Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Cleveland shit
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 6:48 am

what's cool in cleveland?
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 6:52 am

I've never been to Cleveland, you tell me.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 7:29 am

there's a website called coolcleveland.com which is about the furthest away from cool that you can imagine!

cleveland's all over the place. its spread out..... way east is the beachland ballroom & tavern, which has decent shows. there's a record store a couple doors down from the club. the beachland has a fantastic jukebox and its free.

there's the grog shop near one of the colleges. i've only been there a couple times. no one i want to see ever plays there.

there's the odeon - a big box clear channel type place in the trendily developed flats/waterfront

i think there's probably still decent stuff going on at pats in the flats

i lived in tremont for a few months, which has a fair amount of really cool bars and coffee shops and the like. hipsterville, to be sure

ohio city, the next neighborhood over from tremont has the fantastic west side market where you can buy the best pierogies this side of poland. i think that's the very best thing cleveland has to offer.

dead boy jimmy zero still lives in cleveland.
jim jones (pere ubu, part 2) is still around in cleveland
the guy who does my t-shirts is in cleveland - robot zero screen printing - if you're ever in the market for that.

there's some stuff going on in lakewood (also on the west side), but i went there so seldom, nothing stands out.

heir ick?
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 8:47 am

Me thinks Tom from Deadbeat Records moved to Cleveland recently... He done put out some records by the Feelers, Tractor Sex Fatality, Aluminuiummmmmmmknoootereyer, and Haunted George and other stuff...
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 2:49 pm

Bim rules. he's in cleveland. other than that.....i wasn't too impressed.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 3:25 pm

it seems like Bim is never home in CLE but always on the road.
i have seen him once in cleveland and about a million times in other cities
but he does rule mightily
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 3:49 pm

seriously....he's one of the coolest guys i've ever met. he needs to bring this moment in black history to memphis......actually all of those guys are really awesome!
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 4:16 pm

hmm...cleveland sounds alright. im in cincinatti right now and wanna check out other cool cities/towns in ohio. any better places (columbus)?
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 4:22 pm

i like columbus better than cleveland. if you go there check out used kids records.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 5:20 pm

I've lived in Akron, Clevlenad, Columbus, and Cincinasty. The Cleave easily trumps 'em all. Not saying much admittedly. The music scene is really good. It's got its moments. Yr thinking of moving there or just visiting? Columbus is a great place to visit, but living there..........

Yeah, good ol Lamont. This Moment is going to Europe in the fall.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 7:06 pm

"My Minds Eye Records" is an awesome store too.....nice folks as well...
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 7:07 pm

MME is in Cleveland, by the way...
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 7:22 pm

heir ick's full of shit. Columbus rules. We have:

Used Kids
Cafe Bourbon Street (w/taco Ninja)
Carabar (w/taco Ninja)
Columbus Discount Records (and bands)
Cheater Slicks dudes
Feelers dudes
Gene Mullett
Carol Schumacher (reigning sound)
Spawned Gibson Bros, Bassholes (Lamont's better band, hello), Gaunt, New Bomb Turks etc.
Great music scene in general of aforementioned bands
Cheap rents
Good food
I live here.

and it's not a wasteland. I really don't like Cleveland.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 7:22 pm

oops that was me...
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 7:26 pm

p.s. Thomas Jefferson Slave Apartments is reuniting TONIGHT~
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 8:39 pm

Lula Pee, all those things rule.

But the city itself, the invisible fabric that envelopes it; somethin ain't right. Don't take it personal. I lived there like 8-9 years ago, back before a lot of that shit was going on.

The music scene is kicking ass. In fact, got a package from CDR today. Maybe it's just all those Buckeye fans that rubbed me wrong. Then again, Browns fans are just as bad.

Ohio took the best years of my life.

