Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 6:24 am

Nor here.
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 6:25 am

I just wanted to make the thread flip a page.
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 1:17 pm

Stolen from Popbitch : A driver is stuck in a traffic jam on the motorway
in Germany. A man knocks on the window.
The driver rolls down his window and asks,
"What's going on?" The man tells him, "Terrorists
have kidnapped three England fans for a 10 million
euro ransom or they're going to douse them
with petrol and set them on fire. We're going
from car to car, taking up a collection."

The driver asks, "How much is everyone
giving, on average?"

The man replies, "About two gallons..."
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 7:28 pm

OK. Time for Togo to make a big impression by knocking France's old farts out of the World Cup.
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 10:55 pm

Well, that didn't happen. Shame Korea's gone home now. Their fans were great.

But the knockout stages are set. Here's a handy visual of how the rest of the tournament lies now.
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/bracket.html
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 11:35 pm

Oh thank you, sugar-bear.......
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 11:48 pm | Edited by: johnny guitar

i predict holland vs. germany final. dutch all the way! actually fighting germany this time.
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 12:09 am

Johnny. COme to Austin every weekend and yell at the TV with me till this shit's over.
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 12:23 am

My crystal ball says Spain and Italy in the final.

Don't forget they've juggled the times a little bit now, so the first match tomorrow will be at 11 am eastern - 8 am pacific with the later match on at 3 pm eastern - noon pacific.
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 1:23 am

I'm going for Mexico. Or Ghana.

ct
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 2:11 am

I'm going for the 850 gram jar of Nutella shaped like a soccer ball.
http://www.nutella-aktuell.de/index.asp
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 10:09 am

Johnny. COme to Austin every weekend

yo tengo dinero mamasita. DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH!
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 3:03 pm

But what would your name be if you played for Brazil?

http://www.minimalsworld.net/BrazilName/brazilian.shtml
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 4:06 pm

F*%K these krauts I now hate all sports and Im not a rockstar where is that machete??
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 7:51 pm

It's the Latin showdown.

¡Que viva Mexico!
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 8:32 pm

¡Que viva Mexico!

¡Que viva Mexico!

¡Que viva Mexico!
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 10:37 pm

Mexico put on a great showing! Argentina was struggling. If only Borgetti didn't get that own goal.....Oh well, great match!
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 10:46 pm

that play by play announcer was annoying the fuck out of me. he would try to put an authentic accent on all the latin american names and that accent would run into his english. fuckhead.
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 11:12 pm

I watched it on Univision. Commentary was great. The match was fantastic. Everyone expected Mexico to get crushed, but that was the match of the tournament so far. Mexico had no fear and just went for it and almost pulled it off. Sombreros off to Mexico!!!
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 11:37 pm

The winning goal was one of the best of the tournament so far. That was an absolute perfect kick.
Posted: Jun 25, 2006 3:59 am

I watched it on Univision. Commentary was great. The match was fantastic. Everyone expected Mexico to get crushed, but that was the match of the tournament so far. Mexico had no fear and just went for it and almost pulled it off. Sombreros off to Mexico!!!

YES, nobody comes close to the Mexican commentators! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!! I never watch the games on the US channels. Oh, but it helps if you understand spanish.

Te saludo... Mexico!
Posted: Jun 25, 2006 4:25 pm

Us too--I just could not stand the American commentators at some point and turned it to "Copa Mundial". SO much better.

That Argentina goal in OT was mind-blowing.
Posted: Jun 25, 2006 4:35 pm

blananananao nenenenno znenenzia "SPICE MAN" fodosbsbodado.

AWESOME. I have got to learn Spanish.
Posted: Jun 25, 2006 5:26 pm

I think Spanish should be taught from the 1st grade on in Texas. Besides a million reasons, I wished I new spanish just to understand the Mariachi's beautiful songs....

Since this is my first World Cup to follow......I don't understand the bitching throughout this thread about commentators....if you don't speak spanish.....wouldn't you rather learn a few things rathen than nothing at all on Univision?

Great shot fr pretty boy Beckham....
Posted: Jun 25, 2006 5:41 pm

Beckham really does look a lot like Conrad on Footballers Wives (Sherry-watch this immediately).

I think the excitement level of the commentators on Univision is infectuous and breaks through the language barrier. And I do understand a few words here and there and it makes me proud of what I have learned just through talking with clients.

