Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Nice blackout article in the Reader, Mr. costello
Posted: May 22, 2006 4:13 am

http://www.chicagoreader.com/features/stories/musicreviews/060519/

I'm glad you emphasized actual blacking out part of the whole event. I know the six beer figure you referenced in the article was an average, but com folks, Michelle Kwan wouldn't even blackout out after six beers. So Brian, way to drive the point home. As I recall last year, I believe I shared a few shots with you on thuraday, woke up the next morning with a functional Blackouts pin in my pocket, and without a dollar of cash. good times though. It's called the "Blackout" for a reason. If it's weren't for this board, and I wouldn't ever have known Mr, Vulgar wore an octopus, even though, apparently, I was within spitting distance of it.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/howboutacookie/DSCN2402.jpg

so nice article. if nothing else, it probably drove up the price for people selling tix on ebay.
Posted: May 22, 2006 5:10 am

BC!
Posted: May 22, 2006 7:41 am

Read the whole interview with Killings and Uncle Ted plus some other Blackout memorial stuff here: www.terminal-boredom.com
Posted: May 22, 2006 5:38 pm

needs more pics
Posted: May 22, 2006 6:15 pm

i can't handle it when the interviewer has to insert himself into every question to let us know he was there. we know he's cool too, right?

The first show I went to with you guys was the first Blackout, and there were maybe 50-75 people there, depending on the night, mostly comprised of locals.

How about some specific anecdotes? Not even music related, but like, the first night I hung out with everybody was when Joanie and Timmy and Lyle Sheraton and Melanie all fell into the hottub together, covered in bubbles.

And my neighbor pulling a gun on the dude from Plastic Letters. It was like 4:30 in the morning, and cops had already been called and kicked everybody out, and my neighbor started yelling . . . . All my neighbors wanted to kill me, even Bill and Lisa in Cococoma.

Ryan and Wendy [Monitors] did that for me 2 years ago when I lived in that back apartment, after that same Blackout afterparty, and having to work the next morning, they even mopped. I hadn't even mopped since I moved there.

I stopped going to shows when I moved here, which is the big reason why I didn't meet you guys until 2001. When I first moved here, I was so bored, because people just stood there, and I'd try to have a really good time and dance, and everybody looked at me like I had the fucking plague.
Posted: May 22, 2006 6:17 pm

Yeh, that shit is kind of annoying, isn't it.
Posted: May 22, 2006 8:45 pm

our faces are no longer "blacked out". the secret is out. a tear falls.
Posted: May 22, 2006 10:14 pm

Melanie, everyone knows you're easy. now they all know joanie got to touch your junk. and vice versa?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®