Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Whitesnake guy gets 4 years for 100 counts of manslaughter!
Posted: May 11, 2006 1:05 am

I don't know what his name is but I just had the radio on and heard him crying. The Judge gave him 4 years in prision. 100 counts of manslaughter!!! Wow! I can't find the story on the internets anywhere...
Posted: May 11, 2006 1:35 am

Posted: May 11, 2006 1:39 am

Great White...
White Snake...
Whyte Lyon...

Is there a difference???
Posted: May 11, 2006 1:47 am

WHITE POWER!
Posted: May 11, 2006 1:55 am

Dear Mr Rape Ape,
Thank you so much for clearing that up. I was starting to feel out of touch with today's music scene. Now I feel a little more "with-it"... By the way, which one would you recommend? They all seem so good.
Hugs,
HG
Posted: May 11, 2006 2:31 am

great white did a record called twice shy with a song called "once bitten twice shy" or something about some slut, also it starts with the classic rock n r riff and single snare/kick hits reminiscent of the time, like in paradise city, etc.

also written by Mott The Hoople's Ian Hunter
Posted: May 11, 2006 3:28 am

whitesnake were the band that did "here i go again" and i think their singer did a record once with jimmy page.

David Coverdale, the singer in question, was the singer in Deep Purple after Ian Gillan. Whitesnake were quite popular in Britain and Europe in the 70's and early 80's, and definitely had a harder sound than they are remembered for here. I imagine many a greasy haired headbanger would have had a few Whitesnake records sitting alongside the likes of Thin Lizzy and Rainbow back in the day. Almost all of the early albums also feature Jon Lord and Ian Paice from Deep Purple, who were amongst the old-timers that Coverdale fired from the band so that American girls would be more interested in the group - and it worked.
Posted: May 11, 2006 3:31 am

Great Whites!
Posted: May 11, 2006 4:26 am

That decisions sucks. He was just trying to make it so that everyone had a really cool time, it wasn't his fault that the place burned to the ground. Dang.

Deep Purple rules.
Posted: May 11, 2006 4:54 am

Deep Purple rules
Don't bring Deep Purple into this!! DP is waaay better than White Tiger.
Posted: May 11, 2006 7:21 am

"You didn't know that rocknroll burned/so you bought a candle and you lived and you learned".
Posted: May 11, 2006 4:22 pm

That decisions sucks. He was just trying to make it so that everyone had a really cool time, it wasn't his fault that the place burned to the ground. Dang.

I agree, it sucks for thse who lost loved ones, but they were making him out to be a monster on the news, it was not like he took out a gun and sprayed bullets into the crowd. I feel for the guy. Did anyone else get punished?
Posted: May 11, 2006 5:23 pm

I believe the club owners have yet to go on trial.
Posted: May 11, 2006 6:15 pm

"You didn't know that rocknroll burned/so you bought a candle and you lived and you learned".

lol oh gawd. that is ssooo wrong. i love it.
i think the guy got off light. his attorneys made a good decision. go ahead and plead guilty to 100 counts of involuntary manslaughter and you face up to 10 years in jail and only get 4???? thats a deal. ill bet the owners of the club dont get off as light.

white tiger?!?!?!? that was mark st. jon's band!!! you were probably trying to mistake them fur white lion tho.
ya know, i saw great white open fur judas priest in 84. they had no pyro then. somehow i feel robbed
Posted: May 11, 2006 6:23 pm

Since you brought it up, the Whitesnake guys should get four years for 100 counts of sucking.
Posted: May 11, 2006 6:25 pm

What? Here's a dollar. Go buy you some taste! Dang.
Posted: May 11, 2006 6:32 pm

If it's all the same to you, I'll spend that dollar on a cheeseburger and continue hating Whitesnake and loving the Marked Men.
Posted: May 11, 2006 6:36 pm

If I lay off dissing the Marked Men, can I have a bite of your MOTOburger?
Posted: May 12, 2006 11:13 am

'great white pyro men' would be a great name for a band at this point.
Posted: May 12, 2006 11:41 am

bazooka joe loves whitesnake but hates the marked men

oh wait you live in NYC

the worst city ever, that explains it
Posted: May 12, 2006 11:42 am

actually what am I saying that doesn't explain shit!!!!!!!!!!

maybe the cocaine has dented in your brain
Posted: May 12, 2006 1:21 pm

Posted: May 12, 2006 9:44 pm

up to 10 years in jail and only get 4????
This shit went down over two years ago. I wonder if they were holding him the entire time, or if he made bail. I feel sorry for the guy. He was pretty remorseful. But he should've known not to fuck around with pyrotechnics around all of that Aqua-Net.
Posted: May 13, 2006 3:39 am

In the most recent Chuck Klosterman book, he visits Rhode Island and talks to people about that Great White show-turned-tragedy. Apparently a lot of the firefighters were freaking out with Vietnam napalm flashbacks. The victims' skin melted off the bone ...
Posted: May 13, 2006 6:10 am

"accidents will happen"

Romeo's on Desolation Row again
Posted: May 14, 2006 3:56 pm

tawny kitean rules
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®