Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / it's party time!!!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 5:30 am

woohoo!!! hey where is everybody??? are ya all asleep??? wtf??? jus got back from procurin some partables an it's too late to blast any blastables so i'm drinkin beers an doin you know whats an readinall the borin fuckin lameosity an wonderin hey is the goner board dead??? i mean where the fuck is bazoooka joe or clubber or even brad??? anyway the wrong numbers will be partyin out soon so you can all come to new york an dig some real rock an roll an not this carbonas leather whatever the fuck bullshit the powers that be would be pushin down yer throats. help is on the way kids. dirk diggler would never let you down.party on!!! woohoo!!!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 5:44 am

I'm on corona #3... The apartment's hot but the beers cold cuz I put it in the freezer for a while after I brought it up stairs. Wrong #'s!!! When? Where? I'm there!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 5:46 am

I'm at work. The partyin' gets done when it's time to party, but, meantime, the bills gotta get paid.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 5:49 am

bazooka joe's on bass now. we're so much better now than when that fag mike sniper was in the band. we'll be playin at motor city every friday night until 4:30 am. five sets a night. like the velevets at the bitter end. hey andy what the fuck are you talkin about that too much too soon doesn't sound great??? that's the greatest soundin album ever!!! shadow morton is genius despite what "ed" says.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 5:49 am

I'm in pittsburgh, come pick me up.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 5:51 am

I'm listening to the Creation how does it feel album. It's puhretty cool...
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 5:53 am

i want some partables!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 5:54 am

I love too Much too soon , burt I c hadda get used to the girly choruses. And the sax on Human Being. i like the demo of Human Being w/ Billy on drums so much I wanna be buried with it when I die. Or shot out of a cannon with it.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 5:55 am

[i]I'm in pittsburgh, come pick me up.

you the dude that works in the record store in Dormont
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 5:58 am

Oh and Shadow's a Super Genius of Wiley Coyote stature for sure. No argument from me.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:02 am

too much too soon is the ultimate. jerry nolan's drummin. fuck. i missed that band by a fuckin year!!! shit. my faves. i love the dolls. but mostly too much too soon. i love all the touches shadow added. i guess it's in my blood to like shadow. my godfather put him together with the shangri'la's...

an sorry andy but you an all the other brooklyn fucks are gonna get your sorry asses stomped by the wrong numbers.i'm not playin around this time. the axis of lameness will be destroyed by the only band from nyc that matters-the wrong numbers!!! woohoo!!! we rule the scene!!! get ready to party!!! woohoo!!!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:09 am

you the dude that works in the record store in Dormont

Nope, eff that place.

I used to work at Incredibly Strange Video in Dormont though.
But I live in Beechview.

Do I know you?
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:12 am

What's your take on the new "dolls" rekoerd? I honestly don't know what to think. I have it here, I just haven't had the nerve to play it yet. I did see the you tube of them doing the "Monkey" song on tv. It just kinda spooked me. song's allright and probably better than anything on the radio right now, but What the hell? Those jerks they got replacing Jerry and Johnny? The doofus KEYBOARD guy? I wanna like it but...
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:17 am

andy, i'm right w/ you on the new "dolls" record.
its in this house. been here since the day it was released
i'm really too scared to play it

will someone play it and report back? please?
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:20 am

johnny, arthur an jerry were the heart an soul of the ny dolls. this isn't the first time these two losers have tried this shit an fallen on their faces. how many fuckin sylvain sylvain an david jo solo albums do you have in your collection??? how many johnny??? i rest my case.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:29 am

I have a really funny story about Syl, that I don't have the energy to get into right now, but let's just say I love the guy. It's really at the "he can do no wrong" level of bullshit. Anyhow that's what makes this new dolls thing so prepostorous. How can you take 3 of the most unique personalities ever and fill their shoes wit "ROCK PROS". I fergot they got a "new" Arthur too. Jeez... Any how, Syl And D.J. were always the "got their shit together " guys, but that was balanced out by "who gives a flying fuck" attitude of jerry and johnny and the "where am I" fulcrum of arthur. Without 'em it's just showbiz, sorry.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:35 am

Anyhow, Christgau came all overit a couple of weeks ago and if there's any yardstick for lameness that's gotta be up there. The might as well call it the waldos.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:39 am

How long can ya keep beer in the freezer before it 'splodes? I always finish 'em before it happens, corona#5 comin' up.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:42 am

I also hated the stooges reunion.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:44 am

I fergot they got a "new" Arthur too.

but at least its Sami Yaffa... who at least reveres Arthur
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:45 am

i tried buyin so lps at kim's toinight an there wasn't one thing i wanted there. but enough already was the first record in the bins...

i need some new records. maybe i should get that crime live lp.

anyway enjoy your gig with the a-bones. i'm sure it will rock. but i'm really sick of brooklyn.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:46 am

I wanna like it but...

