Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hell's Kitchen (the tv show)
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 5:15 am

Oh fuck, I turn on the tube exactly at 9 and there's Hell's Kitchen on! I didn't know there were doing a second season or anything. It's a great show, though since I watched all (or most) the episodes last season I dunno if I'll watch more of this. A few weeks ago turned on BBC America and they have a Hell's Kitchen with Ramsey too. It looks really good but it was the very end. I'd like to see the overseas version more than another American. But since I only watch like an hour or two of tv at most a week I'll probably never see these shits again I bet. I don't have enough interest to see more of what I've already invested enough time in. Speak..
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 6:22 am

i watched it for the first time tonite and looooooved it. that dude is somethin else! that sarah chick needs to take a hike though.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 3:06 pm

that fella sweating all over the place should not be a chef. that aint right
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 3:38 pm

i have become enamored of this show... great bit where the one girl is trying to hit on the Chef/Bachelor as he takes them out for yacht rides/ helicopter trips... lots of swearing. lots of screaming.

they're keeping that incompetent, insolent NJ dude on the show only to mess everyone else up. good reality show tactic. trump used it, too.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 3:49 pm

I think Saint Sarah has the hots for Giacomo.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 4:22 pm

Yeah this year's Hell's Kitchen has a serious T&A component! Esp. one "chef"--it is pretty insane.

The BBC one is GREAT, as in, seriously a good TV show, not kitchy weirdness like Hell's Kitchen. Ramsey still curses like mad, but he is actually doing something real, not trying to create chefs out of bikini models and old sweaty losers in their "Second Career".
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 4:39 pm

I'm not sure what it says about me that the only tv I watch is Hell's Kitchen and Deadliest Catch.
Chef Ramsey should make those contestants do a season on a crab boat.....wait....I know what is says about me......loser
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 4:47 pm

Ryan loves Deadliest Catch. I sort of peripherally watch it.

I am thinking Gordon Ramsay must despise whomever cast this season on HK--I mean, JESUS. I am rooting for the felon/prison cook, Garrett.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 6:13 pm

Ok..ok I watch Hells Kitchen as well. I watched last season and last season they had people on there that could actually cook. The guy that won was actually really badass. This season I just cant picture any of those fods running a "millon dollar restraunt". I guess the front runners in my opinion would be the ex prison cook and the power lesbian, still seems like they could fuck up toast! Deadliest Catch is actually kind of entertaining as well. I might have to check out the new shoe America has Talent that comes on tomorrow night. Gonna be some freaks on that one for sure.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 6:15 pm

Check out what that guy is doing now, Colin! Total goofball.

http://www.skullandcleavers.com/
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 6:16 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

The best part of last night's episode was when the prison cook kept whistling to the chagrin of Ramsay and after the third time of being lambasted by "Chef", he started HUMMING instead.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 6:38 pm

I love this show!!! Any food/cooking show hooks me at least initially, and as Eric O said...the swearing and screaming KEEPS me watching.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 6:41 pm

Calling someone a "sweaty mop" and a "donkey" doesn't hurt either.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 6:42 pm

Ramsey, like Whitney Houston on the Bobby Brown reality show, has an all important catch phrase, too: "MOVE YOUR ARSE!!!"

Favorite part of last week's episode was when he got in Giacomo's face and told him he should be a hair dresser, "poncing around here with women's hair." Fucking hilarious.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 6:46 pm

Oh man, if you loved that, check out his BBC America show. WOW--he does the same kind of thing, but it comes off as twisted kind of love as it is a real restaurant he is trying to "fix".
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 6:52 pm

Damn...that dude is a goofball!! Nice cooking tats!!
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 6:53 pm

I lived in London for the '03-'04 school year, which may have been the first year of "Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares." A much better show, in my opinion, and they didn't bleep the cuss words. He genuinely cares about helping get those restaurants back on their feet.

