Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Thee Midnighters
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 4:22 pm

From what i hear over at garagepunk Thee Midnighters have this awesome new comp out. Anybody else know about it? Is Goner going to get this???
Mickey
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 4:25 pm

The CD just came out a couple weeks ago, I think the vinyl should be ready by now. All rockers, no ballads and a couple unreleased tracks I think!
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 4:50 pm

Is this finally released? Everytime I went to order it I saw the date was pushed back.

They're great, btw.
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 5:08 pm

Gotta get this one - vinyl's out now?
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 5:13 pm

JOE MAMA!
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 6:41 pm

bazooka joe told me he's had the cd for weeks. so either he didn't listen to it yet or he thinks it sucks.

billly miller told me it was too hot for the company to press the vinyl for it. that's why it was delayed. he also said it kills.
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 6:43 pm

I haven't listened to the whole thing. I scanned through it though. I like Thee Midnighters just fine.
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 6:58 pm

i've heard it all the way through and it's excellent. AMAZING lead vocals--total, pure, ripping soul grit.

tim warren did a phenomenal job mastering it.
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 6:58 pm

nobody aksed you, crazy.
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 9:25 pm

hank ballard was james brown's idol.
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 9:28 pm

i have been listening to the CD for a couple-three weeks.
its AMAZING.

yes - the vinyl was scheduled to be manufactured during that awful heat spell the last week of july/first week of august - it was too hot to press records, which is why the vinyl is delayed.

billy is right. this record KILLS. awesome stuff. get it!
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 10:00 pm | Edited by: jahna

hank ballard was james brown's idol.

Hey Joe, sorry, wrong Midnighters. This is *Thee* Midnighters. Miriam and Billy gave me the CD for my birthday and corrected me in the same assumption... twice! (I was drunk. )

These recordings are from 1965 LA Chicano 7-piece band.

Anyway, I've listened to it - and I agree with Jenna. Good stuff! Oh, and my fave track on the CD is Jump Jive and Harmonize. Dance floor hit!
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 11:56 pm

They rule. Still playing live from time to time...they'd be a perfect Ponderosa Stomp band.
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 5:48 pm

from what I hear the CD has more tracks but either way I am so getting this
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 5:58 pm

whittier blvd. - esse
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 6:01 pm

reviewed in the latest issue of Rolling Stone.
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 6:02 pm

oh yeah, aside from this review, rolling stone sucks. really badly.

but this issue has "the making of exile" excerpt in it. i forgot to read it before i threw the mag away. damn.
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 6:02 pm

Who reviewd it? The Great Gaylord?
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 6:08 pm

no, it was in david fricke's picks. miriam is the best publicist on earth. i cannot get that guy to listen to me about good bands whatsoever.

whatever. who reads that rag anyway?
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 6:11 pm

i cannot get that guy to listen to me about good bands whatsoever.

Nor can you with people on this board. Miriam's good cuz she promotes good stuff.
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 6:12 pm

The Bronx?
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 6:18 pm

David Fricke's cool and all, but if I ever meet him, he's getting a fucking earful from me about placing a Madonna tour in one of those 50 greatest tours/concerts lists they had...actually, that list was probably 20 years old, but still, the man has an autographed Safe As Milk what the fuck is he doing at a Madonna concert let alone enjoying it.
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 6:24 pm

that's what i'm saying. i've heard from several people that he's cool, and I realize that he has to toe an industry line, but damn, it's hard.

bj, i'm not promoting the bronx. they're on a major label with major money. I said i liked them live when i saw them and i liked some songs. i stand by it. i was drunk, i was feeling good, and they fed me right at that moment. sorry, dude, but I LIKE ROCK MUSIC. i like turbonegro-- a LOT--, i like motorhead, i like the stooges, i like thin lizzy, I LIKE ROCK.

and my life has been all the richer for it, i can tell you that. i like sweat and guts and mayhem and spit and fury. i'm not saying the bronx deliver that. but ROCK does.

now, carry on...
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 6:32 pm

You just don't get it, do you Crazy Jenna? That's ok, you're still cool as hell in my book. PARTY!
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 11:29 pm

crazy jenna makes me laugh. she's a fuckin yuppie. rock. my fuckin ass. an anybody is a better publicist than her. she doesn't know anything about music an she creeps people out. an david fricke's okay. last summer i was walkin down the street an he was walkin down the street w/ some woman an he points to me as we pass an says "rock star." he knows the deal.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®