Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Exploding Hearts
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 6:50 pm

Thinkin' about the HEARS today...Hope all the fans are well and Terri Six too...LOOMIS.
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 7:10 pm | Edited by: bvalentine

Last Show:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Part Five

Maybe somebody can put em all together and post em permenatly on Goner in memoriam.
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 7:45 pm

Awesome - thanks for posting those links. Those guys were sooo good.

Some little cocksucker left a shitty comment on the first video. I guess he's real proud of himself for his "exxtreme" attitude and total disregard for decency.
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 8:03 pm

What's the status of Terry's new band, The Nice Boys? Do they have an album coming out?
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 8:06 pm

I think there's a new full length in the works but i'm not sure. Their new songs are great though.
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 8:38 pm

I haven't see any of those guys around town in a few weeks. Figured they were in L.A. ruling the place or something.
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 10:23 pm

TALKED TO A FEW FAMILY MEMBERS TODAY...IT WAS NICE...loomis
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 10:36 pm

YEAH , THAT WAS LAME. MAYBE WHEN I FIND AND KILL HIM, ALL THE GONNERS CAN E-MAIL HIS FAMILY AND SAY HOW GLAD THEY ARE HE'S DEAD EVERY YEAR!!!
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 10:48 pm

the Nice Boys were gonna play with us in Seattle but I guess they cancelled, too bad.

a
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 10:58 pm

WE SHOULD ALL E-MAIL THAT FAG AND THREATEN TO KILL HIM...
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 10:58 pm

I JUST DID...
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 11:24 pm

I was at that show at Bottom of the Hill and it just got me all teary-eyed watching those clips. THANKS FOR POSTING THEM!! They're really great.

I spotted Terry at the Quintron show in Oakland last Saturday night. Rumor is the Nice Boys album will be out on Birdman Records on August 29th.
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 12:15 am

Yeah, I bitched at that asshole right away...he's just trying to get a rise. Same ol shit.

-Andy
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 4:37 am

I wonder if the lead singer's carpet matches his drapes...?
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 5:18 am

Exploding Hearts
RULE

Too bad a bunch of shitty bands think they can do it now too
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 1:53 pm | Edited by: bvalentine

I once new a girl who told me that Exploding Hearts were complete shit and that the only reason I (or anybody) liked them was because they just died and if they weren't dead nobody would give a fuck about them.
a) I bought that record before they died, it was great then, and it's great now.
b) I havent really been able to listen to it much since the accident. Even though I didnt know them. It still feels sad and wierd to listen to.
Needless to say, her and I aren't friends anymore (for a plethora of fucking reasons). If anybody is in the Nashville area and feels like slashing some tires, email me. Stupid cunt.
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 2:09 pm

Wish that LP wasn't out of print still.
Posted: Jul 22, 2006 1:02 am

The LP is getting reissued...and there's gonna be a singles comp.

-Andy
Posted: Jul 22, 2006 2:18 am

!!!!!!!
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 7:22 am

Exploding Hearts
RULE

Too bad a bunch of shitty bands think they can do it now too

YOU KNOW EVERYTHING DON'T YOU!!!! ALL THOSE "SHITTY BANDS" NEED YOUR DIRECTION BRO!
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 2:06 pm

I actually know a few people who think they're no good, I don't understand personally...

When's the re-issue?
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 4:31 pm

If you don't like the hearts, it's really cuz you don't like the style of music they play...not cuz they are a bad band. the band's actually really good...like nirvanna. a good band. i just don't like the music they play...ODI (over dosed illiterate)
Posted: Jul 24, 2006 1:36 am

YOU KNOW EVERYTHING DON'T YOU!!!! ALL THOSE "SHITTY BANDS" NEED YOUR DIRECTION BRO!

fuck those shitty bands. let retards like you buy their records. stop obsessing over me too dumbshit. I liked the Exploding Hearts. You cant even read a simple comment that speaks the truth.
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 5:35 am | Edited by: tkrichards

I hear large marge cant figure out which band is cuter=the Plastic Letters or the Nice Boys. faggot sure likes to mention he's a homo in hopes that Im one to though. The faggot can keep flirting I guess. I hope he posts a thread about Kid Rock and Pam Anderson getting married so I read some of his inteelgent commentary-stuff like "The biTch haz got big titzBUT I'd fucker as long as I haD some LYsOL then look for his freinds to chuckle.
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 5:45 am