How are any of the bozos on Hell's Kitchen going to run a "million dollar restaurant in a billion dollar resort"? Sounds like a million dollar sinking ship.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 6:58 pm

Ryan said that likely they'll just have their name as Executive Chef as a formality and be allowed to design an initial menu and quietly be shuffled out the back door. They would never let one of those fools run a restaurant of that size.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 7:14 pm

This show is fantastic.
I do agree that the "talent" is not as strong as even last season's.
Love how they found a semi-abrasive NY/NJ guy both times.
Guess I need to see the BBC version.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 7:20 pm

He is definitely nicer to his own countrymen! It is about the tone of the show though; I am sure Fox is telling him to freak out more than he ever would in reality. Though I must say, the talent this go-round would make me lose my shit also.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 9:11 pm

Who let Sloth from the Goonies on the show?????
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 9:47 pm

$5 to whomever can remind me the name of Sloth's signature dish for Chef Ramsay.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 10:08 pm

I've never seen a man yell the word "RISOTTO" with such anger and fury.
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 3:27 am

at first i liked heather, but now i'm all about the deli chick.
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 3:30 am

$5 to whomever can remind me the name of Sloth's signature dish for Chef Ramsay.

cha-ching tuna? or was it cha-ching chicken?????

i wish the housewife from last year won....
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 3:41 am

Ha! Ryan just told me it was "Cha-Ching Tuna Tartare". To describe it to a wary Ramsay, he said, "It's slammin'. It's money."

Do you have a Paypal account c lotta?
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 9:47 am

ha ha....buy your cats some slammin' tuna with my 5 bucks.
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 3:17 pm

I think Saint Sarah has the hots for Giacomo.
He looks like the strokes. I prefer the fishmonger dude, but he couldnt take the heat.
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 3:20 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Ha! Larry the Fishmonger. The conference call from his hospital bed was rich: "Keep keepin on brothers, stay focused! Stay strong!"
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 6:49 pm

Wow. Last night he was so pissed I could barely understand anything he said. And that sweaty Tom. What a pathetic piece of trash! That sad sack, "I am 43 and I've been through 4 careers and THIS IS IT FOR ME" business???? Oh my god.
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 9:32 pm

Sarah is a sneaky sinister bitch...I like it. The dyke I refer to as "coach"(rachel) is annoying beyond belief. I like this show. I Gordon is supposed to be this outrageous hardass, but what these dipshits do sometimes...his behavior is not out of line at all.
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 9:42 pm

Anyone who's been in the military will appreciate the boot camp mentality of watching these idiots get squashed for fucking up. I like the show because I like food and it will be twice as satisfying when the lightbulb finally goes on for these people and they get their shit together. Also Virginia's tits seem to be emitting some sort of laser beams through the television that make me lightheaded and giddy and her blue bikini top is powerless to stop them. GodDAMN.

-Ryan
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 10:13 pm

It is taking these morons an awful long time for that lightbulb to go off.

CLASSIC moment when Rachel the lesbian fell with the ice. Isn't it a little crazy how much she worships Gordon Ramsay?

I have a sinking feeling that Virginia will be the last female to go, a reluctant but neccessary goodbye by for pimp Gordon.
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 4:41 pm | Edited by: eric o

bye bye rachel!
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 7:44 pm

I haven't seen any this season cept for the first couple episodes. I think it's hilarious. Those people couldn't cook themselves out of a popcorn bag. They usually desrve the screaming. Last season there were some actual chefs on there. BBC show sounds interesting.
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 10:12 pm

The "coach" is gone...Heather was all broken up about it, they was prolly snugglin...

Still waiting for Sarah to pull some real sinister shit..shes gotta, shes a real cunt.

I thought the "taste" test was hilarious....catfish eggs as caviar...wouldnt the taste of shit and muddy water be apparent in something like that? hot dog pate! classic!
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 10:30 pm

Heather and Rachel are going to get together after Heather wins the show, she can hire rachel to be her personal chef.

I think that pigfaced Virginia's the one with the hardon for "gordon"....

Me personally, I'm rooting for K-Grease
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 4:39 pm

So, I missed on Monday....Sarah finally got the boot....was it a no-brainer? or were they all up on the block?
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 4:55 pm

K-Grease is so retarded, but he is obviously the winner in this gang of losers.

The only reasons Virginia did not go were (1) Boobs and (2) she got immunity from a bunch of construction workers for said boobs.
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 5:19 pm

Sarah probably has bigger boobs than Virginia. Not that I pay attention to those kinda things.

I just want Heather to get kicked off so I won't have to see anymore of her dumb facial gestures during the interviews.
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 5:26 pm

Not that I pay attention to those kinda things.

yeah right.