(a joke, sorta)
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 8:50 pm

well, as the Clevo papers always say in the winter, Columbus hates the 216

like there's more money appropriated for snow clean up etc in columbus, the capitol, than cleveland, but cleveland gets more snow than just about any great lakes city outside of buffalo

that kinda thing...

i like ohio. each city has a distinct personality.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 9:04 pm

Actually, this is what Cleveland's like:

Decaying decrepit city
like an old woman with a broken hip
You got pockets of beauty in
those tattered pants
But even those are filled with dirt

Your children are dangerous because they are bored
Your pimps ride the bus because they are broke
Your old men drive motorized wheelchairs
Not because they are crippled
But because they have given up walking

Deceitful disastrous city
like a leaking gas stove in a brokedown apartment

So eager to poison us while we sleep
So delighted at the exploding future
So hateful, hissing in our fated ear

My breath is holding me, dead civic.

Who dares hold you? Who hears your weeping when
the day is over? Who watches their backs during
long, cold nights, just to see your true face?
Will the glow warm bones?

Urban shaman performing a rot dance.

Demonic destroyed city
You took out Levy and Laughner and untold thousands
before them
Sneer blind at these attempts ATTEMPTS
Your contempt at these attempts is so apparent
So fluid So pervasive
Just look around yourself for the evidence
the disgust

Hart Crane is still swimming for sure
His sail soars, his suicide merely symbolic, his soul
searches for shore, he is replenishing the
ocean with his tears

Albert Ayler is Heaven's marching band

Cleveland - born to Purgatory
New York - drown in Hell

He finds his destiny in the darkness
of the river, dreaming feverishly of
Cleveland's nightmare skyline, refusing
his too-soon recruitment into legend, with
his young lungs' rage ---->

"I am not ready for the fires! I am not ready
for the clouds! I am not ready for the long dive
into past, into this world with no Here, no Present, no Whole
Sound, No BREATH! NO breath! nO bReath no
breath NO!"

Eventually, your river, your artery, erupted into flame
In the dead of night, you could hear a sax
gobbling oxygen Greedily, drunkenly
devouring every last vestige of free air

Poet venom dripping scorned-love letters; you may
call it acid rain, a lysergic insurgence,
the tears of God

Far, deep in the folds of abandoned factory flesh
wild dogs wield fangs, wear random animal pelts,
stalk lone persons down murder alley, grinning, laughing
without sound, immune to Ayler's wail, Levy's
hazy anger, the cavernous hollowness blowing through and
around and all over and so spread...

Days clicking away
Scraping on
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 9:08 pm

Maybe it's just all those Buckeye fans that rubbed me wrong.

Well, I'll for sure give you that. It's summer, so I'm not feeling that pain as much right now. But I have a hard time with the redneck//frat boy//dumpster fire setting//car flipping sect myself, along with the yellow ribbon sporting//soccer mom hummer driving//pick up trucks w/flag emblazoned..........but I love so much about this town it evens out in the long run. Shit, it seems like those people have even taken over Athens now.

Hey - you're still young - you have plenty of time to make up for the "lost Ohio years"......

And Mike M - check out Athens!

And I forgot to mention, I hate Cincinnati WAY more than Cleveland.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 9:56 pm

yeah im probably gonna head to check out cleveland, columbus if i get a chance. but i'll be in athens for a few days, i go there every year cause my cousins live there. it rules. thanks for all the info!
Posted: Aug 13, 2006 12:15 pm

i just spent 5ive nights in cleveland last week. saw red krayola/home and garden at this art church called Parish Hall. they just opened in may. across the street is a dive called the CITY GRILL great little shit breather bar with a decent box and a coupla cool hags workin/hanging out. the got a pic of a young fidel castro behind the red hot sausages tub on the bar, a pretty decent philly cheese steak and $4.50 gets you a jack neat and a pbr. they are both on detroit avenue. slightly sketchy area.
other than that i pretty much stayed downtown. there was this quasi-beer bar downtown called bones or somehting bones or words to that affect. it had great beer on tap including hoegaarden.
Posted: Aug 13, 2006 2:29 pm

