Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / coolest toy ever
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 3:25 pm

Posted: Jun 21, 2006 3:38 pm

Posted: Jun 21, 2006 5:25 pm

Posted: Jun 21, 2006 7:38 pm

Coolest toy ever was the Vertibird- or at least it was when I had one in 1974.
http://www.nostalgia.condoris.net/vertibird.htm
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 8:03 pm

vertibird was BAD ASS.
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 8:41 pm

Japanese kids get all the fly toys! At least i was lucky enough to have a glow in the dark Sucker Man!! circa 1979..
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 12:34 am

There are still versions of the vertibird out there. I saw what looked like an old one at a smalltown dime-store/pharmacy recently. It was probably a knockoff but it was full size. I usually see minature versions in the stores today. If my kid was a little older, I probably would've bought it for "him".

I miss the dangerous, eye gouging, choking hazard toys of the good ol' days.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 1:16 am

I miss the dangerous, eye gouging, choking hazard toys of the good ol' days.
Kids in the 21st century couldn't handle lawn darts. They're too soft thanks to things like juice boxes, whole wheat bread, and Blues Clues.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 1:28 am

On the toy instrument tip there's the Stylophone. Cool.
http://www.stuffwelove.co.uk/images/stylobox2.jpg
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 1:38 am

Of course, when I was a kid Action Man ruled.
http://www.vintageactionman.com/german.html
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 1:42 am

Those have to be the biggest sideburns ever sported by a panzer captain in the SS.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 1:49 am

Well, Action Man was always a man of his time. That model must have been from a certain year in the 70's. None of the ones I ever had had sideburns. But I suppose it's a bit like a low budget period film where they don't really attempt to change the haircuts and the like.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 1:51 am

action man?
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 1:59 am

Ask Muddy Spear about Action Man. He's a bit young to have been there in the heyday, but he'll know.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 3:10 am

I remember lawn darts....wasn't there a rash of people getting impaled by those things.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 4:16 am

i had a suckerman too! though not the glow in the dark one, mine was red. i spent hours flinging that thing at the ceiling in my parents' kitchen as a kid and waiting for it to fall down...until the fateful day when i knocked the glass globe off the light in the kitchen ceiling (which fell and broke over my head.) then, no more suckerman on the kitchen ceiling.

i also had a stretch armstrong X-Ray monster when i was a kid. he was a lot of fun until i took him to the beach for an afternoon, then something weird happened to his "skin" and he wouldn't stretch so much. boooooo.
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 1:59 pm

Posted: Jul 4, 2006 2:56 pm

ok, pie face wins
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 3:03 pm | Edited by: dag

Action Man is just the english version of G.I. Joe.
i've noticed that you can still pick up versions of stylophones in some places,i want one.
I bought one of those Transformers talk boxes, but ya couldn't get any thing clearish sounding out of it, plus you had the problem of getting it near your pick ups. the best for that kind of goofyness were some marvel super heroes that came with little talking backpacks. Just hold Venom close to your pickup and hear an amplified "I want to eat your brain!"
and as luck would have it , i also played a little Pie Face last night actually.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®