My sentiments exactly.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:49 am

i couldn't give a shit either way. why would anybody even be curious??? the hipshakes an the wrong numbers are the only two bands that matter anymore. an theresa i'm really gettin sick of all your i love this lamer-o, i love that lame-o routine. do you even have a fuckin soul???
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:54 am

oh dirk i'm just happy as a pig in shit and lovin life
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:55 am

ned, you don't like the carbonas? what the sam hell is wrong with you? i'll admit, i'm not a huge fan of digital leather, and the leather uppers are okay to me, not the best thing i've ever heard. but damn, the carbonas are fucking good. geez. i agree with you about the hipshakes. i like them too, but why must you be such a negative jerko? heh. why do i even bother asking that question? i must be drunk.

i should listen to "party down" and dedicate its playing to ned. ha.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:56 am

anyway enjoy your gig with the a-bones. i'm sure it will rock. but i'm really sick of brooklyn.

Aww you oughta come on out. It's an early show, blah blahblah... And you know 'tween you an me ain gonna be another LK gig for a while... And the fuckin' A-bones jeez. C'mon, It's gonna be a fuckin' PARTY. The rest of brooklyn sucks But that room will be rockin, GARONTEEED!

The "dolls" are playing a free show this Friday night, Kris wants to go, but i'm hedging. I'll probably end up going.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 7:07 am

the carbonas are total shit. like no redeemin qualities whatsoever.just punk for punks sake. i don't give a shit what you fuckin think of me.listen to that shit for all i care.

andy i'm sure you guys will have tons of dirk diggler haters fillin the place up. you guys don't need me around. although if it makes you feel any better i have received three emails about it. an not one offered to put me on the list. (jus kiddin. kinda..)
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 7:08 am

totally partyin, packin first bowl now, dirk diggler rules
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 7:17 am

The DD haters will be put in check by the BACKBEAT, my friend. There ain't nothing stronger, and that's why The Man keeps it down, keeps it hid. It'll cure yer ills, clean yer spills, make ya smile fer jus a little while . Consider youself listed.

I'm listening to breakout '66 mc5 I CAN ONLY GIVE YOU EVERYTHING!!!!
their finest moment?
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 7:21 am

sister ann!!! thanks dude but ireally can't make it this time. it is such a backbreaker for me to get out to brooklyn an walk around until 7am to get home after a show. i ain't 16 anymore as everybody around here likes to point out. maybe you can come down an jam with the numbers at one of our all night motor city gigs. i gotta get the sirens to play with us. my future wife is in the band.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 7:26 am

dirk - here's your lady: http://www.myspace.com/melodylicious
notice their gig dates are not outside the 313
that's a LOT of walking to wait for your train....
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 7:32 am

Well I'm still listin' ya jus in case ya change your tune. remember it's early, no 1am train to catch. It's cool either way. #6 is on it's way out. Now I gotta make the big decision of the night... do I go downstairs and pick up another 6? Judge? jury?
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 7:41 am

just cuz you get another 6 doesn't mean you have to drink it all tonight
so i say YEAH
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 7:47 am

Do you know how you become one of those bands that gets on the front page of myspace? You pay 'em! wanna know how much? $8,000, that's how much.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 7:49 am

just thought I'd throw that out there, I hate MS, if only cuz it's MUTHAFUGGLY UGLY lookin. You win theresa. I'll be back in sec.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 7:56 am

The joys of livin' over a 24 hour deli. I'm back with more beer I'm listening to H.S. Wright, The Mocking Bird from 1902. I shit you not. This muthafuck could WHISTLE!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:02 am

The cats are partyin'. Chester's up on the ladder kickin' it with a cat dancer I got hanging from the ceiling. Charlie's got a little mousie, that's his junk. Luther's chillin in the kitchen . I'm looking at #7. are you with me?
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:05 am | Edited by: andy

Buster Brown- Fannie Mae!!!!!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:07 am

party on!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:16 am

It looks like the east coast is dyin on me theresa. Don't know where ned went, maybe he's on the bronx river pkwy, on a weed run.

