Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Panic Attacks/LSD connection?
Posted: Jun 14, 2006 10:39 pm

I just had a long talk with a little friend of mine...much younger, though old enough now. She did a lot of acid in high school, and swears it is the origin of her panic attacks...one of which I witnessed just a month ago...though she's not a Panic Attack Queen. She told me she knows scores of people who are afflicted with this and blame their panic attacks on acid usage when they were young.
This was not my experience.
So, what about it? Anecdotes?
Posted: Jun 14, 2006 10:40 pm

I've taken a lot of acid in my youth. A lot. I haven't really had a panic attack, though.
Posted: Jun 14, 2006 10:43 pm | Edited by: Alisa

Me too, and me neither. I was always able to go..."hey, I'm high, this ain't real" and never had bad after effects. I never took copious amounts, though, and from what she told me she didn't either. I mean, I never took like 5 hits at a time. But she didn't either! Still, she's convinced that it is the root of her panic problems today.
Is this just "flashback" propaganda? Or what?
Posted: Jun 14, 2006 10:48 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

I read recently that LSD (and Ecstacy) usage can lead to panic attacks, and even more commonly, severe depression. However, it is thought that these after-effects are primarily due to the strychnine often used to cut the drugs, not the drugs themselves. So, if you've taken pure LSD, you'll probably be okay.
Posted: Jun 14, 2006 10:49 pm

Tell her she needs to be more concerned with the eight-armed children she's going to have.
Posted: Jun 14, 2006 10:53 pm | Edited by: Alisa

Seeing as how she is going to be married in a week and a half...maybe this conversation was coming from that propaganda too.
I will always believe that acid makes you smarter, if you aren't a dumbass to begin with. As for your offspring...well, I've proved that little myth wrong. My kids are all way smarter than me. And none of them have eight arms.
Posted: Jun 14, 2006 11:03 pm

I never had an acid panic attack, but a pot cookie panic attack? Yes. It was PURE HELL!!!! Always ask how much weed they cook down. ALWAYS.

I also had a really crazy experience on mushrooms--we did way too much--and I hallucinated my ass off and was convinced for days afterwards that we were all just being manipulated by some greater power...all this happpening in the goddamn Haight-Ashbury as well. Gross.

I know that my anxiety of my upcoming middle age is from genetics, baby.
Posted: Jun 14, 2006 11:13 pm

Me and Paula both have had panic attacks from prolonged acid use. I don't get them anymore so I think it wears off eventually. I don't get claustrophobia either. And I can smoke weed again without getting monged out or paranoid.
Posted: Jun 14, 2006 11:16 pm

widespread panic attacks?

no way, they're way too mellow to attack, brah!
Posted: Jun 14, 2006 11:28 pm

I swear though, I will say this about LSD, I STILL see "trails" from time to time. Not major ones, but, yeah.
Posted: Jun 14, 2006 11:35 pm

i took tons of acid and look at me...
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 12:14 am

I never had a panic attack, but twice about a decade after my last - once travelling thru the Andalucian mountains in the passenger seat of a car, after a heavy duty few days at The Wild Weekend (the heights, and temporary removal from the tit of $1 rum & cokes), the next when watching that 28 Days Later at a cinema (it was the monkeys at the beginning) ...

Did have a coupla flashbacks about five years after my last, with "trails" and feeling as if my booth in a cafe was falling thru the chequered floor, like an elevator, but they weren't scary, just funny ...
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 12:34 am

I've never had flashbacks, trails, panic attacks, or nothing from prolonged acid use. Course, I haven't done it in...well...half a dozen years.
I hallucinated my ass off and was convinced for days afterwards that we were all just being manipulated by some greater power
Well, duh.
I just wonder if it's kind of an older acid taker vs. younger acid taker kind of thing. When I was doing all that you knew it was "bad" but not that bad. By the time Sarah got around to doing tons of acid it was well known that it was "bad". Also, we got into the "I always knew I was tripping" vs. her saying "I didn't know, and just lost control". Does that make a difference? I never had a problem controlling my trip...
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 12:55 am

