Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / My sister is on the drudge report
Posted: May 18, 2006 6:30 pm

Doesn't seem like it would be any kind of big deal to me, but she's gotten over 100 harassing emails.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5ic.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU MAY 18, 2006 08:19:23 ET XXXXX

BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SENDING 1500 STUDENTS TO SEE GORE'S 'GLOBAL WARMING' FILM

**Exclusive**

School is nearly out for summer, but before the break, students at Beverly Hills High will get a "Heat Day" -- when they get to ditch class to see Al Gore's new movie!

On May 24, 2006, 1,500 Beverly Hills High School students will be boarding 30 gas-guzzling buses across town to see Al Gore's new global warming film 'AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH' at the Arclight Theatre in Hollywood, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Sarah Utley, a science teacher at Beverly Hills High School, explained in an e-mail to staff and students: "This field trip has been funded by a very generous alum!... You get to see the film for free!!!"

Utley would not reveal who is financing the school outing to mark the opening day of the movie.

"We need parent volunteers who can ride the buses and sit in the theatre," Utley said in her pitch. "The buses are arriving at 8:00am and will arrive back at BHHS by 1:00pm."

The film's urgent trailer warns: "Humanity is sitting on a ticking time bomb. If the vast majority of the world's scientists are right, we have just ten years to avert a major catastrophe that could send our entire planet into a tail-spin of epic destruction involving extreme weather, floods, droughts, epidemics and killer heat waves beyond anything we have ever experienced."

Insiders claim that Utley has annoyed some students with her instance that "global warming" is a proven science.

"She is obsessed with it," said one source. "Can't we just go see 'X-MEN?'"

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Filed By Matt Drudge
Posted: May 18, 2006 6:40 pm

I knew there was more to that natural peanut butter in your sister's fridge.

HIPPY!!!
Posted: May 18, 2006 6:40 pm

"She is obsessed with it," said one source. "Can't we just go see 'X-MEN?'"

The future of America.

(While I'd probably watch X-Men over something Al Gore was in too if I were 17)

These are the kids that can't conjugate irregular verbs by the time they are in college. This dimwittedness is what my husband sits through in his ENG 101 class...he gets to doodle while the kids go out in the hall and test each other on how to spell/talk/write at an 8th grade level.
Posted: May 18, 2006 6:52 pm

It's so dumb! I can't believe it's a big deal. It's free, its the environment (which is what she teaches), and blah blahblah.
Posted: May 18, 2006 6:54 pm

My senior class all had to go see Titanic. Of course, had faculty not over-ridden the vote, our senior song also would have been "Country Boy Can Survive." (I swear to God.)
Posted: May 18, 2006 7:03 pm

"She is obsessed with it," said one source.

Thank goodness some people are obsessed with it, those kids will wonder why hell they did not listen to people like her in 50 years when the entire earth is different and people will see that evolution exists as they melt into the ground and die from lack of drinkable water.
Posted: May 18, 2006 7:13 pm

These are the children to whom Paris Hilton and some random emo singer of the hour are their role models.

Poor little chickens.

Maybe a few of them will have their minds blown and put down the Teen Vogue and change a few things in their lives. Keep hope alive, adults!
Posted: May 18, 2006 8:05 pm

dude, your sister teaches at beverly hills high school?

does she know jason priestly?
Posted: May 18, 2006 8:07 pm

This is also the former high school of Blow Out's Jonathan Antin.
Posted: May 18, 2006 8:10 pm

This is not heinous by any means, but it does represent the activism and social engineering going on in school classroms in place of education.
There are DVD's available that cover this topic from leading scientists in the field that could be viewed in the classroom. This is about gaining publicity for the film (notice this was for kids at Beverly Hills High) anyway, so it's a score for Al Gore and his backers.
Posted: May 18, 2006 8:26 pm

Why does Matt Grudge hate America so much? It's really sad to see so many people brain washed by his internet rumor mill.

will be boarding 30 gas-guzzling buses across town to see Al Gore's new global warming film

So much for journalistic integrity. This is the evil doer that gave us Monica-Gate. Whatever happened to Kenneth Starr?
Posted: May 18, 2006 8:36 pm | Edited by: dale

I happened to tune by Rush today and he was all bitching about Norah's sister.
Posted: May 18, 2006 8:43 pm

