Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 11:31 am

so i am sweating my ass off in rome today -- newspaper declares l'inferni

there is also a scandal about the capitane of the world cup team but i cant figure out whats happening

porretta terme was beautiful and fun with all the soul musicians the town could handle. got to eat at about 5 different salumeneris, or however you spell it, the cured ham places... lots of fresh cheese too and mountain breezes. hotel had the coldest, cheapest beer in town in its vending machines -- by the 2nd day they dumped the other drink choices and filled it with molte bieri for the memphians

rome is hotter and crazier but a blast -- i dont wanna come home except id like air conditioning... walked to st peters this morning and watched all the other touristas... in piazza della st mary de travastere, which is right around the corner from my hotel, there are a ton of flyers for a punk show with bands that are "similare" to negative approach and straight edge. unfortunately, its not happening until after im gone.

i could live here forever - its beautiful, looks like a waaaay more intense vieux carre in nola, then you careen around the corner and wham - theres an ancient temple occupying a full city block.

pizza is good too

ciao babies
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 12:33 pm

head south
Napoli has the best Pizza
get down to where those old
Emperors went for the summer
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 2:33 pm

yeah, Italy rules....I wanna live in cinque terre. My favorite place in europe. I wana go back...
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 3:53 pm

cinque terre is definately one of my favorite places in italy! did you hike all 5 cities when you were there?
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 4:08 pm

ciao bella!
Sounds like a total blast. Have fun!
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 4:38 pm

watch out for the gypsies at the coliseum...
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 5:26 pm

Are you doing as the Romans do?
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 5:31 pm

watch out for the gypsies at the coliseum...
Fuck that, watch out for the lions!
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 6:45 pm

ha -- walked several miles, then went back to hotel for shower. now i am across the tiber, just stumbling around in the sun. never thought id get on the goner board while on vacation, but the internet cafes and the gelato stands are providing a nice break from the inferno.

i am wandering around looking at stores in the center of rome, and just stumbled across the pantheon. it looks much cooler here than in nashville. also just saw this ruin called argentina, which are four temples built about 100 years BC and uncovered during the 1920s.

ate a crazy pizza for lunch that had panchetta, artichokes, mushrooms, black olives, and a half of a boiled egg stuck on it.

thurs i am supposed to head back to bologna for a friday flight, but fuck it i am gonna stay here! any other goners in rome?
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 6:52 pm

and just stumbled across the pantheon. it looks much cooler here than in nashville.
Duh. You mean the Parthenon,which is/was in Greece .
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 7:12 pm

if you end up in Ascoli say hi to my family!
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 7:14 pm

I know a few in Trieste, but it is far. They expect all American girls to put out, so I cannot recommend, unless of course you enjoy grab ass from Northern Italians that revere El Duce and like blues punk and think friends with guy at Fat Possum because they meet him once in bar.
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 7:17 pm

I've never been anywhere cool. FUCK ALLA YOU!
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 7:25 pm

pantheon, parthenon - whats the diff?
but yep you are right, it was the pantheon, which is a basicilica for someone... really cool and beautiful nonetheless

not going to ascoli or trieste, but grazie

gonna go roam in rome
ciao
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 8:40 pm

pantheon, parthenon - whats the diff? Big difference to anybody that's interested in history and not just the pizza tour of 2006 Italy. I guess you aren't since your above post consistently reads like :" And then I ate.........."
]
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 8:41 pm

just saw this ruin called argentina, which are four temples built about 100 years BC and uncovered during the 1920s.

Big difference to anybody that's interested in history and not just the pizza tour of 2006 Italy. I guess you aren't since your above post consistently reads like :" And then I ate.........."
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 8:52 pm

Joe, let's get some people and go to Europe after the heat dies down. Airline Ticks from NY are cheeeeeap!
Talk to Pete or Alberto about places to stay and get back to me.
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 8:53 pm

Get some people? How about just you and me and our bitches? That's about all I can handle right now.
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 9:01 pm

Go to Baffetto's for pizza. Just off the Piazza Novona, up this alley.

Address is Via del Governo Vecchio, 114. Get there just before 7 cause there'll be a line.
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 9:52 pm

I ate in a chinese restaurant in Rome...on the menu it had a dish called "noodles and ketchup"
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 9:59 pm

Nashville, Italy what's the diff? Try the Chipotle BBQ Cheeseburger at Chili's.
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 10:00 pm

I'd like to hear more about this pizza tour, please.
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 10:41 pm

there actually used to be a club in Nashville called the Pantheon...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®