Chatmon Bros.-Please Don't Dog Me Around- this is so fuckin good.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:23 am

One more time for H.S. Wright, The Mocking Bird. How can I let you hear this? It's killing me to keep it to myself.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:24 am

well andy - the west coast is wide awake!
i have music on in my headphones cuz my roommate is asleep

its the night for a glam hangover (ie: bowie, t rex, roxy, eno, etc)
i saw a DVD of the old grey whistle test over and over last week
LOVED the clips! hence the mix
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:28 am

Ok kids, maybe you out there maybe you ain't but #7's long gone ad that's all for me. Love you, goodnight!

Mississippi Shieks are gonna sing me into sleep.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:31 am

Shit Theresa! I thought I was all alone. guess I can crack another one open. OGWT rules!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:34 am

Travis Wammack!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:37 am | Edited by: Joe Perry

I'm away laying down some demos on my 64 track. I'm about ready to make some hot wings slathered in my Mango Sauce. You guys wan't me to bring some over.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:38 am

the carbonas are total shit.

Sweeeet! That's practically four stars and shit!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:38 am

Party!!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:41 am

you GOTTA see Alice Cooper's "Under My Wheels" on OGWT
GREAT make-up - not quite as "theatrical" just a good rock n roll band w/ a funny looking guy w/ runny eye make up
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:42 am

Party!!

You Texas girls are a handful.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:42 am | Edited by: andy

Reigning Sound -you got me hummin!!!!!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:44 am

I hate Aerosmith.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:44 am

good theme for a party that is now waking up!

i have Velvets White Light White Heat playin
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:46 am

I was gonna put that one in the 2nd album thread. Dump Nico and turn up the fuckin' amps!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:47 am

i am so w/ you on the Ramones Leave Home by the way
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:50 am

I hate Aerosmith.

So do I but it's the company I help start.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:52 am

how did they let that pic get by? It was the 1st thing I thought when I 1st saw that record and every time since. That record is soooooo fuckin good.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:53 am

Nothing personal Joe.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:54 am

how did they let that pic get by?

it is so wrong. there's no excuse. that awful cover is sandwiched by two iconic BW-pictured albums. someone dropped the ball!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:57 am

It was probably the only pic they could all agree on, even though they all hated it. I've been through the album artwork nightmare, It's always a fuckin' chore and a compromise.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 9:00 am

a cartoon would have been better
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 9:01 am

Nothing personal Joe.

It's cool dude. I understand and imagine how I feel. Hell, do you realize that live I only play guitar on 6 songs. The rest of it is done with backing tapes. It's a little trick I learned from Gene and the rest of the fellows in Kiss.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 9:02 am

Ok this time I mean it. It's 4am ny time I gotta drag my sorry ass to work tmrw, and the I gotta dj til 2 in the muthaffuckin morning. So Good night gracie!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 3:11 pm

hey i thought you guys were done partyin. i was up until 4am watchin carlito's way. al pacino rules. yeah melody sure is hot but i saw a couple of problems. she likes sushi an brown eyes. i got blue. maybe she swings both ways an i could buy some mints. well i'm burned but it'a always time to party for the wrong numbers. back to work...
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 3:23 pm

the carbonas are total shit. like no redeemin qualities whatsoever.just punk for punks sake. i don't give a shit what you fuckin think of me.listen to that shit for all i care.

It's perfect that they're touring with Beat Beat Beat. That band takes the cake in unoriginality. Zzzzzz...

The Wrong Numbers are gona come at you with a beat so big you'll be leaving all our shows with a raw steak on your eyes. OOF!

Now playing- Eugene Church "Good News."

PARTY!!!

HIPSHAKES!!!

Oh yeah, woke up this morning and had 9, count 'em N.I.N.E. mice in only four glue traps. NICE! Er... MICE!!!!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 11:45 pm

you lame-o's make me sick. i'm goin to stop an shop for some brews an when i get back there better be a fuckin party happenin.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 12:06 am

PUT ON devo AND DEAL withit
shrivel UP
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 12:13 am

i am continuing to be lame
listening to a glam comp
in between talking to clients on the phone
and going to whole foods for distraction

you all better have some entertainment going when i get back
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 12:53 am

What Glam comp? That Glitterbest one? It's got some rulingness going on.

