Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Ever been in an audience for a tv show?
Posted: May 23, 2006 8:34 am

Always wanted to do that but since I'm never in NY, LA or Chicago I never have. Oprah, Springer, Price Is Right would be my choices.
Posted: May 23, 2006 10:57 am

I was super-waked and baked with some friends on a Sally Jesse Rapheal. I actually ended up seeing it. You can hear me yelling in the background. They gave us a piece of pizza.
Posted: May 23, 2006 11:11 am

Oh SJR is a good show. Lucky!
Posted: May 23, 2006 11:11 am

is

was
Posted: May 23, 2006 2:18 pm

SJR is one of my most-hated people, ever. HATE that cunt.
Posted: May 23, 2006 3:01 pm

I went and saw That 70s Show once. It was when Wilmer/Fez was dating Lindsay Lohan and she came and visited the set. She was wearing a weird frumpy ankle length skirt and oversized sweater. She seemed really sweet though. Fez did a question and answer session with the audience.
Posted: May 23, 2006 3:22 pm

conan o'brien. got to be on tv for 3 seconds when they did a bit using the audience. it was fun.
Posted: May 23, 2006 4:16 pm

Womb Raider? Weren't you on the Wheel of Fortune about this time last year?
Posted: May 23, 2006 4:19 pm

Does Dick William's Magicland count?
Oh, and Happy Hal too!
Posted: May 23, 2006 4:20 pm

I was on Bozo's Circus on WGN when I was a kid!
and I worked behind the scenes on David Copperfield's Tornado of Fire TV special... thought the studio audience was gonna revolt and slaughter us all a few times.
Posted: May 23, 2006 6:19 pm

My mother and I were in the background audience for a Hulk Hogan informercial that was filmed on the beach, but never aired anywhere. It was hard to keep a straight face...for some sort of exercise machine. Bonus: Made out with the girl who's family Hogan bought their mansion from, the one you see on Clearwater Beach. She has Brooke's phone number, holla!
Posted: May 23, 2006 6:22 pm

Yes, I was in the audience for a Donahue show in NY in fall of 1995. It was on crystal meth, and I was high on the weed in the dead center of the crowd wearing a terry cloth shirt that looks like a towel. I was a bartender in college and had a guy come up to me at the bar later that spring, who said that he recognized me from the show because he had been made to watch it in rehab. Really drunk, "Dude, you're that Donahue guy, I had to watch you in rehab," as if I had been a guest or something on the show. Alas, I was a measly audience member too high to realize he was in the middle and hence in every single camera angle of the audience.
Posted: May 23, 2006 6:26 pm

dick williams magic show.
i was a cub scout.
ben crunk and brian scott were there too.
in cub scout uniforms.
my uncle said S-E-X.
Posted: May 23, 2006 6:33 pm

Magicland with Dick Williams.

Multiple times (as a Brownie) and I got to put one of those huge silver needles thru a huge yellow balloon (mine popped but Dickie Boys didn't).
Posted: May 23, 2006 6:42 pm

Hey Andria, I was in the audience for Bozo, too when I was like three, 1976! I just remember that announcer always said "Pshaw!" whenever one of the kids missed the bucket. I liked it better on TV, I got scared for some reason in the audience, I cannot remember why. Maybe cause I was three or something.
Posted: May 23, 2006 7:08 pm

Garage Rock USA
Posted: May 23, 2006 7:56 pm

I was a contestant on MTV's "Remote Control" in '88 or '89. I was the big winner. I won a trip to Acapulco and a bunch of other stuff, including a neon Pepsi sign and a video game system that no one ever bought, Turbo Graphix- no Turtle Wax, no Rice-a-Roni. The show featured the "talents" of Colin Quinn, Adam Sandler, and Dennis Leary. They were actually all nice guys. The host, Ken Ober, was a coked-out primadonna.
Posted: May 23, 2006 7:59 pm

THAT IS VERY FUNNY!
Posted: May 23, 2006 8:18 pm

Does public access count?
Posted: May 23, 2006 8:19 pm

whoa, Schmatt -- we were there in 75 or 76. my brother's friend got picked to play the bucket game. I wanted to try the one where you had to find all the calendar pages with Friday the 13th on em.