Why does Matt Grudge hate America so much?
I like Matt Drudge, actually. He does a better job calling out the press from Fox News to NPR than anybody else. I don't read his site much, but his radio show on Sunday nights gets pretty hillarious. He's a little too pal-y with Ann Coulter, though...
Posted: May 18, 2006 8:45 pm

I love how near the top of the story, they're pointing out the supposed irony of taking "gas-guzzling" busses to see an environmental movie (as if to say that bussing -- and for that matter, public transportation -- is environmentally unsound), then near the end of the story, it's "Insiders (read: students) claim that Utley has annoyed some students with her instance (sic) that 'global warming' is a proven science."

The implication, of course, is that "global warming" is a sham. Well if that's the case, who gives a shit if they're taking "gas-guzzling" busses?
Posted: May 18, 2006 8:52 pm

There are DVD's available that cover this topic from leading scientists in the field that could be viewed in the classroom. This is about gaining publicity for the film (notice this was for kids at Beverly Hills High) anyway, so it's a score for Al Gore and his backers.

I cannot see how doing this is BAD for the kids!!! It is just another thing for AM talk show media/hyperbolic bloggers/parrots to get hopped up on. Rise aboves, peoples. Symptomatic of what again? Activism over education? Just because some Mexican nationals' kids cut class to protest a few weeks ago and this teacher is taking some kids to see a movie featuring some "leading scientists" along with Snore Gore we are having a "crisis" due to all of these liberals' "activism"? Oh boy. The problem with our educational system goes WAY deeper than a few busses to see a movie on Global Warming.
Posted: May 18, 2006 8:52 pm

Dale, really?

Didn't you guys go see educational Imax films when you were in school? We did. I just don't understand why this is a big deal.
Posted: May 18, 2006 8:57 pm

I just don't understand why this is a big deal.

Drudge loves pointing out the political work of celebreties. This is all the work of Susan Sarrandon and Barbara Striesand.
Posted: May 18, 2006 9:01 pm

I can't stand that guy, just for stuff like this. It is so pointless. I am sure he can be entertaining (even the worst of the "liberal-bashing"/Regular Guy talk show hosts can be captivating), but anyone who can buddy up to Ann Coulter has issues. Serious issues.

Anyway, I am doing exactly what those 2 want me to do--pitch a bitch. So whatever Drudge-face!!!!
Posted: May 18, 2006 9:06 pm

Oh, I'm not saying he's right, just saying this is the slant he uses and he's trying to get to the source of the funding. This is the direction he will take it.
"Know-nothing celebrity leftists are trying to influence schools, science, and government with their agendas".
Posted: May 18, 2006 9:07 pm

And Coulter can eat a bag of dick.
Posted: May 18, 2006 9:08 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Yeah, it is how he earns his piddly paychecks and can call himself a Journalist with a capital J. He wears a "Scoop"-style reporter's hat too. Jabrone of the highest order!

And chicken livers rule!
Posted: May 18, 2006 9:10 pm

Pinko-Commie. Hanoi Jane is sitting on a Viet-cong howitzer for you somewhere...
Posted: May 18, 2006 9:12 pm

cannot see how doing this is BAD for the kids!!!
I was going to go on this rant as well. I always paid more attention to field trip movies than in school movies, you get out of the classroom to learn, good stuff. And it sounds like Norahs sis would go back and discuss these issues of environmental and poitical nature with kids. Get them to think on their own, you know and not just accept what others say as fact.

And the fact is that our government as is, says global warming does not exist, our kids should know the truth, they are the ones that are really going to suffer if nothing is done and they are uneducated.
Posted: May 18, 2006 9:22 pm

My parent's almost named me "Pinko". Or "Tet".
Posted: May 18, 2006 9:35 pm

Teachers are so annoying with their proven science theories.
Posted: May 18, 2006 9:51 pm

The average eighth-grader 50 years ago was better educated than the average person with a master's degree today. discuss ...
Posted: May 18, 2006 9:59 pm

In their math and science abilities, I completely agree with this. Even if it isn't statistically true.
Posted: May 19, 2006 3:08 am

Rush Limbaugh was indeed talking about her.
Posted: May 19, 2006 4:58 pm

discuss ...

There is also more to learn.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®