Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Well, they've gone and done it ...
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:30 pm

The muthafucker's have gone and done it now and put 6 fuckin' blades on one razor.

http://www.gillettefusion.com/us/

When will the insanity stop?

I personally won't be happy until I see a 10 blade razor!!!
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:31 pm

I had this exact conversation with my wife this weekend.
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:33 pm

I think the Mach III works perfectly fine. I never cut myself, and I get a close, clean, comfortable shave.
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:34 pm

we got this 57 blade razor here in canada in the shape of a facemask.
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:34 pm

Shaving is a sucker's game.
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:36 pm

I saw something no tv the other day about women shaving their faces in leu of getting facials. I think I'll stick to facials.
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:37 pm

I know Jack, I know. I went 9 months without shaving or trimming up until about 2 weeks ago. Shaving is a sucker's game. The Zionists probably have a hand it the razor game.

I wanna laser razor. Now that would be cool. Cause then I could make Star Wars laser gun sound effects when I shave.
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:37 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

I think I'll stick to facials.

Posted: May 15, 2006 8:37 pm

Have you reviewed it? Please tell me if it works better cos I'll be right out to get it. Summer legs y'all!
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:39 pm

The Zionists probably have a hand it the razor game.
I totally believe Hugh has a hand in this.

I wanna laser razor. Now that would be cool. Cause then I could make Star Wars laser gun sound effects when I shave.
I would shave every day if this existed.
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:39 pm

I just use the twin blades. It's more than enough. I remember trying the triple blade and just thinking the damn thing was just way too big to shave with. Gillette should just lay off their entire R&D staff and stick with what already works.
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:39 pm | Edited by: some guy in chicago

getting facials

Am I the only juvenille around that always giggles a little when I hear of a gal going to the spa to get a facial?

One of my all time Onion articles, the "Fuck everything, we're doing 5 blades!" article.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:41 pm

Believe it or not, when I do shave, I use the old-school single blade that you unscrew the bottom and pop the flat blade in the top.
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:43 pm | Edited by: luteinizer

The average man has more than 25,000 hairs as hard as copper wire coming out of his face and spends 3,000 hours in his lifetime shaving them off. The Egyptians were the first to bathe several times a day and remove body hair, sometimes with a clam shell (what is the Egyptian word for "ouch?"- also see Jack Stands old-school single blade)

At first, the Romans thought this was gross and the lack of body hair was a deformity; then they too began to scrape it off. The practice became so accepted, members of "unbarbered" societies became known as barbarians.
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:44 pm

The Zionists probably have a hand it the razor game.
I totally believe Hugh has a hand in this.

Jack, you've totally got my number! Every stroke of the razor is another dollar in my bank account. Keep on shavin'.
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:45 pm

Keep on shavin'.
NO!
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:51 pm

Gillette spent more on the advertising campaign than they did on the 6 blade shaving technology.

JESUS SHAVES!!
Posted: May 15, 2006 8:54 pm

Shave it off-off! Shave that damn beard off!

God I hate stubble. Esp. when it stabs you in the face. Way to kill romantic moments.
Posted: May 15, 2006 9:20 pm

Shave it off-off! Shave that damn beard off!
No!
God I hate stubble. Esp. when it stabs you in the face. Way to kill romantic moments.
No stubble here. Lush and lovely.
Posted: May 15, 2006 9:23 pm

I think the ad is cool.
Posted: May 15, 2006 9:28 pm

If I am ever a doctor, I am going to put on a red dress, a lab coat, lots of makeup and tell people in my most sincere grin, "you are going to like this."
Posted: May 15, 2006 9:28 pm

Once it gets past stubble stage, it may feel a bit better but you just look like a damn lush on a bender with no prospects. Get it together, jack stands!
Posted: May 15, 2006 9:32 pm

but you just look like a damn lush on a bender with no prospects.
Why should I front and pretend not to be? This beard be all sexy time.
Posted: May 15, 2006 9:36 pm

OK, Mister Small Business Plan, think of this defiant attitude when no venture capitalists are knocking!
Posted: May 15, 2006 9:43 pm

Have you reviewed it? Please tell me if it works better cos I'll be right out to get it. Summer legs y'all!

I tried it and it sucks. Mach 3 is where it's at.
Posted: May 15, 2006 9:44 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

OK, Mister Small Business Plan, think of this defiant attitude when no venture capitalists are knocking!

When that day comes, I'll probably trim it, and probably not do the moustache curl on the ends...
Otherwise, it's hair valhala.
Posted: May 15, 2006 9:47 pm

Ah ha! The Mach 3. I use the female version, used to be the Venus now it is something equally moronic b/c iy has extra "skin softening strips" or something. I heard that the Mach 3 blades fit the Venus and work better than the ladies blades.

