Posted: Jul 17, 2006 4:28 pm

Wassup Haters
Posted: Jul 17, 2006 4:37 pm

We're gonna h8 gonna h8 h8 h8 tonight!
Posted: Jul 17, 2006 5:48 pm

Has anybody seen this yet?

Some awesome review quotes about Larry Clark:

"(Larry Clark) probably takes greater interest in teen sex than teen-agers do."

"(Larry Clark) never met a teenage boy he didn't want to see parading around in his underwear."
Posted: Jul 17, 2006 6:04 pm

I haven't seen it yet myself, but a buddy saw it and said it was real good. I just found his 'banned' movie, Ken Park, on Demonoid last night .. downloading it right now. Wassup Rockers is on there too.

There was a Clark career retrospective at the International Center of Photography last year. It was the first time I'd seen all of his early Tulsa photos of gun-toting speed freaks and junkies in the early 60s. That shit is fucking amazing.
Posted: Jul 17, 2006 6:15 pm

There was a Clark career retrospective at the International Center of Photography last year. It was the first time I'd seen all of his early Tulsa photos of gun-toting speed freaks and junkies in the early 60s

When I took a photo class, our teacher showed us slides of these constantly. Soooo fuckin cool...
Posted: Jul 17, 2006 6:28 pm

there's a coffee table book of that stuff too right?
Posted: Jul 17, 2006 6:50 pm

The reason 2 see this movie is that it has hard rocking bad boys Defiance's music on screen. I saw it in the preview. Defiance is a spiked jacket band.
Posted: Jul 17, 2006 7:20 pm

there's a coffee table book of that stuff too right?

Yeah and it's easy to find. Pretty cheap on Amazon ...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0802137482/sr=8-1/qid=1153160430/ref= pd_bbs_1/102-8696982-8121757?ie=UTF8
Posted: Jul 17, 2006 7:50 pm

'Ken Park' is fucked-up.

Tulsa photos are awesome.
Posted: Jul 17, 2006 8:27 pm

Agreed. Tulsa is chilling.
Posted: Jul 18, 2006 7:09 pm

Ooh jealous. still havent' seen Ken Park.
Bully's pretty uncomfortably excellent.

Tulsa. fer real.

Wassup Rockers is totally fun. Larry Clark meets afterschool special/recommended.
Posted: Jul 18, 2006 7:23 pm

Is there anywhere to find those Tulsa pictures online. Sounds great, but I can't afford to wipe my ass right now.
Posted: Jul 18, 2006 7:25 pm

I saw "Bully" stoned out of my gourd in a motel room in Memphis a few years back. The shit really kicked in hardcore during that brutal murder scene at the end of the movie. I was hiding underneath the covers during the whole thing. My chest was burning and I thought I was going to die. Scary stuff.
Posted: Jul 18, 2006 8:08 pm

Ken Park is pretty mediocre, unless you like watching close ups of a teenage boy asphyxiating himself while jerking off.
Posted: Jul 18, 2006 8:21 pm

Is there anywhere to find those Tulsa pictures online.

I just did some googling but came up pretty much empty-handed. Through the amazon link I posted earlier, you can look at a few images from the book but they're not the really gritty stuff. Maybe the donkey could help?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®