The amounts of acid I used to eat were insane. 5 to 10 hits at a time was par. To start, at least. Dose again when it starting wearing off. Week long marathons of no sleep. I couldn't do it now. I don't know about panic attacks as an after affect but mounting responsibility and LSD do not go together.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 12:59 am

5 to 10 hits at a time was par.

no wonder your last name is oblivion
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 1:09 am

mounting responsibility and LSD do not go together.

I quit when my 6 year old found a film can of sugar cubes in the back of my packed full freezer. It was wrapped in foil. He came to me and showed them to me and said "Ma, can I eat these sugar things?" If he wasn't such a good boy and had eaten them I would still be in jail for killing my kid.
I still have a hankering, and he's way older now, but that was enough to scare me straight.
I would do some mushrooms if I could find them and the kids were at their dads.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 2:14 am

I will be doing mushrooms before I leave Portland. Out by a nice, snow melt river in the woods.

I loved mescaline over LSD.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 2:36 am | Edited by: slashkbdpunk

I've never did drugs in my life and i am in my 30's.NEVER! People don't even believe me.I'm sick enough in the head sober.I'm an Elvis kinda druggie though.I take pills a lot with alcohol.I take so much sometimes that i puke it all on myself and choked so much it's hard to breath.But now i can't even drink beer because the judge sent me to do theraphy,and i see a psychologist and a psychiatrist and my psychiatrist send me to do a theraphy for aggressive people,they think they're gonna break my behavior but they're gonna lose.I had psychologist following me when i was a kid,they sent me to special school with the wildest kids around and to summer camp with other disturbed kids,i went to prison in the usa and canada a few times and they never got me to back down.I'm a diagnosticated sociopath and yeah i am happy about it because i hate the world and they deserve my hate.I love a few people though.I talk to very few people in person and go out of my house only 3-4 a years and when i go out it ends up in a mess.I am booked for awhile.It is boring.I'm going back to court in 3 weeks facing a 2 years sentence.All that to say that i don't need drugs to get my head hard to control.I don't have panic attacks though.YEAH i love myself!
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 4:28 am

I swore of any street drugs, I gots to know the grower and if it shrooms, they get a close id.

if you got the good stuff and no shermie shit, your mood relates to your setting.

i took twice the recomendation of STP one afternoon and 4 hours in space was tranquil after that firey lift off..after that for a few years when i baked i was back in space again..now, i ride on
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 6:18 am

panic attacks can usually be calmed down by a 6 pack. One time at work i had a rather severe anxiety/panic attack.. my heart was beating at 120 mph. i thought i was gonna die!!! it sucked. it lasted a good hour or two.. i went to the party store bought a 6 pack of Molson Canadian and i started to chill out. But its almost impossible to die from one. After the 6 pack..take 1 vicodin and lay down. My panic attacks are mostly related to stress.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 7:19 am

in the navy you couldnt smoke weed because it stays in the urine too long, so everyone did acid or coke. i did a lot of acid in three years and ive never had a panic attack, or flashback. i do see faint trails still though. i went to two grateful dead concerts just to track down acid. those shows were a military guys dream as far as finding drugs. we drove from long beach to las vegas to see them once, they played with santana. we didnt go past the parking lot. got our doses and tripped all the way back.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 3:25 pm

the strychnine often used to cut the drug

This is an urban legend. Strychnine is never used to cut LSD. Even if it was, the amount of strychnine that could be carried on blotter would have no adverse effects, whatsoever. Heroin is sometimes cut with strychnine however. In low enough doses it does have stimulant properties.

I would still be in jail for killing my kid.

