Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 3:49 am

where does one find mp3's or records or a website for HEAD?
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 3:51 am

Posted: Aug 20, 2006 3:53 am

NO!!!!!

HEAD the band from Seattle
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 3:58 am

well, you should be more specific my friend. "head" for my generation means THE MONKEES!!!
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 4:02 am

oh
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 5:01 am

you see, what theresa tried to say was - in ancient times, when a gentleman spoke to his mistress "gimme head bitch", etiquette advised her to put on the monkees record.
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 5:23 am

I doubt you'll have much luck. try soulseek maybe.
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 8:07 am

HEAD don't need no web site.

but you can email the head guys directly here -
evilclownrecords@yahoo.com

here's an online quiz about them -
http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz1752751412530.html

i have an song by them on my funhouse comp, unavailable elsewhere -
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/funhousecomp

they should also have a new album conming out soon.
happy hunting!
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 8:21 am

soulseek.

someone asked me to get high and watch monkees head tonite. i passed
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 3:53 pm

someone asked me to get high and watch monkees head tonite. i passed

yer loss.
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 5:46 pm

yeah dude
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 7:30 pm

I'm a fan of it.

Never heard the band.
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 10:20 pm

Head rules. Unfortunately they have a strict 3 mile radius in which they play.
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 4:23 am

did i hear correctly that goner's gonna put out a new Head album?
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 4:45 am

TIRE SHREDDING!
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 5:03 am

NO!!!!!

HEAD the band from Seattle

well, you should be more specific my friend. "head" for my generation means THE MONKEES!!!

I don't no about my generation, but for my money, it's hard to top "Circle Sky" from "Head", the Monkees movie. It's what I thought this thread was about, too, based upon the title.
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 5:11 am

the porpoise song is my fave
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 5:38 am

the porpoise song is my fave

& you are THE Miss K. of the highly discriminating tastes.

They were finally writing their own songs on this soundtrack, weren't they? Before Head, I think it was all written by songwriters that were brought in. "Last Train To Clarksville" was written by Hart & somebody...
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 5:44 am

the monkees had the BEST songwriters providing songs for their records

goffin & king
boyce & hart - they wrote MOST of the songs on the first album INCLUDING the theme song
neil diamond
russ titelman
david gates (of bread!)
neil sedaka
carole bayer sager

mike nesmith WAS writing and co-writing songs from the first album though
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 5:52 am

boyce & hart - they wrote MOST of the songs on the first album INCLUDING the theme song

Thanks. You know one thing I like about chatboards (& stonerrock.com is good for this, too) is I don't really have to remember all of the details anymore. All I gotta do is be in the ballpark & SOMEONE will tidy up the rest of it for me. I owe you thanks, Miss K. You are the walking rock 'n' roll encyclopedia.

But I think they wrote most of, if not all of, Head, didn't they?
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 6:06 am

the monkees i think wrote just about all the songs on HEAD

and thanks for the vote of confidence regarding my memory
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 6:29 am

Head is on their own schedule & do things their own way. They're compiling a cd of their lps & 45s on their own evil clown label, with a possible new release coming sometime as well. i wouldn't expect it soon. we talked about doing a goner release but i think they're pretty set on releasing stuff via evil clown.

they were AMAZING at SXSW.
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 2:25 pm

Best band.
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 3:26 pm

I AINT NO WEAK TIT!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 4:00 pm

Of the six songs in HEAD, Michael Nesmith wrote "Circle Sky," Peter Tork wrote "Can You Dig It?" and "Do I Have To Do This All Over Again." Harry Nilsson wrote "Daddy's Song," Goffin/King wrote "The Porpoise Song" and Carole King and Toni Stern came up with "As We Go Along." The Monkees have no screenwriting credits in the movie, but came up with a lot of material for the movie itself when they went to a resort in Ojai CA with Jack Nicholson and Bob Rafelson. They sat around, smoked a ton of Acapulco Gold and talked into a tape recorder and from that Jack Nicholson wrote the actual script himself (while on acid).
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 4:10 pm

HEAD's needs to tour the damned midwest...!
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 5:11 pm

Zink knows his Monkees.
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 5:19 pm

I'm always surprised at how little net action there is about Head.

I might be getting the new iLife thing off a friend that lets you make a simple website, and do a Head fan site w/ a discography and some pics.