Yeah, Florida and California should also be included in those mandatory espanol classes too.
Posted: Jun 25, 2006 6:00 pm

excitement level of the commentators

definitely.

Once again thanks to the person that shared the TVANTS thing......I can watch it at work....on VERY low volume and all stealth-like, of course....but it's just that excitement level -- and the CROWD -- that alerts me when to flip-over and see what just happened since I'm watching it in...uuhh...vietnamese or something like that.
Posted: Jun 25, 2006 7:26 pm

Univision is awesome. They are now having a Benny Hinn-esque rundown of "Copa Mundial Bellezas"!!!! I have no idea what they are saying but there are lingering camera shots on breasts and legs of women fans of all nationalities narrated with slurring come on type speech. Muy fantastico!
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 12:22 am

what a great fucking game!! both teams played like DOGSHIT, but of course holland lost because they couldn't score 1 out of the, what, 50?? chances they had - and still, one of the most thrilling games i've ever seen. some of the best players this sport has, taking each other out one after another! one of them being kicked so hard that he CRIED! football!!!
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 12:43 am

How many fucking red and yellow cards were thrown in that game?!?!?!? Crazzzzzings!
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 8:26 am

i'm still crying in my oranjeboom. johnny guitar is rooting for espananow but whatever.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 5:55 pm

ITALY!
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 6:04 pm

Italy must have paid off this ref too.

The red card was a clever smokescreen... he gave them the game with that PK.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 6:18 pm

No shit...what an anticlmactic way for the game to end. That shit was wrong as hell.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 7:26 pm

Once again thanks to the person that shared the TVANTS thing

You are very welcome.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 7:32 pm

I couldn't get on the internet yesterday. It was an oven in my bedroom.

The Holland Portugal match was completely out of control. I'm surprised we didn't see any blood. I can't believe Figo got away with that head butt. The referee couldn't have seen it as it happened behind him, but for some reason he handed out a yellow card, and Figo will escape a retroactive ban because he was cautioned at the time. Very lucky for him.

Quite a contrast from the limpest England performance of the tournament earlier in the day. Time for them to show up now.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 7:33 pm

Yeah, these refs have been ruining the game this entire cup! Totally disrupting the flow AND dramatically changing the standings. I also hate the pussy players who try to get the cards and penalties called by falling or diving when getting touched ever so slightly (if even at all). But, that's futbol and it's been the same for years. Love it, or hate it.

Just let 'em play!
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 7:43 pm

Since this is my first World Cup to follow......I don't understand the bitching throughout this thread about commentators....if you don't speak spanish.....wouldn't you rather learn a few things rathen than nothing at all on Univision?

The problem is that they're not that well versed in the game or the players, and spend far too much time talking about statistics, or things that happened in other matches rather than getting on with commentating on the match. It's more or less baseball style commentary. It just doesn't work.

The biggest thing is hearing the names of the players as they pass the ball around. That's pretty basic.

I've watched enough Spanish commentary to know a lot of the football terms when I hear them, so at this point it's preferrable.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 7:48 pm

Oh, and Univision also starts their build-up to the matches at least half an hour before kickoff, and go on for a while afterwards too. On ABC/ESPN the matches just start abruptly. On Saturday it was a virtual Mexican fiesta all afternoon on Univision.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 8:19 pm

The Holland Portugal match was completely out of control.

Watching on Univision was a trip--I had no idea what was going on. But I still prefer their announcing--the Beckham "Spice Man" mentioning after his goal was adorable. They said it so matter-of-factly. Leftpeg, you did catch the "Sexy Fans" segment hopefully? It was great--the USA one with the lingering shots on her American flag bikini? I thought it was 1974 again.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 8:56 pm

Yeah, some of the nicknames the have for players is pretty hysterical. As well as "Spice Man" they were also referring to Peter Crouch the other day as "Mister Roboto", and one of the Mexican players, Castro, as "el Gringo".

I missed the "sexy fans" segment, I'll have to scan my tivo recording for it. There have been plenty of other opportunities to see bikinis on Univision though.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 9:10 pm

I can't post on the computer at Redwing Coffee because the place is crowded w/ World Cup watchers and they got their PC turned off. Otherwise i could give you an eyewitneess account of the action from my cyberperch. If i knew what was going on,that is.