I think heather is kind of endearing....a goofball.....but, yeah, it'll be K-Grease.
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 5:28 pm

My wife and I have a bet for dinner--she thinks Virginia's gonna win, I say K-Grease.
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 5:34 pm

i been missing out... i love british nincompoops yelling at american idiots!
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 5:42 pm

YOU FUCKING DON-KAY!!!!
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 6:18 pm

K-grease is such a fuckin mouthbreather....He is going to win, unless of course the producers want the "perseverence of someone to win who has been on the chopping block 6 times", you know its inspirational and shit...

God Sarah was such a typical Texan bitch..glad I am far away from them nowadays...flashbacks. I knew she would be cut because the british hate texans. I dont know why, but they do. I remember being in London once and someone asking me where I lived and I said "Texas" and a the small group of dudes laughed and said "You only have one worthwhile human from your state, Buddy Holly, right?"
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 6:20 pm

she got immunity

How about that quick reversal on her pledge to take herself outta the competition? Sorry, Sarah, have fun pulling the knife outta yer back!

\\\"You silly cow!\\\" This is a common insult in England, but I can\\\'t imagine any of the gals on the show are too wild about being called \\\"cow\\\" on national TV. Freakin\\\' great.
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 6:23 pm

Sarah! Shut your F%$^& FAT MOUTHED....!
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 6:24 pm

Sarah was disgusting.
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 7:15 pm

Yeah, I've been watching half-assedly, and I missed on Monday too, and I couldn't remember who's who, but it just occurred to me: I FUCKING HATED SARAH! See ya. I don't care who wins now, I just didn't want her to.
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 7:29 pm

I hate Heather way more than Sarah.
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 7:33 pm

Gordon's been rearing pigs in his garden as part of his F Word program and he's gonna slaughter them on tv next week. He's grown to love them so it might be sad.
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 8:00 pm

We don't get that. We did have replays of Kitchen Nightmares but all of the sudden, they stopped. GIMME MORE!!!
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 8:41 pm

We don't even call the show Hell's Kitchen. We call it DOG'S DINNA!!!
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 8:48 pm

Cha-Ching Tuna. It's MONEY.
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 11:19 pm

He got Cliff Richard to say fuck off on the F Word. Maybe you don't know Cliff Richard. Do the America shows have that French guy that works with him?
Posted: Aug 4, 2006 12:13 am

Do the America shows have that French guy that works with him?

Yeah, Jean-Pierre or whatever he's called. He's on the show. Didn't someone pour a drink or throw a plate of food on him on one of the British episodes? Hasn't happened yet on the American version.

Gordon's been rearing pigs in his garden as part of his F Word program and he's gonna slaughter them on tv

How'd he get Sarah and Rachel to live in his garden? HAHAHAHA!! Er, hmm.
Posted: Aug 4, 2006 3:41 pm

I've never seen Frenchie get attacked. I like his hair.

This was featured on the last show:

http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/gallery.php

I'm gonna make a life size jelly baby cos I'm lonely and hungry.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 5:26 pm

K-GREASE 4 LIFE
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 5:47 pm

that came outta nowhere!

c'mon, Heather!
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 6:13 pm

K-Grease shit the bed last night. He was quite likable until his pouty turn as expediter and "you've got a hard-on for Virginia" comment. And what a fine exchange that ensued:

G: "Why did you have to be so fucking rude?"
K: "You're rude to me."
G: "...so."

Nice come back, Gordon.

C'mon, Heather, indeed.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 6:21 pm

Heather's a pouty bitch. I like how Virginny played that other "cow." Keith is a sweaty red-face who can't move well. He should stay a bartender. They don't look like they're doing shit during the dinner segments. Did you see the close-up when one of them was cutting the duck? It looked like they were going at it with a hacksaw! Hey, let it rest, motherfuckers!

RISAUT-TO!!
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 6:31 pm

"you've got a hard-on for Virginia" comment.

Man that was great, so true and so great.

G: "Why did you have to be so fucking rude?"
K: "You're rude to me."
G: "...so."

Nice come back, Gordon.

