Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / NY area bands - Fast, Easy, Painless & relatively cheap
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 8:12 am

I am in NYC for another week, and am available to take your band photos.
Lots of you already know my work. for those who do not, please check it out here: http://band-photos.blogspot.com/
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 8:16 am

Are you going to photograph the Sonic Youth show this weekend (and if so, Friday or Saturday show)?
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 8:25 am

no sonic youth show for me; got other show plans this weekend
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:47 am

are there any cool shows on Thursday in NyC?
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 7:55 am

JAHANA'S birthday party at Magnetic Fields with KARAOKE!!! I'm totally there!
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 8:05 am

ohhhhh yeah.......
I guess Theresa will be at THE CHURCH show (?)
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 8:10 am

although at noon on Thursday Billy Paul is playing in Downtown Brooklyn......
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 8:15 am

oh no i will not!

i will be singing karaoke w/ dtrain
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 8:53 am

Ms. K... Annie Leibowitz gets $80,000 to $100,000/day, plus usage. Is that what we're talkin' here? That girl doesn't have anything on you. ;)
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 8:58 am

word.
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 9:02 am

Ms. K... Annie Leibowitz gets $80,000 to $100,000/day, plus usage.

i got $50K for one photo ONCE and oddly enough, Annie Leibowitz was sitting in front of me when i was opening my mail and showed the check to my friend who GASPED, "fifty thousand dollars for one picture?" pretty much in the same way that joan cusack gasped "six thousand dollahs and it ain't even leathah?" in "working girl."

i figured annie was thinking, IF she thought anything about what she overheard.... "ho hum, that's a half day for me...."

but THANKS for the compliments, gene & dtrain

no... i have a BARGAIN deal for bands. BARGAIN!
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 11:58 pm

oh no i will not!

but seeing colby today reminded me that i have posted a vintage pic of church hearthrob marty willson piper on my portraits page and its available for sale even

i mean.... all those years of babysitting those guys HAVE to pay off somehow, right?
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 4:36 am

50 GRAND for one photo?!?! was that a shot of britney spears giving justin timberlake a blowjob or some shit? holy moly!

maybe i should use my photo degree a little more!
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 6:36 am

50 GRAND for one photo?!?!

album cover buyout: album cover, advertising, billboards, etc. worldwide in perpetuity --- it was a big classic rock band's greatest hits album, which turned out to be multi-platinum in sales. trust me - they could afford it
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 7:31 am

Not that it's any of my business & feel free to bitch slap me if I am out of line for asking, but did you have to go to court over this?
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 7:46 am

i didn't have to go to court.
copyright infringement is a federal offense.
the law provides $100,000 as a penalty - that's statutory. its up to $150,000 these days
we said, pay within 48 hours, and its 1/2. wait for court? we have no problem w/ that...the clocks ticking people.

i just can't tell you WHO it is, but i think you know
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 7:52 am

Fascinating story. I suppose all that falls under the old adage "You are better off not knowing how laws & sausages are made."
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 7:56 am

i think you are always better off knowing how laws work

sausages.... not so much. although i have made plenty of sausages in my day. you know... give a girl a kitchen aid appliance w/ all the bells and whistles and the next thing you know, you have...............sausage
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 8:13 am

"give a girl a kitchen aid appliance w/ all the bells and whistles and the next thing you know, you have...............sausage"

This is my new signature when I post on the Stonerrock.com board. The old signature is as follows...

"It helps if the hitter thinks your a little crazy." - Nolan Ryan
Posted: Aug 13, 2006 7:26 am | Edited by: ChrisG

Theresa K wrote:
> no sonic youth show for me; got other show plans this weekend

See what you missed at Sonic Youth- 5 sec. of 100%... at 2:29, I guess that makes it 7.45% of 100%.

I rarely use the video feature of my camera phone, so I was unaware that it only took 5 sec snippets. I had intended to record that whole verse. I know this clip is from the line: "but I've been around the world a million times"... but no matter how many times I listen to it, I cannot decipher those words from that clip.

In spite of the inferior video and sound quality of the camera phone, the sound quality at the show was actually remarkable. For a "noise" band, their noise was reproduced rather clean, and quite faithfully at that. We grabbed a spot very close to the sound booth, so the quality should have been from the optimal listening point.

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs put on a good show too, but their sound quality was not so great.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®