Yay to whoever wins!
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 9:13 pm

Sexy Fans came on right before the Portugal match.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 10:40 pm

Those poor swiss bastards.
What a way to lose the F'N cup, man.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 10:47 pm

two facts:
1. watching that game was a huge waste of time.
2. eric winalda is a disagreeable iritating little man. they need to put alexi lalas back in the studio so they can bicker some more.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 11:12 pm

1. watching that game was a huge waste of time.

Yeah....I was pulling for neither....but the Ukrane's GK was WAY hotter!
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 4:56 pm

if that is brazil's defence... they are doomed. what are they doing?

they're lucky to be beating Ghana, who look great up front but can't finish (and were robbed by the keeper's feet & the 2nd offsides goal.)
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 5:54 pm

That's the old Manchester United trick. Just go out to score as many goals as you can and hope you don't concede as many, and voila, you've won the match.
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 6:21 pm

Hey Fiery, check out this news story, it's straight out of Footballer's Wives
http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/story/0,,1807110,00.html
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 8:44 am

no world cup until friday? i'm already having withdrawls. how am i going to waste my lunch hour at the pub?
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 4:15 pm | Edited by: eric o

Posted: Jun 28, 2006 5:03 pm

it's straight out of Footballer's Wives

Totally JASON TURNER! I miss him like mad, FW wasn't the same.
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 7:32 pm

Quem Sou Eu?
Roberto Carlos hasn't grown an inch.
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 7:34 pm

if he had that left foot back then... whoah.
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 7:42 pm

Yeah. Good for kicking the crap out of other kids in the playground at school.

And Ronaldo looks more than a little retarded.
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 10:12 pm

no world cup until friday? i'm already having withdrawls

Same here!
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 1:49 am

Suffering World Cup withdrawals? Watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrShK-NVMIU
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 2:00 am

Some classic World Cup goals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj4RxCWYpW0

The Maradona one again, but this time with awesome Spanish commentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SeJDtyNiCk
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 11:01 pm

Somalia Defeats Rwanda To Win Third-World Cup

June 29, 2006 | Onion Sports

KHARTOUM, SUDAN—The host city of the 2006 Developing Nations Football Championship erupted in cheers that nearly drowned out the cries of the starving and wounded Tuesday when the underdog Somali side, playing four down due to injuries and landmines, outlasted the more experienced if disease-ridden Rwandans 1-0 to win the inaugural Third-World Cup.

"This is a relatively great day for Somalia," said team captain Omar Bin-Shakur, the seasoned veteran whose rise from squalor in the violent ghettoes of Mogadishu to stardom in the squalid and violent ghettoes of the Sudan is already passing into legend. "It seemed like nothing could stop us in the title match—not the great Rwandan defender Bimenyimana, not the mortar strikes, not the rotting cow in midfield, not dysentery...nothing."

"They were simply the better team today," Rwandan star Calvin Bimenyimana said, speaking to reporters as the soccer stadium was transformed from a football pitch back to its usual function as an outdoor prison for Darfur refugees awaiting execution. "Yet I am extremely proud of my mates. They did well just to get here, especially after the Sierra Leone match in which Nicodemus was red-carded and shot, and our epic battle with Chad, in which they came at us with rocket-propelled grenades when our team bus attempted to cross the border into the Sudan."

Bimenyimana, whose youth coaches in Rwanda considered him a natural for the sport after his hands were chopped off with machetes in 1994, was chosen as the Nestlé Man Of The Match by fans, the first-ever Third-World Cup participant from the losing side to be chosen. However, some aficionados say that Bimenyimana played a lackluster game; at press time, FIFA-3 officials were investigating reports that armed gunmen had shot and killed hundreds at designated Nestlé Man Of The Match voting stations.

Somalia was only a fifth seed entering the Cup tournament, and while the Third-World Cup rankings are considered notoriously inaccurate, the nation's weak midfield, inexperienced goalkeeper, and devastatingly low rates of economic growth and standards of press freedom seemed to indicate that they would be eliminated in the early rounds.

"Certainly it did not look good for us going in to be placed with Afghanistan, host team Sudan, and the [Democratic Republic Of The] Congo," said Somali coach Abdi Qani. "But every other team was at the mercy of the same sporting and economic factors. In the Third-World Cup, every group is the Group Of Death."

