Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Favorite Blackout performance (other than the Oblivians, Persuaders or Clone Defects)
Posted: May 29, 2006 3:24 pm

I know everone had to have enjoyed the Oblivians, Persuaders and Clone Defects.....what were some of your OTHER favorite performances?
(I thought the Krunchies and Angry Angry were great!)
Of course King Kahn and BBQ were great too, but I wanna hear some feedback on the not so obvious performers.......
Posted: May 29, 2006 3:29 pm

The Mullens! (myspace.com/themullens) I never heard them before and was totally blown away.
Posted: May 29, 2006 3:44 pm

COCOCOMA!!
Posted: May 29, 2006 3:51 pm

angry angles might have been my favorite of the weekend. cococomas new stuff sounds great and that may have been the best i've heard the krunchies.
Posted: May 29, 2006 4:03 pm

personal top 5:
1. Cheater Slicks (made me go nuts, new songs sounded great)
2. Oblivians (i screamed like a girl and had to puke during "feel real good")
3. Mullens (absolutely perfect. wish they had played Isabel though)
4. Mirrors (completely blown away)
5. Marked Men (so tight)

best bands i hadnt heard: Creetens (fave non blackout band) and Goodnight Lovin'

only a 2 or 3 bands i wasnt really into. but everything else was either really good or fucking great.

good to see some of you again and good to meet some of you for the first time.
Posted: May 29, 2006 4:11 pm

Catholic Boys set at Ice factory
Mirrors were great
Mind Controls - totally great set and almost a fight before it!
King Khan/BBQ -of course
I even liked the Cuts quite a bit

I might second the Angry Angles as a possible best band of weekend even! (minus Oblivians and persuaders)
Posted: May 29, 2006 4:13 pm

other memorable performance was lastname wearing what appeared to be pinky tuscadero's jumpsuit from the happy days episode where she drives in the demolition derby.

not saying it was something i wish i'd seen but god knows i won't be able to forget it.
Posted: May 29, 2006 4:38 pm

All of the headliners were amazing. I doubt a better group of four headliners could have been planned.

The best bands I hadn't heard were Cocomas and LiveFastDie. I bought their stuff within two minutes of their set ending. The Mirrors were also amazing.

Biggest regret has to be getting delayed on the way to the Friday show and only catching the last two songs of the Dutch Masters.

Really, there were only two bands that I didn't care for. I had a blast, and for once have come away in good health.
Posted: May 29, 2006 5:00 pm

Formaldahyde Junkies at the Ice factory were fucking great. Catholic Boys rounding off the weekend were my highlight. My all time faves of the whole weekend though was Tuff Bananas. great set, great guys as well.
Posted: May 29, 2006 5:03 pm

MOSH NOW, YOU FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: May 29, 2006 5:03 pm

i'm gay - just sayin.
Posted: May 29, 2006 5:04 pm

Oh yeah - King Khan & BBQ at the Sunday barbecue was the perfect end to the weekend, but what was up with that purple guy?
Posted: May 29, 2006 5:24 pm

Mind Controls!
Posted: May 29, 2006 6:10 pm

how the fuck did i forget the mind controls? that was an absolute blast!
Posted: May 29, 2006 6:33 pm

what was up with that purple guy?

i've never seen a man w/ camel toe before
Posted: May 29, 2006 7:34 pm

Dude! Dark Skies,the Moneychangers and The Silver Kings were my favorite bands of the weekend! I didn't see a lot of you folks at that show though,where was everybody? Maybe there was some trouble finding the venue...

No,wait-- that was over at drunk mark's place here in Portland. I was wondering why the club looked so much like someone's basement. I have been blacked out drunk all weekend though. 15 hours of straight up drinkin' on Saturday alone! Nothing like a cold n' rainy Oregon Spring weekend to stir up thoughts of fancy in an alcoholic's liver.
Posted: May 29, 2006 7:37 pm

Marked Men!
Tampoffs!

Whiteout: Frantic!
Posted: May 29, 2006 7:38 pm

mind controls, hands down.
Posted: May 29, 2006 7:53 pm

Faves besides the obvious headliners: Mullens, Mirrors, Marked Men, KK & BBQ, Cococoma, and all the cute young sweaty boys in the crowd
Posted: May 29, 2006 10:14 pm

king khan and bbq in my backyard, the mirrors, galactic inmate...
Posted: May 30, 2006 12:43 am

Catholic Boys! They were so tight as Eric was swatting away beer cans without missing a hit!

Terrible Twos were my favorite band I hadn't heard. Also an amazing drummer.