I got some fuckin' dark rum and RC Cola...Gonna pack a bowl and start a fire in my burning pit outside once dusk sets. Michigan Party Action in effect.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 1:00 am

Dirk, I used to get bored like you when I was a kid...I'd end up pissin out a window or out of a tree for amusement.

I get off work in like 2 hours and I won't bother looking on here for a fucking party...Get a life cockscabs!
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 1:04 am

I missed the party last night because I was out drinkin'.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 1:05 am

I could never defend the Carbonas on any intellectual plane, I just like 'em. In fact, I think they're great. Probably that downstroke action on the poppy punk rock tunes, it's all catchy but not lightweight...what are ya gonna do?
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 1:06 am

I'm gonna go get stoned. I only have a full one-hitter and a little rez....someone's bringin' a bowl later, though...can I make it?
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 1:06 am

Stay tooned. Fuck you, Arm.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 1:07 am

Hipshakes do rule the planet, though.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:03 am

I got an hour left....Gonna smoke my self retarded, with real weed. What is it with you and resin, Trick?

Fuck you, Arm.

Easy, cankerlip...
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:04 am

Christ, you fuckers. I picked up a few Goodwell records today, and it was a good haul - Earl Hooker "Boogie Don't Blot!" rules! Ike Turner rules! Mickey Dolenz "Don't Do It" also rules! Pre-Monkees! I can't find anything on Bert Summer & his "I Feel So Bad." It's one of those 6 song/6 band singles...."Little Devil" by Bernie Bridges is cool...."Little Egypt" by the Freckles? There ain't shit to be Googled. The single's sold fer cheap, no band info...huh....also got the first Cheap Trick LP....5 bucks for the lot of 'em.

The only thing that doesn't rule is the Cat Mother 45. Meh.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:05 am

I just ran outta weed, and I'd told myself I was gonna quit for a week or two and then realized "fuck that shit" so I called thuh dude and he's not around and I have to smoke resin

and stuff.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:07 am

I smoked yer stems, not rez Mr. I ALWAYS Have Killer Bud Except When Yer In Town For A Week Yeah Real Likely Says Me.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:08 am

stuff sucks...

You have a drug problem, Todd. You can't get any, that's a problem.

Call a hippy and trade him some hawkwind for the hawkwind so you can hawk some wind.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:10 am

I don't know any hippies. I scared one named "Noah" some time back who wore a hemp necklace and sucked but had amazing weed all the time. I'd rather not call a hippy and be sober.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:12 am

Fuck this shit, I'm gonna grab sum booze. Get back to editing your trippple anal scene, douche.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:13 am

Hahaha...I've never had a problem getting pot. You came and put your temporary curse of weedless nights till you were gone. Then, Bam!
Been here over two years and that was the longest without hookin up. Seriously...Haha. You have a curse following you to keep you sober or something.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:16 am

trippple anal scene

That's hardcore...Don't think it's possible and besides, today it's been lame ass lezbo-dyke shit putting me to sleep. They haven't said a word in like 9 minutes just kinda Mmmm and whisperin and shit. Lame...
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:22 am

Dirk sucks...

Being Daddy Warbucks and pretending to be a rockstar don't go together.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:34 am

cat mother sucks!
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:57 am

I've had the better part of a pint of myers and one of grandma's percocet's I jacked from her medicine chest. Listening right now to "Scientist Encounters Pacman" picked up today at an antique store for three bones.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 3:27 am

What Glam comp?
one I made myself for driving through Chicago. its heavy on Eno-era Roxy Music, T Rex, Bryan Ferry, Bowie, Cockney Rebel.... and I threw in a Witches track in between T Rex and Bowie and it fits in perfectly
perhaps i should call it my art fag comp instead?

Mickey Dolenz "Don't Do It" also rules!
i love that single! would you believe my mom bought that for me right about the time the Monkees were on TV and somehow she found it and thought i'd like it because it was Mickey from the Monkees.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 6:00 am

been listening to my XTC lps alot lately..
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 6:11 am

Anyone up for playing some blues licks tonight?
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 6:25 am

Midnight movies @ my house the rest of the week to celebrate quitting my job!! "ABBA: The Movie" tonight, "Danger: Diabolik" Friday, maybe "Master of the Flying Guilloteen" or "Tarkan v. the Vikings" Saturday! YOW!! You bring the 'wind, I'll bring the Jalapeno & Cheddar bratwurst.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:32 pm

cat mother sucks!