Unless your kid ran out into traffic while out of his head or some other indirect accident as a result of his being on LSD, you're wrong. Several years ago in California, a twelve year old found what he believed to be cocaine in his mother's bedroom and brought it to school. Several children at the school proceeded to do lines of what turned out to be crystal LSD. They were all taken to the hospital, but they all recovered and are fine. However, this is not to say that it's safe to give children LSD. It just will not kill them. They could however definately suffer from post-traumatic stress.

There sure is alot of myths surrounding LSD.

I would say that LSD could be indirectly responsible for a person experiencing stress disorders after they stop using. This is not as a result of some sort of damage inflected on the brain or the central nervous system but as a result of the psychological changes that a person experiences as a result of chronic LSD use. With insight can come anxiety. LSD can also be a traumatic experience for some people, or because of certain enviromental variables and like any other traumatic experience can leave a person with post-traumatic stress disorder.

i took twice the recomendation of STP one afternoon and 4 hours in space was tranquil after that firey lift off

If you're suggesting that your experience with STP lasted only four hours, well, I'm afraid you were duped. 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-methylamphetamine, known on the street for a brief period during the late sixties as STP is one of the strongest and longest lasting psychedelics. It is a phenethylamine, and could be described as a "psychedelic amphetamine."

Chemistry and psychedelics happen to be topics that I'm rather well versed in.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 3:31 pm

I have never done acid or anything and used to have panic attacks a lot.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 3:43 pm

It's also probably a good idea to point out that there is certain batches of "acid" going around right now that are not in fact LSD, but DOC, another phenethylamine with effects comparable to that of STP. Effects last on average about twenty-four hours. The experience is also quite a bit more intense than your average LSD trip. Friends have reported favorable experiences off of one hit, but I took four, knowing what the chemical was and overdosed. I spent over twenty-four hours in the hospital and when I was released, I was just coming down. My blood pressure skyrocketed and there was some issues with my kidneys. I had to have two IVs and a catheter put in as I was convulsing, vomiting up bile and pissing myself uncontrollably.

You will know that the drug you have taken is in fact DOC by the extremely bitter taste of the blotter. Next time you take acid, if you still do that kind of thing, put only a half to a single hit on your tongue first to test the taste. LSD is both odorless and tasteless (although, when it is fresh you may notice a somewhat metallic taste to it.)
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 3:58 pm

I used to do a lot of acid. A lot. Bad weird street shit. I gave up the psychedelics completely because the loss of a grip on reality was starting to make me really freaked out. Last time I tried anything it was shrooms and I got so freaked out I'll never do it again. Used to do that shit all the time and it used to be fun. I don't know what happened.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 3:58 pm

Dose again when it starting wearing off. Week long marathons of no sleep.

This describes my life in my, uh, younger years, and I have had panic attacks on occasion, but they're for sure more likely related to responsibilities/bills/complications/expectations and all other matter of shit you have to deal with in life and cannot do tripping balls.

Besides, if it is the cause, it was worth it, considering the infrequency of my attacks. Small price and all that.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 3:59 pm

How am I supposed to taste the DOC when I just shove that shit under my eyelids?
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 4:13 pm | Edited by: banned

Bad weird street shit.

When people think they got LSD that was "cut" with speed, or strychnine, sometimes what happens is they unwittingly purchased DOB under the guise of it being LSD, much like what is happening right now with the DOC. DOB is also a phenethylamine like DOC and DOM (STP) and could be classified as a "psychedelic amphetamine" which is why people believe they got acid cut with speed. Other phenethylamines that people may be familiar with are amphetamines, epinephrine (adrenaline), mescaline, ecstacy (MDMA, MDA) and "club drugs" like 2C-B.

Basically, you'll never get LSD cut with anything. The physics and chemistry of it don't work. The reason LSD is able to fit on blotter is because it is by weight, one of the most potent chemicals ever discovered. Speed, no matter how great it is would have no noticeable effects if applied to blotter. Strychnine would have absolutely no noticeable effects, adverse or otherwise if applied to blotter. LSD is never cut with anything. Anyone that tells you otherwise is simply ignorant of the chemistry and the processes involved.