And the Mirrors killed me.

Only a couple things sucked.
Posted: May 30, 2006 1:14 am

i remember everything..!! i wasnt even that drunk. Bacci Pizza is now Village but Bacci is across the street WTF..?
Posted: May 30, 2006 1:15 am

galactic inmate
I want a belt buckle of power.
Posted: May 30, 2006 1:19 am

Or a 7", if y'all do one...
Posted: May 30, 2006 1:25 am

Or a 7", if y'all do one...

I was selling them at the show. Where were you, in the basement or something?
Posted: May 30, 2006 1:34 am

No. I was trying to find the Tamale guy.
Posted: May 30, 2006 3:15 am

mind controls, hands down.

I second that emotion!

watching BBQ throw down his guitar and front on that fag in the audience was great too...
Posted: May 30, 2006 3:25 am

-the Oblivians broke my mind. twice in one day.
-Cheater Slicks. period.
-Angry Angles were FEROCIOUS!
-Krunchies - best set I've ever seen em play...
-MIRRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-KK & BBQ were ever the consumate professionals!
-Demons Claws! - I've been humming 'Wrong Side of Town' for 2 days now.
-DUTCHMASTERS! - Joe's bass solo was H.O.T.T.
Posted: May 30, 2006 3:46 am

my faves:
jeff as a puerto rican princess
brian as life of the party every single nite!
bill and his millenium falcon
lisa as boobie patrol
ysael as the retarded farmer
Posted: May 30, 2006 3:48 am

oh yeah!
justin as the black guy from familiy guy!!!
Posted: May 30, 2006 4:54 am

Clone Defects- Great selection of tunes, and A-ron was fantastic !
Marked Men- Never disappoint. So happy to see them again and get the new record.
Demons Claws- WITH Pierro. A dream come true. Saw them three times in one week, and Blackout show was the best.

Of course Mirrors, Mind Controls, and Cuts were out of sight. Every band made me happy, even Dead Moon.
Posted: May 30, 2006 4:56 am

The Elvis shrine at Hot Doug's.
Posted: May 30, 2006 7:52 am

Marked Men!

KK & BBQ!

Mirrors!

Angry Angles!

Dead Moon!

Clone Defects!

Cococoma!

Santulos!

Hot Doug's!

Bratwurst @ Wrigley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: May 30, 2006 7:54 am

Dark Skies rule...
Posted: May 30, 2006 9:28 am

Wed - Best - King Khan & BBQ / Marked Men (Worst - Goodnight Lovin / Galactic Inmate)
Thu - Best - Angry Angles / Clone Defects (Worst - none, but Cheater Slicks played too long)
Fri - Best - Mind Controls / Dutch Masters (Worst - Dead Moon / Mullens)
Sat - Best - Oblivians / Persuaders (Worst - Tampoffs / Demons Claws)
Posted: May 30, 2006 4:30 pm

I can't believe my phenomenal dance moves didn't make anyones list.
Posted: May 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Worst - Dead Moon

I did not go to Blackout this year, but I have seen these guys play twice. The first time, I left (apparently it got better after I left, but they all looked like they were on heavy drugs and had no energy), The second time rocked my world. So, my conclusion - how good they are probably depends on level of intoxication and drug choice for the evening.
Posted: May 30, 2006 7:09 pm

PURPLE!
Posted: May 30, 2006 10:39 pm

Louie, I think you fell in love with purple. I totally love how you got all close & personal, told how awesome he was because he sucked so bad. That ruled.
Posted: May 30, 2006 10:44 pm

Cococomas were AWESOME!!! ANGRY ANGLES were TIGHT AS MATT COPPENS PUSSY!!!! PERSUADERS.... WELL.... FABULOUS!!!! DUTCH MASTERS were GREAT!!!!
Posted: May 30, 2006 10:46 pm

I don't understand how anyone in that room could say that Dead Moon sucked.
Posted: May 30, 2006 10:47 pm

"Come on Melonie, don't be a pussy"
Posted: May 30, 2006 11:10 pm

the time flys sucked way more than i thought they would.
Posted: May 30, 2006 11:12 pm

Time Flys = Great. I don't care what they fucking looked like.
Posted: May 30, 2006 11:15 pm

i was bored and i like the record
Posted: May 30, 2006 11:18 pm

-cococomas!
-seeing mark sultan's pompous ass getting pelted with a full drink. the pussy who threw it ran away though. i wanted to see a throwdown more than the mind controls.
Posted: May 30, 2006 11:25 pm

i lobbed a beer can over the heads towards at eric apnea and he defended it with his mighty drum sticks.... that ruled.
Posted: May 30, 2006 11:28 pm

matt, don't you even know how to spell my name? man, by the time I got called a pussy I had had enough...you suck!
Posted: May 31, 2006 8:55 am

Dead Moon wouldn't of sucked if they'd played a short concise 45 minute set, but they went on for well over an hour and a half, that was what made them boring.
Posted: May 31, 2006 3:16 pm

yeah, i don't either. that was SO awesome.