While we're talking about Ohio, I have to go pick something up outside Akron (north royalton) pretty early today, and we need something to do until the Tom Waits show...........what's good to eat in Akron? Heir Ick? Something close to the civic theatre? Cheap?
Posted: Aug 13, 2006 5:20 pm

akron's closed on sundays. if you'll be in north royalton there's a great indian restaurant - udupi cafe - in parma heights.

and the only decent things to do in cleveland is see live music (odeon, as well as most of flats, is now closed down) & go thrift store/junk store shopping. and pro sports.

actually, cleveland's pretty interchangable with all the rest of the rust-belt/mid-western cities. lots of abandoned buildings, lots of white flight (still) & a sizable amount of obnoxious fat asses.

my mind's eye & the store by the beachland are easily the best cd/record stores but don't come close to used kids in columbus.
Posted: Aug 13, 2006 5:32 pm

udupi cafe

We have a good restaurant by this name in Columbus.....I wonder if it's owned by the same people?

Are there any good thrift stores in the n royalton area?

By the way, Thomas Jefferson Slave Apartments were awesome last night, and so was Times New Viking. I missed Necropolis.
Posted: Aug 13, 2006 6:40 pm

well good riddance to the odeon! i have been in & out of clev-o on one- week trips for the past year... but never went to gigs anywhere BUT the beachland.
when i was there for my writing project (oct 2004 - april 2005), i went to the odeon to see the cramps.... must have been october 2004? what a terrible venue.

did all that yuppie crap in the flats shut down as well?
Posted: Aug 13, 2006 7:11 pm

"there's the grog shop near one of the colleges. i've only been there a couple times. no one i want to see ever plays there."

Mission of Burma just played there on the 27th of July. I'm down with that. Are you not, Miss K.?

The yuppie crap in the flats hasn't totally shut down, however, it's not as rip-roarin' as it was in the '90s. They had a problem of drunks falling into the river & drowning. Sure, it doesn't really sound like that much of a problem, but when people are dying, it's really cause for concern.

Are you guys talking about Udipi Cafe on 161? It's pretty good for a buffet. Indian vegetarian food if anyone's wondering.

Jobs are becoming more scarce in Cleveland as businesses keep moving. Al Lerner made $4 billion dollars via MBNA credit cards. Those are the credit card applications you see at sport venues. Fill out the ap & they give you a beach towel, T-shirt of duffel bag. At any rate, he brought the Browns back to Cleveland, died, & now the business is moving. Don't know where right now. Also, Columbus is far & away the largest city in Ohio now. 'Burbs not included, Columbus proper is over 710,000. Cleveland proper is less than 500,000.

Slave Apartments? I love Bob & Phillip, but where were you when they played with Wayne Kramer 5 years ago & 20 people showed? Or how 'bout the time they played the Redneck, White Trash, & Boombox party, Ron painted himself blue, then ran around the kids drinking outside to get them to pay attention to the band? In 1998 or so, I saw them at Pat's in the Flats. Bob broke into "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" between songs & got a thunderous cheer. Ron followed that up with "Don't encourage him." I steadily lost my taste for an live performance that include Ron since then.

Ohio's all pretty much rust belt, whether we like it or not. Cincinnati's a southern city that just happens to be in a northern state. There's good & bad everywhere. If you know where to look though, there's mostly great.

Also, it should be noted that at the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, the special exhibit is Bob Dylan 1956-1966. If you are into his origin, Pete Seeger, or, especially Woody Guthrie, you shouldn't miss it. Bob Dylan is playing tonight at Cooper Stadium in Columbus, by the way.

