Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / hey check this happy guy out..!!
Posted: May 10, 2006 9:30 pm

I think id scream like a woman if seen one of these shits in my room..
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/about-us/news/2005/august/images/Giant-Centipede_ 08-370_6294_1.jpg
Posted: May 10, 2006 11:58 pm

Hah! I caught one of those in our bedroom a couple of years ago. I was downstairs and I heard d'lana screaming like freddy and jason were both up there! I kind of guided it into a mason jar and filled it with alky. It sat on the back porch for ever. It was easily that size. I've seen 2 like that since then.
Posted: May 11, 2006 12:26 am

The Red Headed Centipede, Scolopendra heros castaneiceps, is one of three subspecies of Scolopendra heros, which are often collectively referred to as "Giant Desert Centipedes". The Giant Desert Centipedes are some of the largest and most attractive of all centipedes, but the Red Headed Centipede is widely considered the most impressive of the bunch.

The Red Headed Centipede is a desert dweller that spends the day tucked away in moist hiding spots to avoid the desert's drying affects. They are often found in rock crevices, under leaf litter, and under rocks, and will sometimes burrow into the ground. Red Headed Centipedes are nocturnal predators that feed primarily upon insects. They are well equipped to avoid being preyed upon. This species of centipede has a tail that looks similar to its head, confusing would-be predators and thus, helping to protect its most vital areas. If it is attacked, it can respond with a very painful or even deadly bite. This species of centipede is quite fast and typically very aggressive. Although the venom of this centipede is not considered deadly to humans, all centipedes have a certain amount of venom in their bites; and while be bitten usually results in nothing more than a very painful wound, some people may be allergic to the venom. Pain from the bite may only last a couple of hours, but it could last as much as a couple of days.
Posted: May 11, 2006 12:36 am

no comparison, but for montreal i was pretty pissed when i lived in a place infested by these dudes:
http://www.whatsthatbug.com/images/house_centipede_named_bob.jpg
and check out his brother:
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/125500/125617AGIE_w.jpg
oh ya!
Posted: May 11, 2006 12:51 am

Mark, that second link didn't work... I've seen three Mojave Greens in the last month alone. Those things can kill you.
Posted: May 11, 2006 12:56 am

Check these snake bite pictures out and you'll NEVER want to mess with one...
Posted: May 11, 2006 1:09 am | Edited by: jblundell

that is some fuckin gruesome stuff george.
Posted: May 11, 2006 1:14 am

You killed your belly button?
Posted: May 11, 2006 1:49 am

no comparison, but for montreal i was pretty pissed when i lived in a place infested by these dudes:
http://www.whatsthatbug.com/images/house_centipede_named_bob.jpg

Looks like a sea creature. Bug go back in the water!
Posted: May 11, 2006 1:54 am

house_centipede_named_bob.jpg
Never give bugs names.
Posted: May 11, 2006 1:55 am

Other than "Fucker". As in "DIE, FUCKER!!!"
Posted: May 11, 2006 2:07 am

eeesh. just noticed that name thing.
some of them are big, though. maybe that's why the guy named it. i remember i found what must have been the queen or whatever hiding in a towel. it was fuckin MASSIVE and had a pattern on it, all stripey and shit.
Posted: May 11, 2006 2:09 am

Yeesh...
Posted: May 11, 2006 2:11 am

How big are queen bees anyway?
Posted: May 11, 2006 2:21 am

ive seen that snake bite shit before...FUCK.
Posted: May 11, 2006 7:27 am

snakes = main course
red centi = apetizer

problem is always how to get some drinks
Posted: May 11, 2006 10:13 pm

hey steve, did you do that to that snake? Help me here if you can, I saw one in the road the other day and I tried to get it in my back pack. It had bright greenish/yellow and black diamonds all the way down. Then it had this bright orange stripe about 1/2 an inch wide all the way to the tail. When I tried to get it it got real aggro so i let it be. Then it scooted off and jumped in to this ditch and started swimming! And it had the diamond shaped head. I 've never seen one like that . It was about 4 feet long.
Posted: May 11, 2006 11:16 pm

the first pick that Mark posted looked similar to the "shrimp-like" thing that was on my floor a few weeks ago. Lookin all speckled and striped. I first almost stepped on it barefoot and thought it wouldn't be a good idea...

Mark, what is the other one you posted that didn't work?
Posted: May 11, 2006 11:18 pm

it was ridiculous and hopefully fake.
Posted: May 11, 2006 11:21 pm

ok

well I think the first one lives in my house
Posted: May 11, 2006 11:23 pm

they bite. serious. they are assholes.
Posted: May 11, 2006 11:32 pm

There are black ones that size I used to see in Arkansas at camp. Millipedes I thought they were called.
Posted: May 11, 2006 11:35 pm

Nature makes some crazy shit.
Posted: May 11, 2006 11:40 pm

Jack! That is horrific. Without sounds I could have coped but that was so sad with the squeaks.
Posted: May 11, 2006 11:40 pm

I am totally and completely certain that I don't need to look at those #@*%&$ images to know they are ALL the spawn of the DEVIL!!

And will make my dreams turn to nightmares!
Posted: May 11, 2006 11:43 pm

Yeah Sherry, stay away from the pics...I'll bet there are some long ass centipedes in your house. Beware!

Jack, I'm scared.
Posted: May 11, 2006 11:46 pm | Edited by: Haunted George

hey steve, did you do that to that snake?

No, but two out of the three of those rattlers I saw are now sitting quietly in Mason Jars in my room... Lisa hates it!

It had bright greenish/yellow and black diamonds all the way down

Hey James, was it this guy?

I think it's a rat snake...

What's the saying about Coral snakes vs. King snakes?
"If red touches yellow, it can kill a fellow" (coral snake)
"If red touches black, it is a friend of Jack" (king snake)
Posted: May 12, 2006 1:12 am

What's the saying about Coral snakes vs. King snakes?

If red touches white you're alright...
If red touches black get the fuck back!!!

http://www.utexas.edu/opa/news/01newsreleases/nr_200103/coral2.html
Posted: May 12, 2006 1:23 am

If black touches red you're better off fuckin' dead..
If red touches yellow, smoke a bowl, it's mellow..
Posted: May 12, 2006 1:41 am

If red touches black shove it up your crack...
If white touches red get on down and spread..
Posted: May 12, 2006 1:45 am

No, the diamonds were smaller and more distinct. And it had this bright orange stripe like a traffic cone. Never seen one like it. I've mangled many a rat/king/bull snake in my time. When I was a kid i preffered a heavy rake or a machete. In my older years I like the effect of the shotgun.
If red touches black get back
If red touches yellow see how far you can cram it up yer ass and video tape it.
Posted: May 12, 2006 1:47 am

GOD DAMN! you beat me.
Posted: May 12, 2006 2:57 am

Can I hang with you guys? You 're fuckin' cool!
Posted: May 12, 2006 3:34 am

you have to enlist to this "elite exotic animal club"..dude.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®