Why didn't you warn me???? I saw "Hendrix" and didn't realize it was that cornball 50's medley thing I hate....and the other side is worse! Party!!!!!?
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 4:17 pm

that's not exactly what i meant by partyin. thanks a lot for pollutin my cool thread with your lameosity. i feel sorry for you losers. the carbonas blow just like all the other music you losers listen to. the wrong numbers rule the scene. look out for our new single on my new label soon. 69 copies. to symbolize iam the fag an todd tricknees fave position together. party!!!
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 4:22 pm

I finished that pint of Myers and took another percocet last night. Feelin' HELLA good today, boy, woooooooo!!
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 4:57 pm

i got back from stop an shop last night with the brewskis an proceded to consume mass quantities of them while smokin an listenin to too much too soon to see if i could hear wtf andy doesn't like about it. sorry. still sounds great to me. everything is perfectly placed in the mix. an it's raw as fuck. the girl back-up singers (which thunders would continue durin his solo career to good effect) the saxes (ny's alright...) even the crazy dynamics of the mix on vinyl-the way the levels go up an down drastically as opposed to most records made today. too much too soon is a wild rock an roll record, baby.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 5:03 pm

andy - this is how everyone else can hear H S Wright's "The Mocking Bird."

http://www.archive.org/details/HSWright

And, I used to work next door to the "jerk" that they've got replacing Jerry in the Dolls. Brian's a great guy. How'd you like to have to fill some crazy rock'n'roll shoes? They're doing a sweet job in my opinion. I love that monkey song they played on late nite TV.

And if yr in the area, they're playing free tonight @ the South Street Seaport (nYc). So you won't be able to complain about the usually STEEP aging-punk-rock-legend-reunion ticket price!

Dance like a monkey!
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 5:14 pm

dude, you are seriously naive or fucked in the ears if you think the new "dolls" are doin a sweet job.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 5:19 pm

Is the opinion of the guy who doesn't like anything supposed to teach me something?
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 5:21 pm

yes.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 5:23 pm

I don't like anything either and my opinions are actually FACTS.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 5:26 pm

go ahead an like shitty music for all i care jus don't bring that weak shit onto my cool party action thread, loser.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 6:04 pm

OY! I Love TMTS. For the 85th time. Love it. The best way I can put it is to paraphrase what a friend of mine said in another context. It's like a pretty girl with a black eye.

I'm sure Brian's a great guy and a great drummer or else he wouldn't have gotten the gig. The world of hired gun rock 'n roll has got no room for troublemakers. As far as filling jerry's shoes, maybe they should have buried Jerry with his shoes on.

Hell, I love the dolls and they (DJ&SS) get a free pass til the end of time. The 1'st time I heard the dolls I was driving my mom's car and trash came on the radio. I had to pull the car over. It was the only time in my life that ever happenned.

I dunno, I love demos. Cramps , Ramones, Heartbreakers, Dolls, Devo, Saints. Some of my favorite shit by these bands are demos. Hank Williams.

That's all for today, I'm burnt.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 6:15 pm

True or false - "Decimation Blvd." is "punk for punks sake." I say true.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 6:15 pm

Frankenstein demo is the greatest song ever.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 6:16 pm

Not "Kicked in the Head," though, that's got something else going on. But DB is exactly that.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 7:39 pm

todd you seriously don't know what the fuck you are talkin about. it's sad that all those young gays on terminalfagdom actually believe the shit you tell them. get offa my party thread an don't ever come back. i'm serious.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 7:45 pm

The accountant at my office went to White Castle and got some chicken rings and gave me one. It was waaaaay better than I expected. I'll eat 20 fuckin' orders right now, I swear.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 8:03 pm

wifey jus got back from havin her wisdom tooth pulled an got a script for percocets. an she has insurance. party weekend!!!
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 8:12 pm

Take two, blood!
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 8:28 pm

yeah, i'll save some for the first wrong numbers practise. woohoo!!!
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 8:31 pm

You know it's true.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 8:36 pm

well all ican tellyou is i felt it. if you don't that's your problem. now get the fuck off my thread you stupid suit wearin company man fuckface.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 8:41 pm

