Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / vocal processors...
Posted: Apr 22, 2006 6:51 am

i'm scared to buy the new ones coz i'm the poorest person in the world and the damn thing is $200 at Guitar Center. it seems new fangled and janky. and i just feel like i might have other options for finding neat sounds for singing with something else? i don't mean to be annoying but does anyone have any advice?
Posted: Apr 22, 2006 7:21 am

me likes the sound of that...thank you thank you...
Posted: Apr 22, 2006 1:54 pm

DanEcho pedal.

also good are various flanger and phaser pedals.
Posted: Apr 22, 2006 2:24 pm

Maybe Eric O and Jay can answer this: What kind of delay was used on the vocals on the Bad Times record? The DanEcho's are like $80, but I've noticed they make way cheaper ones, like the PB&J or the Slap Echo. I guess that wouldn't be good for that kind of shit.
Posted: Apr 22, 2006 6:32 pm

I've used a DanEcho for vocals since James Arthur turned me onto 'em for guitar like seven years ago. They're great! I'd never spend money on an expensive processor. In fact, I've yet to hear a rack unit that even makes a proper tape loop or slapback delay, but the dano sounds like the real thing.
Posted: Apr 22, 2006 7:34 pm

danecho seems to be the winner right now.
Posted: Apr 22, 2006 7:35 pm

i have this weird board i plug into but its clumsy and crazy. a pedal would be nice.
Posted: Apr 22, 2006 8:53 pm

Posted: Apr 22, 2006 10:34 pm

well, thats a bit off topic, isn't it? but regardless i need equipment...your so awful nice to think of me tho...
Posted: Apr 22, 2006 11:14 pm

spider hearts agony bag
Posted: Apr 23, 2006 3:34 am

SPITER!
Posted: Apr 23, 2006 4:56 am

I think they may have used my analog delay pedal on those recordings...don't quite remember.

if you want a slapback style delay this is the cheapest one that will do the job:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Effects?sku=151862
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®