My Mind's Eye is in Lakewood, by the way, a 'burb west of Cleveland.
Posted: Aug 13, 2006 7:16 pm

I'm down with that. Are you not, Miss K.?

dude, i was in the sky, flyin to nyc on that date... cool gig. i've missed mission of burma everywhere cuz apparently, we have the same "tour dates" but in different cities!

cleveland as a municipality has so many problems and issues that result in them shooting themselves in the foot.... next time i see you gene, i will tell you about the farce that was the "leadership cleveland" conference i was invited to last year..... just fucking hideous... they had community and business leaders present shit to the "culture class" which they believed me to be a leading member of.... oh god... the business people that run cleveland couldn't be more clueless...
Posted: Aug 13, 2006 10:44 pm

"dude, i was in the sky, flyin to nyc on that date... "

Well, I wasn't really expecting you to go to Cleveland just 'cause some interesting band played the Grog Shop. What I should have said was "The Grog Shop gets good shows. You just catch them at the wrong time." Sorry 'bout that.

"next time i see you gene, i will tell you about the farce that was the "leadership cleveland" conference i was invited to last year"

Really? No inch thick non-disclosure pact you had to sign in blood?
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 2:05 am

Hey while we're talkin about Ohio, just come to pittsburgh.

Wait...columbus is pretty cool though.

But come to pittsburgh anyways, I'm here.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 2:30 am

youngstown is where all the real action in ohio goes down. pittsburgh is cool. i got a gun drawn on me by the owner of the electric banana when we played there in the mid-80's. i played some club in cleveland then too with a big boat in it. heir lick is a douchebag. dirk diggler
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 2:37 am

haha JOHNNY BANANA strikes again!
He's pulled a gun on just about every band that's played there in the 80's.
Now that place is an Italian restaraunt.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 2:39 am

ah youngstown
was there last year to see ma & pa bator and do other stiv related stuff
that burn out town has not changed in 20 years

if you've ever been to youngstown, you will totally understand stiv
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 2:47 am | Edited by: dirk diggler

what was that bar called that that guy owned who threw the partys for all the kids at his house??? he loved us. we played there a million times. youngstown rules!!!

also the youngstown dennys was one of the best i ever ate at. includin rodney's an lux an ivy's dennys in hollywood or the one outside of sf. dirk diggler
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 3:01 am

eh - i'm originally from y-town. its like going back in time to 1978. i was at a bachelor party there on friday night. youngstown underground-type bachelor parties can get pretty freaky. youngstown, as a whole, is pretty sketchy.

the flats in cleveland is getting a bunch of money dumped into it to turn it into yuppie apartments, retail, restaurants, etc. much of the old flats-type scene is now sort of mixed in with the trendier warehouse district.

the only time i saw the oblivians was at the old grog shop. the new grog shop has a/c & a combo ms pac-man/galaga machine. unfortunately, one of the best places to see a show - the euclid tavern - has been closed for years.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 3:19 am

also the youngstown dennys was one of the best i ever ate at.

jimmy zero and i ate all 3 meals there every day when we were in town about a year and a half ago visiting ma & pa bator.... and spending about 2 hours per meal reminiscing about how stiv & jimmy & frank secich and assorted others would fuck w/ the wait staff when stiv was still around... it was awesome. those guys had the most sophisticated form of pranksterism i'd ever heard of

and it was the best denny's i'd ever been to as well.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 5:34 am

Youngstown is home to the Nyabinghi which draws kids from all over the world annually for it's Emissions From The Monolith festival. I'm not really into that kind of music (metal/doom/grunge metal), but the crowd is some of the coolest, most diabolical people I've ever met, which scores highly in my book.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 5:42 am

Nyabinghi

in Jamaica, Nyabinghi is spiritual chanting w/ drums - quite reverential stuff (i did a "behind the scenes" documentary on Keith Richards recording w/ Nyabinghi drummers in Ocho Rios... its really awesome music)

I guess in Youngstown, that is not the case
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 8:06 am

Lula Pee, go to Swenson's. It's close to downtown, some of the best burgers on earth. It's a sit in the car and high school kids run up to you dillie. Get the Galley Boy, onion rings, and a shake. So fucking good. If Luigi's isn't closed, it's right down the street from the Civic. Really good Italian/pizza, but I think it's closed on Sundays.