After only surviving the first round due to inspired play, UN-supplied antibiotics, and a forfeit during the Sudan game when four Sudanese players seized control of their team and shot eight others during penalty time, Somalia assumed the unexpected status of the tournament's Team Of Destiny.

"Never have the words 'win or go home' provided such inspiration to any team," Bin-Shakur said. "I am overcome with joy, as well as hunger, and I look forward to bringing the Third-World Cup trophy home to my country."

The Third-World Cup trophy, an AK-47 coated with gold spray-paint and mounted on a pallet of United Nations staple foods, has already been seized by Somali troops and distributed amongst ranking military officers.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 5:14 pm

Goooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaal....Argentina!! I want to see Germans lose in a big way.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 5:49 pm

I want to see them both lose.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 6:43 pm

Godamnit...Lehman is a fucking monster. Great game though!
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 7:31 pm

Germany won. Good. My friend wants to see a Ukraine v. Germany World Cup. He wants the Ukrainians to win it as he is a Slavophile. He thinks the game would be violent due to their historical relations...
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 7:33 pm

Let's go Italy!!! And I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Now. The rest of my wish list:

England over Portugal
France over Brazil [unlikely, but what the hell, eh?]

And although I'm happy Germany advanced, it breaks my little heart to see these teams lose by penalty kicks. It's a VERY sad way to go out. Very sad, indeed.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 7:34 pm

My friend wants to see a Ukraine v. Germany

My co-workers want this is as well. They say bloodbath.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 7:49 pm

that German defense almost lost it for 'em, giving away balls that the portagees shoulda finished. brazil (or the gazelle-like ghana!) woulda shoved it down their throats and made 'em pay. if they could deal with Lehman...
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 7:54 pm

C'mon Ukraine! In fact you heard it here first. The 2008 World Cup Champions will be the Ukraine, cuz Slavs are sooo badass! If not France...
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 8:10 pm

Goooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaal....
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 8:26 pm

C'mon Ukraine! In fact you heard it here first. The 2008 World Cup Champions will be the Ukraine, cuz Slavs are sooo badass! If not France...

I predict an Italy v France 3rd place playoff match.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 8:35 pm

There's going to be a world cup in 2008? I did hear it here first!
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 8:38 pm

Sepp Blatter's at it again.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 9:10 pm

There's going to be a world cup in 2008?
I meant '06. I was on my lunch break and didn't have time to proofread my post. Sorry.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 9:17 pm

Posted: Jun 30, 2006 9:18 pm

Alright. I'm off to catch the last half of the game. C'mon Ukraine. Goddamnit.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 9:19 pm

At least they're giving that HOT Ukranian GK a lot of face time!!
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 9:26 pm

3-nil Italy. They're running away with it now.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 9:35 pm

Wow.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 10:01 pm

2010-South Africa host country.

Just gimme Brasil v France
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 10:20 pm

2010-South Africa host country.

What's the weather like there in winter?
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 6:20 pm

the guardian's bloggy coverage has been fantastic and pretty damn funny.

that said, this england v portugal match has been pretty lame. diving, stomping, at least rooney the young thug hero got tossed. ronaldo should, too, just for being weak.

if we don't do some bizness before 2pm, see you w/all of memphis brazilians at the glass celtic beetle to watch france/brazil.

too damn hot to shoppe!
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 6:31 pm

I'm gonna go watch that game at a this big stoopid sports bar w/ some co-workers [cause taint none-a my buddies down AT ALL - boo-hiss!] -- and I think I'm gonna get stabbed if I yell for France.