Great, I'm sure the Carbonas "feel it" as well. It was a down-the-middle punk rock exercise and you know it.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 8:45 pm

bullshit. an most of the bands you love have spent their lives tryin to match it an were totally influenced by it. at least it has songs. the carbonas are nothin. just like you. maybe that's why you ike them so much...
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 8:51 pm

I think the Carbonas have better songs. I thought your stuff had more "oomph" or whatever. I like both, just pointing out some hypocracy.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 8:51 pm

PARTY!
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 10:27 pm

whatever. i have lots of new "songs" for the wrong numbers that you'll probably hate too. just got back from the stop an shop with a six pack f yueng ling an a bunch of snacks. everybody on line had beer. havin one now. gonna listen to the little killers lps andy gave me tonight. an the second side of king louie. i need some new lps. i was tryin to make a list. an bazooka joe man i need a cd-r of that v-lips thing. i'm a big roy hoeke fan. the wrong numbers are not feakbeat. but we dig freakbeat. very much. i gotta find a place with a reel to reel an one mic where we can record our debut single. mono of course. the first 50 customers will even get a btmc xerox sleeve. (maybe.) the wrong numbers wrule!!! woohoo!!!
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 10:39 pm

Last big party weekend for me...or at least until Labor Day...since classes start next week. Saw Lenny Williams from Tower of Power last night - fucking great!! Did all the TOP classics plus Cause I Love You (talked about how he gets nice big checks in the mail now...) and three well-chosen covers - Sara Smile, Move On Up, and Night Time Is The Right Time - all of which he absolutely nailed. Cool, funny guy.

Hahaha...I've never had a problem getting pot

California does have its advantages...

Tonight starts at my favorite dive bar, where my favorite hot large-breasted bartender gives me awesome deals on Labatt's, Maker's Mark, and sandwiches. Then it's on to McCormick and Schmick for their 1/3 pound $1.95 happy hour burger deal. Our jazz festival starts this weekend and later on I'll see the great polka legends Brave Combo. And then...and then...it's the midnight showing of SNAKES ON A MUTHAFUCKIN' PLANE!! Woo-hoo!! Party!!

We could use a little more rock & roll in this town but I'm getting bored with that shit anyway...I can wait for Radio Birdman at the end of the month. I LOVE reunions...but then - I'm old. See y'all Monday...
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 1:07 am

I decided to fucking buy pizza and beer instead of going out and being grieved by shitty music. And I watched WILLIAM SHATNER'S MYSTERIES OF THE GODS on video, what a fucking great film!!!!! And listened to the Fe Fi Fo Fums who I think are fucking great. Speaking of bartenders, I really liked trhe girl behind the bar at the Mutiny in Chicago with the black hair. I couldn't even ask her for beer when it was my turn I'd just say 'Oh, I'm being served'. Yeah, I know.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 5:18 pm

the hipshakes single on slovenly is the best soundin record i've heard i n years. a true masterpiece of punk rock sound. bravo mr. hand. you rule again.

played the first half of the new little killers lp this mornin again. pretty fuckin kick ass. especially the first song. somebody likes the saints...
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 5:48 pm

I didnt record that, they did it at some local council studio for trainee sound engineers. Nobody involved with that recording was over 16!! Insane! My studio's made up of found and home made stuff so the album sounds different. I pointed mics at them and they went for it in one epic session lasting three hours. Then we got utterly trashed and did the vocals.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 6:14 pm

pretty fuckin kick ass.

Thanks. The Saints thing just happens, we're not good enough to be that calculating.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 6:19 pm

we're not good enough to be that calculating.

I studied you, and you are that good.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 6:30 pm

Are not.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 10:26 pm

alright paryt in full effect!!! havin some yueng lings an molson goldens an doin some smokin. got a 24 count bottle of percocets too!!! woohoo!!! need some new records. gotta get that crime lp an some other stuff. i can always spin the hipshakes single twenty times in a row. what a great band. i can't understand a fuckin word they're sayin but i unserstand the language of punk rock, baby. unfortunately gonna hafta miss the little killers an a-bones tonite. too burned an too far. the mets are on tonight anyway. party!!!
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 11:30 am

Hello ello ello llo lo lo lo oh oh oh o o o o
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 3:52 pm

woohoo!!! i musta been really partyin last night. i can't even remember if i watched the mets game or not. i started in on the beers too early yesterday. it was hot out. i guess that's why i'm the party king...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®