Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Should I go to the hospital?
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 6:24 pm

I fell at work and bruised my kidney (self-diagnosis). It's been almost a week and it still fucking hurts, lancing, shooting etc. It is slowly getting better and I have not pissed/coughed/sweated any blood. Work would cover it, but.................
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 6:32 pm

Work would cover it, but.................

then it costs you nothing so go - but not to the emergency room
second.... self diagnoses are usually way off the mark

go
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 6:42 pm

Heir ick, go! A friend of mine was hit by a car and they think ruptured a kidney. She had no blood in urine, etc. She didn't go to the doctor. She now has serious kidney complications because they believe the kidney got a scar/callous when it healed due to a possible infection. Especially if work will cover it, GO!!!
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 6:50 pm

dude..one less kidney means a serious decrease in your drinking...

I would go for that reason alone
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm

and remember stiv bators
who did not go to hospital after being struck by moving vehicle
dead
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 7:00 pm

walk it off you pussy
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 7:01 pm

How could I forget Stiv?

Well, Theresa I was about to come down to Passout. Where do I go if not the emergency room? My family practitioner? HAHAHAHA
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 7:13 pm

come to passout and i'll give you step by step instructions, all written down n shit.

i'm looking forward to seeing ya!
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 7:35 pm

If you did it at work, they will most likely drug test you as part of the worker's comp deal....so if your not a weedie I'd go ahead
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 7:44 pm

what crucialfag said.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 9:47 pm

if it will get you painkillers go to the hosipital
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 10:08 pm

believe the kidney got a scar/callous when it healed due to a possible infection.

This happened to me, and I have had years of problems since then, and had to take antibiotics for like two years to keep the infection from coming back. GO DUDE!
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 10:09 pm

PS Scar tissue sucks now one of my kidneys is FOUR TIMES BIGGER THAN THE OTHER ONE!
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 10:13 pm

the longer you wait the worse it might get....and the harder it might be to prove work-related....
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 10:19 pm

If I got hurt at work, I'd go to the hospital immediately. Next, I would figure out some way to sue the company and charge them with negligence and suck off the corporate teat for the rest of my life. There's a rip in the carpet in my cubicle. As hard as I may try, I can't make myself trip over it. I even asked my co-worker to pour water all over the bathroom floor so I can slip on it, but he would not comply.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 10:29 pm

water all over the bathroom floor

try vegetable oil - I think that would do the trick.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 10:37 pm

heir ick was in here, called his work and inquired about what he needed in order to see the worker's comp doc. i am sure he will be fine.

as for those of you wanting to collect from your jobs.... try arranging for acoustical ceiling tiles to fall on your head. that happened to me at PBS when some maintenance people were replacing the fluorescent lights.... it took me 18 months to get workers comp to pay the x-ray bill because of some hospital administrative dumb-assedness. its not worth the hassle, really...
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 10:47 pm

It's totally worth the hassel....I love hassel..
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 10:49 pm

Yeah, a Sparks and some new punk records cured me. All hail the healing power of rock 'n roll.

Probably gonna go though. Can't seem to find one close though.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 11:04 pm

Be careful with the Sparks & your kidneys! A friend of mine ended up with kidney stones after developing a Sparks/Rockstar/Red Bull habit.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 11:14 pm

> Should I go to the hospital?

Yes
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 11:50 pm

It sound like you bruised, or tore a lumbar muscle. Refer to web m.d.. they answer all those kinda' questions.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 11:51 pm

It sounds like you bruised, or tore a lumbar muscle. Refer to web m.d.. they answer all those kinda' questions.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 3:29 am

i would advise you to ignore it. then again i probably hate you more than anybody in the world. asshole.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 3:51 am

If you go, remember that everything you say, your boss will see. All L&I info is relayed to the attending doc, the employer who the claim is against, you, and a L&I Claim Rep. So don't say "yeah, I was puffin' tough behind the dumpster with that hot ass slut from Payroll, then slipped on some bong water and hurt my side".

Or anything to that effect. But go. Kidneys ain't nothin' to fuck wit'. They will want urine samples, so make sure you can 'go', or else you get the catheter.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 8:03 am

then again i probably hate you more than anybody in the world. asshole.

Ohhh, Ned, laughter really is the best medicine. Thank you.

Now I think it's a cracked rib.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 8:04 am

when are you going already?
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 8:10 am

For real!
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 9:18 am

Really I was just indulging all you do-gooder-types.

I enjoy watching the flurry of advice drift down.

(gotcha Theresa)
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 2:05 pm

a cracked rib

I have broken ribs twice. One sure fire way to tell if it's that is if it practically kills you to cough, sneeze, laugh, etc. If it doesn't, then I highly doubt it's your ribs. Broken ribs hurt like a bitch, and the only thing that helps them is time.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 11:07 pm

I hope you die!
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 11:33 pm

you do-gooder-types

Hey! Fuck You!
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 11:33 pm

That me sound tough, huh?
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 4:58 am

They said that the only thing that can cure me is a series of blowjobs from one, "Nedward G. Hayden."

Anyone know that guy?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®