As far as "bad" acid is concerned, that's just the result of people not taking proper care of it which weakens it. There is really no such thing as bad acid.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 4:21 pm | Edited by: banned

Oh yeah, the active ingredient in Chocolate is also a phenethylamine, as is the neurotransmitter Dopamine. Forgot about those ones.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 4:22 pm

No such thing as "bad" acid?!
I've done some pretty bad acid in my day... and I've experienced panic attacks. I think that the panic was more alcohol and THC induced though, mixed with the nasty thoughts about where my life was heading (ie: down the tubes to homelessness and death...)
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 4:24 pm

I've done some pretty bad acid in my day

Please elaborate.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 4:39 pm

I've never experienced panic attacks. However, I've only done it like fifteen times or so. The last time I did though, the next day, I couldn't stop crying. All fucking day. The trip itself was great, too! But the next day, I was so fucking depressed and my brain just didn't feel right. It was enough to make me not want to do it anymore.

Give me mushrooms any day. Nice, natural, soul cleansing mushrooms.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 4:43 pm

I'll eat mushrooms, but I'd always rather take synthetics over "natural" shit, which to me only means that it's got more "natural" impurities, it's impossible to measure dosages properly and generally provides for a much less predictable experience.

It's an age old argument, although, almost everyone sides with the hippy-dippy, irrational "natural" perspective. Not me though.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 4:43 pm

Banned, is it the speed in ecstacy that makes people's jaws get all crackety?
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 4:44 pm

5 to 10 hits at a time was par. To start, at least. Dose again when it starting wearing off. Week long marathons of no sleep.

jesus.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 4:50 pm

Kelzy: Ecstacy is an amphetamine, although it is often cut with methamphetamine too. So, if you experience effects like that off of amphetamines, than it's likely you would off of E as well. Personally I don't experience that particular side effect, although I'm well aware that others do. Instead, my problem is that I always have my mouth closed and I kind of build up pressure by sucking in the back of my throat compulsively when I'm on stimulants. I can't control it. I end up with a swollen uvula any time I do it.

5 to 10 hits at a time was par
jesus.

This is fairly common with people who use alot of acid, because you build up such a tollerance to the drug, not only in a way that requires more of it to get the same results, but psychologically the same results just don't cut it anymore. The most acid I ever took at one time was twenty hits, although six to eight is generally what I take on average, and I usually try to wait at least a week between dosing otherwise you don't really get off and you end up wasting large quantities of the drug.

Last spring, my big thing was staying up for a few days on meth, and THEN dropping. It always made the trip so much more weird and crazy because I'd already be fairly delirious and tripped out from sleep deprivation before the acid even kicked in.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 4:56 pm

well, I guess I just have never felt bad after taking mushrooms. So, I say natural, but the word "clean" could be applied, too.

nice, clean, soul cleansing mushrooms. squeegee that third eye.

you've done a lot of drugs, banned.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 5:04 pm | Edited by: banned

I've personally gotten ill from eating mushrooms before on multiple occasions. I also find them to be too unpredictable in their dosages. It used to be that I'd get off great on half an eighth and figured that people who took more were just getting low quality mushrooms. Then one time I only ate a couple of caps and within' twenty minutes they started coming on very intensely and it was one of the most intense trips off of mushrooms I ever had and I felt a bit panic'd by such a rapid and intense onset. The last several times however that I've tried mushrooms I needed at least an eighth to really trip off of and the trips were sometimes accompanied with nausea and one time with a blindingly painful headache. It felt as if vibrations started at the bottom of my feet and built up through my body finally resonating in my head. It totally ruined the experience for me.

