Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Update Bob Seger..?
jackpenetrater
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 3:24 pm

I'm not some massive Seger fan, but he does have an impressive Dicography & I've heard hes great live.Is there an album-of Remakes due out soon??..Will he tour to support it??..Any info-much appreciated-I'd definitely buy both.
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 5:47 pm

He called me to play drums but I was sleepin'
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 6:10 pm

Detroit has been a buzz with Seger news the past few weeks
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060609/NEWS11/606090 09

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060620/NEWS11/606200 03/-1/BUSINESS07

or are you talking about the kid that tries to talk gangsta on this board and post even more gayer links than the operator?
jackpenetrater
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 7:34 pm

Talkin' the Original "Ramblin'-Gamblin' Man"!!..Thanx for the on the money links!...I've missed him live a couple times-DEFINITELY want to see him this tour!
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 7:37 pm

Is it real...or is it a Street team...
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 7:39 pm

i fuckin' love bob seger, all of it. i never thought i would get the chance to see him live and if he does tour there is no way i will miss it.
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 8:10 pm

A duet with Kid Rock. I guess it was only a matter of time.
jackpenetrater
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 8:28 pm

Checked the discography.again..on Amazon..Hes got TWO!!-Greatest Hits packages..and NEITHER!!-Has "Ramblin-Gamblin' Man"..??Can someone explain that to me??..THAT!-is MY fav..tune by him..easily.!!
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 8:30 pm

A duet with Kid Rock

i guess not all of it.
jackpenetrater
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 8:40 pm

It was a long-time ago..Wasn't "Ramblin-Gambiln Man"-a TOPTEN hit??..If yes..Isn't that "World Acknowledgement"??..Maybe-I'm remembering it-as a bigger hit than it was??He' included a hot live version-of it on "Live Bullet"-that sold millions!
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 7:21 pm

i think hes moving to town today!
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 8:19 pm

hey grosso, watch out for his duet with Maria Mckee too.
Posted: Jul 3, 2006 5:26 pm

UPDATE: he was spotted last night at Main Street Pub in the V.I.P. room eating pizza and drinking beer
Posted: Jul 3, 2006 5:35 pm

Posted: Jul 3, 2006 5:37 pm

Down on Main Street, you say? With the pool halls, the hustlers and the losers? Was he standing on the corner at midnight, trying to get his courage up?
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 2:18 am | Edited by: dale

He's sounded like that since '75 or so.

ALL the Seger info you would ever need is all in this website

http://home.comcast.net/~kevmal/SBnews.html

Seriously...It's pretty extensive.

I think "Mainstreet" is about Ann Arbor. That's all the explanation I've ever heard discussed about it.
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 2:31 am

The story of why a lot of the old Seger stuff is not available on CD is because

a) He or his manager dislikes a lot of the people that play on those records and if they're in print they'd get paid royalties
b) He hates the way they sound
c) He was a heavy druggie then and that "was a long time ago"

I dunno if any of them are true but I've heard all three spoken several times at record stores and parties through the years
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 10:07 pm

UPDATE: Bob Segar and I drank olde style last night. He seems cool.
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 10:20 pm

Got this email from Billy Miller last night:

Hey Joe - I saw your post of Bob Seger on Goner site. The "black women" backing vocals on RGM are provided by none other than everyone's hero future Eagle Glenn Frey. We were able to use Frey's garage record (and pic of him wth a Beatle haircut) by the Mushrooms on our Friday At The Hideot album, but the Seger stuff was bought up by Cameo in the 60s and is now owned by Abkco who won't license it. That's the ONLY reason that stuff's not out. Cameo signed ? and Mysterians, Rationals, Terry Knight and the Pack all out of the same Detroit scene. We did get to use cool pics of Seger's teen bands on the album and he plays on the Omens cuts that we used, but no-go on his own early cuts. Miriam's old boss Marty Thau was Cameo's promo man on Seger's great Heavy Music, but the company folded as it was climbing the charts.
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 10:30 pm

Friday At The Hideot
That's a bad assed album, even w/o The Last Heard (not that I've heard anything by them). The Pleasure Seekers alone are worth the price of admission...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®