Eric. I'm guessing Brazil for you, no?
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 6:44 pm

I'm not disappointed at ALL.
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 6:55 pm

wrahorhaorhaorharoahrarhaorahroahroahroahrahr

some fucking brazilian is smoking pot behind the abandoned house next door
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 6:56 pm

and by brazilian I mean frat boy with a pele shirt
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 8:35 pm

He's Fat
He's Bald
He Likes his women old!
its Wayne Rooney
its Wayne Rooney

hes fat
hes scouse
hell fukin rob your house
its wayne rooney

hes near
hes far
hell fukin steal yer car
its wayne rooney

hes fat
hes red
hell take yer gran to bed
its wayne rooney

he fat
she's scum
he's probably shagged your mum
wayne rooney
wayne rooney

hes fat
hes round
he bounces up and down
its wayne rooney

he shot
he missed
he must be f **kin pissed

wayne rooney wayne rooney
wayne rooney is a virgin
he's never used his d**k
he w**ks in the shower
and sleeps in his own sick
he throws up to the left
and he throws up to the right
and he couldn't pulla bird
if he tried all f*****g night

Build a brothel
Build a brothel
Put Wayne Rooney on the Top
A load of Grannies in the middle
and he'll shag the fucking lot!!!!!!!!

hell be coming round the mountain with a gun
Cos Rooney shagged her Nanna up the bum
He got himself a hooker
Who knew a red nosed fucker
Now fat bastard playing for the scum!!"
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 8:39 pm

well, we actually got shoppers. i'm missing it right now.

but rogers brought me a tall busch and the guardian updates haven't made me think i missed a whole bunch... last game i missed the first 4 minutes and ronaldo had already scored! i heard a loud roar/squeal from the brazilians inside as i approached! massive samba maneuvers from the comely lasses when i entered!

yeah, rooney is gonna be a brit favorite forever.
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 8:47 pm

just watched this trailer for the new york cosmos story... could be good?

http://onceinalifetime-movie.com/
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 8:59 pm

Rooney is a class A punk of the highest order. As is the analyst for ABC who suggested that C. Ronaldo can't show his face in England again for "snitching on his teammate". What a bunch of jackasses. Thank god for Ricardo.

Brazil better come correct 2nd half--way too many close calls!
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 9:04 pm

OK...you're the English coach....it's overtime....half your players can barely walk, much less run....you have one sub left AND DON'T USE IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You have world class players on your bench with fresh legs to run and shoot penalties and you do nothing....

it's a tossup whether Rooney or Erikkson sucked more, but together there was no way for England to win...
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 9:15 pm

that's called stiff upper lip, mate.
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 9:52 pm

France played amazingly....
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 9:55 pm

Stunner. Brazil could not hang today. Wow.
Posted: Jul 2, 2006 5:21 pm

zidane. cheesy music, but...
Posted: Jul 2, 2006 7:52 pm

Man...Zidane is just awesome....ABC/ESPN just went overboard on the whole Brazil=Gods thing...

France's fullbacks made those gods impotent and Zidane, Henry, Ribery etal looke like the goods...
Posted: Jul 3, 2006 3:37 pm

Im sayin Itlay v. France in the final. I think Germany will choke in front of the home crowd and Zidane will go down in history for leading his team one last time to a World Championship. Thierry Henry is due as well.
Posted: Jul 3, 2006 4:51 pm

It's just so not right.
Brazil, what happened??

By default I'm for Italy...just so long as Portugal gets knocked the fuck out.
Posted: Jul 3, 2006 5:08 pm

ABC/ESPN just went overboard on the whole Brazil=Gods thing

Eh, yeah, they did, but it shouldn't have been uncalled for seeing the mad talent they have. At least there were more than a few players deserving of all the hype b/c just a week or so earlier, ABC was slobbing all over Dwyane Wade for carrying an entire NBA team through the Finals. It was enough to make me go from "I love that guy" to "Jesus, I never wanna hear his name again" in five days!
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 10:33 pm

O'CMON!!!!!
That was AWESOME!!!
YEAH!!

Im sayin Itlay v. France in the final
OOOOK!!

Now. Off for beer-bobbing!
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 10:36 pm

goddamn that shit was OUT OF CONTROL at the end. seriously one of the coolest atmospheres i've ever seen in sports.
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 10:51 pm

ITALIAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITALITAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOOOLYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITAAAAAAAALIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 12:19 am

I've watched it, wearing my azzuro-tshirt in a bar full of crying germans.
I yelled alot cause those fucks kept me from sleeping last night with their "Deutschland!Deutschlaaaaand" chants.
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 4:30 am

everything smells like bachamykoola
WE LOVE IT!!!
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 5:29 am

Just got home from much sillines....same channel was on...replay was on 10mins into OT! Great AGAIN!! But it just seemed so much sweeter the 2nd time and in the 28/9/30th minute!!
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 2:41 pm

Unreal.
Seriously.
One of the best matches I've ever seen.