As far as their being "clean," I guess it's all a matter of perspective and depends on what you mean by that, but LSD is a pure chemical, when you take LSD, if it is LSD you are taking, you are taking that drug and nothing more. It is clean defined. Mushrooms however contain a large number of different alkaloids in addition to the primary active ingredient. Some of these are mildly toxic in high enough dosages. So... take that as you will.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 5:21 pm

Always enjoyed the blotter, but I did read up on it for years before I did any - I was 24 the first time, and still get a bit misty-eyed when I think of my first morning after ... even if the view was between two East End buildings, it was f-ing beautiful!

F-ing HATED microdots, though!
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 5:23 pm

The first panic attack I ever got was after I smoked a bunch of weed with hash oil.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 5:32 pm

Hash oil was gooooood, so was tincture and pollen ... fuck skunk and schwag!
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 5:35 pm | Edited by: pheezy

Posted: Jun 15, 2006 5:37 pm

F-ing HATED microdots, though!

It's strange but true that people seem to experience slightly different effects off of different batches or carriers for what is exactly the same chemical. Liquid is known for being "cleaner" and microdots and geltabs always seemed to feel slightly different to me. Back in the day, a chemist friend and I hypothosized that the reason that geltabs were slightly "different" (and in our eyes, preferable) was because it was not actually LSD, but LSA. LSA is less potent by weight compared to LSD and that's why we thought it required a bigger carrier. I've experimented with LSA and felt that the trip from dots and gels seemed to resemble that of LSA almost exactly too. Although, really, the differences in effects between LSD and LSA are so miniscule that they could very well be imagined.

In the late 60's some clandestine chemists started producing a chemical called ALD-52, an analogue of LSD. The reason they started manufacturing the drug was because since LSD was banned they figure they found a legal loophole to get people acid. ALD-52 when ingested converts to LSD through hydrolosis. Unfortunately, when they were busted, their defense did not work as LSD is a precursor to ALD-52, so they had to manufacture the LSD to produce the ALD-52. What's interesting however, is people regularly claim that ALD-52 was nearly identical in effect to LSD with the exception that users felt none of the anxiety or muscle tension often times associated with LSD. They said it was a "cleaner" trip. In fact, there is no difference in effect whatsoever since when you ingest ALD-52, you are are taking LSD.

One thing to note is that LSD does cause muscle tremors which can lead to cramping in the legs and back and cause soreness. It's simply one of the effects of the drug, but these effects are often what people use to back up claims of "dirty" acid and the drug being cut with strychnine.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 5:46 pm

I refuse to get into a "drugs know-it-all" coversation but I don't know if I agree with the "synthetics over naturals" argument--it can be risky as hell to trust measured dosages of street drugs.

From todays NY Times:

The additive, called fentanyl, was developed as a commercial painkiller in the 1960's and surfaced as street-drug compound in the mid-80's on the West Coast, where it killed perhaps 100 people over as many as eight years. It made waves again in the early 90's in the New York metropolitan region, where it killed dozens of people who bought fentanyl-laced heroin under the street brand Tango and Cash.

One thing to note is that LSD does cause muscle tremors which can lead to cramping in the legs and back and cause soreness.

is this "acid neck" then? well, i call it that. . .my neck always feels this weird, distinct soreness that i have only felt while on LSD.

Bazook - you'll get a CONTACT high! (HEE HAW!)
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 5:51 pm | Edited by: banned

it can be risky as hell to trust measured dosages of street drugs.

I would not argue with that at all. That is a fact. However, this was not a problem for me as I wasn't getting the drugs off the street.

Also, I just heard a report the other day that heroin tested in Chicago is turning up with high amounts of the synthetic drug Fentanyl which is about a hundred times more potent than morphine. Dealers are calling the mixture "drop dead" and that's exactly what's happening to users.

is this "acid neck" then?