Good move Jackalope! I mean, St. Pete better be as free and easy as they advertise cos this future small business owner was called "The Rocker Girl" in wild and crazy Portland, Oregon!
Posted: May 15, 2006 9:55 pm

i get so tired of hearing girls telling us what to do with our facial hair. some want us to be shaved, others love facial hair, and some like only certain kinds of facial hair. and they always have to say it like they're speaking from some sort of romance gospel. It's always, "shave that, it scratches me!" or "why did you shave, i liked it the other way?" or "what is that some kind of handle bar thing? does that make you feel tough?" the answer to all of these statements and questions is, nobody asked you, why are you still talking?. because that's actually true, i've never asked any girl in my life and still gotten a million fucking opinions. and almost never from a girl i would ever even think about if she wasn't making herself an annoyance. didn't mean to be harsh towards fiery at all, because it is totally different on a message board, just voicing my frustration with annoying girls.
Posted: May 15, 2006 10:00 pm

i like saying, "don't worry, this beard will never scratch you."

hehe
Posted: May 15, 2006 10:01 pm

What about all the girls who complement you? I am sure you are not as annoyed with them.

If is scratching her because you are making out with her, she might have grounds.
Posted: May 15, 2006 10:01 pm

I personally won't be happy until I see a 10 blade razor!!!

Mine goes to eleven!
Posted: May 15, 2006 10:38 pm

Mine goes to eleven!

Zing!!
Posted: May 15, 2006 10:56 pm

Hey, they just had a story on Channel 3 about women shaving their faces!
Goner Board is SO topical!

I might try it.
Posted: May 15, 2006 11:46 pm

Posted: May 15, 2006 11:51 pm

http://www.wreg.com/
check out the banner at the top of the page!
Posted: May 16, 2006 12:39 am

Oh dangerouspinkie, I am sorry that our wacky ways have been so annoying. I have much better manners that to just out & out, in all seriousness (message board words=not reality, really) tell any man what to do with their facial hair. But I might say something behind their back if they look like shit and you better believe my husband's going to be encouraged to shave if he starts poking my face every time I give him a kiss.

Zing. Facial hair is nothing to get serious about!
Posted: May 16, 2006 12:41 am

Facial hair is nothing to get serious about!
Blasphemy. A full facial coif. It's almost everything.
Posted: May 16, 2006 12:56 am

Yeah, on second thought, I am more serious than I initially thought. My dad shaved his beard after 9/11 (he does sorta look like a better-looking Sadaam Hussein...kinda like a Sadaam/Phil Jackson combo) because he was getting looked at all weird down in Florida. He looks like freak with no beard! I can barely look at him! I guess his latest wife is anti-beard or maybe she doesn't realize how much better he looks with it.
Posted: May 16, 2006 8:46 pm

no it's not so much that it's about facial hair, it's about annoying girls. fiery's not in that category. facial hair is very important though. sometimes girls like it rough.

i'm sorry, i couldn't help myself.

that was terrible

i'm going away now
Posted: May 16, 2006 8:55 pm

I would really like to be a fly on the wall at these gillette corporate meetings.

"Well team, the brass upstairs wants us to develop a new product... something that will completely revolutionize the world of shaving. Let's put our heads together on this one"

a half hour later...

"Fuck it, let's just add a sixth blade"
Posted: May 16, 2006 9:00 pm

I think what is interesting about this razor is since the 6th blade is offset, and used for specialty trimming, are they infact, admitting they have maxed out the number of blades truly used for shaving? Will the next evolution be to add two blades to the specialty trimmer? Yeah, I know, I prob spend WAY too much time thinking about this.
Posted: May 16, 2006 10:41 pm

speaking of the shaving game, who here likes what shaving cream? i rolled with edge gel for a long time, then gilette foamy, then one day i ran out and just used a good lather from a bar of irish spring and i've never bought another can of shaving cream since!

shaving cream is a scam.
Posted: May 16, 2006 11:08 pm

what the hell are the battery operated ones supposed to do..??
Posted: May 16, 2006 11:15 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

They vibrate the hair out of the pore...or at least that is what the graphic makes it look like.

What the hell is "specialty trimming"?

I like Venus gel or whatever the name of the matching gels are for the Venus razor.
Posted: May 16, 2006 11:18 pm

What the hell is "specialty trimming"

Shapping your goatee, sideburns, or Hitler stache. Not that I'd ever do that, for me it's either full shave, or absolutely no shave.
Posted: May 16, 2006 11:31 pm

Oh so it is for shaving for residents of Orlando, Phoenix and Las Vegas?
Posted: May 16, 2006 11:41 pm

Exactly.
Posted: May 17, 2006 4:13 am

The things shitty, it's too big, and the specialty razor did nothing but cut me. They sent it to me for free in the mail though, kinda made up for the fact that new blades are a total rip-off.
Posted: May 17, 2006 4:25 am

How do you think this monstrosity would work on ladies' legs? Specialty area being the well, you know.
Posted: May 17, 2006 4:54 am

i ain't cuttin' my face hair till bush leaves offices in disgrace..
Posted: May 17, 2006 5:06 am

I hope you shave soon tet68.

You know that Tet happened 3 days after I was born? Whoo hoo!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®