Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / New Haunted George shits
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 5:10 pm

Arrived in the mail: new CD on Dead Beat records. Fucking awesome but seems to repeat some songs from the Hook or Crook disc? Hmmm... new songs are incredible.

Plus: SSLD 7". Repeats two songs from the Dead Beat disc and adds two new ones! WOOOOOO!!!
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 5:19 pm

I ain't got nothing yet
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 8:04 pm

Why only CD? And you already got the SSLD 7"???
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 8:18 pm

HG sent the stuff, that's the only reason I got it.

He'res some explanation frolm Mr. HG hisself about the track dupliciticities:

the CD "Bone Hauler" is kinda of a recut of the sampler that I was sending out. 5 songs are off Panther Howl and I wish it were less. Shotgun in my Mouth is not the same take as one the SSLD single. Listen closely to the "solo" and you'll hear the difference. Panther Howl is a vinyl only relsease and "Bone Hauler" is a CD only. Believe it or not, I've had quite a few people write to me and say "Is it on CD? I don't have a record player anymore..." So "Bone Hauler" is sort of for the non-vinyl people. That being said I think Tom at Deadbeat did a great job mastering it and he was faster than any record person I've ever dealt with. I gave him music on June 9th at a show in Glendale last Thursday, August 3rd I picked up a box-load form the factory and sent one to you. That's 8 weeks total and the guy tracked it, mastered it, got the art work together and pressed up! 3 weeks of that 8 was waitng for the stuff to get back from the plant. Anyhow, I got enough stuff for another LP, around 13 to 15 songs that I've done since all this and I gonna do another LP on Hook or Crook with that stuff.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 8:27 pm

tits...
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 8:52 pm

Anyhow, I got enough stuff for another LP, around 13 to 15 songs that I've done since all this and I gonna do another LP on Hook or Crook with that stuff.

Sweet!

Mr. Z needs to get back from vacation! This batch o singles has the potential of being the best batch yet, in my opinion.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 9:04 pm

I came home from work the other day and my wife told me, "You got a package. I think it's some records from that Ghost of Steely Dan you've been waiting for." She's fun.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 9:47 pm

Everybody's got em but Nick. Life is so unfair...
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 9:52 pm

Jasper doesn't either. You two should get eachother pregnant.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 10:04 pm

You two should get eachother pregnant.

It's better than sitting here listening to my oldnonhauntedgeorgerecords.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 10:27 pm

I ain't got nothing yet

Hey Jasper, who are you waiting on stuff from? I thought I sent you some stuff. Let me know. I feel weird coming on here and talking about my own stuff. For some reason I have no problem talking "shit stories" or telling dirty jokes but I feel uncomforable coming on here "pushing product"... If you're already talking about it though... I'll fill you in on whatever. Want to hear something real cool? Sure you do. I am in the process of cleaning out my grandmother's garage and burried way in the back of a cabinet, behind some empty mason jars, I found a dusty old box full of about 50 reel to reel tapes. Some of them are labeled "Town Hall Party 06-14-59" and stuff like that. It takes a long time going through these since they are double sided and each reel holds an hour plus of material. But it's my grandpa taping stuff off TV and the Radio from about 1957 to 1962. There's stuff labeled as baseball game broadcast, radio shows, TV shows, and some Indian stuff. My grandma and grandpa were big on American Indian stuff, she lived on a reservation for a while when she was in her teens, and she told me she has tapes of Indian cerimonies and other stuff. This might be it. One is labeled "Chyenne Singing"...
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 11:03 pm

Holy cow, that sounds like BIG fun. Sounds like a treasure trove!
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 4:23 pm | Edited by: Jasper de Wilde

Some of them are labeled "Town Hall Party 06-14-59" and stuff like that.

I put up some videos of that Town Hall Party with appearances of the Collins Kids, Wanda Jackson ('58) and Eddie Cochran ('59) on YouTube, but my account has been deleted due to copyright infringement. Those Town Hall Party tapes should be amazing if the quality is okay, I dont know about those other tapes but they're from the 50's so they'd be fun to watch too.

Hey Jasper, who are you waiting on stuff from?

Luckily Wlad has sent me the Nasty Prod single and I'm enjoying the fuck out of it for a pretty long time now, but I'm ready for something new.
I ordered the album, along with some other stuff, at Hook or Crook right when it came out but I still don't have it. I emailed James Arthur about it last week and he's on it right now. I pre-ordered the SSLD 7", but it is expected to be released in September. So there's really not much to blame you for. Thank you very much for asking though!!
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 4:30 pm

Hey HG, I had a dream last night that I went to visit you at some apartment. Lisa was there and I think she was missing a leg. We went to watch you play in a diner that didn't know what a Monte Cristo was, so they made me a fucked up Monte Cristo that looked like a wrap. It was totally gay, but you played a great set.
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 4:54 pm

How do we get some HG? Hook or crook? Or do we rate personal service (ahem) Mr. Pallow? I want it all...haha!!! VINYL AND CD...

dream
Jesus, Joe, what have you been eating before you go to bed? This reminds me of one of my dreams and being pregnant I can assure you brings up some crazy shiat in dreams... (Are you secretly pregnant?)

telling dirty jokes
You are the KING of all things perverted, that's fo sho.
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 4:57 pm

Jesus, Joe, what have you been eating before you go to bed?

Bacon pizza last night. All my dreams were cool and music related too. I got lucky. In one of 'em last night I found a batch of Polish reggae 45's (these don't actually exist) in a phone booth.
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 4:59 pm

Polish reggae 45's (these don't actually exist)

okay, they do exist now, but not from the era of the ones I "found."

http://label.siodemki.com/en/releases.php
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:14 pm

Or do we rate personal service (ahem) Mr. Pallow?
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:19 pm

Or do we rate personal service (ahem) Mr. Pallow?

Wendy, Send me your address. If you give it to me soon I can get it out a package to you today.
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:21 pm

a diner that didn't know what a Monte Cristo was

At the County Fair they were making Monte Cristos out of a Krispy Kream Donut as the bread, put in some ham, swiss and then deep fry it!
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:26 pm

No turkey? Otherwise, I'll take a two! Ah ah ah!
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:27 pm

i hate being poor
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:29 pm

Who's this Monty Christo guy? How's he make his sandwiches so good?!
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:31 pm

Who's this Monty Christo guy? How's he make his sandwiches so good?!

He's in the Lamps and he schooled himself at Philipe's.
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:31 pm

i hate being poor

Send me your address. I'm feeling philanthropic.
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:37 pm

He's in a lamp, like a genie? Okay. Well, THAT explains it.
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:40 pm

I wish Cotton was a monkey!
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:42 pm

I wish Cotton was a monkey!

You better slow down or you'll be passed out by dinner time.
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:43 pm

Wrap that MC in some Bacon Pizza and GO, MONKEY, GO!
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:45 pm

pheeeeeeeeeeezy.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 2:43 am

speaking of the Lamps, that new song that have on their myspace is loud, evil, and GREAT. new LP soon, please!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&frien did=3867779
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 3:30 pm

Wendy, Send me your address. If you give it to me soon I can get it out a package to you today.
Boy that was quick service! We've only listened to the CD so far, but we both agreed it was brilliant. Listened to it in the back yard while letting the kid run amuck, so it would annoy the neighbors too. Heheh.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®