Yep.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 6:36 pm

there've been a rash of deaths in detroit lately due to this "drop dead" you speak of...
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 6:48 pm

Week long marathons of no sleep. I couldn't do it now

We used to play a game where you took one hit the first day, two the second, etc. After a week the "game" ceased to be fun. I took probably 200 hits between the ages of 17-30. No mas for me. No panic attacks either. I have had some "flashback" type moments, but not in several years. Also, I never had the proverbial "bad trip". I was always able to talk myself down or just ride it out. The best was always taking some after being drunk, then not remembering it until it started to kick in.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 6:51 pm

What's disturbing is that for a large percentage of habitual users, that is a selling point.

I remember one time I had been up way too long, and had unwittingly started doubling my dosages of meth. I called up a friend to save me, cause I was positive I was about to die. When he saw me like that he immediately started badgering me for some. Finally I gave him. Before he pulled the needle out of his arm his face went completely white, he pulled it out ran to the sink and started vomiting. At that point his girlfriend started jumping up and down and yelling "Gimme some! I want some! Gimme some!" It was one of the most fucked up things I ever witnessed.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 7:47 pm

Also, I just heard a report the other day that heroin tested in Chicago is turning up with high amounts of the synthetic drug Fentanyl which is about a hundred times more potent than morphine. Dealers are calling the mixture "drop dead" and that's exactly what's happening to users.

That was what I got the "Tango & Cash" quote from--check out nytimes.com, US section. Big article. Like 130 people in Chicago and Detroit have died.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 7:51 pm

The drop dead heroin keeps on showing up on the far west side in Chicago. The papers keep on saying that a dealer goes to a known shooting area, and offers it for free to the junkies. They die, the heroin gets covered on the tv, and sales are through the roof. It's fucked.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 8:04 pm

Posted: Jun 15, 2006 8:24 pm

The papers keep on saying that a dealer goes to a known shooting area, and offers it for free to the junkies. They die, the heroin gets covered on the tv, and sales are through the roof. It's fucked.

Someone has been watching Season One of The Wire.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 8:32 pm | Edited by: banned

I've never watched The Wire, but I think it's very likely that instead of drug dealers watching The Wire for inspiration it's The Wire that watched drug dealers for inspiration as that's a pretty common tactic.

If you think about it from a junkie's perspective, it ends up takin' so much dope to get off that if it's killing people, that means it's strong enough to get you high.

I remember an ex-girlfriend of mine getting really excited when we got some dope that an aquaintance of hers OD'd on the night before. The girl ended up living, and she wasn't an experienced user, so, it was thought apparantly that what was enough to nearly kill a newbie would be enough to get a junkie off for once.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 8:34 pm

on a lighter note, Reporter gets super high on camera as troops burn contraband weed and coca leaves in huge piles behind him....

that led me to this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hhiMjwuV0AQ&mode=suggested&search=weeds
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 9:04 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hhiMjwuV0AQ&mode=suggested&search=weeds

wow.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 9:21 pm

one nice thing about old-timey film cameras and film movie cameras was that not everyone could be making movies of whatever the hell they felt like making movies of. digital video, kinda cool, kinda not.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 9:27 pm

I've never watched The Wire, but I think it's very likely that instead of drug dealers watching The Wire for inspiration it's The Wire that watched drug dealers for inspiration as that's a pretty common tactic.

If you think about it from a junkie's perspective, it ends up takin' so much dope to get off that if it's killing people, that means it's strong enough to get you high.