Dead Moon wouldn't of sucked if they'd played a short concise 45 minute set

they can play however long they wanna play. they're dead moon and that was NOT boring.
Posted: May 31, 2006 3:48 pm

I don't care how good a band is, I can't pay attention for over an hour. For punk bands, it's a half hour. You guys all suck - Time Flys were one of the best of the weekend.
Posted: May 31, 2006 3:50 pm

I can't pay attention for over an hour

The Oblivians played for over an hour and a half. I wasn't bored at all. It actually seemed short.
Posted: May 31, 2006 3:55 pm

The Oblivians played for over an hour and a half. I wasn't bored at all. It actually seemed short.

i could have watched an hour more. easily.
Posted: May 31, 2006 4:43 pm

Trickknee's right, if you can't do what you gotta do in a half hour set don't even get on the stage. There are a few exceptions, Oblivians being being one of them, they were awesome from beginning to end.
Posted: May 31, 2006 4:44 pm

I though dead moon was really boring and part of it was the FOUR COVERS they played. Fuck that shit.
Posted: May 31, 2006 4:50 pm

covers=boring?

(i feel like i'm missing something)
Posted: May 31, 2006 4:51 pm

or too many for your taste?
Posted: May 31, 2006 4:53 pm

I thought Dead Moon was good, though I only watched for about 25 minutes... but too many covers was my argument against the Dollrods...
Unless covers are your thing (ala Dirtbombs a few years ago)
Posted: May 31, 2006 4:59 pm

I though dead moon was really boring and part of it was the FOUR COVERS they played. Fuck that shit.

i coulda done without the stones, johnny cash, and led zep ones, but i dug the ac/dc cover.
Posted: May 31, 2006 5:23 pm

I'm sure I'd have made an Oblivians exception, but I felt so lousy and out of it by the time they played that I barely enjoyed the set. In my right mind, I can't think of many bands other than the Oblivians that could conceivably go past an hour, but they have a lot of things going for them, including personal swaps & shit.
Posted: May 31, 2006 5:26 pm

AGREED! So much good stuff, but Time Flys were absolutely one of my favorites of the weekend. Berlin Brats were spinning in they graves.
Posted: May 31, 2006 5:50 pm

I did not dig The Mirrors at all. Play the song and end it......."This is the song that never ends.......". Great musicians, just not my thing. I didn't care much for Time Flys, either. There were alot of acts over at The Mutiny I would have rather seen in the Blackout lineup.

Where to start with the bands I LOVED??? Cococoma ruled, LiveFastDie were unreal, Dutch Masters were in my top 3 all week and then played in front of acts I thought they slaughtered, Clone Defects were insanely good, Marked Men just plain kicked ass and then some, Angry Angles were superb, Demon's Claws KICKED ass, Cheater Slicks were great as well and I really, really dug the Tampoffs.

I spent so much money on records and t-shirts from so many GREAT bands that I almost had to hitch a ride home.
Posted: May 31, 2006 6:10 pm

Dead Moon headlined, therefore, anyone who thought they were playing too long could have just as easily left early...all the quicker you can hit up the message boards and give a first hand account of how much you suck...
My personal favorite (non-band related) was watching Casey get pummeled with a barrage of elbows to the ribs compliments of one April Novak during the Oblivians set. Not sure why she did it, but if I looked anything like her, I'd probably be pissed off at everyone too.
Posted: May 31, 2006 6:30 pm

whoops...sorry Todd...forgot I was using your name...
Posted: May 31, 2006 6:33 pm

I thought the Galactic Inmates were going to be the worst band of the week but when I heard the Tampoffs that changed. They were discusting.
Posted: May 31, 2006 7:37 pm

I really liked Dead Moon's Elvis cover near the end of the set. Might've been the start of the encore, even. Though every time I hear that song, I hope for an "our love...was meant to ... shit. Hot damn tamale!"
Posted: May 31, 2006 7:56 pm

c. lotta, were ya hanging out on the steps watching The Mullens while they played?