Gordon's foot was in his mouth with that comment, maybe the first time ever he had nothing to say. Congrats K-Grease on the great comeback, that should have gotten him into the next round by default.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 6:44 pm

wow...didnt see that one comin'!! Thought K would make it...but underneath it all, he is just a fuggin' meathead. I too like how Virgina played that Texan bitch, I love the underhanded shit. Heather sucks.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 6:48 pm

Go Virginia. Heather sucks. I'd hate working with her! I can't stand people who are like "I DESERVE THIS!!!!! I HAVE WORKED FOR THIS MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!" on reality shows. Hilarious. K-Grease was disgusting. Gordon had to fire that waddling freak cos really, who would take that restaurant seriously with him at the helm??????
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 6:58 pm

But I have to admit, I did love K-Grease for saying that comment. He just looked so gross saying anything.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 6:58 pm

"I DESERVE THIS!!!!! I HAVE WORKED FOR THIS MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!"

No shit, you're fucking 25! (but look 30!) Get back to me when you're 60-something and still working the brunch buffet line.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 7:07 pm

What, she has been working for 9 years now at age 25, first at McDonalds, then as a busgirl at Ryan's Steakhouse, then they moved her up to dishwasher. They liked her "spunk" and gave her a couple of prep cook shifts. She met a sous chef out at the lesbian bar one night who gave her some line cook hours at her "small plates" cafe and encouraged her to go to the Culinary Institute. Now she is $45K in the hole and thinks that she is both God's gift to the restaurant scene and that the world owes her this opportunity to show off her pedestrian "skills".

BOOOOOOO!!!! Go "Salad Chef"!!!!!
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 7:10 pm

They both suck. Burn the restaurant down. YouFuckinDONKAY
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 7:16 pm

well, Virginia is only 25, too.....it was over-the-top last night the way Heather reacted to losing the challenge...i do have to say though, I thought she was a shoe-in with the chicken sandwiches and fries.

Another thing, I thought K-Grease was right about was his comment that in the past when the kitchens were fucking up, he stepped up even though he didn't really last night. But, I bet he'd insist that his staff call him K-Grease or something.

Virginia is pretty two-faced (remember her thing with Maribel?). But, being two-faced is how you get ahead in the business world, I guess.

Still....Go Heather!
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 7:18 pm

But did Heather realy get that recipe for the fish shits out of that Ramsey cookbook? I bet she did, the lying whore. She does seem to be getting a bit of unfair favoritism advantages out of this deal.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 7:21 pm

that was Virginia, Joe.

Yeah, I don't know. I think she partly copied K-Grease on that, but I doubt that she stole it from the book....for some reason, she doesn't seem like the type who would have run right out and read that book start to finish as soon as she got it.....
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 7:28 pm

Gordon's ballin her. It probably really is that simple. Can you imagine the shit he must say in bed?

"Move that ass, you fuckin don-kay! Put that fucking finger up my fucking poop-shoot, you stupid cow! I want to hear you scream like you fucking want it from my homemade sausage machine! Hot Beef Injection, medium rare! In the window! NOW!"
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 7:35 pm

Even if she did read the book, big deal, at least she can read, comprehend and retain knowledge...that isnt cheating.

I bet the construction workers felt patronized by Heather's chicken sandwiches and fries....shit, the other chefs were giving them Lobster and stuff...they were prolly like "fuck that dyke and her thinking we could only enjoy fast food"

Virgina is devious and has tits and ass...that will get her farther than either K-Grease or Heather, no matter how "mad" their kitchen skills are.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 7:43 pm

I bet the construction workers felt patronized by Heather's chicken sandwiches and fries....shit, the other chefs were giving them Lobster and stuff...they were prolly like "fuck that dyke and her thinking we could only enjoy fast food"

Yep, plus they, like Gordon, like Virginia's boobs.

It is all bullshit anyway, this is no Top Chef, y'all. I almost feel sorry for Gordon Ramsay for getting involved in this shit, but he is smirking all the way to the bank, so maybe I don't.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 7:55 pm

They are both sooooo lame.
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 8:27 pm

YES CHEF!!!
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 10:11 pm

Last season seemed to end up with serious, experienced chefs in the finals, this season but nothing but goofballs, psychos and losers from the get-go. I guess I'm rooting for Virginia because I'm hoping she'll whip her top off like that female U.S. soccer player did when they won the championship.

I feel shame.

-Ryan
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 4:15 pm

UGH. Heather is disgusting. All that blubering and hyper bullshit. What a letdown that whole thing was; I didn't like either of them. I did laugh pretty hard when K-Grease asks for some money to work on Virginia's team.