Also, check out Square Records, real cool small music store. Good cheap used vinyl. Used Kids is hard to beat though, specially for deals. Akron's super-happening now, it's kinda weird. Have a beer at The Lime Spider, which is the main rock club, also on the same street as the Civic.

Beachland and Grog Shop both rule.

Nyabinghi was originally in West Virginia.

. Cincinnati's a southern city that just happens to be in a northern state. There's good & bad everywhere. If you know where to look though, there's mostly great.

True.

heir lick is a douchebag.

Also true.

played some club in cleveland then too with a big boat in it.

That would be the Phantasy, sexy.

cross the street is a dive called the CITY GRILL

That place is a trip. Only Tina's down the road can compare with its white trash karaoke cavalcade.

the business people that run cleveland couldn't be more clueless...

Indeed.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 8:09 am

how is your rib
or your kidney?
funny how they're both also menu items........
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 8:36 am

Heir ick, do we know each other? Do you go to Cleveland Indians games? I know I have an extra ticket for at least one game in September. If'n you wanna go to a Columbus Blue Jackets game, let me know when you will be in Cowtown during the season & perhaps we can work something out. If we can't, there's always drinkin' to be done.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 1:54 pm

No, I don't think we've met. Bim would always mention you. Did you ever make it up to The Black Eye for a show or anything?

Also, I live in Brooklyn now. Moved here about 3 months ago. So, no Indians game for me, otherwise I'd be down for going.

And Theresa, the kid is finally getting better, thanks.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 6:08 pm

heir ick, i'm glad you're getting better. drop a line sometime - i'm coming back to ny in sept.
i've lived in cleveland, cinci and columbus as well. in addition to everything else that's been mentioned, cleveland's got timeless guitars in parma with lots of cool vintage stuff, lots of old lap steels and always interesting cheap stuff. theresa is right on about the west side market - you'll find great spices and sauces, handmade pasta, pierogis that you will have daydreams about, amazing salsa and tamales, and just about any kind of meat, fish, vegetable, or cheese you can think of. it's only open on monday, wednesday, friday and saturday early am until maybe 6pm. on st. clair and about e. 40 is maybe the best bar in cleveland, jerman's (also known as mitzi's). mitzi's been running the place since it was a speakeasy during prohibition. her health isn't so great the last few years, but she'll still welcome you with a fresh bowl of pretzels, hand delivered. nearby on superior is the town fryer, which just opened in the last couple years. nice folks, and great food. i haven't spent much time in cincinnati since leaving 10 years ago, but for just a day or two visit you can find some neat stuff to do, and the scenery is amazing. go to mount adams and check out the view from there. there's a great park up there, too - i can't think of the name right now, but like a botanical garden type thing. gorgeous. also shake it records in the northside is great, jungle jim's grocery out in hamilton is a trip (they have a bunch of old chuck e. cheese characters throughout this giant store that go off every 15 minutes. tons of international food and huge beer and wine selection) and covington and newport across the river seem to have some more going on in the last few years. the columbus stuff mentioned is great as well. there's always good food to be found and used kids is awesome. there's another record store in clintonville worth checking out called lost weekend (n. high and crestview). there's also a few antique shops in clintonville that have good finds, all on high street. hope that helps!
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 6:14 pm

I was born in Cleveland! the two greatest places in the city are just off of Portman Ave. where my grandparents lived: The Honey Hut for chocolate chocolate chip ice cream and the candy store at the corner where my brother and I used to buy Lemonheads and Fireballs but never ever Boston Baked Beans.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 6:37 pm

Cleveland sucks balls.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 6:41 pm

lisalisa! that's hilarious - i grew up on portman! honey hut is some of the best ice cream in the world.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 7:41 pm

SHUT UP!!! That is insane!
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 7:46 pm

they were basically right smack in between Broadview and State...
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 8:22 pm

We found the Square records and got a couple things. Then we went to the Lime Spider for a beer (and the guy who sold me the records at Square records came in shortly after and got behind the bar). But the mexican restaraunt was called Two Amigos and it SUCKED! A few doors down from Square records. We had margaritas and they were $6! At that price, it tasted like $12 per shot of liquor. And the food made Taco Bell seem "authentic."