To the rest of ya critics = NERDS!

All the bands killed.

Dead Moon ALWAYS plays that long. They're yer elders....show sum respect.....better yet, get yer own band and stop being bunch of whining ass pussies.

Gary1234, seems as though ya have a case of "garagerock tunnel vision"

Ya'll are like a buncha monday afternoon quaterbacks.
Keep callin' the plays guys. Good work.

I'm sure am glad I don't have to do another one of these.
-M
Posted: May 31, 2006 8:11 pm

hey billiams, you and the rest of the HA crew, the empty bottle, and especially the bands did an amazing job this year.
i'm bummed i won't be making my yearly springtime trip to chicago next year.
Posted: May 31, 2006 8:41 pm

Cococoma!
Feelers!
Frantic! [first-time to see!]
Mangina! [first-time to see!]
KK/BBQ set @ the BBQ = Complete magic!

And I was blown-fucking away by the most-anticipated/biggest treats of my trip.....the PERSUADERS! OBLIVIANS! I am SO glad they exceeded my expectations. KK/BBQ & Clone Defects also exceeded and electrified! INCREDIBLE!

And I'd like to double this:

hey billiams, you and the rest of the HA crew, the empty bottle, and especially the bands did an amazing job this year.

I'm broke and completely satisfied.
Posted: May 31, 2006 9:11 pm

c. lotta, were ya hanging out on the steps watching The Mullens while they played?

Naw, I was near that side of the stage, but wasn't on the steps. I think I had a grey tank top on that night. That was an epic day for me -cubs game, smoking, eating, drinking, and then the rock and roll! The Mullens are totally my new favorite band, and I didn't have tooooo many beers, because they sound just as good sober.

What led zepplin song did dead moon cover? Why don't I remember this?

My only complaints would be getting hit in the head by someone else's head, getting burnt by a cigarette, and finally getting "goosed". All this during the Oblivians. And it was all well worth it.
Posted: May 31, 2006 9:50 pm

no shit. i almost had a few strokes and a heart attack and a leg transplant. twice as good as the memphis show a few days before
Posted: May 31, 2006 9:53 pm

and the best performance was by M.O.T.O. hands down.
Posted: May 31, 2006 10:00 pm

What led zepplin song did dead moon cover? Why don't I remember this?

communication breakdown

you were probably drunk as a skunk. i was late in the set. i think
Posted: May 31, 2006 11:40 pm

i hardly remember being 'pompous'... whatever. but i had fun, even with all that crap at the beginning of the mind controls show.
Posted: May 31, 2006 11:46 pm

crap at the beginning of the mind controls show
Dude, I listened to all the banter at the beginning, but wasn't there to see what happened. What happened?
Posted: May 31, 2006 11:47 pm

someone threw a beer & thought it was funny.
Posted: May 31, 2006 11:54 pm

I just didn't know what happened.
I just listened to it again.
Mark: Hey, what town are you from? Are you the cool guy in your town? You're fuckin' cool, dude. Woooooooo!
Crowd: *Ooooohhh....*
Mark: Aw, man. The guy's fucking running! (laughs) You fuckin' pussy, EAT SHIT!
Posted: May 31, 2006 11:56 pm

Not sure why she did it

I'd react the same way if a drunk, sweaty, fat guy was gettin his hands too close to my pussy. Arman and I were both eyewitnesses to this.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 12:28 am

Not sure why she did it

I'd react the same way if a drunk, sweaty, fat guy was gettin his hands too close to my pussy. Arman and I were both eyewitnesses to this.

yeah, i saw it too, and there was nothing even close to crossing the line going on...don't stand in front of the stage if you can't handle strangers bumping into you
josh
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 12:32 am

bumping into your... pussy? hehe
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 1:01 am

someone threw a beer & thought it was funny.

It wasn't a beer, it was a full glass of water and that dude was a fucking idiot. He bitched during every song of every band that night (something always along the lines of, "You punk rockers fucking suck!! Stoner rock! Stoner rock!"). He tossed the water and then ran for the door like a cunt when BBQ went to put his guitar down.

I saw him outside after the show and told him he ran like a little girl and he goes, "Yeah, I know. I always do that." What a choad.

Billiams & The Empty Bottle - this was my best four days of concerts ever. The lineups were unreal. Thanks for the effort. Not everyone likes the same music so not all the bands are going to be liked by everyone. I wouldn't take such offense.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 1:05 am

I thought the Galactic Inmates were going to be the worst band of the week but when I heard the Tampoffs that changed. They were discusting.