I got all their fanzines and still got my American flag Head t-shirt.
I got content!!!
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 5:43 pm | Edited by: Shawn Carpetbagger

I agree with the above sentiment...Head are unbelievably great and don't get anywhere near the credit they deserve. The highlight of the last SXSW for me.

And "Head" is one of the greatest rock n' roll movies of all-time and a great record as well.
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 7:19 pm

So, what the hell kind of music is Head, the band?
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 7:23 pm

I think "Ramones meets Angry Samoans" is a good descriptor.
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 9:22 pm

"....if i had a tiny microphone embeded in my heart, it would amplify my love for you..... BUT THE WOOOORDS GET STUCK IN MY THROAT....THE WORRRDS GET STUCK IN MY THROAT...."

and also

".....what are you doin...whats it look like i'm doooin ....iiiii'm takin a peeek...
....what are you doin ....can't you see that she's drunk...iiiii know thats the best time to loook!
....now don't get mad at me cuz you'd do the same, you're just jealous you didn't think of it fiiirst
...don't get mad at me cuz you'd do the same, so shut up and lets look through her purse..."
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 12:12 am

That first one's a friggin' Devo song, eh.

-Andy
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 12:28 am

And Head wrote all of the songs on "The Monkeys".

-Andy
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 1:10 am

they magazine is good. the one about themselves.
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 5:09 am

the fanzine where Tulu cuts his hair is sad.
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 5:41 am

Of the six songs in HEAD, Michael Nesmith wrote "Circle Sky," Peter Tork wrote "Can You Dig It?" and "Do I Have To Do This All Over Again." Harry Nilsson wrote "Daddy's Song," Goffin/King wrote "The Porpoise Song" and Carole King and Toni Stern came up with "As We Go Along." The Monkees have no screenwriting credits in the movie, but came up with a lot of material for the movie itself when they went to a resort in Ojai CA with Jack Nicholson and Bob Rafelson. They sat around, smoked a ton of Acapulco Gold and talked into a tape recorder and from that Jack Nicholson wrote the actual script himself (while on acid).

See what I mean? All I gotta do any more is be in the ballpark. Thanks for the details.
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 5:49 am

the devo "cover" is actually a song devo sort of covered that was in a 60's japanese toho movie called "war of the gargantuas".

see here: URL
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 5:50 am

ballpark.
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 9:20 am

I got all their lps..wanna buy???
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 5:51 pm

yea....
Posted: Aug 23, 2006 4:58 am

yea....
I'll dig'em out of the crates and report back on condition and give you the prices I want to sell for.
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 8:40 am

still looking
maybe post info on 24th
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 6:14 am

sorry to be so slow..

1994 HEAD Street Level Assault EVIL CLOWN 12" 45 EP 7522 $20
(mint wax and cover has small peel off of picture and "jesse" on lower back)

1997 HEAD The Monkeys EVIL CLOWN lp 7525 includes lyric sheet (mint wax and cover) $15

plus postage

e-mail me at bongobop@lycosDOTcom
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 6:16 am

yep
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 12:29 pm

I remember once watching the 'Daddy's Song' bit in HEAD really really high on acid and we kept rewinding and watching it over and over again as we couldn't work out whether Davy Jones had really big hands or not.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 9:55 pm

Ree Ree wrote "Head is putting out a 10 song LP on Evil Clown Records soon. " ... dont know his definition of "soon". BUT there is a HEAD interview in our next ish of choke magazine, which is out "soon"...
www.catbull.com/choke
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 10:13 pm

we couldn't work out whether Davy Jones had really big hands or not.

that is great.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 10:33 pm

Street Level Assault

Our copy has a 3 or 4 page reply to a fan letter...maybe I'll scan it and put it up here cuz it's really great.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 10:46 pm

Davy Jones' hands are indeed rather large...especially for a guy who is 5'3".
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 11:18 pm

Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:45 am

bout time we got the BJ variation on the thread..very vitty
Posted: Oct 4, 2006 5:33 pm

hey, thanks bob, these records are fucking awesome!!
Posted: Oct 4, 2006 5:34 pm

billy, we should get sum beer and listen to these new Head albums i own this evening after we see FOREIGNER at the state fair for five bucks!
Posted: Oct 4, 2006 5:43 pm

that sounds like the plan.
Posted: Oct 4, 2006 6:04 pm

billy, we should get sum beer and listen to these new Head albums i own this evening after we see FOREIGNER at the state fair for five bucks!

Listen to HEAD while playing some games, and it's like you're keeping the Foreigner party goin'.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®