doing a heckuva job.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 7:02 pm

I was in Pascagoula this past weekend to help 90-y/o grams try to get her house finished, eyeing Ernesto the entire time. Place looks a hell of a lot better than Biloxi, which looks like absolute shit. Ocean Springs looked allright, and Aunt Jenny's is back open and dishing out the all you can eat scrimp platters. Good stuff. I had two.
I was glad to be getting the heck outta there just as the big news guys were all piling in. Thanks to the two-block radius that includes Trent Lott, Dickie Scruggs (big tobacco lawyer now the big insurance lawyer) and Scrugg's first client, who lives across the street from my grandmother's fab fema action, Pascagoula was about to get bad. She did tell me that "nice tanned young man" came by to chat with her. They had tea, and a nice conversation, dahling.
I eventually figured out she meant Brian Williams.
Jeezus.
Bush was coming the next day. Our exit strategy couldn't have been better.
I told her it was much worse in NOLA, and I'm sure that nice young tan man would get his big van and sattellites off her yard so she could get some tv reception again real soon.

I HATE the media's obsession with anniversary revisits. I'm guilty of it too, but come on, enough is enough.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®