An idiot with "offspring" in his username would say that. And spell "disgusting" incorrectly.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 1:24 am

i don't know who casey is, but there was a big fat sweaty guy that completely crossed the line....maybe it's a different dude. this guy groped me 3 times and yeah i pushed him after that.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 1:27 am

Casey is allowed to do whatever the fuck he wants.

Casey fuckin Buhr all the way!!!

Algoma!
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 1:29 am

Aside from the heavyweights, the Marked Men, Creteens, Feelers, Carbonas, Mind Controls, Mullens, Live Fast Die and Cococoma were really good.

Fantastic job by billiams, Todd and everyone else involved. I had a blast.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 2:56 am

i didn't say that "pussy, blah blah" shit, because i hate that shit. our drummer said that stuff. i didn't play that show to be 'confrontational' and shit. it kinda was a bummer, actually. i just wanted to have fun. the 'banter' started before on his part - he was fully into hating on me, and he apparently was dissing me to a friend of mine the whole time before. but i talked to the guy later. i guess it was his big night. listen, i am just trying to have fun at these shows. i know a bunch of folks hate me, but i actually find it 'pompous' when people who don't even know someone judge them. mind controls is actually supposed to be straight-edge peace-core.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 3:05 am

our drummer said that stuff.
Sorry, Mark. My mistake. And I don't hate you, neither.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 3:45 am

" mind controls is actually supposed to be straight-edge peace-core."

NOW MOSH, YOU FUCKERS!!!!!!
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 4:02 am | Edited by: DevilDog

It's bothering the hell out of me that this thread excluded three of the best performers all week. So I'm just gonna say that all three completely and totally slayed me. Thinking back at the power the Persuaders played with makes the hair stand up on my neck. Fuck that was good stuff! And the Clone Defects?? Christ! And the Oblivians were a total and sincere religious experience.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 4:23 am

thanks, man. but i really don't think i was acting whatever way... anyway, thanks to all, especially bill and lisa for ridiculous hospitality AND to the hozac crew. great times.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 4:30 am

AW - Mark, you old softie.....
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 5:40 am

I wasn't there, but I'm sure Dead Moon were great.

Maybe you guys would even like the Time Flys if there were pictures of them eating hot dogs in Goner t-shirts.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 12:24 pm

I hadn't intended to respond as I didn't deem it necessary, however it was bothering me enough to think my name was be sullied and I was being viewed as some grotesque sweaty pervert so... Per the leveled groping allegations, though having a foggy notion but still having another to corroborate, it was an incidental situation with no malice or perversion intended. Perceive it how you may, but crowd flow and balance play large roles in situations like these.

Thanks for the support Brad. Thanks for the green light in life Troy.

Casey
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 1:58 pm

Casey's not really the type to be anonymously groping the crowd (his girlfriend was right near/next to him anyway, I imagine), though he is big and sweaty and ready for a civil war reenactment.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 3:24 pm

He Casey! I had the same thing happen to me in Memphis for the 1st Oblivians reunion. I didn't do shit but I got swatted at and I was totally confused why this chick was trying to kill me. Since April's the one accusing "somebody" this time I wouldn't take it too seriously. She likes to stir up shit wherever she goes. I wish I knew why. Oh yeah, it's cuz she's retarded.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 3:52 pm

Bazooka Joe, I LOVE YOU!
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 3:53 pm

me too...
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 3:54 pm | Edited by: bushmeister

Mark Sultan and the Canadian crew have always been awesome!! BIG FAN of you guys... Ysael!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU RULE! Thanks for the HOT Haunted George record... its a new favorite!!!
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 4:44 pm

I saw him outside after the show and told him he ran like a little girl and he goes, "Yeah, I know. I always do that." What a choad.

Devil Dog, did we meet outside the empty bottle? I swear somebody told me this story at the end of the night... but I can't remember the specifics (like, who, exactly)... for some reason or another.

I saw the whole thing. Mark didn't do shit to that dude. It was a source of endless amusement AND irritation to me for at least an hour.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 7:36 pm | Edited by: queenothetwist

Hey Mark, that guy who threw the water at you is actually a huge fan; he's a friend of mine and does that shit at every show (and sometimes randomly on the street). He's a chronic heckler - he can't control himself at ALL. He wants people to like him but when he gets in social situations he turns into a retarded loudmouth. I'm also pretty sure he's also gay and might possibly love you. which might explain the whole situation....