I do know this. I was being sarcastic re: the papers and the tv's reportage, as if this is some new crazy drug dealing behavior. It is just now ok to talk about because an entire season of the Wire had this bent.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 9:32 pm

I wanna see that show now. When it first came on a friend recommended it to me, but that's before I got into all these cable tv shows they got now. That shit has had me watching television again sometimes.
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 9:56 pm

Oh man. It is the best show on TV. Hands down.
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 3:16 am

Banned, where do I apply for your job- professional drug user?
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 5:08 am

ACID, I did ALLLLOOOOOTTTTT in high school, and yes, I do have panic attacks that I didn't have prior to the acid use. Since i have quit cigs and weed it got better, but they still come every once and a bit..I feel it's from tripping balls a billion times as well.
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 7:28 am

While I wouldn't recommend it, acid taught me a few things. About myself, about what I was trying to do, what I was doing. Had good ones, bad ones, ones in between, but everything served its purpose. Panic comes from you, not a drug.
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 5:49 pm

if i dont use cocaine for a few days,i get panic attacks.
thats pretty fucked up. i know.
shut up and let me talk.
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 6:45 pm

The first time I did acid my friend hit me in the thigh with a camshaft. I got a charlie horse and started farting from the pain. I held it together. My friend who hit me with the camshaft tripped on acid every weekend. I didn't because I was always broke. Being broke actually saved me. My friend has (or had haven't talked to him in a long time) panic attacks and pops tons of pills to be a normal functioning member of society...
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 12:50 am

I didn't because I was always broke.

What?

(Read with an old man sounding voice)
Back in my day you could get a hit of acid and a 40 oz of Mickey's for two wooden nickles.
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 1:56 am

While I wouldn't recommend it, acid taught me a few things. About myself, about what I was trying to do, what I was doing. Had good ones, bad ones, ones in between, but everything served its purpose. Panic comes from you, not a drug

Is that well documented somewhere? I think you pulled that out of your ass. Come on Dr.Phil, let's not make shit up.
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 2:29 am

I'm with banned on synthetic vs. natural. I even went through a lot of trouble to grow mushrooms(pain in the ass which failed twice before I was succesful) but they almost always make me very sick, leaving me with severe stomach cramps. Being violently sick and tripping don't go together either. What eventually led to the end of my LSD use was the profound understanding that I was in control the entire time. For the first year or so I thought things were happening to me. Unexplainable, mystic, deeply insightful things. They were, But I was making them happen all by myself. The drugs just opened the door. Pretty soon I was taking rediculous amounts only to find myself totaly in my right mind but walking around in a predictable chemical blur. Now I'm a record collector.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 5:20 am

That's funny. I could always hear the acid in Oblivians, not in some trippy-dippy kind of way but just in the sense that there os so much stripped down raw energy. I don't think you can get down to that level (and not make it sound like shit) without having done acid. I hear acid in a lot of bands that are in no way thought of as being acid rock or flower power or whatever (Dead Moon comes to mind, the Ponys... hell even the Ramones too).

Wonder what Oblivians albums or songs were made on acid.... There's got t be a couple. Of course, like you said, once you realize that the acid wasn't causing anything to happen that wasn't already there you don't really need the acid itself anymore.

Too Much Guitar is my favorite acid album ever. I don't know if that will make sense to anyone but it makes sense to me. That album could not of been made by someone that had never done a lot of acid at some point in their life.

I wish I could still do acid occasionally but I agree that having too much responsibility and doing acid is not a good idea. It would just give me a fuckin' hall of fame panic attack now. But... it wouldn't be causing the panic attack, its already inside me. Getting old and having piles of crap to deal with is what causes panic attacks acid doesn't have anything to do with it.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 8:59 pm

Man, I'd love to do acid again. But Im 32 and rarely come in contact with 18yr old ravers.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 9:05 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

First time I heard the 10" with Clones etc, I was tripping and I knew it was right.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 9:12 pm

Man, I'd love to do acid again. But

I'd suggest trying some Hawiian Baby Woodrose seeds. You only have to eat about ten of them (they're real small) and you'll have a full blown LSA experience. LSA and LSD are so closely related that you really can't feel any difference in the experience. Some people say that LSA has a more "spiritual" bent to it since it's "natural."

These seeds are cheap, legal and available through internet vendors. I'd be happy to put you in contact with reputable sources if you're interested.