Even I like the Exploding Hearts (before the accident too) and it's not the kind of thing I'm into normally, at all.
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 10:16 pm

there's a nice boys song from the upcoming lp on the birdman website and it's great. sounds very big star/raspberries esque.

www.birdmanrecords.com
Posted: Jul 26, 2006 12:59 am

They transcend genre, like Black Sabbath or The Kids of Widney High.
Posted: Jul 26, 2006 1:31 am

Heard some songs of the new Nice Boys LP....oh man is it terrible. GAY TERRIBLE.

I still don't get how some people like OKGO but not the Hearts...

Nonsensical.
Posted: Jul 28, 2006 4:34 am | Edited by: Andy Junk

About the reissues from Dirtnap site:

"Big big news: It's been in the works for what seems like forever now, but starting on Halloween, we'll be releasing more EXPLODING HEARTS material.
10/31 will see the long awaited reissue of Guitar Romantic on vinyl, as well as a 16 song CD called Shattered, which will compile the bands singles, demos, alt takes from the Guitar Romantic sessions, and unreleased material.
Meant as a tribute to the band and their music (Guitar Romantic is one of our favorite punk rock records of all time, and we're not just sayin' that cause we put it out on CD), the CD will come with a 20 page full color booklet filled with unseen photos from the personal archive of band photographer Chrystaei Branchaw, incredible, extensive, liner notes from Fred "The Barber" Landeen of Vinyl Warning Records fame, and will be enhanced with a 5 song video from their show at Bottom Of The Hill in San Francisco, CA 07/17/03. (their last official show.)
A little bit later on we will be releasing a two song 7" featuring unreleased tracks that are appearing on the Shattered CD. Look for that towards the end of the year."

-Andy
Posted: Jul 28, 2006 4:48 am

Man, that's rockin' good news!
Posted: Jul 28, 2006 7:44 am | Edited by: paulyjerkface

That Nice Boys shit don't sound like the Raspberries or Big Star at all to me.
Posted: Jul 28, 2006 5:01 pm

Yeah!
Posted: Jul 28, 2006 6:25 pm

If you want REAL powerpop, you GOTTA check out the Pink Spiders! URL

teenage, razorblades, modern !!!!!!!
Posted: Jul 28, 2006 9:04 pm

Pink Spiders

that band is gayer than Lance Bass.
Posted: Jul 29, 2006 2:29 am

And that's the really real right there. They make the Plastic Letters seem real.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 11:27 pm

Got Shattered today. Fucking insane and heartbreaking at the same time; like running into an old, really close friend whom you had a falling out with. Great liner notes and good pics (Louie too). Videos are nice too. Whatever.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 11:36 pm

Yeah, I gotta get that. The vinyl, too, as it's something I always play at parties but stress out about 'cause now it's worth a trillion bucks.

Also- there's a kind of a goofy write-up/review of "Shattered" in the WW today.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 11:42 pm

Yeah, that write-up is what reminded me that it was out. I had some of that demo stuff I downloaded before, but the mix on this (don't know if it's different or not) sounds much better - probably just me being giddy. Love hearing Louie on backing vocals too. My LP NEVER comes out of the dust jacket, just sayin, but I guess that's against the point, isn't it.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 11:50 pm

I made a shrine for the Exploding Hearts for Dia de los muertos today to present to my spanish class. Some twit questioned the validity of the term powerpop.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 11:50 pm

It is really good.
Posted: Nov 2, 2006 1:10 am

i once applied to them as a drummer
Posted: Nov 2, 2006 5:09 am

I would like to see these videos but I can not. Why? It seems they are set private, could someone "unlock" them or tell me what I am doing wrong.
Posted: Nov 2, 2006 5:10 am

P.S. Thank You in advance.
Posted: Nov 2, 2006 8:15 am

what's the Loomis thing, Louie? Pull that feller off his Chin Yen seat!
Posted: Feb 19, 2007 2:15 am | Edited by: Windy

The Millionaire's kids' new favorite band. I think we listened to Jailbird and I'm a Pretender about 10 times today.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®