Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Record stores in Toronto?
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 10:01 pm

Thanks for the help with Minneapolis, now I'm looking for records in Toronto.
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 12:48 am

Neurotica, Rotate This, Slinky, Noise Annoys are all on the North side of Queen street. Vortex/Kopps/whatever it's called is on the South side. There's also Lost & Found, Round Again, Sonic Boom. Soundscapes is good but almost exclusively CDs.
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 1:33 am

Great, thank you.
I've heard about Rotate This, Sonic Boom and Neurotica, already. I'm hoping I can make it to 'Rotate This'.
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 2:20 am

also try sit on it and rotate.
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 5:11 am

Jesus that was terrible.
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 7:50 pm

Noise Annoys is the best place for punk. Rotate has a little bit of everything and some decent used stuff, but its not that great. I haven't checked out Slinky yet, but Daneau got Black Monk Time LP there, so it must be good. Good places for used records are: Neurotic (on Queen), Around Again (Baldwin), Spinnables (Markham), Paradise Bound (Augusta), and Lost and Found (Bathurst). Sonic Boom is also worth a look. They'll buy anything so its pretty hit and miss, but I've found some pretty good stuff there in the past.
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 10:08 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I really appreciate it.
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 10:54 pm

no problem.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 4:50 pm

Hey I'm there now, I should be able to hit up a few of them today. Thanks again for the hook up.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 6:33 pm

You make it to the "Punk-Rock All Stars" show last night?
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 11:08 pm | Edited by: stealth387

Nope, haven't been able to get to any shows. I did manage to get to several record stores, Noise Annoys, Rotate This, Neurotica and Sonic Boom. Found some cool things, Goner records etc.. That are not available here in any way. Bought the Go! Team LP and an MRR zine.
Can always count on Goner folk to give direction to the good spots, thanks.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®