The only downside to going that route is that some people report experiencing a brief period of nausea and some people occasionally vomit right before the drug kicks in. A small price to pay, in my opinion.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 9:14 pm

In spite of the nausea, peyote is pretty great...
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 9:16 pm

what the hell are those tiny orange pills that I like so much?
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 9:34 pm

re: mushrooms. Bear with me on this:

I don't know. My roommate and I and another friend later, were just discussing just how there's something about them that just kinda brings out this goodness and self-realization and they bring you waaay down into this great place and it's just so wonderful. And, of course, giggling is great.

I can't really describe it as well as how I feel about it.

And! I do always feel queezy the first half hour or so, but always goes away and LSD makes my brain crazy the next day and I almost feel a little dead (I attribute that dead feeling to not coming down as nicely as I always have with mushrooms. I guess I have no idea if it's due to being synthetic versus being natural).

Mind you, these conversations that were held were after viewing a talk that David Lynch had on transcendental meditation. The way he was describing it made me go "hey! I feel that way when I'm on mushrooms!"

So, maybe i should start meditating. certainly be cheaper.
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 11:09 pm | Edited by: Claude Zachary

First time I heard the 10" with Clones etc, I was tripping and I knew it was right.

Whoa, that's the song I had in mind when I typed that. I also hear it (most obviously) in Bad Man and If You Can't Give Me Everything. Its like when you are tripping and you are thinking "If I could just get what's going on in my head and make it tangible...it would be perfection and everyone could feel it". For most of us that's just talk and, never really happens, but people have managed to get it out, into song, into words (HST most obviously, but others as well). A good acid trip is like a cathartic howl, and a good record or book is pretty much the same thing.

I hear acid all over King Kahn and BBQ.... Bimbo's Theme is song that jumps to mind first. Heard that one and was like "at least of these dudes does, or has done, a shitload of acid".
HAHA! I don't know I'm right but...I know I'm right!
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 4:58 am

If you're into bands that you can hear the acid in, you should check out mine. It doesn't sound like Hawkwind.
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 9:45 pm

anyone ever notice that people who do/did a lot of chemical drugs have a harder time with natural ones, like 'shrooms? I could always handle acid trips, even the worst crank-ass poisonous acid was a better time than mushrooms for me. I got sick to my stomack and very disturbed, down and sad immediately after eating mushrooms.. What's the deal?
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 8:12 am

Our bodies reject pussy shit that God made for faggots.
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 1:46 pm

Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds:
"accompanied with gastric discomfort, including severe nausea and flatulence."
HELL YEAH! Vomiting AND farting???? Sounds too good to be true. Set me up dude! wpvalentine@gmail.com
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 7:12 pm

I mentioned that before they kick in, you may vomit. It happens. Oh well. I fart when I drink beer.

You're a fuckin' moron.
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 8:45 pm

Shrooms taste like: the way cow shit smells

I have tripped equally as hard from shrooms as I have acid, an I have taken handfuls (at a time) of both. FUCK hippies who say shrooms are "PURE, man!" They will fuck you up just as quick as some dirty ass acid.
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 9:01 pm

FUCK hippies who say shrooms are "PURE, man!" They will fuck you up just as quick as some dirty ass acid.

of course they fuck you up just as much! it's all about the come down, dooood!
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 9:06 pm

I had my worst psychedelic experience while shroomin'. I also had a nasty acid experience, but it was nowhere near as powerful as the shroom one. While I always preferred acid, Steph's right about the comedown, at least for me. I always felt OK the next day w/ shrooms and like someone took a melon scooper to my, uh, melon w/ acid.
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 8:08 pm

My first ever acid trip I had a very high dose but was told it was only 200ug but a few day after found out it was nearly 600ug and ever since then every drug except weed gives me bad anxiety attacks to the point were it feels like my heart is out of my chest, has anything similar happened to anyone else?
Posted: Apr 23, 2019 7:05 am

Terrence McKenna would be spinning in his teepee
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®