Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / cole alexander (black lips) / bradford cox (deerhunter) - split 10in.
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 2:52 pm

badass 10" from the front men of black lips and deerhunter coming real soon cmoing out on rob's house records!! its old king cole younger and atlas sound!!

track listing:
cole: in my mind, fry, in the garden of eden, i drank the..., fullmoon
bradford: alt, alt, alt, magic lotion, onset, shock mountain.

you may have seen cole's video for 'in my mind' on youtube. the mastered version is better, but check it out at

check out bradford's song 'magic lotion' on his myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/bradfordcox

both the records and covers are off to print so we can take some preorders for this. it'll probably ship out in 4-6 weeks, but since i'm already taking preorders from distros i wanted to open it up to the little guys.

www.robshouserecords.com/020.htm for album art and order info.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 3:21 am

i talked to cole last night. he's got something special in mind for the mailorders!!
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 3:23 am

i talked to cole last night. he's got something

in that case...better give me 5 copies!!
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 3:02 pm | Edited by: CreepySexyCool

i talked to cole last night.

Me too. Somehow, now, I'm getting good advice from a kid 10 years my junior. Cole is a wealth of great ideas! I am lost . . . Can't wait to hear what this sounds like!
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 4:21 pm

Hey,

Can I order Rob's House shit direct for my record store?
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 4:56 pm

Can I order Rob's House shit direct for my record store

yea, send me an email and let me know what youd like.
trey@robshouserecords.com
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 6:14 pm

this is the thing that is floating around on soulseek, right? its fuckin awesome! is it the whole thing? like 26 minutes?
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 6:46 pm | Edited by: trey

this is the thing that is floating around on soulseek, right? its fuckin awesome! is it the whole thing? like 26 minutes?
its the best 12 minutes of it.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 6:56 pm

oh yea, and the 10" will also have one other little goodie that can't be found on soulseek. and the way bradford's stuff compliments it can't be found on soulseek either.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 7:54 pm

i talked to cole last night. he's got something special in mind for the mailorders!!

I was sort of hoping for a lipstick kiss on each cover.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 12:26 am

cole's stuff sounds lifted and gifted. can't wait to hear it mastered.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 12:59 am

how much for shipping and handling to Canada?
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 7:06 am

shipping and handling to Canada?

i'm not exactly sure. does $4 sound fair?
Posted: Sep 5, 2006 8:18 pm

the records came in today!!! (we also sold out today) i'll be packing them up tonight and start sending them off tomorrow. the whole thing turned out really great. i think you'll all be excited.... thanks for being patient.
Posted: Sep 5, 2006 8:25 pm

oh, if you live on the other side of the pond... we got a super-limited tour-only 7" for deerhunter's upcoming european tour with Liars. they're leaving next week, so check out their dates.
Posted: Sep 5, 2006 10:04 pm

dang - this is sold out already?....Goner gonna get any?....
Posted: Sep 5, 2006 10:07 pm

Lame! mikesniper, did you get some for Academy? Any left?
Posted: Sep 5, 2006 10:15 pm

Goner gonna get any?....

yup. 20 copies.
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 7:58 am

so check out their dates

where?
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 12:19 pm

Blacks Lips playing VPRO is on soulseek, that shit sounds waay better..
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 2:36 pm

so check out their dates. where?

here's a link to liars tour dates http://www.myspace.com/liarsliarsliars
deerhunter are leaving on the 14th so they'll catch up with them soon, i don't know which dates they're playing exactly but i think it's all of them, except maybe UK dates..

Blacks Lips playing VPRO is on soulseek, that shit sounds waay better

that's the black lips. this is cole and bradford. apples and oranges my friend.
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 2:47 pm

except maybe UK dates..

Yeah!
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 2:49 pm

Fuck you non-UK pricks!
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 4:37 pm

Deerlips
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 4:40 pm

Fuck you Cumstein!
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 5:31 pm

Fuck you britney Spear!
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 11:30 pm

It's already sold out? Fuck. What distros have them? Any record stores in Canada order any????
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 12:17 am

goner, shattered, bistro distro, floridas dying, midheaven, carrot top, southen, stickfigure will have them.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 1:41 am

bradford needs to eat an apple :)
Posted: Sep 11, 2006 8:34 pm

the records are now at goner.

let me know what you guys think. i'm considering doing a repress pretty soon but want to see how the first ones are received.

thanks!
Posted: Sep 11, 2006 8:43 pm

If they were open today, I'd go down there.
Posted: Sep 11, 2006 9:48 pm

Ummm...has everyone else's been mailed already?
Posted: Sep 11, 2006 10:00 pm

Ummm...has everyone else's been mailed already?

yes, the wholesale orders went out last tuesday, and the individual orders were split over wednesday and thursday. you should get it soon
Posted: Sep 11, 2006 10:16 pm

Goner got theirs Friday. Went in asking for it before Eric had it out on display. Great record. Nice introduction to Bradford. Cole's side is crazy and catchy. Love that last song. The long one.
Posted: Sep 12, 2006 2:05 am

Just ordered mizine today. Sounds like this shit will be minimal, maximal, tasty and tight. I'm pumped. a plus 5.0 gpa hoorah semper fi, Do a repress.
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 2:58 am

B.L.A. holdin it down in g block!!! we gotta record soon buddy. i think im comin back to jersey this weekend although i dont know how much time ill have. ill send you an eeeeeeemail.
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 3:08 am

I just got mines!

Well....what 'was' in his mind?
:-(
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 3:40 am

my copy had a dead bug taped to he cover... someone else on terminal boredom said there's had a cigarette butt taped to the cover. anyone else get anything cool? you missed out, sherry!
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 4:24 am

Ewwww.....
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 2:26 pm

he's got something special in mind for the mailorders!!

sorry sherry, i should have kept my mouth shut on the forum....
he had been saving up dead cochroaches for about a month to go on all the records in little dime bags, and on the day i called him over to assemble them he almost puked when he opened the jar of dead bugs and didnt want to deal with it anymore. we found a few freshly dead ones and distributed those.

just be glad i talked him out of making the covers out of raw meat.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 1:59 am | Edited by: Deaaaath

B.L.A. holdin it down in g block!!! we gotta record soon buddy. i think im comin back to jersey this weekend although i dont know how much time ill have. ill send you an eeeeeeemail.
hekk yes My man My man. I'm holding it real here on the range of our homeland and let me tell you Sarim, it's tasty toasty and tight. Going out to lunch now eating 7-11 rib sandwhiches is good. Email me 4 sure or whatever. We gotta keep that recording train running wild till we dye. On a side note to what this entire topic is all about, is my mama gonna see that Swastika on the cover and think I'm a nazi for owning it?????????
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 5:08 pm

repress available now at http://www.robshouserecords.com/020.htm

this will be the last and final pressing. shipping will begin immediately.
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 8:44 pm

check out pitchforks review of bradford's fulltime band, deerhunter:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/39308/Infinite_Mixtape_51_Deer hunter_Spring_Hall_Con#39308

i don't think they know what they're talking about though when they compare ATL to athens. Athens has been dead for quite some time.
Posted: Oct 26, 2006 11:15 pm

they still think R.E.M. is doing amazing things
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®