Germans Go Home! What's that?...you already are home?...oh then fetch me a Meisterbrau, bitches, and watch as France proceeds to the final.
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 4:13 pm

DAMNIT!!!!! Well, we are FUCKED cos we DVR-ed yesterdays and b/c they don't add an iota of extra time, it cut off at exactly 2 hours...and now we DVR-ed todays and forgot to add the next block of time. Oh fucking well.

We missed all of overtime in yesterday's match after watching that entire game of no goals. Fucking hell.
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 4:43 pm

We missed all of overtime in yesterday's match after watching that entire game of no goals. Fucking hell.

URL

gay:
URL
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 5:03 pm

here it is with awesome italian commentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzD0e6GLVao
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 6:42 pm

Thank you all.

Just found out that Hollis TCB with the DVR. Yes!
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 6:58 pm

All I've got to say is that France better beat that team of diving cheating whining crying scumbags deep into the ground, especially Maniche, who has been just about the worst offender of the tournament. And if France can't do it, then Italia had better do the business on Sunday.
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 9:55 pm

Viva la France.....what did I say!! You cant sweat the technique! France will be the World Champs!
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 10:09 pm

I picked France too. Well they were my second guess after the Ukraine...
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 10:13 pm

Barthez almost gave that match away towards the end. Surprise. Surprise. Honestly, I don't see France winning it. Henry has been pretty average in the tournament, and a bit much is being made of Zidane's swan song. Italy's on fire. Should be a good final, none the less.
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 10:26 pm

France will be the World Champs!

Ovair Ma Dead Bodee!
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 11:56 pm

a bit much is being made of Zidane's swan song.

That ain't Zidane's fault--it's the crap American announcers who know so little about soccer that the only comments they feel comfortable making are ones like, "Zidane, will this be his final game?" and "the Great Zidane in what may be his final game." Shut up, we get it! John Harkes sounds like a woman.
Posted: Jul 6, 2006 12:31 am | Edited by: razor shines

god help us if Italy wins. It was bad enough that the Greeks here went absolutely fucking apeshit when they won the Euro cup, I can't imagine what the fuck is going to happen if the Italians actually have something to celebrate about.
Posted: Jul 6, 2006 1:20 am

I can't imagine what the fuck is going to happen if the Italians actually have something to celebrate about.

Ah hahhahahahahaha! That was pretty good, razor.
Posted: Jul 6, 2006 2:30 am

That ain't Zidane's fault--it's the crap American announcers who know so little about soccer that the only comments they feel comfortable making are ones like, "Zidane, will this be his final game?" and "the Great Zidane in what may be his final game." Shut up, we get it! John Harkes sounds like a woman.

We'll never get to see scenes like this again.
http://www.ratemyvomit.com/?action=ssp&pid=406
Posted: Jul 6, 2006 6:02 pm

FORZA ITALIA!!!
Posted: Jul 6, 2006 6:21 pm

I just read that FIFA has already sold out all advertising for 2010 and 2014 World Cups....
Posted: Jul 6, 2006 7:11 pm

"If I don't get my football back/I'm gonna sic my dad on you!"

I wonder how many weeks it will take for this annoyingly catchy tune to escape my psyche?
Posted: Jul 6, 2006 7:18 pm

We'll never get to see scenes like this again.

Now that's a solid hurl, not like the candy-assed ralph Beckham had earlier in this Cup.

this annoyingly catchy tune

I love that tune! Kids used to say that shit in my neighborhood all the time.
Posted: Jul 6, 2006 7:57 pm

In my neighborhood, they'd just as soon shoot your ass with a BB gun before even speaking with their dad! But then again, I didn't grow up in a quaint, filthy Spanish square (or where the hell are they anyway?)...
Posted: Jul 9, 2006 9:20 pm

So what the fuck did he just say to Zidane to warrant a freaking headbutt to the chest???????
Posted: Jul 9, 2006 9:44 pm

ITALY WINS!!!!!

that headbutt by zidane was one of the most no-class moronic plays in a big game ever.
Posted: Jul 9, 2006 9:54 pm

Shoot-outs are so unfair, there's no way the shooter can miss a net that big.

