Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I NEED HELP with European customs???? ANY BAND THAT HAS TOURED EUROPE BEFORE??? help????
Posted: May 5, 2006 5:31 pm

Ernie's sent me a 100 Black Lips videos (YOU'VE SEEN IT!) to me and now I got a letter the customs need import taxes.
Anybody experienced this before?? How to handle in this situation???
Posted: May 5, 2006 5:41 pm

Have you tried smoking the DVD's?
Posted: May 5, 2006 5:41 pm

It probably would have been easier if it was sent to the Konkurrent or if it was sent as "promo material'' . Have you talked to customs yet?
Posted: May 5, 2006 5:45 pm

Haven't talked to anyone yet, I sms-ed and mailed the Black Lips booker. Robby G, because he's got some experience with this, but he's probably drinking; it's summerish here right now.
The tour begins next tuesday so I wanna have things ready by then.
Posted: May 5, 2006 5:47 pm

But yeah, Ernie should have ticked the box "Commercial Sample"....
Posted: May 5, 2006 5:48 pm

Well he's drunk too.
Posted: May 5, 2006 5:50 pm

too?? You got an excellent guess!!! I had a free day because it's exactly 61 years ago you americans, canadian and british guys gave these Germans a good blow job
Posted: May 5, 2006 5:57 pm

Have you tried smoking out the customs agents? That always works.
Posted: May 5, 2006 6:00 pm

Is there a "pro forma " invoice inside the box of videos? If not try and get one with the value on it. If you don't have one of those invoices customs is gonna guess how much it's worth.
Posted: May 5, 2006 6:06 pm

I use proforma invoices all the time. I can email you one if you want and you can change the info to your specs.
Posted: May 5, 2006 6:11 pm

Jasper, the only way is to call it promo material. You may need a letter or fake invoice from Ernie stating this. Otherwise, fork over the $$$
Posted: May 5, 2006 6:26 pm

100 gifts
Posted: May 5, 2006 8:11 pm

100 gifts

hahaha, that's what Ernie stated!
You guys are real biznizmen, damn.
Thanks for the help, but I think Robert's been the best help so far.
Posted: May 5, 2006 8:15 pm

deny the package and have it sent back to ernie
Posted: May 5, 2006 8:28 pm

I think you could get away with calling it promo material if you get a list of all their touring dates coming up , and maybe some evidence of tours they've done in the past. You'll probably have to pay something though. leave it there until the buyer pays for them. Also a friend of mine from Germany went was gonna have to pay customs ofn some of my records, he told me how much it was gonna cost, but the next time he went back they just gave it to him when he said it was promo stuff. If you know who is booking their tour you may be able to get something from him that says it's promo material. I mean, it is...whether it's for sale or not, it ain;t no lie. Everytime I've sent shirts to Europe I've always hade to pay some sort of customs, but not too much per shirt.
Posted: May 5, 2006 8:34 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

You can claim each unit as about $1.10 each as promo copies on the proforma invoice. I wouldn't do any less.
Posted: May 5, 2006 8:50 pm

Ernie's gonna be in Amsterdam wednesday anyway, so he's gonna be able to pick it up himself. I'm gonna give him the papers on the first BL show next tuesday. He's gotta state about 40 dvd's are for the club owners where the BL play, leftovers are for sale at the shows for about 8.
The customs won't take a lower price. He's gonna be paying about 60x 1.20 that way, sad but true. Next time he indeed should throw in a statement saying it's promo material, but it's too late for that now.
Posted: May 5, 2006 8:52 pm

Fascinating. Tell me more.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®