Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / siestas for america
Posted: May 4, 2006 5:41 pm

I'm starting a movement. An extreme non-violent resistance campaign. What am I resisting? Being awake. At work. That shit is for losers.

Henceforth, I will be taking a short nap, at my desk, following lunch each weekday. I did this yesterday and it felt great. I think there are studies about the benefits of it somewhere. In fact, a good portion of the world participates in this activity.

"yeah but those countries aren't industrious like the good old u.s.a.," you say, "the reason those countries don't have such a strong economy is because they're lazy and nap every day." bullshit. we are the laziest country on the face of the earth. we can afford to nap in the afternoon, trust me. it might even improve our condition.

who's with me? if we start here maybe one day we'll have two hours off in the middle of the day, for eating, drinking wine, and napping. That's how they do it in more advanced countries.
Posted: May 4, 2006 5:48 pm

where do i sign?
Posted: May 4, 2006 5:52 pm

maybe I will start a religion called the "church of siestology" which holds post-lunch naps as its most sacred tradition-- sorta like praying to mecca every hour or whatever. that way employers would have to allow it.
Posted: May 4, 2006 6:22 pm

I love the plan, but you know those crazy spaniards stay at work until 9, to make up for the afternoon nap.
Posted: May 4, 2006 6:26 pm

I'll join your cult! Staying awake is for suckers! And everyone needs more "afternoon delight" in their lives...
Posted: May 4, 2006 6:29 pm

Posted: May 4, 2006 7:12 pm

Sign me up.
Posted: May 4, 2006 7:28 pm

I love the plan, but you know those crazy spaniards stay at work until 9, to make up for the afternoon nap.

I'd love to respond to this with some kind of witty banter, but I have to take a nap now.
Posted: May 4, 2006 8:36 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

I just woke up from an hour long nap. The boss wasn;'t here today and it's just me. We have a leather couch just oposite my desk and I drooled on it!
Posted: May 4, 2006 8:39 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

UUHHMMMMM!!!!!!! Yes, that felt great. Thank you.
Posted: May 4, 2006 8:53 pm

I'm still all goofed out from my nap. I've been sick with a cold this week and I took some dayquil today, but that should have kept me up. I don't even know what's going on.
Posted: May 4, 2006 9:08 pm

I just woke up like 15 minutes ago too. huzzah!

you need some coffee joe. that'll fix you up.
Posted: May 4, 2006 9:17 pm

My beaner blood says: "Si Señor!". I'm fucking TIRED!
Posted: May 4, 2006 9:23 pm

viva!
Posted: May 4, 2006 9:32 pm

a martin luther sleep king for our times might just be what we need!

duerma!
Posted: May 4, 2006 9:35 pm

I used to work in a nappy (diaper) factory. Can't beat sleeping on a bunch of nappies (diapers).
Posted: May 4, 2006 9:37 pm

i sleep at work all the time. i just go into the bathroom and rest my head on the toilet paper holder or the handicap rail. about 15 min and i'm good. not too many people are going to question you as long as you drop your pants around your ankles.
Posted: May 4, 2006 9:38 pm

You're a... fuck it. I'm going back to sleep.
Posted: May 5, 2006 1:34 am

Anybody can nap on the job... truckers...surgeons...air traffic controllers. But it takes a real man to squirt one off in the bathroom before anybody catches on.
Posted: May 5, 2006 12:39 pm

just wipe off the drool
before you go back
to the j.o.b.
Posted: May 5, 2006 11:40 pm

i just go into the bathroom and rest my head on the toilet paper holder or the handicap rail.

That's a favorite trick of mine, too! I've mastered the "hangover hunch"- I can now sleep sitting with my head between my knees. I can usually get away with a lil 1/2 hour nap before some starts wondering where I am.
Posted: May 5, 2006 11:41 pm

tengo sueño
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®