Does anyone know the names of the victory songs, they are playing right now?
Posted: Jul 9, 2006 10:12 pm

what a boring game. oh well.
Posted: Jul 9, 2006 10:17 pm

"De puta madre", that's what you say to freak an arab out.
Posted: Jul 9, 2006 10:30 pm

Zidane is a tard !
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 12:15 am

or was it chinga tu madre? Whatever, it won me 160$
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 12:59 am

It's hard to make out but after reviewing the tape, I do believe that Materazzi was talking shit about Jerry Lewis.
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 3:47 am

Posted: Jul 10, 2006 6:04 am

Zidane is a fuckin punk, i'm glad hes leaving the game like that. an asshole fuckin loser!

BRAVO AZZURRI, BRAVO!

Also, me and Steve Beat were on the BBC being interviewed at our local pub. Shit was sweet.
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 3:20 pm

Posted: Jul 10, 2006 3:27 pm

I was in the office of the magazine I work for last night and one of the graphic designers came in with his Italia jersey on and started talking to me about the game. I stopped him to say "Yeah, too bad the Tigers lost though." He looked at me like I was from outerspace...
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 3:56 pm

I was watching that tigers game. What's up with the Mariners uniforms? Those are the gayest baseball jerseys I have ever seen.
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 4:32 pm

I am so glad this shit is over, it was totally ruining my morning routine.
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 4:45 pm

that headbutt by zidane was

The most exiting part of the game!

Zzzzzzzzzz on the rest.
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 7:55 pm

The most exiting part of the game!

Zzzzzzzzzz on the rest.

I dunno... that French dude Henry was pretty amazing with his ball control. Pure electricity on the pitch each time his magic feet touched the ball. Like velcro, they were.

Ugh...those announcers were terrible. I'm beginning to talk like them.

Seriously, Henry rocked.

As for the headbutt?? I thought it was pretty awesome. I was just amazed that no one from Italy took a swing at him.
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 8:14 pm

i don't know if this was covered or not but my cabdriver was telling me that africans everywhere were rooting for france because 17 of the 24 players on the team are black. he was also saying that the last time italy won, in 1982, the goverment had to cut some deal to get a player out of prison prior to the world cup, Paolo Rossi.
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 8:54 pm

This time the Italian scandal is about match fixing, and four of the biggest teams in Italy could get relegated to one of the lower leagues, which means many of the Italian squad could be looking for new employers shortly.
Posted: Jul 12, 2006 5:09 pm

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 7:15 pm

last night on sportcenter they had information from italian lip readers that said Materazzi (headbuttee) said to Zidane (headbutter) something along the lines of, "I hope you and your family all die horrible immediate deaths."

this coming from Materazzi whose father coached Lazio. if you didn't know, Lazio has been popular for Nazi/Fascist support and was Mussolini's favorite team in the early 70's. Zidane, meanwhile, has roots in Algeria and is a strong supporter of the Muslim faith.

i'd headbutt that motherfucker too, i don't care where i am. but, again this is all hear-say. Zidane supposedly has his first press conference tonight in france.
Posted: Jul 12, 2006 7:23 pm

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 8:11 pm

brutalities.

maybe zidane said, fuck it, this is my last shot at this asshole. he's going down. and the lads will have to win this one without me.
Posted: Jul 12, 2006 8:36 pm

some more fun Zidane stuff
http://www.loganscrawl.co.uk/zidane/
Posted: Jul 12, 2006 9:18 pm

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 11:17 pm

Today he said he's sorry but he don't regret. Got that?!!
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 11:52 pm

Posted: Jul 25, 2006 1:15 am

Posted: Jul 25, 2006 10:05 am

Germany v. Greece

"Beckenbauer obviously a bit of a suprise there..."

I would have thought Archimedes would have been in goal......
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 7:48 pm

Posted: Jun 28, 2006, 7:49 pm Quote Suffering World Cup withdrawals? Watch this.

For those of you hoping for a YouTube version to paste on your myspace pages or something, I refer you to my, ahem, post from earlier in this thread.
Posted: Jul 27, 2006 12:48 pm

does anyone know a website where i can buy some ss lazio shorts. i want some lazio shorts to wear to work, to bed, to fucking, ect.
chanks,
yanni sitar
Posted: Jul 27, 2006 1:08 pm

- good World Cup footage
Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®