And what about that loser Tom???? I suggested he get to the skid row in his town stat; he really is worthless; I think he is the type that has likely been a loser for all time and has the propensity to go "postal".
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 4:46 pm

I only watch Wrestling and America's got talent.

2 most entertaining things on t.v. these days.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 5:23 pm

virginia shoulda won! boo dood.
now that's over i can focus all my attention on flava of love and project runway!
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 6:05 pm

None were qualified at all but I wanted Virginia to beat Heather for sure. What the fuck did she pick Tom amd Giacomo for anyway...its like she didnt want to win. I think Heather and the dikey chick(Rachel maybe) that got kicked off but came back and was on her team have something going!!
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 6:08 pm | Edited by: carney

If I had to work the line with one of them, I'd pick Heather. Virginia can't hack it on the line, but she's a lot better with the creative end.

If I were working with Tom, he would not have cut himself. I would have stabbed him.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 6:19 pm

Thats true...Heather def. handles the pressure better. Giacomo was 100% worthless.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 6:32 pm

I agree about Heather handling the line, but she'd drive ME bananas. Plus I'd rather eat at Virginia's restaurant. So what Heather can grill a steak, make a bread pudding and fuck a bunch of cauli puree...gross. Heather is a pedestrian chef who will do will at a big chain restaurant...like the one she'll be working in this year.

Colin, Rachel and Heather are totally hot for each other which made me even more disgusted.

Carney--you and me both! I think he gave himself a cut! Did you see how he was acting like he had to cut that chicken with total intsensity and then "the knife slipped" and OW!!!! Fucking idiot.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 6:35 pm

"i picked you guys because you were the weakest...."

Not only is that a dumb strategy, but you don't tell your team that if that's what you're trying to do....Virginia was a two faced jerk, guys! Screw her dumb palate...that was the only nice thing Gordo had to say about her.

yay for heather!
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 7:37 pm

Screw both of em--by the end I wanted K-Grease back in the game! I was only watching for trash reality, not quality reality (a la TOP CHEF and Project Runway!)

Gordon's "Kitchen Nightmares" show is about 1000x better.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 7:54 pm

The best part of the show was Gordon's sign off, "fuck you all" or something like that. K-Grease's response to Virginia's "I picked you because you're all weak" was pretty sweet, too. "That's why you picked me?" said with hurt and indignation. Other than that, it was a shit finale.

focus all my attention on flava of love

Thee best show on TV, hands down! "If any of y'all smell something, it's me...'cause I'm the shit."
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 8:10 pm

man, all you bitches have cable!

flava of love?
kitchen nightmares?
top chef?!!
What else am I missing?

And so there's reality gold vs reality trash? For example, hulk hogan reality show=trash? right? (I was under the assumption that all reality TV was trash)
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 8:19 pm

My new roommate was the one who got cable, I have been fine with the free 3 channels for years.
The only think I missed from not having cable was wrestling.

But I refuse to be sucked in by these reality shows!

Besides "Lost" already has me hooked.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 8:21 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

I guess I have three watchable categories: Primo production values with excellent execution (see PR and Top Chef), Decent production with excellent execution (Survivor, Amazing Race) and Total budget production, varying execution but completely captivating (Flavor of Love, Top Model, Big Brother and Design Star).
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 8:34 pm

How about when Ramsey threw up the gang signs for K-Grease and when Virginia slapped her husband really hard across the face. Or when Tom mentioned that he was a good looking guy!
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 9:24 pm

Oh that Tom! I have never felt more disgust for a reality contestant ever. K-Grease! I am proud of Ramsay for allowing him back and actually being proud of him for calling him on his hard-on.

Virginia likely wanted a divorce after seeing her husband and I was making all sorts of comments when Gordon gave them the plane tickets to London that he definitely didn't give Virginia a ticket for her husband and he would kindly be shipping his wife off to some spa in Thailand before she got there!
Posted: Aug 16, 2006 6:57 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

I didn't closely follow the show, but this Virginia character reminds me of the kind of chick living in random college towns and are often named Mia, was an art major until she dropped out, has few female friends, kicked drugs yet still drinks like a fish, and is on the outs with all of her sane family members. I dig her.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 6:24 pm

anyone know who actually won this thing?
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 11:58 pm

Heather won.

-Ryan
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®