Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / sunburn remedies?
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 2:30 am

Okay, my back feels like it just got slapped for 4 hours straight by the japanese olympic slapping team.

I have:
goodys powders
booze
avacados
a bathtub
dr. bronners hippy ass liquid peppermint soap
3 not-so-great boiled crabs
limes
a chicken that I meant to cook 5 days ago
and some other stuff

someone help me out here!
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 2:34 am

noxema always worked pretty well back in the day. it's kinda gross, though. do they even still make noxema?
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 3:16 am

yes, they still make noxema

martel - VINEGAR takes the sting out of a sunburn
aloe works well also to soothe your pain
go get either or both

the dr. bronners hippy ass liquid peppermint soap might actually STIMULATE your skin to the point of feeling like it is burned... but i could be wrong about that.

if you drink enough booze, you will at first feel all the pain of the sunburn... then you'll feel nothing at all, of course, provided you do drink ENOUGH booze
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 3:21 am

drinking enough booze will not be a problem

I don't have vinegar or aloe, and getting some at this hour would be a nightmare. the peppermint soap I am afraid of. it would probably feel really good and really bad at the same time.

so far I took a goody's, and emptied my old overholt bottle into a mason jar filled with ice and bitters.

I am a wretched, wretched person.
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 3:25 am

benadryl and likker. youll sleep until it doesnt hurt so bad (the sunburn part)
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 3:27 am

I remember last time I was at Lake Tahoe swimming for 4 hours straight on the hottest day of the summer. The water there is crystal clear and it reflects like aluminum foil.

"I don't need sunscreen! I don't burn!"

Worst pain I ever had, next to the hangover I still have from Staurday.
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 3:38 am

do you have MILK
pour it on a cloth and put it on your burn
milk supposedly calms any burn
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 3:49 am

no milk.

I do have yogurt though.

and syrup.
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 3:51 am

try the yogurt
make a compress (it should be close to room temp - not fridge-cold) change or remove after about 30 minutes
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 4:10 am

Vinegar first. Then go buy a huge thing of that aloe gel. Benedryl or better in the way of pills. You'll have to keep putting a constant layer of that aloe gel on but it really feels great. Sit in front of a fan. The last bad sunburn I had was brutal. My legs swelled up like a pregnant woman's and I now have tons of freckles that weren't there before. Disgustin'.
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 4:56 am

Womb raider, don't use any heavily perfumed soap otherwise you will feel like dying. I had a fucking bad sunburn while fishing a couple years
ago, nothing could help me but booze and weed. Maybe some cream kinda like aloes shit can be good but watch out, some of those can just
make the pain worst.

Good luck!
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 5:00 am

Solarcaine. Lie in a cool bathtub if you can...
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 5:02 am

Just found a couple of things that could possibly help...

home remedies for sunburn
Mix 2 teaspoon tomato juice and 4 tablespoon buttermilk and apply on the face. Leave for 1/2 hour, and wash off.

Mix olive oil with equal quantity of vinegar and apply an hour before your bath for sunburn relief

Make a paste of Barley, turmeric and yogurt in equal proportions. Apply it over the area of sunburns for sunburn relief.

A thin paste of sandalwood applied to the sunburn area is beneficial
Sunburn Soothing Bath
2-4 cups *Colloidal (not regular) oatmeal
1/2 to 1 cup baking soda
1-2 cups powdered Chamomile flowers
1 cup buttermilk, optional

Add all ingredients to bath water, or wrap in cheesecloth and tie to the faucet for adding aroma.

Various Natural-Home Made Remedies

1. Apply undiluted apple cider vinegar to sunburn.
2. Mix 10 ounces Non-fat Dry Milk, 2 tablespoons salt and 25 ounces water. Saturate cloth and apply to sunburn 20 minutes.
3. Apply mayonnaise as a skin cream to sunburn.
4. Use Aloe plant, or pure aloe vera gel.
5. Apply peanut oil to sun-burned area(s).
6. Apply thin slices of cold cucumbers, apples, or potato directly to the skin.
7. Apply cold, plain yogurt, then rinse with cool water.
8. Apply cold, used tea bags to sun-burned eyelids to relieve pain and swelling.
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 5:09 am

i have a feeling martel is in a tub of ice w/ his booze
possibly w/ yogurt all over his burn
it sounded like he didn't want to leave the house to get ANY ingredients that weren't there.

chris???
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 5:54 am | Edited by: elle

yikes. i don't know how much any of that stuff would work.. i would just sit in a bath boozin' it up like a motherfucker. i hate sunburns. the last time i had one, my boyfriend got me some smelly lotion with aloe in it and it burned even worse after that cuz of the heavy perfume. i said "aloe" and he gets aloe lotion. can't get mad though, cuz he tried. anything with alcohol in it in contact with the burn will just make it worse. peppermint works as an astringent methinks, so i wouldn't do that either.
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 6:39 am

martel - VINEGAR takes the sting out of a sunburn
aloe works well also to soothe your pain
go get either or both

What TK and fierydrunk said...

plus - very important: drink lots and lots of water. Dehydration + sunburn = total agony. Trust me on this one.
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 6:39 am

just make sure that once you get the pain under control you moisturize like a mother fucker, otherwise you are gonna peel like crazy.

and why didn't you come be my cabana boy???
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 8:05 am

goody's are fine but you need an anelgesic with anti-inflammatory properties... like ibuprofen or naproxen sodium. noxzema is good but it can be painful if the burn is bad enough.
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 8:25 am

naproxen sodium

the rx version of aleve, fyi
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 9:45 am

naproxin sodium only makes me tired. i hate that shit. ibuprofen is aiight though. loratabs = better. yeah, what windy was saying. why can't you come be a cabana boy here in memphis. we'll feed you all the hot dogs you want.
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 4:46 am

Did you have any sunblock on, Martel? Did it fail you? I don't remember anything working a whole lot besides hiding indoors in air conditioning and slathering yerself up with aloe like every 20 fucking minutes. My folks used to put vinegar on me, but I don't recall it making me feel a lot better. Perhaps you need to wear a sombrero for a few days.
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 6:00 am

Pee on it.
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 6:41 am

lots of sweet ass urine remedies here.

for instance:

We had a teen girl that was in our care, by court order. We were foster parents. This 14 year old girl whose family came from one of the deep southern states, came to me and ask for a cup that was disposable. I gave her a paper cup and ask why she needed it. Her answer was quite a shock to me. She said she had an earache. She would urinate in the cup and pour it in her ear. That is how her granny cured earaches. Has anyone else heard this cure?

Yes; my Dad (who is in his 70s) told me that was his mother's cure for an ear ache. (My grandmother was from very rural east Texas, with Tennessee roots.) Your foster daughter's granny had access to a modern refinement - the disposable cup. Daddy said he learned, real young, to tilt his head a little to the back rather than forward, because the warm urine usually trickled out of the ear and ran a bit. I like to tell this cure to my children's pediatricians and watch their faces.
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 10:54 pm

PUT DA LIME IN DA COCONUT
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®