Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Stranger on the Town (Toronto)
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 5:55 pm

I'm commin' up for the Deadly Snakes show on the 25th. First time in Toronto. Anyone know anything about the club (Horseshoe Tavern), cheap hotels, cool bars, or must-see type things. I'll be in town Aug. 25-27.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 6:24 pm

Horseshoe is pretty big venue that's been around for a long time. I don't mind seeing shows there. Drinks ain't cheap though.

There's a punk rock record store pretty much right above it. And Rotate This is worth checking out for records. It's on the same side of Queen Street west about six or seven blocks.

There must be another 'What To Do In Toronto' thread on here from the past.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 11:43 pm

Really I just need to decide on a cheap hotel near the venue to crash at while I'm in town, the rest I guess I can work out on my own. Any Suggestions?
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 12:20 am

Try googling 'hostels' and 'kensington market'. There are a bunch in that area that I've heard good things about (cheap), and Kensington Market is a ten minute walk from all the stuff you want to see.
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 3:26 am

There's a Hostel on the corner of King and Spadina downtown that is really cheap (like $50 a night) and not scuzzy. Stayed there a couple of times before I had friends in Toronto to put me up. I think its called the International Backpackers Hostel or some shit like that. If you google hostels and Toronto, you'll find what I'm talking about pretty quicky.
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 2:15 pm

Thanks you guys. I found a friend who is gonna hook me up with her friend up there last night, so I'm set for sleep space now.

I can't wait for this shit!! Bound to be the show of the year for me!!!

Is anyone else here going to this?
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 4:56 pm

Should be a good show. I'll be there
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®