Last week, my mama mailed me my autographed photo of Cookie the clown! can't believe it turned up after all those years!
Posted: May 23, 2006 8:24 pm

brother's friend got picked to play the bucket game.

Did he win the "brand new fifty dollar bill"?

Best jingle ever: Kids in Chicago having a good time. They're all watching channel 9!
Posted: May 23, 2006 8:25 pm

never been in a tv audience before. i just got interviewed by the stupid news here in memphis where they were asking me about where i thought there were more drugs -- at clubs or at parties? i said "i don't know. there are probably some at both. whatever." i had just got completely fucking baked previous to them asking me that question, sitting in a tree at overton park. fucking hilarious shit. i still laugh that they put me on tv.

i have always wanted to be on the price is right or jeopardy.
Posted: May 23, 2006 8:30 pm

Never been in the audience, but I was on "Putting On The Hits" back in the mid-80s. I performed as Billy Idol doin' "White Wedding"
Posted: May 23, 2006 9:35 pm

I'm totally jealous of the dude who was on 'Remote Control.' That's almost as good as being on 'Blind Date,' which I know womeone who was. Gonna get on 'Jeopardy!' one of these days. Gimme some tests! Wait, not drug.....!
Posted: May 23, 2006 9:43 pm

I seen the HIVES play on Late Night with Carson Daily.
I was also in the audience for a David Letterman show at the Ed Sullivan theatre, Dave came out before the show to talk w/ the audience and said " fuck" at least once and "shit" a few times, it RULED!
Posted: May 23, 2006 9:51 pm

i went to a daily show taping
i liked it better than cats...
Posted: May 23, 2006 10:00 pm

I was in the audience for the original Double Dare with Marc Summers in 1986. I won a watch.

Jenny Jones show twice and man on man it's so easy to get roped into the
"OHHH" "AHHH" "I Don't think so's," mob audience mentality. Especially when there is weird step-incest involved.

And the short lived Awful Truth with Michael Moore when they filmed in Chicago.
Posted: May 23, 2006 11:04 pm

Most recently, The Tyra Banks Show. When the episode finally aired, I was on camera for about 2 seconds.
Posted: May 24, 2006 1:56 am

Both times I lived in LA, I was a full-time paid audience "worker". That shit is hilarious- Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, Deal or No Deal, the Spanish version of Let's Make a Deal, a bunch of shitty pilots that never aired, and lots of Infomercials. Pretty ridiculous.
Posted: May 24, 2006 2:13 am

Invictus--were you asleep during the Tyra Show?
Posted: May 24, 2006 2:55 am | Edited by: razor shines

A girl I used to date, her friend and I were audience members of the Rikki Lake show (she was a big John Waters fan and I couldn't resist) when we were in NYC in August 2001. The actually filmed one and a half episodes when we were there, the half episode being a "makeover" episode in which some other studio audience would be used as the post-makeover part of the show. The episodes were called "I disaprove of your interracial relationship" and "I wanna be a pop star" the latter being the makeover episode. The whole ordeal was insanely long, we must have been in there four hours at least (including like 45 mins in line outside). Totally a waste of time, but entertaining nonetheless. Some crappy stand up comedian warmed up the crowd, told us when to cheer and boo and told us to cheer for Rikki constantly as she had just had her baby and needed encouragement. Rikki seemed pretty cool. We would have been on TV for sure during the "interracial" episode as some dude sitting right behind us made a comment during the show and the kept coming back to him (something about how black guys don't go for white chicks, they go for fat white chicks), but alas, that episode was set to air on Sept 11 and I never found out if it aired afterwards. I was wearing a New York Dolls shirt and she was wearing a Groovie Ghoulies shirt if anyone thinks they saw us.
Posted: May 24, 2006 1:02 pm

Say What? Karaoke
MTV Jams
Espn's 2 Minute Drill
David Letterman
Conan O'Brian
TRL
Tom Green Show
VH1 Fashoin Awards
MTV's 20th Anniversay Show "Barely Legal"

tons more, can't remember them all.

I was in the audience, but I was working most of the time.
Posted: May 24, 2006 10:52 pm

Invictus--were you asleep during the Tyra Show?

I might have taken a little nap... I actually love her show though. She's total comedy. I have her shit Tivoed.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®