Even after Matt came over and talked to him he kept at it, just under his breath.

my apologies to everyone for his existance. He's actually really great. Stupid asshat.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 7:52 pm

Floor Pie 4 Life
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 7:56 pm

I have a real hard time believing Dead Moon sucked. One of the best shows I've ever seen was a Dead Moon show. I like the 70's rock covers though.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 7:58 pm

I was squished up next to April when she got groped. I don't know who did it, but she indeed was touched in more than an accidental mosh pit way.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 8:31 pm

she liked it.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 9:43 pm

this guy groped me 3 times and yeah i pushed him after that.
Chances are he was trying to find out if you were actually a guy in drag

Floor Pie 4 Life
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 12:36 am | Edited by: april n

i take it that means a small skinny dry guy would have been ok?

not at all....
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 12:44 am

that would certainly rule out brad.
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 1:13 am

All you ever do is talk about raping ape!

RAPE APE!

RAPE APE!
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 1:39 am

Roy Oden?
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 6:17 pm

People,

Once again, THANKS FOR COMING! Really, Me and the other HozAc guys super appreciate it. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves (to much at times?)

Sorry, if I was ranting a little in the earlier post. It's hard not to take offense though. These bands are close friends that I/we have met over the years. That is why they played this Blackout, we weren't lookin' to win any popularity contests....just wanted to have good friends and good times. I know not everyones gonna like the same thing, just no need for negative critique.
THANY YOU ALL!!!!
TITZ

On another note:
Who was the girl in the jean dress with another female friend sitting on the stairs while The Mullens played? Anyone, anyone?

BTW- Dead Moon rule!
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 6:22 pm

I don't care how good a band is, I can't pay attention for over an hour

you could always leave...there was another room to hang out in

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves (to much at times?)
billiams..... i did indeed. thank you and the hozac dudes for a great line up of bands/friends that its always a big pleasure to see. and many more thanks to you personally for letting me, you know.... do what tom told me to do. over and over again.
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 6:30 pm

you could always leave...there was another room to hang out in

And that's what I did. What's your point? I'm not saying that bands can't or shouldn't play that long, or that other people don't enjoy marathon sets, I'm saying I personally can't stand hour and a half sets from any band, and there's really no way to debate that.

Matt - I saw more great bands (night & day shows) than any other weekend of my life. Thanks again, buddy! I despise festivals, but made it to every Blackout except for the first because you guys had the best line-ups and the best attitude. RIP Blackout and some much-needed rest to the HA crew.
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 6:39 pm

Theresa, did you do some blow?
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 6:39 pm

ive only been to the last two blackouts and had a great time at both of them... thanks for all the hard work....

if there is a band i dont wanna see then i go to the other room and sit my ass on the floor drinkin a beer...
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 6:42 pm

What's your point?

just that you could always leave the room. i didn't know you did; glad you did....i think its a tough call - for the band or audience.... is less more or is more more or too much?

Theresa, did you do some blow?
Bazooka, don't you know that vodka and vino are my only poisons?
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 6:44 pm

In know you did.
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 6:54 pm

i snorted adderal.
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 7:06 pm

Billiams, Todd, etc..
Thank you for hooking us all up with a most excellent time! We had many many fungasms. Got home broke & exhausted & very glad that we went.
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 7:45 pm

FUNGASMS are on us Alex! great to see you guys
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 8:56 pm

I believe Todd still had a little fungasm on his shirt sleeve last time I saw him....caked on!
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 10:33 pm

many more thanks to you personally for letting me, you know.... do what tom told me to do. over and over again.

i totally should have done that to Billiams too....
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 11:10 pm

how 'bout them empty bottle doorguys?!
buncha sweethearts.
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 11:39 pm

no kidding - those guys were probably stressed as all get out and they coulda been assholes. they were great. everybody was great, esp billiams, todd others who put blackout together(bands included)

i had a blast.
Posted: Jun 3, 2006 12:05 am

i actually like the fact that there were bands i dont like. gave me a chance to relax, get a drink, go to the bathroom, check out the merch, chat it up, and save my energy for the bands that were great. a few so-so bands here and there isnt necessarily a bad thing. overall it was all quality fun.
Posted: Jun 3, 2006 4:58 pm

covers=boring?

I'm strictly a one cover per set kind of gal. And I just think that if a band has been a band a billion years, and they are going to play for like five hours, then they should play their own songs. And I didn't like them. And I thought you quit this message board.
Posted: Jun 3, 2006 8:32 pm

nope, we're all still here.
Posted: Jun 3, 2006 10:50 pm

I want my pants back.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®