But we went up to the outskirts of Cleveland first to pick up an Ampeg 4X10 cabinet (4 Ohms!- I'm thread crossing) that we got on ebay for super cheap and the dude threw in a second Ampeg 4X10 cabinet just like it and 2 heavy duty speaker cables! So, I'm liking Cleveland more. Still not as much as Columbus.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 8:52 pm

i'll probably eventually end up in columbus because it will be easier for me to find a job there. i'm there fairly often for my current job.

columbus scares me because it's so white bread. but i wouldn't miss the cleveland snow & gray skies.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 9:20 pm

columbus scares me because it's so white bread.

Yes, we didn't even mention the wonder bread factory here!
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 9:36 pm

lisa-my folks are on the broadview end, right by that market you mentioned. i used to get my peach nehi fix there, then go swimming at the pool on oak park a block over. too funny.

columbus definitely gets a LOT less snow than cleveland. and it's only a two hour drive to cleveland.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 10:10 pm

Also, check out Square Records, real cool small music store. Good cheap used vinyl. Used Kids is hard to beat though, specially for deals. Akron's super-happening now, it's kinda weird. Have a beer at The Lime Spider, which is the main rock club, also on the same street as the Civic.

Did it all except Luigi's. We were talking about going to one of the driveins but got lazy. Square Records had some good stuff! And then the guy that sold us records was behind the bar at the Lime Spider...

p.s. I love my new cabinet(s). I almost felt bad taking them we got such a good deal. Almost.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 10:26 pm

Whats the ice cream place in the Columbus market? That was some good stuff! MMMMM praline ice cream! I'm gonna bring some of those praline cookies from Asheville next time and eat them together!!!!
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 10:39 pm

then go swimming at the pool on oak park a block over. too funny.

yep! we swam there... it really is a small world after all. <tear>
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 4:53 am

Whats the ice cream place in the Columbus market?

Is that the North Market? Crap, I don't remember the name of that place, either, but it's awesome. Just the plain honey vanilla bean in a cup is fantastic. Jeff from The Apes got a cup of something, then we lost him, then we found him a few minutes later with another cup.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 3:13 pm

Slam Jams!
go to
Slam Jams!

and Mitzi's

and then get the fuck out b/c Cleveland suuuuuuuuggggs.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 3:34 pm

that's jeni's ice cream in the north market! amazing ice cream and sorbets with really creative flavor combinations. lavender and blueberry, salty caramel, mexican hot chocolate.. they have an ice cream shoppe in grandview now, too. definitely one of the best things about columbus.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 3:43 pm

definitely one of the best things about columbus.

I guess I need to check this place out!
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 4:04 pm

mexican hot chocolate..

!!!

Nick, we're going there tomorrow.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 5:02 pm

Nick and Lula, glad you guys had fun (minus food) in Akron. You gotta go to Swenson's. The whole world does.

Mitzi's is great (jukebox fuckin rules), but she is one racist ol lady. Always eyed my buddy suspiciously when he was there.

The best thing about Cleveland was Carol Schumacher. Now that she's gone, the town totally blows. That's why you guys like Columbus so much. Carol, why did you forsake us???????

(But now that I'm gone, it might be alright again.)
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 5:20 pm

ha!! but you've forsaken the poor town now, too, so really what hope is there? that's a shame about mitzi - i never got the vibe, but i can't say i've ever really seen that many african americans in there either. the racism in ohio cities is a deep topic though, for sure.
nick and lula, all this talk about jeni's, i can't take it. i'm going this afternoon. do you know what time you guys are playing tonight?
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 5:56 pm

for the .0008% of people who care about such stuff, there's also an excellent vegan bakery on high street in columbus. it's called pattycake or something like that.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 6:23 pm

do you know what time you guys are playing tonight?

Well, the Stapler has to go on first for "personal" reasons which are heeeelarious and I will make great fun of them tonight to their faces......the Aversions probably want to go on 2nd, so we'll probably go on third. Not sure what time that will equate to - probably 12-ish.

pattycake

Go to pattycake! They're having some financial crises right now. Very good stuff. It's the super ugly "artistic" building. Not sure if they have a sign.

Um, what's up with all the unethical architecture in Akron, around the corner from the Civic? I saw some of the ugliest buildings ever.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 7:38 pm

is patty cake in trouble because of the near fire last week? i stopped by while on business and was disappointed to find them closed for the day.

do you think they'd package up an order & mail it to cleveland?
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 8:02 pm

is patty cake in trouble because of the near fire last week?

Yeah, evidently it cost them $10-15,000! I think they are looking to do some fundraisers for them.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 10:23 pm

Hey while we're talkin about Ohio, just come to pittsburgh.

Friends & I had fucking blast when last in Pittsburgh. We started with a game at PNC Park which is beautiful, then followed it up with a trip to the south side up & down Carson street. Blue Lou's & Mario's are great places to put away drinks & the sandwiches at the place called "Fat (something's) were superdope. I wish I could remember the name of that place. It's on Carson, anyways. Other cool points of interest for me in or around the 'Boyg are the Monroeville Mall where the "Dawn Of The Dead" was shot, the Andy Warhol museum, & Frank Lloyd Wright's absolute masterpiece, Falling Water.

The best thing about Cleveland was Carol Schumacher. Now that she's gone, the town totally blows. That's why you guys like Columbus so much. Carol, why did you forsake us???????

Carol had a crappy job with some local giveaway paper & found out she could get the same job with a similar paper in Columbus for a lot more money. Also, she was dating Donovan Roth (of then Bob City fame) at the time. She & Donny are the 2 best practicing bass players in Columbus. Sorry Lula & Joe Simpson. Nothing personal. Matt Reber isn't really a "practicing" bass player anymore, either. At any rate, she has modestly forsaken Columbus & her present squeeze, Jim Weber, as The Reigning Sound, Detroit Cobras, & Gore Gore Girls keep her pretty busy. I am a bum, so I give her a pair of hockey tickets for her birthday every year.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 10:32 pm

except for the suck-ass steelers & all the %$&*# bridges, i like pittsburgh better than cleveland. the cleveland area is too spread out.

and pnc park is beautiful. i was just there for the first time a few weeks ago.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 11:13 pm

Carol, you're in the Gore Gore Girls now, too?

So much for that Librarians reunion.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 11:25 pm

that fat blond chick who used to play bass for the gore gore girls was hot. what ever happened to her????
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 11:53 pm

Carol - are you playing on this upcoming Detroit Cobras tour w/King Khan/BBQ?....
wait - is Greg playing with them still to?....
I'm confused.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 11:56 pm

heir ick, i'm filling in w/ the ggg's for a couple shows. they're looking for a permanent bass player though. 2 weekends in september, midwest and southern stuff. no librarians reunion plans that i know of! supposedly barb and caroline have been living in columbus now for about a year, but i've never seen them.
Posted: Aug 16, 2006 3:32 am

amazing ice cream and sorbets with really creative flavor combinations. lavender and blueberry, salty caramel, mexican hot chocolate.

mmm it would seem that columbus is the san francisco of ohio

that fat blond chick who used to play bass for the gore gore girls was hot. what ever happened to her????

she's in the sirens now
Posted: Aug 16, 2006 2:33 pm

what's her name??? she's hot.
Posted: Aug 16, 2006 9:14 pm

what's her name??? she's hot.

Melody Baeten
Her rock n roll name is Melody Licious
Posted: Aug 16, 2006 10:42 pm

she certainly is. oh, behave!!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®